Hoods & Capes Signups/OOC

It started out as just an internal fire when the first explosion occurred, but the more that the fire spread, and the more oxidizing and flammable materials that the fire hit caused it to grow massive and can be seen from the outside. I think it's safe to say that our heroes won't be able to do anything to put out the fire, and that the building is most likely going to be destroyed. As for the six gunmen outside, they are lined up where they expect everyone to try and evacuate from, so yeah West Wing, and will be firing upon anyone they see trying to exit the building.

• Thank You
Reactions: Mobley Eats
Alrighty! Thank you. I'll get an Iron Head response up soon!

Reactions: Seductress
Blair Whittaker

@cristiansartori_portraits FRO

Snowfall

Single Player | Multiplayer

Cyrokinesis

Blair is able to manipulate the structure of ice, produce it, and diminish it. Her ability truly lies in the diminishing of temperature, and has been able on occasion to slow those around her with great thought. Blair herself can not feel physically cold, and in reality is in constant overheat when she does not use her abilities. She is certain this is caused by her body thrusting itself into overdrive when her powers at work, but she has not been able to pinpoint such answers. She can not manipulate water, but can manipulate slush, snow, and frost. She requires a humid atmosphere to be able to freeze particles in the air, and even then it can be difficult to concentrate. For this reason, she keeps a pouch of water with her, just in case.

Everyone wonder, Who sits in seat 21? Well during the trip to USJ e… #fanfiction #Fanfiction #amreading #books #wattpad

(This costume is equipped with a bright white hood, a light blue balaclava, and an adorable blue pouch for her wallet and power storage)

Bio:

Blair was raised in a singular white room for the first thirteen years of her life. There was nothing of foreign nature in her little room, her "mother" and "father" tall figures in lab coat. The new development came when she was three. A little brother, with hair as white as the walls in her room. Blair and her new brother, James, only left the room for their daily shots, picks and prods, and an occasional math and reading lesson. Blair was favored among the white-coats, her brother serving less than a purpose as he had grown to be stubborn. Blair listened, Jem did not. Blair complied, Jem did not. When they threatened to take Jem away from her, Blair coaxed a lab assistant to lead them out of their little white room into the world unknown.

The lab assistant that Blair had referred to as "Uncle" soon invited them into his own home. Unbeknownst to Blair and Jem, he continued a variety of examinations, giving them proper education and introduction to the world around them. Blair struggled to adapt, while Jem took to the new world as if it had been meant for him. Uncle discovered one night that Blair's treatment had finally worked, having to cradle a panicking teenager as her hand became encased in ice and travelled up her arms. It had only taken fourteen years for the experiments to work. Uncle encouraged Blair to strengthen these abilities, and managed to coax Jem into the same experiments until the young boy could manipulate water, breathe in it, extract it from his own sweat. Jem had been less than thrilled with this revelation, and at the age of thirteen, when his powers finally settled into fruition, he took his sister out of the home and encouraged them to find a new home.

This came in the form of a young married couple, who took in the confused duo and helped them settle into their new home. Blair ended up finishing high school with an interest in microbiology, found a love in science she never anticipated, and briefly went to college for engineering. She got a degree, intended to go into graduate school, only to drop out at the end of her third year. The reasons behind this are unclear, but soon after she took upon the cowl when she and her brother accidentally froze and waterboarded two muggers on their way home from work. She went to Night Watcher soon after, wishing to relieve the experience and not be arrested for unlawful freezer burn.

Image result for freeze+gif

Welcome to the team, KatSea! Do you want me to fill you in on what's happened so far, or do you just want to read for yourself? It's still basically just the opening of the story, nothing far too important has happened.

Reactions: KatSea
Welcome to the team, KatSea! Do you want me to fill you in on what's happened so far, or do you just want to read for yourself? It's still basically just the opening of the story, nothing far too important has happened.

Hey there Seductress :D Thanks for letting me apart of this! Er, could you give me a brief catch up? You see, I have made the mistake of drowning in several wonderful rps during college and needless to say my puny brain is fried, so a catch up would be great! Also would it be more useful if I just showed up for the second mission rather than the first?

No worries! I've had a lot of free time on my hands, but now that Disney Plus launched I don't think I will have much more time.

Basically, two minor villains (Surge and Sadist) were introduced. They were breaking into a pharmacy that focuses on genetic research and development, only to have The Night Watcher come to take them on. They prove to be a handful together, so one by one Iron Head, Coils and Transfer showed up to help defeat him.

