Hoods & Capes Signups/OOC

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Welcome to the team, Ragamoofin!

There is no specific character sheet that's expected, but the information I used in my two characters in the first post of this thread contains the information I would prefer you include.

So, to sum this up, before the plot started, the character Conner was attacked by a large robot-type suit that was said to be stolen from a top secret military research+development base. Conner had fought it off, but didn't defeat it, and decided that he needed to keep a watch over the city now that he was aware of it. That was ten years ago, using in-game time frames. Through the years, the rise in meta-human activity has increased, for both the good, and for the bad.

Fast forward eight years, and Conner, now known as The Night Watcher, meets Nicole Santiago, a vengeful woman who just wanted to investigate her brother's disappearance, using her telepathic abilities to her advantage. This has been the first recorded super team up known to the general public since 1989, but Vice President Pearson wants everyone to forget about that. We jump ahead two years to our current in game day, or, rather, the night before our current in-game day, because we are just starting the next day soon.

We are greeted with the knowledge that Nicole, out of her costume and undercover, goes to the hospital to check on a certain someone. That someone is United States Congressman Clifford Chore, who was sent to the hospital after an attempted drive by left him mortally wounded. The Night Watched had been anticipating an attack, becoming so obsessed over it that he spews information like a conspiracy theorist. He said that the first sign will be a political attack, which is exactly what he believes this is. Nicole goes to visit him, but notices a strong lack of police and security presence. She's carrying a gun with her, specifically so she can give it to Chore and leave without a guilty conscience.

Iron Head and Transfer find themselves outside of a North Star Labs funded and backed Pharmacy, where The Night Watcher is taking on the (recently established to be part of Iron Head's collection of villains) brotherly villain duo Surge and Sadist. The Night Watcher gets thrown around a little bit like a pinball, but the trio rallies together and uses teamwork to get through the seemingly impossible challenge of beating them. The Night Watcher realizes that this was all just a distraction, as the bag they were trying to steal which was once thought to have expensive medicinal products had nothing but run-of-the-mill rocks inside, and make their way to the now on fire hospital.

A group of masked men with very powerful, military grade weapons attacks Chore, but Nicole fights the first wave off and helps Chore escape to the other end of the hall. Reinforcements show up, and they detonate a high level of explosives in the parking garage, shaking the foundation and bringing the building to a dangerous condition. The trio shows up (along with some currently inactive characters), and then Ms.Blair decides to join the party. The Night Watcher and Blair run into the burning building while Iron Head and Transfer fight off the last of the bad guys, and a little bit of hilarity ensues. At the end of the day, all of our heroes make it out alive with the survivors.

President Taffer and Vice President Pearson have taken interest in the heroes after this display of heroism. They decided that they will be throwing a public conference, and every hero who showed up to save the hospital is invited. The president, behind closed doors, will be offering to hire the heroes into his employment as the first superhero team in Washington DC. They will be Privately funded by Taffer, and they will be allowed to recruit as they see fit. Being the "OG", The Night Watcher will be assuming control.

That's the main thread, though. There are a few side threads where a lot is going on that will be important to the main plot that's currently unfolding, but everyone will find out when it's time for those plots to be integrated into this one. Both side plots take place a week in the future, while the only other side plot takes place a day or two after.

Omg, thank you so much for the re-cap! I've been enjoying reading the RP, and I'm certainly gonna finish it, but thanks so much!!!

Trying to think of ways to integrate Anselle into the mix, and the idea to start recruiting definitely gets me thinking!

• Love
Reactions: Seductress
The Night Watcher has severe head trauma, which has turned him into the silly, goofy, happy-go-lucky person he is (the other, more repressed side of him will be revealed through plot) so he's likely to try and recruit almost every hero he meets. Unless it's David. Because fuck David.

Hmm...got the ol' noggin working now. :O Anselle's trying to dip his toe into the whole hero thing a little more, and in the wake of the heroes at the hospital, I'd imagine it'd inspire him to get out on the streets! He's not exactly the sneakiest, so honestly it wouldn't be hard to find him. :P

With a sigh of relief, Nicole allowed herself to slide under the water. The water covered her face, washing her make up off.

There was only one problem. She couldn't come back to the surface.

As she tried to push herself out from under the water, she felt a gloved hand press against her chest, holding her down. The light flickered off, leaving only the candles to light the bathroom. The mirror was the only thing that could see the perpetrator; it revealed Anarchy, fully clothed in costume, holding her secret identity under the water.

Me:

"Oh my god she fuckin' dead."

I. AM. WHEEZING! X'DDD

Reactions: Ragamoofin
There's some fairly dark surprises throughout the roleplay, not gonna lie.

