Hisakawa Koukou - The Anime High School

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also an idea. How would it be choreographed though? Just kinda pretend that was always the room arrangement and Megumi was put in a different room?
It'll be a surprise! Ayaka will walk in thinking she was rooming with Megumi... but it was all a ruse. A dastardly, clever ruse. All that will await Ayaka is a setup similar to the Mastermind gameshow, with Tsubaki sitting across from her, ready to extract all of her gossipy secrets by force... a dastardly fate.

but... I already moved Ayaka to the room XD

but... I already moved Ayaka to the room XD

Sure. That'll work I think.

What might work better is if Ayaka went to the wrong room. Saves having to move Megumi out and lets me get in a chuunibyou remark about how space deities never make mistakes.

What might work better is if Ayaka went to the wrong room. Saves having to move Megumi out and lets me get in a chuunibyou remark about how space deities never make mistakes.
Either, either ^^ I'm not fussy. Tsubaki is in the dorms now so interact with her as you please.

There. That should work.

That should do it! ^^ I'll moe maid (nyan moe) a chance to respond then make another post.

Considering no one knows exactly what Dreamer planned, I reckon everyone will end up changing something.

Reactions: VengefulPeanut
Hey-hey. I'm not even nearly as active as you folks are in the RP.

I would probably end up changing things about the RP if I became GM. It's probably best if it was somone else...
*Intensifies the stare at Ehb*

• Love
Reactions: Navi
*Also stares at Ehb.* Why did we pick out Ehb for the staring contest?

Considering no one knows exactly what Dreamer planned, I reckon everyone will end up changing something.
*Intensifies the stare at Ehb*
Ehb's guide to RP changes

- Put everyone in one class so that homeroom is actually homeroom, or dump the parts about classes and focus on afterschool clubs / dorm things
- Start running a mainline plot that anyone can latch on to, but still allow for people to do their own thing.
- Won't be able to run all Dreamer's characters. (though I wanted to adopt Megumi but it already sounds like she's getting written out in the IC thread)
- Use the main plot to give other PC's spotlight. (Would Optionally Require people to come up with a story outline for that).
- The RP basically starts to turn into a Collaborative Light Novel in the Vein of Yahari Ore No Seishun no Love Comedy Machigatteiru.

Basically if I became GM I'd be making changes to try to narrow the field to make character interaction more inevitable - and also try to get a story to happen. Though I do stress people can still be off doing their own thing, it might inevitably end up not as free form as it is right now though. In essence, it would become the RP that I was about to post but got beaten to the punch be Dreamer. If this isn't what you may want to start finding someone else to stare at for GMing. Keeping current status quo shouldn't be to hard for anyone else to take up the reigns.

If you still feel the same way about wanting me to GM however, then please answer the questions in the spoiler (put them in spoilers please!) for me so I can figure out how the pacing is going to be going from here on out. If I can see enough people answer to this then I'll offer up myself to GM with dreamer and start working on reformatting a new OP post for newcomers to look at. Despite my obvious hesitation, I do pride myself in seeing RP's I GM for through till the very last person gives up posting. In any case, even though there's lots of changes to be had, please also consider seeing it as an expression of how dedicated a GM I could be for you.

1: How should the story play out?
- I think it should be hands off. Let the players and anarchy find something.
- I think every character should have a chance to be focused on.

2: What is the RP's theme?
- Japanese High School Hijinks
- Maybe we should have a theme?

3: I Expected to Interact with people...
- In a Class
- In a Club
- In Free Time

4: I expect to post...
- Every Day
- A couple Times a Week
- Once Per Week

5: The characters in the Rp Should be Gathered...
- in the same school
- in the same club
- in the same class

6: I think the relationships thingy (in the character sheets)...
- lets other characters know what they think of them before meeting just as the school year begins
- should be used as the basis of relationships between characters in an rp that starts after school started

7: In terms of longevity I'm probably going to...
- Keep going with this rp for a while
- Probably disappear once school starts again

8: I Realize that Ehb is...
- in over their head
- Dead Serious
- Should probably keep things as they are

Hisakawa High School - As A General Rule, Most of Us are Terrible People - Opening Post Forward Draft

Hisakawa Koukou is a prestigious japanese high school that sees students from all across the world coming together to learn in a free-form environment where students have a lot more power over their high school life than what logically makes sense. Experience the Japanese High School Life that your parent paid tooth and nail to get you sent overseas with room and board!

