Hiding the Scars

Status
Not open for further replies.
(duuuude, with all this stuff happening at once, lets let it get hectic x___X, slap me if its a bad idea, lol)

"Huh-" He poked his head out of the stall, his eyes already attaining a shade of pink around the iris, and it didn't help that he got the smileys after just a few puffs. "Dang, how long has it been...this shit is..." he pauses and coughs and hacks from sting the joint left in his throat "some good stuff" he finished his sentence.

A lingering wisp that made its way through the bathroom door slowly crawled its way to the hallway ceiling, like a spirit teasingly dancing its way towards the fire alarm.

"Jess?" He called out after hearing the warning he shouted to him. By now half a minute that seemed like an eternity since the warning was headed had passed by till it finally clicked in his Argus' haze filled mind. Quickly he put out the ember at the end of his blunt and flushed it down the toilet without giving it a second thought because it hurt less that way to part with it, much like ripping out a band-aid. He stepped foot out to the hallway where he heard that goody-two-shoes like some tattle telling elementary school-girl.

"What.... a bitch" He did his best to look inconspicuous but with a high like that everything he did felt "Off" with his back turned opposite direction of Emily, he began to walking, only two seconds before that wisp of smoke finally did it. The fire alarm was tripped and the sudden shriek of the emergency bell nearly made his heart jump out of his throat. "Aw shiiitt!" He stuttered and ran down the hallway with teachers opening the door to their room to in reaction to the fire alarm just seconds after he passed by their door in a rippling effect.

The firebell blared obnoxiously throughout the library, piercing into Jesse's ears like a gunfight blasted at full volume on a speaker-rigged action movie. Students laid their books, papers and projects on the tables and retreated from their work, pushing their chairs in and following the tall, slender librarian as she led them out of the no longer orderly room.

Jesse sighed, quickly stowing a thick, hard bound book back in its original, comfortable spot with the rest of the comedy dramas before following behind the other students.

In front of him was a short, red headed girl wearing a business jacket, pencil skirt, and black high heels, a little oddly dressed for a high schooler - especially one who looked even younger than a freshman, once he got a small glimpse of her face. Kinda weird, he noticed, but he paid no attention to the young girl for any longer than a moment. Nagging at Jesse's brain was something entirely different.

The firebell. Argus's weed. That had to be his doing. Jesse rolled his eyes, his hands in his pockets and his head cloudy as he left the library. Shit, shit, shit. At least, maybe, they won't suspect Argus for it, not if he wasn't seen and he could get rid of those old skunk clothes. Maybe Jesse could hook him up with some oversized stuff from the lost and found, or maybe Argus had stuff for PE. Argus was, after all, supposed to be with Principal Molina. But, if Mr. Bynes found out he was never there...

Jesse was supposed to be in the bathroom, too. Two logical suspects. Even then, they'd be circling the drain.

Wow. Nice. Freaking kill me next time, why don't you? Because that's totally what's gonna happen when Mr. Bynes and Mollina finds out. Might as well just be screwing ourselves in our own pink asses with a pitchfork because my mother is gonna have a heart attack and kick me out of my own house without a dollar to my name, and I'm going to be in juvie somewhere, sleeping next to some hardened street gang member who grows freaking opium in his back pocket and killed his mother and baby sister with a rusty shovel at age 9. We are dead. Dead dead dead, so mother effing dead. Like, deader than dead. Freaking burnt, yo. It's kafkaesque.

Jesse was panicked, but he at least had one hope left. Getting outside would help him think of a plan. Something to get them out of this mess. It had to. Some kind of chemical in the air, or the New Mexican sunlight, or something. Did something to the brain to circulate activity or some shit. Yeah. That had to be it. All Jesse had to do was lay low, get outside, and think.

Not quite a 'yeah bitch', but a 'yeah' would do.