Before the plot began, a congressman was shot in a drive by and sent to the hospital. Nicole went to the hospital with a gun to check in on him, and realizes that there isn't any police officers or armed guards watching him. Solomon and are Azure Ghost show up after the hospital comes under attack from armed, masked men who detonate a bomb in the parking garage.

The heroes have rallied at the hospital. The Azure Ghost managed to get the Congrassman out of the building, but now Nicole and Solomon are on the top floor attempting to come up with a plan to safely evacuate the last twenty people.

No worries! I've had a lot of free time on my hands, but now that Disney Plus launched I don't think I will have much more time.

Basically, two minor villains (Surge and Sadist) were introduced. They were breaking into a pharmacy that focuses on genetic research and development, only to have The Night Watcher come to take them on. They prove to be a handful together, so one by one Iron Head, Coils and Transfer showed up to help defeat him.

Before the plot began, a congressman was shot in a drive by and sent to the hospital. Nicole went to the hospital with a gun to check in on him, and realizes that there isn't any police officers or armed guards watching him. Solomon and are Azure Ghost show up after the hospital comes under attack from armed, masked men who detonate a bomb in the parking garage.

The heroes have rallied at the hospital. The Azure Ghost managed to get the Congrassman out of the building, but now Nicole and Solomon are on the top floor attempting to come up with a plan to safely evacuate the last twenty people.

Disney plus is how I procrastinate most of my college time it's been a beautiful experience.

Oh, okay! Cool cool cool, so everyone is at the hospital, bad shiz is happenin there and they are still trying to evacuate. Hmm, I'm still planning on making Snowfall's bro so I dont know if I wanna jump in until then. Im not sure if there's anyway I could weasel just yet, but thank you so much for the catch up on what's been happening :D

Well I mean, everyone has just been kind of showing up. Snowfall could probably be useful for the evacuation, fighting off the flames and creating a path for people to escape through. Up to you though!

I'm planning a scene where the president (a character I'm currently working on) addresses the terror attack live on national TV, and he is going to be calling all the heroes involved with the hospital bombing to be there with him so that he can thank them all on live TV. And then behind closed doors he's going to offer them all a secret mission that's been sanctioned by a secret branch of the US Government.

So whatever happens at the hospital, and the next scene with the president is very pivotal to the story.

• Spicy
@Seductress If the president is only addressing heroes involved in this current mission/terrorist attack, would it be in my best interesting to introduce Echo into this situation soon then? I'd like to RP interacting with the team as well, so that may not happen soon if he's not asked to join this secret mission, right? Or am I okay to hold off on introducing him until a different mission?

Well, the answer to that question is a bit complicated. This terrorist attack is supposed to bring all of the heroes who are going to form the team together. It's like a way for them to realize that there are some threats (like Surge and Sadist) that they can't deal with on their own. Plus, Night Watcher has been obsessed with the possibility of an attack on DC by the same people who attacked him on the bridge, so he is going to realize before the end of this mission that a team is what he needs.

Due to the fact that this is an always open group RP, with an unlimited number of player characters, there will be people entering and leaving the team at any possible time. So even if characters aren't introduced during this mission and addressed by the president, that's okay. The door doesn't close when the team is formed, it'll always stay open.

I picture Justice League Unlimited, where The Justice League wasn't just the main six or seven, but an entire league at the ready to handle a mission.

• Thank You
Well I mean, everyone has just been kind of showing up. Snowfall could probably be useful for the evacuation, fighting off the flames and creating a path for people to escape through. Up to you though!

I'm planning a scene where the president (a character I'm currently working on) addresses the terror attack live on national TV, and he is going to be calling all the heroes involved with the hospital bombing to be there with him so that he can thank them all on live TV. And then behind closed doors he's going to offer them all a secret mission that's been sanctioned by a secret branch of the US Government.

So whatever happens at the hospital, and the next scene with the president is very pivotal to the story.

Cool! That's actually a fantastic idea and I will try and write up a swift response after I finish up this comedy sketch with my pal. And taking into account with what Mobs said (sup there) I might actually wait to introduce the other character as well. That's actually some perfect scheduling. Thanks for the help dude!

• Love
Reactions: Seductress
Ooooh okay; I'm following now! In that case, I'll hold off for a bit on bringing in Echo and just focus on developing Iron Head at the moment. I'm rather enjoying her snarkiness and "I hate everything" attitude anyway, lmao!

And sup, KatSea, good to see you on the team! :)

I don't know if I've put emphasis on it enough or not yet, but I'm trying to show that The Night Watcher is obsessed with the paramilitary group who attacked him on the bridge, to the point where he's become a borderline conspiracy theorist with it.

