Hiding the Scars

Status
Not open for further replies.
"A bit better now, I have about a handful of personal issues that I can't really do anything about, like the fact that I let my frustration get the better of me and took it out on one of the mirrors in the girl's bathroom," Ebony raised her bad hand and showed Jesse the split knuckles that were still dripping then let it drop back to her side. "So now I have to explain to my folks when I get home why my hand is messed up and hope like hell that they don't start force feeding me medication." She couldn't explain why she was opening up to Jesse a little, the kid kinda just had this strange vibe about him that made her relax.

Ebony rubbed her good hand down her face and sighed, she was tired and the dark rings under her eyes proved as much, though it wasn't the kind of tired you got rid of with a good night of sleep. She watched Jesse sit down and quietly chimed in when she heard him say wackjob, "I'd be careful with words like that if I were you, you're in the presence of a real wackjob after all."

"Well....I um....." We looked at the ground. "Its a secret!" She said then added. "Your probably wondering about the murder thing, right? I'll tell you, I have nothing to hide....except the secret that is a huge no no cause if I told you I'd die of embarrassment." She looked a him and although it was faint, you could tell she was blushing.

Jesse smirked, leaning over slightly to get a look at the mahogony haired girl. She had amber eyes - nice ones, too, like syrup orbs or some other weird comparison that only Jesse could come up with. She was pretty. But, Jesse didn't see her as a wackjob. A wackjob was the girl he thought Emily was, before she started opening up a little. A wackjob was someone who had a guy beaten, blew up a lab, and stole a phone. Or, an old senial teacher. Either way.

Jesse studied the girl's battered hand. Looked pretty rough. Jesse grimaced slightly, glad he didn't sustain that kind of wound, but he definitely knew how it felt. He punched a mirror not too long ago, at his house. Stupid dick parents, always expecting so much of him...

Jesse shook the feeling away. Whatever. He was at school. The place where he didn't have to be constantly nagged about his future in 'data entry' by his annoying, perpetually-on-their-period parents. Jesse shook his head. "Nah, you're cool," he said to her, smiling. He liked her jokes. And she seemed nice. " But you know, your hand..." He gestured to her bruised knuckles. "Looks pretty bad. It hurts, yeah?"

Jesse was about to ask the girl's name when Emily finally answered, a hint of a blush on her pale cheeks. Jesse thought that was kinda funny, seeing the 'bad bitch' blush like that. He smirked. "What, do you have a thing for dumbass stoners, now?" he asked. Does she like me or something? Jesse wouldn't know how to feel about that, so he kept it light. He sorta liked her, he guessed, but he barely knew her, and...What about...

Emily was cool, but...

There was still...

Jesse looked to his shoes. Shit.

"Yeah it definitely hurts, ruined my sweater too, but that's okay I can always buy another at the thrift store. I just get angry really easy and tend to yell when I do, but sometimes I do things like punch the mirror or throw something, it's impulsive so there isn't very much I can do about it. I'm Ebony by the way, in case you were possibly wondering." After saying all that Ebony looked up at the sky and watched the white, puffy clouds drift by lazily, she tried to find shapes that looked like more than just squishy marshmallows, but she did't have much luck. Jesse seemed pretty cool, for a slacker anyway, but who was she to judge. She smiled slightly and wished she had a bag of gummy bears, so she could have fun with pretending to be a monster biting their heads from their bodies and hopefully curb her appetite til lunch.

Her cheeks became hot and red. "So what if I do?" She asked. She liked rebels and boys like Jesse, but she wasn't going to admit that. No way! "You wanna know why the police want me or not?" She asked, hoping to change the subject.

Ebony. Cool name. That meant, like, dark, right? As dark as Jesse's shirt, or his dad's car, or Principal Molina's hair (or was that chocolate brown?), or something. Jesse liked that. It was unique. He'd heard it as a word, but never as a name, and even if he didn't know the mahogony haired girl very well, he thought it fit. "That's a cool name," he told her, smiling. "I was just going to ask you that."

