Hoods & Capes Signups/OOC

Although reading up at your leisure doesn't hurt either; the group so far has been pretty badass and have a unique dynamic already.

Just got a post up. Sorry for the late reply everyone; didn't realize y'all were waiting on me.

I hope my post was fine, it's been a while since I've roleplayed legitimately

I'm trying to think up a reply, have been very busy for the past few days.

Reactions: Mobley Eats
Ceelo "Cee" Van Keetan IV

xavier_1_final_touch_rt_v1.jpg

Insomnia

Single Player

Abilities: Insomnia has an ability dubbed simply as Phobia. His body produces a contagious pathogen that can infect his targets and submerge them into a torrent of illusions. He does so by expelling spores through his skin and allowing someone to breathe them in. These hallucinations burden the target with visions of their absolute worst nightmare; those who are unprepared for the attack are most likely to confuse the visions for reality while it takes someone of high mental fortitude to realize that it's fake.

In some cases, Insomnia can induce hallucinations so visceral and horrific that his targets temporarily fall unconscious, but this requires a large chunk of energy on his part, which he doesn't terribly have much to give.

If his targets are able to shake off the effects of the pathogen, he is still aware of what their deepest fear is, which he can happily stow away for later use. Moral of the story--stay far away from his nightmare virus.

fd2b5267cf75ccefd6d71bbdc15b3e8e.gif

340ba846b0d9ba071034de5b94a03ac1.jpg

Strengths
  • Insight: As said before, Insomnia can delve into the deepest depths of his subject's fears and bring them to fruition before their very eyes. The lingering effect is that he now knows this fear and can sense the sentiment radiating from his target, no matter how hard they try to hide it.
  • Torture: Of course, utilizing terror as a form of torture is only natural. And highly effective. All humans have a crumbling point, it just takes an impressive well of patience to wait for someone to crack. Plus, it helps him get answers.
  • Reverse: There lies an extension to his powers. Only once has Insomnia ever reversed the effects of his pathogen and enforced pleasant dreams for a subject, but he has yet to do it a second time. Nor would there ever be a reason for it. Unfortunately, he cannot perform this on himself.

Weaknesses
  • Physical Strength: Since Insomnia tries to subdue his enemy before they even have a chance to attack, he doesn't have much muscle to back himself up. His strength matches that of a normal man who tries to lift weights whenever he's not talking to himself.
  • Immobility: Insomnia's abilities require him to remain motionless and focused on his targets--which leads to the fact that he has a limited amount of people he can submerge into hallucinations at once. If he's physically jarred or too distracted, the illusions weaken and it gives his targets a chance to realize they're fake.
  • Mentally Unstable: Insomnia is far from mentally stable. A massive backlash of his abilities is that the pathogens wage war against his mind as well. He doesn't sleep, he sees hallucinations so much that they're part of his reality now, and he constantly hears three distinct voices in his head. They each have a name and command his every action. He is nothing but a slave to them. The following voices are listed below.
    • Michelle: Michelle is needy and demands the most attention out of all three voices. She has a particular fondness for torturing new people that Insomnia meets.
    • Peter: Peter is unusually docile and gentle, posing as the only anchor for Insomnia. He sounds much younger than the others, almost like a little boy, and gives off the impression that he's harassed or abused by the Michelle and Kendall.
    • Kendall: Kendall is far more subdued and morose, sounding as if he suffers from just as much sleep deprivation as Insomnia does. However, his words are daunting and twisted, delivered with a casualness that doesn't sit well in anyone's stomach. He encourages Insomnia's rare urge to kill.

Bio: That is to be left a mystery. For now.

"Won't you dream a little dream of me?"

Last edited:
Hey everyone, so a quick update;

I'm not dead (yet), this past week or so I've had three concerts to go to, and so I've basically just been in a coma whenever I haven't been partying. I'm getting too old for party weeks, so that's going to not become a frequent thing. With that said everything shall be resuming as normal both the group roleplay, and one on ones that are ongoing and have yet to start.

