Hitkids

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leonardo took a slice of Anchovies Pizza, as he folded it in half. He directed the flow of grease from the pizza to slide directly into his mouth. After doing that Leonardo smirked "Ah, now that is some good grease..." he then proceeded to take a chunk out of the pizza slice. Then after finishing that bite, he proceeded to take another.

Well...it wasn't exactly his particular brand of entertainment, but hey, he wasn't about to complain about food, especially not New York style pizza. Quinn walked over with Cecelia resting on his shoulder and looked at the boxes, his nose wrinkling at the smell of anchovies coming from one of the boxes...christ alive he could smell the nasty things from here. Instead, he went for the supreme and grabbed a slice. Nice, cheesy, and greasy, just the way a new york slice was supposed to be; he folded the slice proper and bit in, feeling the warm rush of flavor fill his mouth as he slowly chewed. It was an old habit, the meticulous way he ate; growing up on the street made you realize the finite nature of things, how quickly they could be taken from you, so you learned to really enjoy the things you had down to the smallest detail, that way at least you could have the good memories when you were starving in a box somewhere. He finally gulped down his first bite and looked around the table, raising an eyebrow as he scanned around, "Ey Leo, you remember to get the soda man? The hell is pizza without some pop to wash it down with?"

Leonardo shrugged at Quinn. "Well, I overheard in the back that they were low on Cricket Cola." He took another bite out of the pizza slice grease sliding down his face, "Besides, having cola with a Vito's pizza doesn't enhance the experience. Least that's my thought on the matter." Leonardo licked the lower edges of his lips. "Vito's pizza is an experience. It is something to savor, and cherish, and remember each individual flavor embracing your tongue in a delicate dance of delicious delights." Leonardo continued to rave on about Vito's pizza. "Such an experience does not require another actor, no." Leonardo shook his head, "Vito's pizza is a solo actor. Plus I didn't have my coupon on me." Leonardo said as he took another bite of the pizza.

Last edited by a moderator:
Riley, upon the booming announcement from Leonardo about pizza, rolled off the couch and onto her feet, skipping over towards the delectable pizza buffet and planting herself behind Quinn Vito's was disgusting and dirty -- she went there once and refused to return again -- and Ry was positive their ovens were infested with flies, but in the end, food was food and New York was known for it's heavy-set civilians. She reached around her male comrade and grabbed a slice of the Supreme Pizza, rolling it up so she could take even bites out of it. It looked like she was eating a taquito, except the large globs of grease and tomato sauce dripping off sort of eliminated that idea immediately. As she chewed her mouth savored the grease and rubber cheese, small hums of approval vibrating her vocal chords once she swallowed.

It wasn't gourmet, but it sure did fill her tummy in the end.

"You don't need to tell me nothin' about savorin' or cherishin' food pal. 'Sides, the grease clogs you all up if you don't wash it down, the salt adds up fast." he said matter of factly as he headed back over to the fridge. He'd argue the merits of soda after pizza any day of the week, but since they had none he would just have to settle for something else...now the question was what the hell did they have? He sighed as he took another bite and opened the fridge, squatting down to browse through as he chewed slowly and looked at his options. Orange Juice...no, too late at night and no booze to make it chase. Milk...no that would just clog his throat up more and no one needed to see him hocking loogies everywhere. Purple stuff...what the hell was this the ghetto? Sunny D...no, the joke was too obvious.

Eventually he found a small jar in the back that made his eyes light up...he knew he'd made six of these, musta gotten lost in the back of the fridge! He grabbed the mason jar and pulled it out, the amber liquid inside shimmering as it caught the ceiling lights above. This, was his only personally little treat he made on occasion when he had the stuff for it...a simple thing really. He just took a bit of cloth and wrapped some tea leaves, 1/4th a stick of cinnamon, a cube of sugar, and a tablespoon of honey inside of it before tying it up with a piece of string. Then he let it steep inside a jar of water for a while and boom! One delicious cold drink for him to enjoy without getting yelled at for it being alcoholic...though he could definitely add booze to it if he wanted. With a grin, he opened the jar and pulled the cloth out, tossing it into a nearby garbage bin before taking a sip...damn this thing must have been sitting for a while, it was strong as hell and two times as delicious...he'd have to remember to store these for longer next time. With a grin, he gestured to Leonardo with the jar as he took a third bite of his pizza, "Crisis averted, found a jar of my ambrosia! You sure you wanna take that pizza solo? I'll share if you ask real nice~"