Jesse wanted to say more, seeing as how he related to her - how he knew, in some small ways, how she felt, but he decided better of it. Jesse wasn't great at talking about that kind of stuff, especially when it had to do with his emotions. Jesse was the kind of person who had...other outlets to reveal how he felt. He had drugs. And drawing. And his own self to beat up all the time. Other people were just another escape. A way to, for just one moment, pretend not to be the screwed up teenager he really was.

Jesse shook the thought away. The time for this loser crybaby crap wasn't here. Not even at home. His parents cut off his drug use on their property, so he was forced to use somewhere else. Maybe later at Argus's, or he could pay Brandon a visit. Or even Emilio, if he was game.

Jesse sighed, turning his attention back to Emily, whose blush had intensified into a darker shade of crimson. She wanted to know if he was curious about the guy she killed and, Jesse had to admit, he was. He saw that she was changing the subject on purpose, and for that, he was thankful - it was a good release of tension, and an even better opportunity to learn the real deal about Emily's accidental killing.

"Well, uh, yeah, I wanna know," he said, nodding as he rubbed the back of his neck. "You smoked a guy, yeah? "

"Well....me and my friend, Jake, we're playing knights by the stairs with our umbrellas. He slipped on the steps and fell. His umbrella opened and.....he fell on it. The sharp point went through his neck." She said. All her blush disappeared. She sighed sadly and hid her face, looking at the ground.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jesse flashed a puzzled look. It was odd to think that Emily would be in trouble with the law for the murder of her friend when she never actually killed him - not even accidentally. He fell. Tripped, landed on his own weapon, and died at his own, unwitting hands. It's not like she was the one who hit him, even. So, how could the police blame her for something that was so obviously an accident? Jesse wasn't sure if he simply had trouble believing her because he didn't quite trust her yet, or if he was just generally analytical. Probably both.

"Yo, what the hell's up with that?" Jesse asked, his brows raised slightly and his eyes narrowed. Turning slightly to face her, the young slacker straghtened his posture only a little before asking, "I mean, the police can't like...seriously get you for that, right?"

"It was my fault. I was aiming for his head playfully and when he went to block, he fell. After it was all over I tried to help him but ended up bloody. That police jumped to conclusions that it was me since no one else was around. I mean, he got in trouble so he had detention and I stayed with him." She explained. She sighed sadly.

Argus had been the first person outside of the school, and watched as the mass of students made their way out of the building like panicked ants in a watered down ant hill. He kept a close eye to the faces and details of the students looking for his buddy if not someone in his class which would mean he was somewhere near by. The fire truck stopped at the curb near the entrance to the school with and ambulance tagged behind it with its operators that immediately stepped out to confront principle Mollina. He deciphered the exchanged hand gestured by the emergency response team and his principle that regardless if it was a prank or not, they'd have to survey the school regardless, The conversation ended with the principle nodding and going to all the other teachers to have them maintain their class outside until the officials deemed it was safe to go back inside.

Finally he found who he was looking for and began making his way to them, being witness to the collision from a distance. "What the hell..." he thought aloud as he realized who was with him, "Miss tattle-tale and loony bird?" not much emotion ran through his 'stoner's eyes' whom eye lids were always half way closed, but he had a smidge of annoyance painted on his lips. "Maybe he needs a bit of rescuing?" He thought as he got closer and closer.

He was close enough to hear the end of their conversation, hearing Emily's little story. When there was a break in their conversation he decided to announce the fact that he was there "Geeeez! what a crazy morning, am I right?" he said as if he was the most innocent one in the whole ordeal. "And Im so done with today, wanna head over to Brandon's after everyone starts heading back to class..." he paused and took a long glance at both Emily and Ebony and flashed a toothy smile at them "and of course your 'pretty' new friends can come to." with emphasis on 'pretty', his facial expression thanks to his relaxed face came off as sleazy. He then focused back to Jesse, "Dude, you sure have a weird taste in women" he whispered unaware of how audible he was, gesturing the 'cuckoo' sign referring to 'Looney Bird' as she was affectionately referred to by their peers.

Emily glared at Argus. "You owe me a lot. I had to take the blame for your dumb ass." She snapped and stood up. She looked around. "Mr. Bynes hasn't found us and I still have hair. All's good." She said then turned to Argus and Jesse. "I'm game for ditching school." She said and stretched. She has had a rough day today! She looked at the rolling clouds and sighed. She began walking around in circles.

