Her Guardian Angel

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I'm a size 8." Kaitlyn told the man.

The skates were handed to them and Kate put them on. "Do you need help with yours, Kaitlyn?"

"I do, do you mind?" Kaitlyn asked, looking shy.

Kate shook her head after finishing her own laces. "Not at all." She helped Kaitlyn put them on. "Is that tight enough?" She reached up, grabbing the wall to help herself stand up. She wobbled a little bit before regaining her balance. She offered her hand to Kaitlyn. "If they are, let me help you get up."

Kaitlyn took her head and shakily stood up. She felt like she was going to fall.

"Careful now, I'm gonna lead you to the rink..watch your step.." she helped Kaitlyn onto the rink, hugging the wall herself. "It's been awhile since I've roller bladed."

Kaitlyn almost fell a few times but managed to regain her balance. She started to skate with Kate, smiling.

"Having fun?" Kate asked once she regained her confidence and was skating backwards in front of Kaitlyn. "My mom taught me how to skate when I was really little."

"That must have been nice. I saw your mother in Heaven. She's a lovely woman." Kaitlyn said, skating with some confidence but not much.

"Yeah it was." Kate paused. "Wait, You-you saw my mom?"

Kaitlyn nodded. "She likes to pass out cookies to the angels."

Kate smiled. "She always loved her cookies." She started to turn around but quickly pulled Kaitlyn to the side as a boy passed, chasing after a young girl. "That was close." She muttered under her breath. I didn't know he was here. She thought to herself. "Sorry about that." She told Kaitlyn, leading her back to the wall.

"It's fine." Kaitlyn said. "Who was that?"

"That was the town bully. As long as he's busy with someone else or he doesn't see us, we're fine." She gave a half-hearted smile. "He usually doesn't bother me, not after what happened last time." She was going to stop there, but then she remembered Kaitlyn didn't know. "He pushed me into a locker, and I kicked him in the leg. He couldn't walk straight for three weeks."

"I see..." Kaitlyn said. She stared at the bully with unseeing eyes. It was quite unnerving.

Kate glanced around, a relieved sigh escaping from her brightened face. "But he doesn't have the whole team here, so we're pretty much safe zoned right now."

"Alright." Kaitlyn said. She would take care of him if he tried to hurt Kate.

Kate smiled. "Glad you understand." She twirled around carefully, trying to keep her balance. "Yippee.."

"Are you not having fun?" Kaitlyn asked.

"Of course I am. I was trying to keep my balance." She went into another twirl but ended up hitting the wall, almost falling. "Whoops." She laughed a little. "That caught me."

Status
Not open for further replies.