Oh dear. I took note that he was deeply devoted to shutting down the paramilitary group, but I wasn't aware that the obsession ran that deeply. However, I think Iron Head would be more than aware of this... not care in the slightest. As long as tolerating him and the other heroes brings her closer to her goal, then she'll look the other way.

That's honestly why he reacted the way he did when he saw Clifford Chore. He realizes that this was the political attack he was banking on, and that it was the beginning of the end.

Ahhh I see! That makes a lot more sense! Whew boy--sure hope Azure and the others can calm him down before Chore's face gets caved in lol!

Cavehimin,cavehimin

So it's kinda funny, but I hadn't quite realized how Transfer's power is more well suited for interrogation and healing(as long as he can put the pain of one onto another or a few person) than for rapid damage.

Okay folks,

I think it's time to start developing our stat/dice system for going up against villains and/or regular battles with thugs and criminals. It was originally supposed to just be for player vs player battles, but then I realized that if we use the s/d system for street level encounters, that could add more layers to the combat and add extra stakes to the scenes. I it would be a great skeleton to help add better story telling to combat encounters. I want to add a leveling system with experience points, experience points that can also be used for purchases (keep reading for more information on purchases). This was never really supposed to be your basic, run of the mill roleplay, given it's all original content. That being said, I want whatever system we come up with to be user friendly, easy to understand, yet fun and helpful.

If we were to begin implementing a leveling and s/d system, then all heroes who have taken part in the terror attack on Inova Fairfax will reach level 1 once it's over, and there will be a specific amount of points to spend on your stats as a reward. These will become your base stats that you can level up as we progress and move through the story. I think that points will be awarded for the side missions as well, as an incentive to take part in them. Any heroes who take part in the second mission will be rewarded with their first level and the base points, and those who join the story afterwards will have their own introductory missions with the same rewards.

Player created villains should be a maximum of four levels ahead of the highest player level. So if our highest level hero is level ten, the villain cap is fourteen. That's just a basic idea, but I want the villains to be a challenge, yet still beatable. With that being said, I want it to be possible for a hero to be able to defeat a villain if it's a one on one fight, and not just as a team. So if anyone has any ideas on villain level systems, please feel free to chime in. Villains are still playable characters, so they can still level up. In this world, it's possible for the villains to win against the heroes. The only time that a hero can die is when the player loses interest in the character or the roleplay, any other time it'll be a knock out, or when the character runs out of life they will be pulled out by a hero who can roll high enough to extract the character.

After the president is introduced, we will be introduced to The Russians, also known as the Stanislavsky Brothers. Once upon a time they worked as lead weapon developers on the top secret island that was robbed by armed insurgence. After the paramilitary broke in, there was instantly a red flag alert put on the brothers, and they were extracted from the island. They were given an underground laboratory to keep up their experiments and developing weapons, which they will soon share with The Hoods & Capes when the president gives us a portion of the lab for our base of operations. They will offer us new suits (like batman), weaponry, vehicles, gadgets, and if we can work out a system for it, upgrades for powers. I'm not too sure about that last one, it sounds cool in my head I just don't know how we can do it fairly yet.

I have five concepts for combat rolls. Below I will quickly explain each of the ideas, so that we can discuss them and add or take away.

Power Attack
A power attack is more than just using your powers. For an example of a power attack, if Surge were to get into a fist fist with someone and directed his power into his fist while he attacked, that would be a power attack. An example of using your powers is when Nicole used her mind to catch the flying door to block the fire from engulfing her. Using powers in an encounter would be another roll and stat system. We can discuss more rules and classifications to better flesh out the difference between the two.

Power Defend
A power defend would be, obviously, using your powers to defend yourself or others against an attack. It's like creating a psychokinetic force field, or an ice shield or something like that. In a character like The Night Watcher's case, he would roll to use something like a car or something of the like to defend against the attack. A power defend would probably be best used against a power attack, especially when protecting a group of people. Using a regular defend against a power attack would most likely result in a failed roll.

Basic Attack
Your basic attack would be regular, no power hand to hand combat. Characters with a martial arts background or mastery would probably have higher stats, but it's possible to learn martial arts along the way to help with upgrades for your basic attack. I have weak and strong attacks listed, which is probably self explanatory, mainly because I'm lazy right now and don't want to elaborate too much into it.
-Weak Attack
-Strong Attack

Defend
Its defending without powers. Again, getting lazy.

Block
At the peak of my laziness, I must say; It's a block. You block. It's like defending, but you're blocking.