Hidden

• Thread starter Jae- The nonexistant
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kate pulled her bandanna up over her mouth as the smoke filled the air. The rest of her troops followed suit and lifted their guns, aiming all around. A cackle rang out. "You've lost many poor lives, burned, the worst way to die." The voice said. Kate fired a shot into the smoke and a loud -thump- followed. She stepped towards the building, listening closely. The sound of coughing erupted from inside. Kate dropped her gun and ran towards the door, the flames licking the back of the building. She broke through the front door, looking around while her team made a V formation in front of the door. She blinked a few times and ran to a table, underneath lay a small boy and a kitten. she picked the boy up as he held the kitten and she began to make her way to the door, avoiding the falling debris and flames behind her. She slipped out of the door just as the room was engulfed in flames. The man that told her the location ran up and started working on the boy while Kate picked her gun up. "Keep close and use your infared. Drop 'em like flies." She said and several -clicks- issued.
"Check, open fire!" The man yelled as he moved the boy. Several shots rang in the air and two -thuds- followed. Knives flew at the team and they ducked, everyone checking okay. "They're closing in!"

After seeing that display, only one bit of words went to Allen's brain which he also said out loud: "F***. This." When Kate went into the burning building to save the child and the kitten, he was already dealing with flashbacks of prior operations with his friends that nearly killed them to the point where he could be classified as having PTSD. This however, made the memories that he worked so hard moving forward from come back. Silently and to the inattentiveness of everyone else, he vanished in a flash of light blue.

When he reappeared, he had caught the surprise of one who was about to throw a knife. It was already too late as a large amount of blood erupted from a vertical slash wound. Normally, he would work to subdue them. Now, all bets were off. He flashed again and reappeared before one, punching it hard in the chest and not even caring that he could feel the cracking of bones. Now, the common enemies attention was focused on him.

They got their knives and stuff ready but it wasn't enough. Wherever they saw Allen flash away, one enemy went down due to slash wounds or passing out from the untold amount of pain of having multiple bones broken in one fell swoop. The last one however was becoming a bit scared and desperate.

"What....are you!" Was all he got out before Allen backhanded him with a tonfa and sent him rolling to the group. What makes this worse is that Allen did in fact overdo it with his sync mode and passed out shortly after.

The team quit firing as Adam's heat signature came up on their scopes.
"Kate, he's down." The man said as he fired at someone who moved. Kate nodded.
"Cover me." She stood up and scanned the immediate area before making her way to Allen. She put her rifle on her back and slid an arm under Allen's shoulder, picking him up and supporting his weight on her shoulder.
"On my way back." The sounds of the group shifting could be heard in the eerie silence as she moved Allen back towards the boy she'd gotten from the fire. Setting Allen against the side of her truck that pulled up, she waved at T. "Two transports, team move, and what about the Razors?"
"Check, on route, and picking up now." As he finished speaking, a helicopter came into view, dropping a basket in which the bodies were loaded. Kate reached down, lifting Allen into the back seat of the truck and the boy climbed in beside him, poking his sword. Kate chuckled and climbed into the front seat while the team took positions around the back of the pickup. T drove them to the base and one of the team and Kate supported Allen between them, carrying him in and setting him in Kate's office on her makeshift bed. The boy sat in her chair, spinning around and looking gloomy. Kate collapsed in a chair beside Allen and sighed. She'd given the team a thumbs up and the rest of the day off.

Meanwhile, Allen started to wake up. Before he opened his eyes, he had his persona run damage control. The overall damage was a bit scary: quite a few bones in his body had cracked but were being healed by healing magic. "Ow, my aching everything." He mumbled before looking around.

Kate almost jumped at Allen's voice. "Oh, you're awake." she said. "Hello." The boy jumped up, running over and pointing at your sword.
"Pretty!" He said. Kate smiled, putting a hand on his shoulder as he cuddled his kitten.
"He's three, we're searching for his parents now. The building had been evacuated, but he missed the call." She said quietly.

"I see." Allen sighed silently before looking away from the kid. He couldn't bare to look at the kid, it reminded him of his own childhood. It wasn't necessarily bad, it was just covered in emotional scars Silently, he traced the scar that looks like it went through his left eye. But on a non-depressing note, he would be cleared to move again within the hour.

The boy sat down on Kate's foot and started playing with the kitten, who was tugging on his shoelaces. Kate turned her attention to Allen. "Are you okay?" she asked quietly.

Allen turned to her and nodded. "Yeah. Multiple bones were cracked but are being healed. Give me about an hour and I should be allright." But, he did leave off that he felt like shit...at least emotionally.

Kate nodded. "Okay. Let me know if you need anything." She said, picking up the little boy and taking him out of the room to speak to his parents, who had just stumbled into the building. The kitten mewled from the floor, pawing her ear gently.

"Okay." Allen said with a slight nod as Kate and the child left the room. Sighing, he just laid there letting the healing magic do it's work. 15 minutes later, it was done but he decided to relax for the remainder of the time. He looked down to his clothes and noticed that there was a bit of blood stained on his shirt. "Probably from earlier."