He lifted a brow at her statement, which was rare from his lack of expression in his eyes, and shot back a glare at Emily. "I...Dont owe you shit," He protested, putting a good long emphasis on 'I'. His hands came out of his pockets with one now at his waist. "I..." again putting great emphasis on 'I', "-didnt ask for your help, I may not be the brightest, but if you turned yourself in for us, even I know that was dumb" he broke out into a sarcastic laughter. "dude, and i thought that chick was the looney bird" he replied referring to Ebony.

"Aw man..." he sighed recovering from his laughter, "Anyways, if you're seriously gonna tag along, the buzzkill of an attitude has to stay here, or back in your ass...wherever it is you keep it when you act like a good-girl in class." Argus normally wasn't normally as harsh as this, but it was as hard as he's ever been, everyone has their pet peeves, and a no good martyr with the intentions of getting a favor back was his.

Ebony let the first comment about her slide, for now that is, and just tried to ignore the little prick, but that in itself proved futile when he spoke up about that dreaded nickname of hers a second time. She could feel her anger and frustration coming to a boil and tried to shove down the need to just deck the guy here and now, but she had to say something or else she actually would swing. She spoke up, her voice purring with the anger she felt, "Listen Sloth of the seven deadly sins, you're very lucky that all i threw at you earlier was an eraser when I yelled for you to shut up, and the Loony bird bull crap is getting on my last nerve, so either drop the that stupid nickname, or I'll show you just how much of a Loony bird I can be by sending you to the nurse's office with a pair of fucking scissors embedded in your arm."

Ebony bared her teeth in more of a snarl then an actual smile at Argus, and then went back to watching the clouds and ignoring him with complete seriousness intended in her threat.

Reactions: Penelope Sky
As soon as Argus came by, Jesse was thankful for the end of the awkward situation with Emily. He kinda figured that the 'undercover rebel' did have some kind of thing for him, which he himself wasn't sure if he reciprocated. The girl was nice, sure, once she dropped the whole hard ass thing, but he barely knew her, and there was something a little bit off he felt about her murder story. He'd been around 'bad kids' all his life, but never around someone accused of that, and Jesse...

He just didn't know how to process the information in only a few minutes. She didn't seem guilty, but...who knows what really happened and why she decided to tell him, some stupid stoner idiot who was likely to blab the first chance he got?

Jesse shook the thought away. It was safe to say that Argus's arrival saved him from either side to the conversation with Emily, but it was hard to deny that Argus's treatment of Ebony annoyed him a little. Jesse, being kind of spineless when it came to dealing with his stoner friends, decided better of it not to say anything, especially since he'd be bothered about it later. It seemed like Ebony handled herself better than he could, anyway, because the whole scissors-in-the-arm thing was golden. If probably more a promise than a threat.

Jesse did however, see Argus's stance with Emily. Neither of them owed her anything, and that was something Jesse decided a long time ago, even before they got outside. She didn't have to help them. Whether she was an undercover rebel or not, taking the blame for their weed was a death sentence with Bynes. And Molina, too, for that matter. Sure as shit, she seemed all nice and caring with her concerned looks and chocolate brown eyes, but she'd have Emily expelled quicker than she could say 'I was an idiot for doing this'. Jesse didn't want her in trouble, but this was a perfect, undeniable case of 'you asked for it'.

All Jesse wanted to do was get out of here. Just run. Go. Smoke some weed at Brandon's or Argus's or Emilio's or the freaking moon or wherever - he just wanted to get high. And fast. Why not? Jesse was nervous and upset and fidgety all day. He deserved something to clear his head. And so did the others, too. They could all just ditch school, get high, and re...

Shit. Jesse sighed deeply, his head in his hands. He had forgotten all about Aria. He was supposed to see her at lunch today. Shit, shit, shit. He couldn't leave now. No way. Maybe after, but sure as hell not now.

"Hey, uh, listen, guys..." Jesse began, lifting his head from his hands but only looking at his shoes. "I can't leave right now." He turned to Argus, squinting in the sunlight, and studied his expression. "Can't we, maybe, get out of here, like, after lunch? Or something? So we can, like, eat first?"