Emily jumped when the fire alarm came on. She wasn't a goody two shoes I mean, she smoked once in a while and accidentally killed someone.....but that doesn't matter know. Emily came to her senses and told Mr. Bynes that she was the one smoking pot. That was pretty believable since she had pink on her eyes from lack of sleep. She bolted to the boys bathroom after she told him. Hey, she'll deal with him after she sees who's stupid ass she just covered for. She could feel the blood and she hated it but fuck that it didn't matter.

Once there she caught her breath and looked at Jesse. She could hear the teachers footsteps running this way and she panicked. She looked at Jesse. "You might wanna get out if here while I deal with the teacher." She said then turned to face the teacher. He was now only a few feet away and closed space fast. Soon he grabbed her arm and walked to the principals office. "Drugs are not allowed in this school, Emily!" He scolded her. She looked back at Jesse and put her middle finger up then looked forward and put it in her pocket. She removed her other hand from his grip and put it in her other pocket and followed him.

Passing the bathroom in a mob of chatty students exiting the building, Jesse ducked out of line, peering over at the bathroom door to survey the area - make sure everything was going as he set it up to go, and Argus made it out alive without being noticed.

No sign of Argus - could either be gone or still in the bathroom like a stupid prick - but he did see Emily. Seemed pretty pissed, too, and she was kind of adamant about him getting the hell out of dodge. It even looked like she got in trouble for something, too, which was a little weird, seeing as how Emily was always the quiet one in class, listening to her iPod and compliantly doing her work. Weird. And wasn't she supposed to be the bitch who ratted on them, anyway? Why the hell was she in trouble with Bynes? Did he suspect her for the pot, or something?

Jesse didn't know nor care at this point. He just wanted all this crap to go away. And, quite ironically, the only thing that could do that was for him to get high. Not now, though. At home. Maybe he could duck out of class after lunch and give Brandon a visit. Maybe he could "catch" the stomach bug and miss the next day, too. It might even help him lay low for a little, at least until all this pot crap blows over. There are far worse things going on at this school than some stupid slackers getting high.

The idea was comforting to Jesse, but he still wasn't sure if it was a viable option. Might even look a little suspicious. But, he at least needed to get back in line before Mr. Bynes noticed him. The dude was getting a little old and senial, but he wasn't blind yet.

Casually, Jesse took a sidestep to the left, nonchalantly blending in with the crowd of exiting students, fitting perfectly between the short, baby-faced business woman in front of him and the hipster guy behind him.

Jesse glanced at Mr. Bynes. "Drugs aren't allowed in this school, Emily!" he shouted, clutching the high schooler's arm in an iron grip. What the hell? Did she...take the blame...or something? Jesse's blue eyes widened as he scanned the scene one more time. Sure as shit, the girl was in some deep, unforgivable trouble, and she, being some kind of hidden rebel, sacrificed herself for a couple of junkie slackers, for...what? Why...why would she even...

Jesse was too confused to notice Emily flashing the middle finger at him, the contempt plain on her face. He was looking back and forth between his bright yellow shoes, and the line ahead. The girl in front of him was mega short, so he could see the back of the guy in front of her. Tall, with tan skin and very short, dark hair. Whatever. Didn't matter to Jesse. He was just wondering what the hell was going on. Where was Argus? The other girls? Why would Emily do that? What would happen to him? Did he even need to come up with a plan, or was he off the hook? Was this a 'no bitch' or a 'yeah bitch' moment? Or both?

Yeah, bitch...?

When the fire alarm went off with a shrill ring that echoed throughout the girl's bathroom, Ebony started to freak. There was way too much noise and the pain in her knuckles was soon forgotten as the sweater fell to the floor with a rather large blood stain on it. Forgetting about Lily she covered her ears while her nails dug into her scalp and ran out of the bathroom screaming. She just had to get out, to get away from the noise, it felt like someone was driving ice picks into her brain through her ears. Without even realizing she barreled right into Jesse and ended up knocking them both down.