In this RP you can have your Japanese High School Hijinks. You are encouraged to take the opportunity for having an story for your character outlined. Which will give them a temporary spotlight in the RP, and help contribute to it's story. Or you can just be out in the background doing whatevs. As GM my promise is to keep the RP going and giving everyone one mainline (the story) to follow through with until everyone else stops replying or until I myself am unable to post. With that said, if you participate, please help me avoid the pitfall of railing the rp by also being proactive in your playstyle.

Do you think a Japanese high school RP can be more than just boy meets girl and lots of blushing? I think so too! Let's do this! The general tone of the RP is written with Oregairu (Yahari ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru) as the main inspiration when it was started. Think of this RP as being a co Light Novel Turned Roleplay. The RP's general theme is as stated in the title 'As a General Rule, Most of Us Are Terrible People'. Or in one interpretation, accepting the person your character is. Much of the RP's conflicts come from Clashing Personalities and Interests in a High School Setting. Please keep that in mind when constructing your character.

Or you can just hold hands and blush with another PC. That's fine too but try to show some restraint and give others a chance to post too. The general posting expectations is multiple posts a week. Though once per week can be okay too, just be aware of potentially needing to do some catchup.

- Japanese High School Hijinks (but an overarching story or theme wouldn't bother me)

- In a Class
- In a Club
- In Free Time
(All of the above)

- Every Day (if not every two if I'm busy)

- in the same school

- lets other characters know what they think of them before meeting just as the school year begins

- Dead Serious

*resumes staring at Ehb until other people leave their comments*

Here's my opinion ~ ♥︎
[spoili]
- I think it should be hands off. Let the players and anarchy find something.

I liked the idea of having each character be focused on. It gives me a chance to learn more about the character. However I somehow like the idea of the RP being hands off as well. I think I might go with the latter option though.

♥︎ Japanese High School Hijinks
- Maybe we should have a theme?

I like the idea of Hijinks. I'm not entirely sure why.

- In a Class
- In a Club
- In Free Time

This one was difficult to decide on. I'd like to for all students to interact in all three, but that can't be possible huh?

♥︎ Every Day
♥︎ A couple Times a Week
- Once Per Week

I'll try to post everyday, but I can't count on it since school starts for me soon. So I'll try to post a couple times a week.

- in the same school
- in the same club
- in the same class

Look at my answer for question 3. This also goes for being in the same school.

♥︎ lets other characters know what they think of them before meeting just as the school year begins
- should be used as the basis of relationships between characters in an rp that starts after school started

I don't like the idea of the relationships being the basis between the two characters. I much prefer the former.

♥︎ Keep going with this rp for a while
- Probably disappear once school starts again

I'll try to keep going as much as possible. If I don't reply, just poke me on my profile or PM me.

- in over their head
♥︎ Dead Serious
- Should probably keep things as they are

Over all, I really enjoy your idea @Ehb. I like the idea of the RP being a visual turned RP. I like the idea of each character being focused on, and the idea of them being in the same class/club/Free time. And I like the idea of it not being everywhere since everyone has different time tables. Overall I think you would make a great GM
♥︎

[/spoili]

- Japanese High School Hijinks (but an overarching story or theme wouldn't bother me)

- In a Class
- In a Club
- In Free Time
(All of the above)

- Every Day (if not every two if I'm busy)

- in the same school

- Dead Serious

*resumes staring at Ehb until other people leave their comments*
*Stares at @VengefulPeanut while they stare at @Ehb*

Status
Not open for further replies.