Hitkids

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quinn had only been half listening at this point, having fully commandeered the kitchen counter as he laid flat on his back and stared up at the warehouse roof, his legs fidgeting restlessly. He had a lot of energy in him from the night's activities and being cooped up here wasn't doing him any favors. He could go for a walk but the sound of the rain increasing outside quickly shut that idea down...though he was glad in retrospect that he'd chosen to stay here rather than go with the rest. He knew that Marty was probably going to get nothing more than a few harsh words from Zane...well, that was if the car hadn't been broken into and everything in it stolen; if that was the case, he wondered if Marty would even be coming back. Zane was a cool guy, that much was for sure, but he took absolutely zero shit when it came to the protection of himself and everyone here. Quinn remembered the old days, his first days after having been brought here. He'd been a lot more combative back then, shouting and causing a ruckus wherever he went...but the minute he'd turned his bat on Zane...well, lets just say he'd had his manners properly beaten into him, as well as a healthy respect for the older man. He'd never seen a man move or bend like that, but for every swing he made and no matter how well placed it seemed to him, Zane just simply wasn't there when he followed through.

He moved his jaw a bit, remembering how the vibration felt when Zane's fist connected with it. The pain, the humiliation, the utter feeling of helplessness as he was picked apart piece by piece...but no matter how much he'd been beaten, not once had Zane been condescending about it. When it was over, he'd offered his hand to Quinn as though they'd done nothing more than spar and offered to help him work on his fighting technique...it was safe to say he respected the guy, no matter how much he ribbed him about stuff, he'd listen to Zane where he'd otherwise give someone else a giant view of his middle finger.

Something about the conversation being held off to the side shook Quinn from his memories as he turned his head slight, grinning as the two women went back and forth discussing the wonders and applications of sugar-alcohol. "I think the booze yer lookin' for is Rum. 'S made outta sugar cane. Still burns like a bitch goin' down though, you kiddies might need a chaser 'fore you start messin' with that stuff." he said with a wide grin from where he was laying down.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Stars?" Akari asked, looking to the sky. Sure enough, the New York lights had prevented the naked eye from viewing even a single star, let alone a constellation. She almost thought she saw one, but it was a helicopter.
"Oh." she frowned.

After being woken up for something as trivial as pizza, he expected to go right back to sleep, but it was impossible. He had the jitters. He needed to fight, or find something to waste his energy on. Miles still hadn't dropped his curiosity regarding alcohol. But listening to her and Luna, his want for it was reinvigorated. Though he realized that Riles' probably wouldn't condone his use of it . . . Quinn probably would. With a grin Miles strode over to the kitchen counter, victory close at hand. "Give me all the rum, or die in the name of my quest." God, why am I such an amazing diplomat?

Luna jumped a bit hearing the voice from the kitchen, scooting from on the floor to face that direction, "Does it taste sweet? I have never had a sugar cane before!" She asked with a smile at Quinn, "Well, maybe that isn't true, I have had candy canes. Are they the same thing? Is there alcohol that tastes like candy canes?" Hearing Miles request, Luna shot up from the floor and half skipped her way to the kitchen. "If we are getting alcohol can I have some too? If there is sugar in it I must try it, I bet it is yummy, like the sour heads. They make your lips pucker and your eyes water but after that they're so sweet and yummy." Luna hummed a bit, savoring a taste in her mouth, quickly pulling out an old gum wrapper and spitting out her chewed gum.

"I wonder if Zane likes candy too, he drinks the stuff all the time, maybe only liquid candy or something... you don't think he has a chew problem do you?" Luna had spent much time trying to figure out everyone's favorite candy, so on the holidays that most seemed to ignore or dread, she could at the very least try and give out some candy. "What is his favorite alcohol anyway? Or rather all of yours, haha just wondering."

"Well for a moment I thought I saw them.." He glanced forward seeing the New York lights. "Well at least we are closer to Vito's." Leonardo heard his stomach growl.

"It'll be good to have that pizza" he said continuing forward to Vito's.

Riley moved her position to the couch where it was easier to hear the voices from the kitchen. When she mentioned sugar-alcohol she meant the chemical compounds, plus more, which were all stacked in her section towards the back of the warehouse. It wasn't brewing, but they were there in either a form of powder or liquid. She always kept her destructive compounds separate though; everyone thought she chose the back section because she was antisocial or too good to be beside another, but really, she didn't want to risk blowing up her comrades. Rather her than them.

"A chaser? Bat-boy, I ain't no lightweight. I've drunk my share of some good stuff and still wanted more," she smiled at Luna's new found curiosity. Ry didn't have the heart to bust her bubble about what she meant so she started feeding it. "There is alcohol that does taste like candy-cane. There is also cherry flavored drinks you can make or buy pre-made." The young woman then shook her head, ready to stomp on all there dreams in a second. There was no drinking unless Zane was here to hand it out and condone it. "No alcohol for anyone tonight though." She eyed Quinn, the little munchkin, taking her index and middle finger and giving him the 'I'm watching you' gesture.