Emily turned around and ran down the hall while the teach wasn't looking. Of course she bolted more like. She put her hood on and his her face as she ran to the group of students. She wasn't going to take the punishment only the blame. She was still running from the police for crying out loud! She didn't need drugs to add onto it. She ran into the mob of kids, pushing them out of her way and bumping into them. She wasn't really paying attention so when she tripped over Ebony and Jesse she wasn't surprised. She got up buy looked at Jesse. "You owe me big time." She said and squatted down by them. "Er, you two are OK. Right?" She asked.

Jesse was at least a little thankful for the solace that came with walking alone in a crowd of chatting students. He usually walked with someone - had a friend by his side - but being alone, even when surrounded by everybody else, was a cool change. It allowed him to be solitary with his thoughts, and to reason things out, the questions swirling through his mind like a swaying, tumultuous wind, nagging at the corners of his brain and relentlessly seeking answers. At first, the questions were panicked, but now they were dull, droning in the background like the fire alarm Jesse could no longer hear, even if it was indeed still there. Jesse wasn't really at peace, but he was at least calm, and it gave him a little time to think. Not really about anything specific, but to just think, and thinking was enough for him.

His personal silence was interrupted by an impact at his side. With a hard, slamming bang, Jesse was knocked to the floor, his head just barely hitting the wall behind him. His eyes were closed, his head spinning from more than just the endless questions, but when he opened them, he noticed a familiar face.

It was the girl from class - the loud mouth with mahogany hair, the one who yelled at Argus. Jesse had to admit, what she said was pretty funny. Sleepy of the seven dwarves. Jesse smirked just thinking about it. She was laying there, on the ground, half of her on top of him and half of her not, her brownish red hair in a shaggy, flowing mess.

Jesse was just about to find a clever way to ask her what the hell that was, but he was silenced when he felt someone trip over his leg. He glanced up - it was Emily.

"You owe me big time," she said to him, squatting beside Jesse and the girl. Jesse rolled his eyes, sighing deeply as he rubbed the back of his neck. Of course he owed her. Of freaking course.

Jesse thought this was going to be sort of a taunt, for some reason or another. Like, she had something in mind, specifically, that he owed her, and she was going to lay it out, right here and right now, like some kind of cruel blackmail you'd see from a TV villain, one of the kinds that pauses for ten minutes before killing the hero to spill her guts in an angsty monologue about how she came to be. Jesse rolled his eyes at the thought of it, continuing to rub his neck, but was surprised at the lack of this behavior. She was asking if he was okay. Him and that other girl. "Er, you two are OK. Right?"

Jesse nodded. "Yeah," he said, continuing to nod. "I'm cool." He paused for a moment, his vision beginning to refocus from the fall, and scanned her. Immediately, he noticed her rather conspicuous looking hood, concealing her hair, and smirked. "What's up with the hood?"

Aria had barely moved aside when tge fire alarm went off and Ebony came barreling out the bathroom door. Kids were rushing out of classrooms and teachers were guiding them outside. Completely forgetting why she went to the bathroom in the first place Aria followed the flow of students. Seeing as though she was only 5'4 she was pushed and bumped the whole time and she fought to make it to the sides so she could get some room.

She saw Emily speeding down the halls and then disappear. She slid against the lockers trying to keep her distance from the kids who were clearly on steroids.Freshman need to stop drinking so much milk. She just needed to make it outside then she would sit down and wait to the chaos blew over.

"Running from trouble. Its normal for me." She said and sighed a little. She heard the teachers stomping footsteps and yelling. "Damn old man, why ain't he blind yet?" She asked as she looked in the direction of the teacher. She looked at them once more. "Okay, up! Time to run!" She said and clapped her hands like they were doing a drill. "I've already been accused of murder I don't need drugs to be another thing to add onto the list." She added in panic and helped the girl to her feet. She put her hand out for Jesse after she helped the girl of whose name she forgot.

Ebony couldn't think much at all right now there was too much noise, it barely even registered with her that she had knocked into someone, but the shooting pain in her knuckles made it possible, she could feel herself slipping into one of her fits. In hollow voice she just repeated the same words like a broken record, "Make them stop, make them stop, make them stop . . . " Just on and on she kept repeating, she barely noticed the girl that helped her up as her blood dribbled down her hand, she could feel the wry smile stretching itself across her face as she kept repeating.