After what Argues had said she nearly blew it. Too show him her anger she slapped him with all her might, leaving a big red hand nark on his cheek. She glared at him and became seriously bad. "Listen you ungrateful, sloppy, stoner!" She said, walking up to him. "You better watch the wag you talk to me or I'll be the first on with the pleasure of watching you die from smoking weed!" She snapped. She was in his face now and had a slight smirk. "If you think for even a second I'd bow down to your lame and lazy fucking ass I'll send you to Hell where you belong! And I'm sure the devil will be glad I did so!" She spat. She was dead serious. She may have been the quiet girl on class and nice but mess with her and you'll meet her demon. "And maybe you shouldn't judge me by how I seem on the outside." She said then added in a whisper. "Believe me, I can turn into a bad bitch when I need."

Reactions: JadedPriest
Jesse's eyes widened as Emily approached Argus, slapping him hard in the face with all her might. Jesse had to admit, he was not expecting that, not even from her. He wasn't even sure what he thought was funnier, him getting slapped or her speech, or why exactly he thought it was funny to begin with. Was it because he thought it was obsurd, or she'd really do it? Jesse didn't know, so he just smiled, thinking of something clever. Stifling the urge to laugh out loud, Jesse raised his hand just a little above his head, as if he was asking permission to speak in class, and said, "Yo, I don't really think you can OD on pot, man." He smirked. "Just sayin'."

Ebony smirked at the satisfying sound of Argus' face being slapped before getting up and dusting the dirt off of her worn, raggedy jeans. Served him right, if anything that mouth of his alone was going to get him into trouble.

Ebony gently patted Emily's back as she spoke, "Calm down Sin City, there's no need to bring the inner demon out today, but I'm sad to say the boys do have a point what you did was technically an act of charity, what you should've done is blackmailed them into giving you hush money, that way you would have at least gotten something out of it. Remember that for future reference if you decide to play martyr again." She snickered and turned towards Argus, "As for you Sloth, pure idiocy got you caught in the first place, if you're going to smoke on campus be my guest, but don't forget precautions, otherwise we'll have a repeat of today, and if somebody is feeling charitable that day, I personally will make sure you pay them back in full. I do believe you owe Jesse though for even warning your stupid ass."

Emily sighed and looked at Ebony with a smile. "You know. I think we'll be great freinds in the future." She said and and glared at Argus. "And I honestly agree with Ebony. With the blackmail and the apology." She said with a slight smile. She looked at Jesse with a curious look. "You going to lunch and not coming with us? That doesn't make sense. Is it a girl?" She asked, leaning into him. "Found yourself a girlfriend? Hmmmm?" She asked, wanting to know the answer.

Jesse sighed, rolling his eyes and shaking his head, his gaze still locked on his brightly colored shoes. Jesse didn't quite know how to answer that question. Aria wasn't his girlfriend, and he wasn't that sure if he even wanted her to be - seeing as how he barely knew her - but how could he explain that to Emily, who might have some kind of thing for him? What if she was one of those psycho bitch jealous types, or what if the others started making comments?

Jesse couldn't deny he planned to have lunch with a girl he was at least slightly interested in, so he just glared at her, rubbing the back of his neck in a fidgety kind of way. He could still deny dating anyone. "No, Emily, I'm not seeing anyone," he said, shaking his head. "I was just thinking that we could all go to lunch and shit and just...keep everybody updated." He looked at the others, hoping someone could chime in and vouch for him. "Let some people know where we're going, and, you know, invite people." He smiled, more confidence in his posture as he began to sit up straighter, and clapped in a motivational kind of way. "Get this party rollin', right?"

She smiled and backed up. "That's a great idea! Nice one! I didn't think your brain actually worked!" She said. She patted his shoulder then turned to the others. "Let's go and get this party started!" She said, putting her left fist in the air. She was the positive and fun type mostly and she loved to party. She walked over to Argus. "You will be on charge of music." She said and turned to Ebony. "You will be in charge of decoraton." She told her then turned to Jesse. "Your in charge of the food." She said then crossed Jr arms. I'll get everyone." She said.

Status
Not open for further replies.