Hiding the Scars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aria stepped back when Jesse turned around giving him room to move. She looked at emily " Hey are you um okay?" Then she looked at Jesse "I have a feeling that I missed alot." She did not know Jesse and Emily hung out. Well of course she wouldnt know she just started actually tallking to the guy. The more the merrier right?

It's hard to deny that, right now, amidst all this shit the day has thrown at us, I feel like a total girl with this dramatic way I've been acting, mostly credited to that whole, y'know, third person narration thing that's making this about 83 times more intense than it actually is.

Truth is, yeah, I guess, maybe, I like both of them, but, this isn't some, like, nonregular (that a word?) thing where I've totally just mentally spilled my guts about a couple girls at the same time. It's happened before, and, yeah, actually, as much as a dick it makes me sound like, it happens a lot.

But...for some weird and unknown reason, this time is different, and I really can't explain why I'm stressing so much when I, like, barely even know these chicks. I mean, I kissed my ex best friend in, like, 8th grade, while we were rolling freaking joints, and I didn't even think about it - not once - but now I'm practically, like, I dunno...like, upset, okay? I'm upset for a stupid reason. And I need to just calm down and get over it, because there's a hell of a lot of solutions for it like a) getting high, b) partying, c) forgetting about it, and d) seeing if I can find something on the Discovery Channel about how the brain...starts liking someone, I don't know. But, whichever way I go, I'll be doing it tonight, and at the same time, I could also come to a choice, or whatever.

If this is even a decision.

With a sigh, Jesse did one more check of his phone, silently seeing if Argus decided to reply with a rapid fire text, hopefully dropping the whole Emily topic, as it was no longer something Jesse was too willing to discuss, even in a talking-but-not-talking kind of situation. God, he scolded himself, rereading his reply. Did I suddenly become mega gay overnight?

Rolling his eyes, Jesse aggravatedly shoved his bright red mobile phone back in his baggy jean pockets, turning back around to Aria to flash her a small, friendly smile. Emily fell, but she was still pretty unresponsive, and Jesse didn't see this as such an awful time to fill Aria in - partially, of course.

"Yeah," he said, nodding and standing up a little straighter. "You definitely...you definitely missed a lot." Silence. Jesse wasn't sure what else to say. Come on. Think of something! "Oh, uh, hey! Me, Emily, Ebony, and some of my guys are having this...party thing - you probably heard Emily's announcement - and, y'know, if you wanna come...you can."

Aria stopped breathing. He was so close, well according to her standards he was. Her heart was beating wildly. She had never stood this close to anyone in her life, let alone a boy. She took a moment to really look at his eyes now they were just so... Aria snapped out of it nearly forgetting that she was just invited to a party and that definitely required a response.

A party, she was invited to a party. she felt beyond excited. This year was getting better and better. She felt somewhat less of a social reject. People never went out of their way to invite her to anything and she never went out of her way to attend.

She returned his smile and ran her hands through her dark brown curly hair mock thinking."A party hm, let me check my schedule." She turned around for a split second and then turned back to Jesse with a grin on her face "I am free until the-oh look at that- the rest of my life. A party sounds nice cant say I have ever been to one so it sounds like it would be fun. ooooo almost forgot... will there be salsa?"

Aria immediately went into plan mode. How would she get there, did she need to dress up, was there some sort of party etiquette that she should know about? Then she realized that emily Emily had not answered and here she was getting all frantic about the party.

Aria pointed to Emily "Is she okay, should we like carry her to the nurse or something?"

Jesse was about to respond to Aria's question, mentally noting to buy some salsa and chips while he was at the store, until she gestured widely to Emily, asking if she should be carried to the nurse.

Jesse nodded, glancing down at Emily again before he climbed off the stage, crouching beside her and mildly shaking her by the shoulders, trying his best to be as gentle as possible - not that he could hurt her, anyway - and testing her for consciousness. "Yo, Emily!" he called again, her lack of response unsettling him. Slightly panicked, he put his finger to her wrist, carefully feeling for a pulse, and sighed in relief when he found one, the familiar, lulling pump beating Iightly against his skin.

He glanced up at Aria, shaking his head and signaling for her to come down. "Yo, she's completely out of it," he said, looking down at Emily once more. It was weird how he wasn't being frantic about it, he noticed, but he'd seen people knocked out before, and most of them always came out okay, even after totally getting the crap slapped out of them, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.