Heroes: The Wonder Boy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shadow nodded, not particularly concerned with the "adult" end of the statement. As a reaper, he had little to no sexual interest, although if he needed to, he would use what charm he had to get information.

"Ah, I always hated flying.
Well, not so much flying as emerging from atmo.."
The Crinis said, shaking off a bit of nausea. For most of the trip, he remained fairly quiet.
That was until the mission was talked about.

"Do we have any intel on the pirates?"

"Well, we do know that they typically work for themselves, but have been known to take certain jobs for the sake of credits. So if we they are working for some one else, we'll find who is responsible, and you'll bring him, her, or it, to me alive if possible. As far as the pirates them selfs, they seem to consist mostly of sentients called, 'Siups' mostly covered in fur."

(Neither of you have ever heard of this race before)

"Some of them are capable of speaking English, but not many. Aach-Ti, I expect you remember how to communicate through the mind, so you'll need to do the talking. The symbol of the 'The last band of Freedom' is a prehistoric Crinis skull with cross bones. Know that they will take any exploit they can to survive, expect them to take hostilities if they believe you are affiliated with any type of law. Speaking of which, they will prey on anyone they think they can get away from stealing from. So it may be profitable to use that to your advantage. Their weapons are mostly stolen military beam rifles as well as crude metal guns. This is really speculation though, so expect anything."

She pauses for a moment, to take a breath then asks, "Would you happen to have any specific questions?"

"I do have one, why is their symbol a skull of my people?

And what in the world is a Sius for that matter?
I take pride in knowing about the universe and it's inhabitants.
Why would I have not heard of these people before?"

Aach-Ti asks, seeming almost offended. While the crinis is intelligent, even he did not know what the creatures were.

"I am glade you asked. This was one of the reasons why my theories where dismissed. They are a race thats been previously undiscovered.
The galactic governments would tell you that if there where any sentients left in the known galaxy we would have found them already, but only fools believe they understand everything.
The Crinis's skull however, I am uncertain. I suspect it may have to do with using Krodi as a symbol of defiance. If it means anything else, then I am unsure. Most records of the Crinis people where destroyed along with their least favorable member more than a century ago."

"Perhaps they simply find inspiration in your race, Aach-Ti. After all, Crinis-kind has come a long way from where they began, have they not?" Shadow suggested.

"Yes, they have, though it is more likely a symbol for defiance of one of the most powerful races.." Aach-Ti mumbles, "It would be like putting up a J-thakach maw. The bones of the greatest enemies make for intimidating symbols."

"I have no more questions"

"Interesting point my old student. Perhaps-"

Sek interrupted Mistress Blake other the ship's intercom, "Hey crew, remember when I said minutes? I kinda meant it'll take a few hours... yeah sorry about that." Mr. star interrupted Sek, "It's cause he's an idiot!" the two begin to bicker like brothers, unaware that they left the intercom open.

Mistress Blake smiles and says to Aach-Ti & Shadow, "It would be wise for us to rest for the remainder of the journey."
The crew retires to their own sleeping quarters. (The players may choose where ever they sleep) After eating sleeping, and taking care of any injuries they have. (When ever traveling through space, your physical needs & injuries will heal unless specified)

Several hours later, you hear an automatic voice message, "The destination you are seeking will be viable in *KKSSCCCKK*"
Sek starts shouting over the intercom, "ALL HANDS REPORT TO THE BRIDGE, ALL HANDS! PIRATES ARE ON THE STARBOARD SIDE AND COMING IN FAST!" The panic in his voice made it crack a little.

From your years with Mistress Blake, you recognize that the pirates approaching on the right side, will ussualy mean they want to board the ship.

Just before the automatic voice goes off, you hear thoughts in your own head but in a strangers voice in a male whisper, "Mine..."

As the thought of battle comes into your mind, you feel a sudden rush of energy flow through you. The thrill of battle gives you a strange feeling. You have fought people before, even killed, but this unexplainable rush happened only now.

Shadow listened as the two argued, seeing if he could perhaps pick up anything that he understood or learn something that he didn't about the ship, or perhaps just the tech in general.

As soon as he realized that only he had heard the voice in his head, he closed his eyes, teleporting to the area of the ship closest to the pirates. He concentrated his focus on seeing if he could hear anything else, and also seeing if he could detect how close the nearest room of the enemy ship was, and, in extent, if it were close enough for him to teleport to.

Ansel slowly made his way to the bridge, and as he walked, he began to laugh as a strange, unwarranted sense of euphoria came over him. Yes... Because battle was coming. And whether he liked it or not, it was what he was made for.

"Maybe.."

Aach-Ti reached out with his mind. Attempting to take control of the captain, he would destroy them from the inside out.

Mind Switch on the Captain.
Then using whatever weapons available to murder the person steering the ship, weapon functions, and anyone else he can before people realize what is going on.

After he is being attacked by his own crew, I will switch back, then attempt to do the same to any other warrior until there is an all out civil war.