It wasn't long after her first slice that Akari began to sway on her feet, giving a small hiccup. "Leo?" she tugged the older boy's sleeve. "My tummy hurts..."
She moaned, clutching her belly in both arms as her face winced in pain. She gave another hiccup as a few tears began to well up. Her jaw began to tremble as her stomach gave a loud gurgling noise. "It really hurts. I think I'm gonna be sick...." she began to cry.

Leonardo peered inquisitively at Quinn as he held out his concoction"Hm..." he gestured with his hand that was still holding the pizza slice, "Nah, it's all yours, you made it after all." Leonardo nodded as he took another bite of the pizza. "Yeah, I'm good for the momen-" he glanced at Akari, who he just realized was tugging at his sleeve. He finished the rest of his pizza, as he stared at her. "That... doesn't sound good, at all. Hold on, I'll go see if I can find a bucket or something, just stay calm alright?" Leonardo began rummaging for a bucket or a container of sorts, "Come on..." he muttered, "There's gotta be one here." as he continued searching relentlessly for a bucket.

"Hey man, you're los...woah what the hell?" He saw Akari grab Leonardo's shirt and grab her stomach, looking like she was about to cry as her face contorted in pain. Quinn was at the young girl's side faster than most could blink as he put a hand on her back...shit she really looked green around the gills, what the fuck was in the pizza that had her body going like this? "Alright there 'Kari, just take some breaths, a'right? If y'need to blow chunks jus' go ahead, we'll clean it up for ya." he said, his voice far kinder than anyone here might be used to as he helped to guide the younger girl to her knees to take the strain off her legs. He'd be the first to admit he had a soft spot for her and seeing her in this much pain put a fire in his gut the likes only a few people ever saw, none of whom were alive anymore; he had to temper his anger for the moment, keeping his voice calm and low for Akari's sake if nothing else. "You're gonna be okay, a'right? Me, Leo, an' Zane ain't gonna let this keep ya down, understand?"

Leonardo managed to find a old, rusted and extremely dented bucket. He kept it in his hands as he walked up to Akari, as he spoke "It'll be alright, let's just get you to bed, and keep things calm, okay?" Leonardo glanced towards Quinn, "Quinn, look to see if you find anything else of use, I'll take Akari to bed, and I am sure Akari would be happy if you were to find anything that can help with her aching tummy." Leonardo offered his free hand to Akari.

"Come on, let's get you to bed. Rest should help... I'll make sure the bucket stays close to you, and if you do hurl chunks, I'll be sure to take care of it. Don't worry."

"Gotcha. I'll get some cold towels." Quinn said as he dashed off to find rags to use. At this point he was pretty much useless...he didn't have any medical training besides binding wounds and food poisoning was definitely beyond him, he was going to have to let Leonardo handle the majority of this. Those guys at Vito's though...they'd all better watch their asses, now that he was being left alone to stew on this, he was finding the prospect of burning the place to the ground more and more appealing.

"Okay..." Akari stuttered, climbing into her cot. She wrapped the blanket around her shoulders, curled into the fetal position, and began to shiver, tears beginning to roll down her cheeks. Though she didn't speak, she did let out a constant whimper, punctuated by small hiccups.

Leonardo places the bucket in that sweet spot of being close enough, but not too close that if vomit were to fill it, well, that if it were to spill it wouldn't hit the blankets. Leonardo sat in a crouching position near Akari, as she curled herself into the fetal position. "Well, I'm not sure when Quinn will get something else that should help. Is there anything you need?" Leonardo rubbed his index finger and thumb down his chin, "Perhaps Leo can tell you a story? Would you like to hear a story?" Leonardo scratched at his left cheek, "Or something, just name it."

"A story sounds fun" Akari stammered, looking up at Leo. She still shivered, and started to look rather pale, her complexion growing sickly.

Leonardo clapped his hands, as he smiled, and spoke with an air of enthusiasm. "I shall tell you a story of trials, and triumphs, and many interesting things. Yes, this tale shall shake the core of stories forevermore!" Leonardo cleared his throat as he began again.