Reactions: Penelope Sky
Jesse sighed, reaching for Emily's hand and taking it in his own. Her skin was cold, like ice or a chilled soda, but Jesse was too warm to notice. All this stress...all this endless running around, not to mention how nervous all of this has been making him, has definitely caused him to break a sweat. With the help of Emily, Jesse returned to his feet and let go of her, wiping his hands on his pants of any dirt collected from the fall, then frowned. "Yo, why'd you cover for the weed, man? You know how much trouble you could get in?"

Jesse narrowed his bright blue eyes, leaning in towards her so he coud speak at a lower volume. He scanned the hall for Mr. Bynes, and, upon seeing him, he knew he needed to speak fast. "Look, Emily, if you wanna help me so bad, then I can't..." He gestured widely down the hall, checking for Mr. Bynes again. He took a deep breath, rubbing his forehead of sweat. "Then the best thing for me to do is to hang back here while you haul ass downstairs and hide in a janitor's closet or something. " That's what I would do.

"I already covered for you and your friends dumb ass. And I did that because believe it or not I'm a rebel as well...but undercover. Once you do something lay low for a bit then do another thing. Simple." She said and looked at Mr. Bynes. He was getting closer and she needed to calm down. "Time to go." She said. She grabbed Jesse's hand and Ebony's and ran down the hall, past teachers and students, and finally outside. They were in the courtyard and everyone else was in the field. Emily sighed in relief knowing she had escaped. She let go of their hands and looked at Jesse. "Want me to tell you the whole story so you can grasp it better?" She asked, arms crossed.

Jesse didn't know whether to trust this girl or not. She covered for him, yeah, but what was up with this bad attitude? If she was so pissed about taking the blame for the weed, then why the hell did she do it in the first place? And what was up with this supremist shit, like she was one bad bitch and he was just a lame ass stoner? Well, he was a lame ass stoner, in fact, but he didn't deserve to be treated like that. And, seriously? Framed for murder? For all he knew, she could be next in line for the psych ward.

Jesse wasn't the kind of person who let that kind of anger and distrust just bubble up inside of him, so he was already formulating a defensive speech, just for her, so he could be the bad bitch for once. Show her who's in control. Even if she did help him get out of trouble, he wanted - no, needed - to get answers on his own terms. You show her how it's done.

Jesse walked toward her, narrowing his eyes and taking up just enough personal space to appear intimidating. "No, how about you 'grasp' this," he spat, putting air quotes around the word 'grasp'. I'm not a dumbass. "Drop the jerk attitude and stop being such a hard ass about everything. I didn't come begging for your help. Like, 'Oh, please, Emily, cover for my weed while I worship on the ground you walk. Oh, and then don't be afraid to come back, get me involved in your shit, and be a total bitch about it later, why don't you?'!"

(Okay, whoa. Lol. I tried to scan over all this and process the info, so tell me if something is wrong or doesn't make sense!)

Lily's eyebrows furrowed as she awoke with a start, with a headache and hurting ears. Something was going on. It was scary. This wasn't like anything she used to go through.

Close, but not like it.

She got up quickly, taking some staggering steps as she got dizzy from getting up too fast. But despite it, she ran out the bathroom, looking around with wide brown eyes. She only saw commotion and kids too excited about an unknown fire drill going off. She easily got lost in the crowd of people, her shoulders getting pushed and shoved as kids walked and ran by, too excited about the situation to care.