Kate came back in as the family left about 20 minutes after they arrived. She picked up the little kitten and looked over at Allen. "You okay?" She subconsciously rubbed the kitten in between it's ears. The kitten purred, closing it's amber eyes.

"I'm good." Allen said as he sat up. He made the mental note to wash this outfit a few times to get the blood out. Sadly, he recalled the one-sided curbstop we gave said enemies. It didn't really bother him as much as it normally would. Enough of that reflections, he needed a distraction. That's when he noticed that he still had his sword's sheath on with the katana and tonfas on the table.

Kate nodded. "Okay. I'll be back in a little while, the base is yours to do whatever until I get back, if you need anything ask T and he'll try his best." She bid Allen goodbye and set the kitten in a small basket before walking out, leaving in the team truck.
T walked in. "Hey, Allen, I'm T. I brought some clothes if you want them." He set a pair of jeans and a black t-shirt on the chair by the door before backing out.

Allen nodded to T as he took off his bloody dress shirt shirt and put on the black t-shirt. He grabbed his katana's sheath and slowly slid the sword in it. His tonfas did have a tiny bit of blood on them but it wasn't that noticeable. Great, how how was he going to explain to the people at school...better yet, to Neil and everyone else?

Kate drove up to the Main Hall, entering with a small nod to the guards. The mayor was standing there, he looked worried. "Mr. Mayor, please stay calm. We're doing our best. Keep everyone inside their houses, and make sure everyone knows how dangerous it is." Kate said, bowing to him before starting out.
"Yes..Okay. Thank you." Kate jumped back in the truck and turned onto the main road. Something beeped in the truck and she slowed down a little, looking at the radar a second too late. The truck flipped over, the only thing protecting her from the blast was her window, bullet-proofed, and the reinforced car. She pulled her arms over her head as the truck rolled over. When it stopped, she looked around. The truck was totalled, but she only had a few scratches. She moved to where she could kick the door open and turned on the radio. "Kate to base, copy?"
T answered. "I'm here Kate. Yes?"
"They've set mines, truck is totalled. Call in a clean up?"
"Copy that. On route, destination 2 minutes. Luck the GPS is working."
"Yeah. Kate out." She put the radio down and pulled her feet up, kicking the door as hard as she could. The door creaked. She kicked it again and it opened a little. She took a deep breath and kicked it once more. This time, it busted open. She climbed out, pulling the rifle with her, and sat beside the truck, waiting for the clean-up crew.

"Copy, T out." T glanced over to an onlooker and held up 2 fingers. The girl nodded and ran over, calling a few people to move, they all headed out to the second truck, this one with a tow-line. T walked into Kate's office. "Hey, Allen, need anything?" he asked.

Kate looked up as the truck came into sight. The girl stepped out and nodded at her before motioning to the rest, who started hooking the crashed truck to the tow-line and pulling it up. Kate climbed in the back and the team started home, the paramedic wrapping up her cuts and scrapes. By the time they reached the base two minutes later, Kate was all patched up. She climbed out and went inside, sitting by the radar in the main room and started plotting coordinates.

"I'm good." Allen said to T. He couldn't really hold it against him, what with him being a guest in their base. But with the way this ended out, he couldn't call Neil or Sumeragi and let either one of them known of the situations. Sure, they probably got some spies within the town but even that couldn't be enough. "Actually, you got something to drink? I got the feeling that i'ma need one in a bit."

T nodded and left, returning with a drink of water. "Here ya go." He said, setting it on the desk. Just then the front door opened and T left, leaving the door open. "Kate! What happened?"

Kate finished plotting the coordinates. "They set mines, they've got someone here, and we've got to find that spy. For now, we do NOT release any information on any movements unless needed until we find the culprit." She said. Her phone rang. "Yes? Oh..Hi dad. Tomorrow? Okay. I'll make sure to be there. No I haven't. Thanks." She hung up.
"Yes?"
"They opened the school tomorrow, busses will be running."
"WHAT?"
"I know." Kate rubbed her eyes. "They have to make everything harder.

As Allen took a sip of his drink, he got a text message from someone he knew at school that school was going to open tomorrow. Silently, he set down the drink and face-palmed. Things got complicated....massively complicated. He just couldn't walk into school with his evoker or else it would cause a misunderstanding. At the very most, he could hide his tonfas underneath a jacket or something....maybe that could work for the evoker as well.

Kate stood up and went back to the office. "Hey, we've got school tomorrow Allen." She said tiredly, picking up the small kitten. It was beginning to get dark. "Do you want anything? Something to eat, want to go home, anything?"

"I wouldn't mind heading home but with the way things are, that might not be a good idea." He started with a sigh. "I'm not sure if whatever you guys call those things hold deep grudges but that's beside the point. Still, I just can't walk to school with a katana. The pistol, evoker and tonfas are o.k. because I have a concealed weapons permit." He was more worried about those thing attacking the school and forcing him to expose his secrets.

Status
Not open for further replies.