Focusing your mind, you find a sentient being stting in a chair in the center of what you can guess is the cockpit. When you focus on the mind of the people in the other ship, you easily make your way into captain's body. When you do you find yourself in The captain's chair. it seems that the pirates are organized to control a complex ship like this.
"Sir, the target is off to our left, and above by roughly .82 kilometers in distance. Shall we commence boarding?" Before you could say anything, you hear, "Commence the boarding. Officer Tyken, keep the ship still." The armored man walks in front of you saying, "Keep the ship still." The man walks away, as you feel 'your' utility you have a handgun, and a communication device. Since Aach-Ti wanted the pilots taken out, and there are several of them, you take out the pistol and start firing at the five likely people in chairs.
BAM BAM BAMBAM BAM Aach-Ti wasn't sure about how the gun works beyond pointing and shooting, the rapid fire threw of your aim. Aach-Ti wounded the first three people hitting them in the back. The other two are either badly wounded, or killed.
At that point you hear the armored man brandish a blade and charge at 'you'. Aach-Ti switches back into his body as the blade started poking his back, presumably about to get gutted. Taking a breath ofter realizing you where seconds away from death.

When you phase through the ship you discover that the voice came from the port (left) side of the ship while the pirates are on the other side. By using your dark powers, you discover the ship is easily reachable through your deportation.

You make your way into to bridge. When you reach it, you find Mistress Blake, Aach-Ti, and Shadow are not some where else. Sek starts screaming in a semi panic, "Oh God, pirates what do we do What Do We Do!?! Ansel! We have pirates!"

Shadow hesitated after finding the origin of the voice. After weighing his options, he made his way to the port side of the ship and redoubled his efforts to sense anything else.

"Their captain is now dead. Wait for them to board, and set up an ambush. I will attempt to disrupt their lines.

Ansel! If I turn to kill anyone, please knock me unconscious."

Aach-Ti called out, readying his mind for another assault. This time, he looked for any explosives experts within their ranks. If there were none available, he would look for anyone operating a large weapon such as a turret, or a commander of the boarding crew.

"What? Why the hell would you do that? More importantly, how am I supposed to ambush them if I'm babysitting you?" Ansel's good mood immediately shifted down into annoyance.

You phase into the other side of the ship to find the lost voice. However try as you might, you detect nothing. Not even a trace of something telepathic.

As Ansel was speaking to you, you fall out of your own body and into another pirate's body. While switching bodies you hear some of the men shouting, "I repeat a telepath is aboard the target has mental powers that we can't defend ourself against! Send in anything you can to help us!"
'
You' are holding what looks like to be an arm cannon on your left arm, you have no idea how powerful this thing is, but 'your' reflexes know how to fire the weapon. There are 5 other pirates aboard the bridge, about to make their way to the boarding zone, where ever that may be. The Armored man from before approaches shouting, "Mind Warrior! I know you are among the ship! Face me in honorable combat!"

Aach-Ti stares into open space for a moment, and when he comes to, he says, "Calmatooksnan! Keplaytoonick!" He looks at you and is started for a moment. He points his left arm for a moment, but looks confused at it.
So Aach-Ti punches at you.

Ansel backhands Aach-Ti with what he's fairly certain is less than lethal force.

After making sure that the Crinis was unconscious, he looked to the others on the bridge. "Alright, can I go whip some ass now or what?"

After continuing to search for a moment, Shadow teleported back across and then into the room on the enemy ship, immediately surveying his surroundings.

"Honorable combat? Funny thing coming from a pirate.!" Aach-Ti shouts in the other man's body, firing upon whomever was near. After a moment or two, the Crinis will float back into his body and answer Ansel.

"If we can hurt them without them doing any damage to us, then wonderful. If you are so inclined to be torn to bits by the pirates, then have the Reaper show you to their room.." He said defiantly. Telling Shadow to deliver the 'package', to our guests, by which he meant Ansel. After saying that, he will take control of the one who was speaking, using his body to slaughter even more pirates.

Mr. Star looks at you and pauses. Sek turned around and did the exact same thing. They both star for a moment, then Sek says, "Mr. Star, would you like to join him?"
"What me? Your the one who knows how to fight!"
"Your the one who has actual experience!"
"Your the on who knows this man better!"

At that moment, Mistress Blake enters the room, "We can not afford to waist more time! Both of you should go with Ansel!"
"Grandma, we can't! Not unless you want the ship to fall apart while being boarded in atmosphere! One of us needs to keep the ship together."

She turns to you, "Ansel, pick which ever one you wish to accompany you. The other shall keep the ship stable. And Hurry!"

Just then Aach-Ti starts screaming in terrible pain. He starts gasping out a sentence, "If we can hurt them without them doing any damage to us, then wonderful. If you are so inclined to be torn to bits by the pirates, then have the Reaper show you to their room..."
Mistress Blake says to you, "Choose, and they will follow you into battle." She goes to attend to Aach-Ti

You fire the arm cannon at the nearest person, and you see nothing but a green light. You return to your body, screaming in pain, the shock of death made you come out of your unconsciousness. Normally this would not happen, but some unexplained event threw you through a loop.

After saying, "If we can hurt them without them doing any damage to us, then wonderful. If you are so inclined to be torn to bits by the pirates, then have the Reaper show you to their room..."
As you take a moment to switch into the armored man's body, you discover there is no mind to switch.
"Aach-Ti, dearest, take a moment to relax, some one tried to disrupt your connection through the mind.Whom ever this is, they are not an armature."

As you fade into the other ship, you see a chard mess of bodies and burn marks on the floor. The only thing standing was an Armored Man. He was staring strait at you, despite your hiding under a control panel.
One of the wounded on the floor starts screaming in fear, "By the Kalamaun Herself, It's A Demon! The hellishe fire let you come, and you are here for our-" The armored man phased in and out of existence silting the throat of the pirate.

"You there!" He barked at you, "I challenge you, one warrior to another, in honorable combat!"

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.