"Yeah yeah...I ain't in a boozin' mood anyways." Quinn shot back, feeling his restlessness creeping up his feet into his legs. His fidgeting got so bad he had to abandon his spot on the counter and rolled off, landing on his feet with a soft tap of his shoes on the concrete floor. He paced across the room and walked past the couch; he'd probably have just sat down for some TV if someone hadn't disassembled it for parts earlier on in the month. No one had confessed to it and thanks to that, Zane refused to buy another one for at least a few months in punishment...all those games he was going to miss just made him sad to think about. Sure he could use his laptop to look them up, but it just wasn't the same as watching on a TV, there was a sanctity to it that a computer just couldn't provide. "You know, this place is great 'n all, but there ain't much t'do out in the middle of the sticks." he grumbled as he walked over to where Cecelia lay and with a movement of his foot, kicked her up into the air so he could catch the bat in hand, "It'd be nice if somethin' happened around here once in a while, y'know?"

Luna hummed to herself, chewing on her gum, looking to Quinn seeing his fidgety behavior, "Hmm, we could play hide and seek, I like that game. Or maybe tag? Or build a fort! Or use our imagination," she held her backpack on her back, jumping up an down causing the contents to jiggle and rattle inside, "haha which ever is more fun. Unless we have something more fun to do." She added, blowing a bubble large and wide, smelling the cherries in hr face, trying to hold it as best she could without letting it pop. The rest of her words were mumbled and muffled as she blew into her bubble, balancing on her toes hopping about the kitchen.

"Leo" Akari asked as they went through the pizzaria door, "What happens if they don't get to the car before it rains? Won't the windows melt? If that happened, bad guys could just reach right in and take our stuff!"

Akari scratched her head before remembering, "We should take some of the napkinds while we're here. The others are messy eaters."

Leonardo nods, "Yeah, it'll melt, and hopefully they won't try it." Leonardo heads over to the counter of Vito's. Leonardo waved to the current man at the counter. The current man at the station was a tall lanky figure, he snorted, as large globules of snot rushed back up his nose. His face was covered in acne, as he had a thin mustache, and some splotches of hair on his chin and cheeks in an uneven pattern. "Leo!" Leonardo waved at the man, "Armando! How've ya been?" Armando coughed onto the counter, as large chunks of split landed on the counters, which looked perpetually covered in a grease-like substance. Armando's spit had large chunks of food in it, which were probably shot out from his teeth. Armando let out a grin, showing his missing teeth on the right side of his face. "Say, whatcha want this day? Usual?"

Vito's Pizzeria, what a stunning place. The door was fairly hard to open, you most likely had to jiggle it at least once in order for it to swing open. The door and the windows were covered by black bars, there was an OPEN sign plastered on the door, which look like it has seen better days, as it was rotting apart, with a few insects crawling up and down the sign. The floors were usually sticky, and the tiles were the color of a molding, decaying tree stump. On the front Window the health grade was displayed, Vito's had a C- health average at the moment. The napkin dispensers were covered in some sort of brown substance, and the napkins within it were not pure white, no the napkins themselves were partially yellow. From the counter a cockroach was crawling smoothly as Armando looked down, as he stared straight at Leo, as he took the pen and stabbed the cockroach with it. The cockroach twitched about and moved around on the counter for a few seconds, before it finally died. Armando took the cockroach between his hands it flicked it towards the back. The tables, if you weren't taking out were all wobbly, and the chairs were covered in duck-tape in order to secure the stability of the table.

Leonardo glanced at Akari, "You wanted a sausage pizza right?" as he retrieved the dollar bills he had gathered earlier for buying the pizza.

"Sausage pizza!" Akari replied, raising her fists. Her face became serious with determination, now that the pizza was close. Personally, she thought the restaurant looked kinda gross, but the pizza would surely be clean.

Armando snorted, as he let out a hacking cough, and spat out a glob of spit onto the counter. Armando grabbed a rag which had a green slimy coating as he rubbed the spit from the counter, as the counter now had a trace of a light green slimy substance. "One Sausage Pizza... Yo Leo! Anything else?" Leonardo stared at Armando and nodded, "Yeah, a Supreme and an one with anchovies." Armando wrote it down on the sheet, "Alrighty... shouldn't be too long, also fancy spender tonight Leo?" Leonardo searched frantically through his pants pockets, as he pulled out a folded piece of paper as he handed it to Armando. Armando smirked, "Of course you'd have a coupon Leo. Which one is this now?" Armando moved his face extremely close to the coupon as he was staring at it with an intense curiosity. "Aha... Half off a pie for one of an equal or lesser standing..." Armando typed out the costs on a crank operated cash register. This piece of antiquity has seen many years of use, as it had large chunks of it missing, showing the bare frame. The machine dinged, as it showed the price of the three pizzas. "That'll be $18.27." Leonardo quickly drew out the sweet Jackson that Tyler gave him earlier to procure the pizzas with, as he slid it over to Armando.