"ONCE upon a time there was little girl, pretty and dainty. But in summer time she was obliged to go barefooted because she was poor, and in winter she had to wear large wooden shoes, so that her little instep grew quite red.

In the middle of the village lived an old shoemaker's wife; she sat down and made, as well as she could, a pair of little shoes out of some old pieces of red cloth. They were clumsy, but she meant well, for they were intended for the little girl, whose name was Karen.

Karen received the shoes and wore them for the first time on the day of her mother's funeral. They were certainly not suitable for mourning; but she had no others, and so she put her bare feet into them and walked behind the humble coffin..." Leonardo paused for a moment, realizing he had told a large chunk of the story already, without asking Akari if she was enjoying the story so far. "Well, I can continue with this, or I can move onto another story..."

Leonardo snapped his fingers, "Oh! How about this one?" Leonardo cleared his throat as he began to tell a new tale in a bombastic fashion. "Once upon a time..." he threw his right hand towards the side, "there was a little girl. She was in the woods, and extremely hungry. So she went to the bushes, and ate a berry." Leonardo threw his other hand to the side, as he raised hands upwards. "Little did she know the berry was poisoned, so she died in an incredibly painful fashion. Like she was foaming at the mouth and clawing at her face when this was happening. Anyway, she died and no one found the body. THE END" Leonardo returned his hands to his sides, as he glanced at Akari, "What about that story? Did you like that one?" Leonardo scratched his left cheek, keeping an eye on Akari to see if her condition was getting worse.

Akari, in mild delirium, considered the story she just heard. After a full moment, the tears intensified, and she began sobbing loudly.

Leonardo drew his head back as he shook his left and right hands side to side, "Calm down, calm down. It is just a fairy tale. I apologize for telling the wrong one! It was entirely my bad, and I fully apologize for it, please, just calm down, everything will get better. And..." Leonardo rubbed his chin with his index finger and thumb, "I suppose... I can take you to the Cheesecake Factory after you get better. That I promise on." He extended his left pinky finger towards Akari. "Plus, I'll personally talk to Papa Vito about this. But the most important thing is that you rest and recover, so you can get to go to the Cheesecake Factory."

Well, I suppose I can find a way to make that happen. Leonardo moved his right hand to gently pat Akari, for two reasons. One of the reasons was to try a comforting gesture to see if it would help calm Akari down, and the other reason was to check Akari's temperature and to see if it was abnormally cold or hot.

"O-okay." Akari stuttered. As hard as she was crying, she couldn't help but calm down at the thought of her favorite sweets. She weakly gripped his pinky finger in her own and shut her eyes. They felt tired and sandy.
As Leonardo placed his hand against her burning skin, she reached up with her free hand to undo her hair buns, then quickly drifted off to sleep.

Standing in the kitchen, Luna smiled at the new pizza, taking a slice and putting her gum in an old wrapper to save for later. "Thanks, I was getting worried. Did you bring any sugar alcohol?" Luna asked, seeing no brown paper bags like the ones that Zane's alcohol came in. She blew on the slice at first, her mouth struggling to handle a food that didn't taste sweet, her tongue rejecting it at first. But her stomach growled and moan, wanting something, anything, besides candy. She manged to pushing the food passed her taste buds and into her stomach, putting on as best a smile she could, appreciating the effort put into the delivery. "Thanks guys, pretty good heh heh."

She managed to keep her mouth shut longer than she thought she could trying to put the pizza in her mouth. For once she was more focused on eating.

While the other children had food on their mind, Tyler was thinking of something completely different- soap. Not many nights ago, Tyler was faced with a severe case of insomnia. Unable to sleep, he turned to making soap to pass the time as well as make a bit of money on the side. The boy walked over to his bag, taking out the soap on the top layer, to reveal at the bottom, thick plastic bags of a buttery yellow substance, biohazard warnings printed over the label. It was fat- human fat.

He took the bags of fat and put them over molds, using a cocktail of various chemicals. Tyler stirred the mixture for a good long while, then let it sit before it cooled and solidifide. "This should make me a quick buck" he says, snickering.

Status
Not open for further replies.