Emily broke into laughter at what he said. "Damn, that's hilarious." She said once she finished. She wiped her teary eyes and got closer to him, inches away from his face. She smirked and her eyes shone with mischief. "No one in this god forsaken school knows me for who I truly am. I'm a rebel. A badass bitch. Got it? The murder was an accident of course. I wouldn't kill someone on purpose but still. Remember last month? When an explosion happened in the lab. The chemicals exploded and burst into flames? That was me. Remember three months ago when the principal lost her phone? I stole it. Remember that time when one of the students got in trouble with someone and the next day a gang of five beat the shit out of the student. That was me. Almost every fucked up thing that has happened here since I was the new kid was because of me." She said in a calm but daring voice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jesse's eyes widened when Emily approached him, her pale, deceptively innocent face just inches from his own. Jesse had to admit - this was a bit uncomfortable for him, so uncomfortable that he barely listened to anything she said, droning out the first part and only catching a little of the rest. He understood enough of the premise - yeah, she was a bad bitch, whatever - but he ws still a little uncomfortable with this. He was, actually, a little uncomfortable with himself at the moment, seeing as how he wasn't really around a familiar face. Sure, he knew the mahogony haired girl, and he knew Emily, but it's not like they were his friends. The other girl seemed a little preoccupied at the moment, and Emily was...

Jesse didn't really know. He kinda liked the bad ass thing, but he didn't like how she discredited him, and he especially didn't trust her. Who knows if she actually did all those things she sad she did? Jesse's friend Emilio stole Principal Mollina's phone. He even said so. Bragged about it, too. That was totally him, right?

Right. This girl was a liar. Not to be liked and certainly not to be trusted, and way too unpredictable to be allied with, especially a psycho pyromaniac who lights a chemical fire for no good reason. Jesse scoffed.

"Oh, well, heil Miss Hitler Bitch!" he shouted, raising his hand in the signature 'heil Hitler' gesture. Like he was supposed to worship her neo-Nazi ass just because she accidentally iced a guy. He stepped back from her. "What does this have to do with me?"

With the noise gone she groaned in pain and released her head as she eyed the girl who dragged her out here and tried to decide whether or not she was in the mood to thank her, "Hey Miss Sin City can you cut the bitching for five seconds . . . it's hard enough for me to think as is, I don't need your voice adding to the peanut gallery inside my head." Satisfied with what she said she rubbed at her eyes and tried to calm her frayed nerves before speaking up again, "I do have to thank you for dragging me out here, seeing as I personally don't handle loud, shrill noises very well, and I need to apologize for crashing into you Jesse, I was a bit preoccupied with my loony bird meltdown."

She sat down on the sidewalk and breathed out a sigh as she picked at the fraying edge of her ratty checkerboard converses with her good hand, and started considering a lot of things inside her head.

For a moment, Jesse turned to the mahogony haired girl, a twitch of a smile apparent on his pale, youthful face. Sin City. That was pretty funny, so Jesse allowed himself to chuckle, the annoyance fading from his soft features. He said to the girl, "No, that's totally okay." He smiled, looking to his feet and absentmindedly kicking the cobblestone below him.. "I wasn't really...paying attention. Anyway, uh, how are you holding up? You seemed pretty upset earlier. "

Last edited by a moderator:
Emily knew he didn't believe her and she was thankful for it cause, non of it was true...except the murder part. She smiled knowing this guy knew who to trust and who not to. "OK, now I know your not just a stoner." She said and said down next to Ebony. "Non of that was true anyways, only the murder part." She said and looked up at the sky with a smile. "Although, I am a rebel at times." She added and looked at him with a innocent smile. She looked at Ebony with the same smile. "Glad I could help." She said.

Jesse looked back at Emily. He was sort of trying to blow her off by starting a conversation with the other girl, but he was surprised by Emily's response. So you admit it, he said to himself, smirking internally at the revelation. He was happy she dropped the bitch act for the most part, but he still didn't quite trust her. The murder thing was a little damning, and words couldn't really redeem how weird she's been, especially since she's been evading one, crucial detail - why did she cover for Jesse earlier? Why would she help him, when she only knew his name? And the accidental killing had yet to be explained, still. The girl was manipulative, and even if Jesse wasn't the smartest, he could read people well enough to pick up such subtle behavioral nuances.

"Well," he began, hesitantly sitting on the step beside her. "Good to know you're not a total wackjob." He rolled his eyes, rubbing the back of his neck with a small, almost inaudible sigh. "Why'd you help me like that? This morning. With the weed."

Status
Not open for further replies.