I'm looking forward to the upcoming adventures we are all gonna have!

Hey @Seductress , this seems like a good D6 system for combat and such, what do you think? I'm uncertain if it applies much to your Power Attack, Power Defense, and Block attributes, but I figured I would try to contribute something. Please, I'd love for the others to give it a look as well and tell me what you think!

D6 System

And same, @Sail ! Very much looking forward to future adventures with the gang.

Name David Markova
Fang
Age 23
Male
Height:5'6
Weight: 140
Single player/Multiplayer
Neutral
Skills and abilities: Martial Arts, Weapons Expert, Superhuman Stats, Basic Healing Factor
54531026-6C6A-4293-88AD-3B1F8259B0A1.jpeg
David doesn't remember his childhood, only knowing that at a young age he was raised to be a killer. A hitman for a powerful group of rich people. They altered his body, turning him into someone stronger then the average man. He was their perfect killing machine, that is until they sent him on the wrong mission. David was sent to kill a child, a young girl.
He couldn't do it, it was a rule he wasn't going to break. He wouldn't harm a child. The ones who turned him into a killer vowed to make him pay. It was then shown their greatest weapon, became their greatest threat. David left on his own becoming a mercenary, however had a few rules.
He wouldn't kill anyone who is a child, or if they have children
He wouldn't kill someone unless there was another way of taking them down.(Blackmailing them, finding damning evidence etc).
He also would let someone live if they have knowledge of his past.
To this day, David is trying to uncover his lost memories and end the lives of the ones who turned in into a killer.

Last edited:
Hey again, everyone! Just popping in to see if anyone's interested in some 1 on 1 RP with my character Echo? He isn't involved in the main IC story as of right now, but it'd still be fun to plot out a one-shot mission with someone. Or even have him interact with someone as his normal civilian persona!

If anyone's got a free character and is interested, let me know!

Hope you're doing alright and that you had a wonderful Thanksgiving, Seductress!

• Love
Reactions: Zerofighter
@Sail , @KasaiVictoriano , @Lazeration , @Ur Degaton , @Ariel , @KatSea @Stryder , @Zerofighter

Hello, everyone! Sorry for the random and unprecedented tag, but I wanted to touch basis with you all.

I've only realized recently (aka yesterday) that our GM is currently unreachable. I cannot DM, follow, nor do anything else that warrants a normal and active profile. I don't want to assume the worst, but I fear that her membership is now inactive. For whatever reason this may be, I hope beyond all hope that she is healthy and well, and that we may see her pop up again on the website sometime soon. If any of you have an information on her whereabouts, please let us know that she's okay, at the least.

Thus, I have a question: Are you guys still interested in this RP? I'm personally very invested in the characters and story so far. If you are, then I'm here to suggest that we continue this adventure. Rather than moving forward with the main plot for IC, we can start brainstorming 1 on 1 or team ideas and created separate threads from there. These will all be "side plots" that veer away from the main plot, but allow us to delve deeper into our characters' stories, whether it be their hero or normal civilian persona. This way, we can keep the universe alive and thriving while respecting Seductress's original plot. Who knows--she may come back someday and we can start from where we left off.

If any of you guys are interested, please react to this post or respond below. This group has serious promise, so it really would be a shame to watch it die out so soon.

-Stay gucci

• Love
Yeah I think that'd be a good idea. I'm super worried about her as well, and hopefully she does return

• Sweet
Same I'm willing to do some new ideas or plots with people.
DM me
Unfortunately I don't have any information on her
I do hope she is ok though, and that she didn't get into any trouble

• Sweet
To be fair she has been busy recently
And she told me she has had internet troubles
So my guess those played a fsctor
It's best to stay positive

Hope she's fine, but well, RL can be a female canine.

I'd be fine with continuing this in some way, or we could do some kind of reboot/AU with similar characters if someone wants to take up the mantle.

• Thank You
@Seductress *Glomps* ....I was totally not worried at all.

But seriously thank goodness you're alright!

• Love
Reactions: Seductress