Annnnd...finally caught up!!! Gotta say, excellent job everyone!! A little sucky to see how many people have gone inactive, especially when everyone was doing so good!!! Here's hoping they might come back, because everyone has tons of potential!

Thinking of a way to get Anselle to that diner, though :>

I'm really proud of everyone who stuck with the roleplay! Everyone has been a joy to write with, honestly.

The diner is open late nights, so maybe she could be there getting some day old pie, or just out for a late night bite. Not being able to sleep, or something. The best part of a diner scene is that anyone can be at a diner scene, getting her involved and interacting with the group naturally is another story though. Maybe I can set up some trouble makers, or do a quick attempted robbery scene.

Hm, good point! I'll try my best to make the intergration as seamless as possible! A lot of different writers to play off of, but I'll give it my best shot!

First post is up!!! Anselle's...having a bit of a rough night.

tenor.gif

• Sympathy & Compassion
Reactions: Mobley Eats
Solsona
tumblr_nw6ewmVK1k1rbrc0qo1_1280.png

Firefly
Multiplayer | Singleplayer
26 Male | 6'1
Empath | Gold Soul

"Stay gold Ponyboy."

"The Cat from Down the Streets is here to tell you a bit about our boy Firefly. First thing; he don't talk much. What comes out of the mouth is more likely to defile than what goes in, that's what he knows. And he don't need to talk anyway-- his eyes and heart speak. The boy radiates, know what I'm sayin'? light as a feather, a dream on ocean wings. He feels you, you feel him, no need for words to confuse things; communication between the marrows. Don't even try an' lie.

What can he do? Man, what can't that kid do. He doesn't watch-- he sees. Everything. He watches boxin' and the boy start bobbin' and weavin', gettin' creative with his moves like Canelo or huntin' down shots like triple G. You see not only does his heart feel, but his body does too. Copies the signature of what your body is doin'. The nerves are fluid, highly receptive, always listenin'. But only for a little bit, because the body forgets, makes room for the next thing. He calls that little ability Beginner's Luck. Maybe with time and practice his body could keep the feelin', put that power on speed-dial or somethin'.

But what Firefly does best is shine baby! Can I get a 'hello' for god's sake?! When ma' boy is really feelin' it, he lights up the whole room. Shines from within. Burns bright and burns hot. Blazin' like a star-- although prolly not really. Lets him fly, lets him sear a steak with his bare hands, shields him like mother's love too. He goes for the punches when he burns, blinding' fast, using his intuition to read you like a defense manual-- groin shots, eye rakes, dirty 'bows and knees-- like the whole nine. But his punches make you feel the hidden truths of your heart, and only the blackest of the bent can resist. Solsona's got a personal rule to never hurt a soul, and that's why the hurt is healin'. Sometimes sandpaper's good for things, know what I'm sayin?

Still. It's hard for a sensitive kid like him. That's why he likes to keep it real. Like's guitar and trading cards. Like's playin' at the park. Cook's some real mean food all with his own hands. He started out with some beginner's luck but that was just the Good Man's way of givin' him a head start. He started by watchin' his mom.

But that all fell apart. She had a mind more splintered than shattered glass and he was a raw nerve in a sick world. It couldn't last forever. The last time they spoke, she was pointin' a knife at em' not sure if he was the son she'd given birth to or the devil wearin' sheepskin. He wound up on the street for a long time. It almost killed him a couple times. But he made it to my doorstep and I mended him up, poured gold into those cracks of his, showed him how to read the Book of Storms, how to Awaken the Sleeper inside. It wasn't easy. But Solsona got a Gold Soul and he lights up like a Firefly.

And he's comin' for ya. Watch out."

Love the look of this guy and his story is even better!!! Cant wait to see him in action!!!

Anselle but told through Spongebob:

original.jpg

4874827-1652289316-tumbl.jpg

F5e3X24fbtiZHqnrOr48GNaINAGSyp6oloMo3tlWQGc.jpg

Lovin these new characters. As I sit in the gym parking lot at 5 AM avoiding the inevitable..

• Haha
Reactions: Cwispy
@Elle Joyner I think our characters could have some fun interactions :D

Sabine. I'd be down for a 1x1 between them, since they're both Empaths. Solsona could help her abilities grow. But I need to read what the heckin is going on xD

Sabine. I'd be down for a 1x1 between them, since they're both Empaths. Solsona could help her abilities grow. But I need to read what the heckin is going on xD

The OP wrote up a recap at the top of this page if you want a crash course to whats going on!!

@Chile - I haven't intro'd Sabine yet but we could definitely do a prior-to-the-main-event 1x1