Armando tossed the bill into the register as he slid Leonardo seventy three cents, in three pennies and seven dimes, which Leonardo promptly placed in his pockets. "Hey sit anywhere you want, it'll be just a moment before the pizzas are out." Armando went in the back as he placed the order sheet towards the cook window.

"Just sit on the back. Behind Ally, mind you. And you get to be our porter, Marty. No tip." Marty. Too trusting. Old enough, but too trusting. Zane revved the engine and took off down the road. Slower than usual. In fact, he noticed the creak of the bike under the great weight of the equipment and three people. But she'd hold. His bike had gone through Hell and what was below it. It would make it through a few extra pounds. Within minutes they were back under the bright lights of the big city. Oh, the Big Apple. Why did they call it that again? Why anything? Why let anything exist at all to be so confusing? Let it all burn. Burn, burn, burn. He started humming to the tune of a Papa Roach song with a hook of the same word. "Hmm. Marty, where'd you say you parked?"

After some long period of time, three boxes are moved from the cook's window into the hands of Armando. If one were to look closely at the boxes, there would be some drippings come from it. Drip. Drip. Armando handed over the three boxes to Leonardo as he waved to him. "Alright man have a good one!"

Leonardo gave a nod to Armando, "Thanks." Leonardo looked at the pizza boxes, ah that yellowish grey box with a VITO'S written on it in a dark red. Leonardo felt the oozing from the pizza fall upon his hands, coating them. Leonardo glanced at Armando, "Hey do you mind if I could borrow the pizza satchel to carry this stuff back?" Armando laughed, as he coughed up more globules of spit and mucus. "Oh, you should see a Doctor Armando... Just saying." Armando shrugged, "On my salary? Eh, it's fine... it's not like I'm coughing blood, and yeah... let me get it for ya. Just bring it back okay? Well... I suppose I can give you Hendrix, the poor boy's seen his last days." Armando said with a glum tone in his voice.

Leonardo nodded at Armando, "Of course. I'll make sure to treat Hendrix as you would, like family." Armando quickly went to the back, shouting something, as he returned with a satchel which had seen better days. Hendrix, was a patchwork collection of various fabrics, which was used by Vito's on many a delivery. It looked like it could hold at least five pizzas, but the wear of the fabric and the looseness of the stitching didn't lend itself to the satchel staying alive with five pizzas in it. Armando handed over the satchel to Leonardo, who nodded, as he returned seven of the cents he had gotten in exchange for it.

"It just doesn't feel right taking the satchel for fre-" Armando slid the coins back, "Leonardo, SERIOUSLY, just take it. We don't have much use for it anymore, it's just a waste of space at this point.." Leonardo placed the three pizza boxes within the pizza satchel, as he slid it over his shoulder gingerly, trying not to damage the satchel any further.

Leonardo smiled at Akari, "Alright! Let's get back before the Pizza gets cold... I'm hungry, and I am sure you are as well."

"Pizza time!" Akari cheered, grabbing Leonardo's hand so she could tug him towards the door. "I'm gonna eat it crust and all!"

And so, Leonardo was tugged by Akari to the door, as he gave a quick wave to Armando, before exiting. He then grabbed Akari's hand and began to head back towards home.

"Yeah, Vito's crust is really tasty, I'm sure you'll enjoy it."

"I hope it's the garlic kind!" Akari smiled.

Oddly, having a rough idea of where they were made the walk feel shorter to Akari. It felt like almost no time at all before their warehouse home was in sight once again, its boarded up windows hiding the lights inside.

Upon reaching the warehouse, Leonardo took a quick glance to both the right and left side, then behind. He then opened the warehouse door, as he cleared his throat, as he called out. "VITO'S PIZZA HAS BEEN RECOVERED. IF YOU WANT GRUB, I SUGGEST YOU COME!" Leonardo swung off the pizza satchel as he took out the pizza boxes, and placed them down, the bottoms of the pizza boxes were saturated with grease, maybe even super-saturated, as it looked like the bottom of the boxes could break at any minute.

Leonardo sorted the three boxes, one Supreme Pizza, one Sausage Pizza, and one with Anchovies. He moved his left index finger around the boxes, as it looked like he was doing formulas in his head. "Alright then... Akari want one of the first slices?"

Marty walks into the warehouse with a large chain, connected to the chain its the car.
"You happy now, I just walked 40 bummer miles, not groovy man, not groovy." Marty was in a bad mood, he was not a fan of walking, especially when he had to drag a car around.

"Yeah!" Akari cheered, and grabbed a slice of sausage pizza. It was surprisingly greasy, almost dripping, but the cheese was pleasantly stretchy, accented by the telltale snap of tiny sausage bits.

Akari let out a soft moan as she chewed. Nothing bad ever came of pizza.

Status
Not open for further replies.