Her Guardian Angel

Status
Not open for further replies.
"You're not hurt, are you?" Kaitlyn asked, concerned.

"No, I'm fine, I just forgot how close I was to the wall." Kate seemed completely unaware that she could have actually been hurt. She skated around a little before returning to the wall. "This brings back so many memories..I never thought I'd be here again." She chuckled, her face brightened with a rare smile.

"We should come here often." Kaitlyn said. She smiled, glad that Kate was happy.

Kate nodded. "I think we shall." She glanced over to the door that just opened and some more people came in. "Anything else you can think of you've heard of?"

Kaitlyn shook her head. "No."

"Okay." She smiled as she led Kaitlyn over to a less crowded part of the rink. "Are you having fun?" Kate asked, watching her carefully.

"Mmhmm." Kaitlyn said. She wasn't moving much, afraid to fall since she couldn't see where she was going.

"Okay." Kate took Kaitlyn's hand, pulling her into a circle, laughing. "Is this okay?" she asked as she stopped, bringing Kaitlyn back to a slow halt.

"That... that was like flying except on the ground." Kaitlyn said, holding onto Kate's hands.

Kate smiled. "I guess so." She looked around, skating in circles.

Kaitlyn kept close to her.

Kate looked over and noticed the bully was moving over to their section. "Uhh..why don't we head on down the street. We could find something else to do for a little while if you'd like." She kept her happy mood up, the only difference in her actions was the fact she had one eye on the bully and instead of skating in wide circles began slow circles around Kaitlyn.

Kaitlyn nodded and grabbed Kate's hand. "I heard about this thing called a mall..." She said.

Kate led her out, handing their skates to the man at the door. "Sure, we can go there." She practically skipped down the next few blocks to the mall. "It's a big building with many stores." She said as she opened the door. It was unusually quiet, but there were still plenty of people. She led Kaitlyn past the food court into a long hallway lined with stores. "Hmmm...which to first..."

"What's your favorite store? We should go there first." Kaitlyn said.

Kate thought for a moment before leading Kaitlyn towards a store labeled 'G is for Goddess.' Inside where racks of blue, white, gold, and red clothes. "One of my favorite stores when I was younger. I don't usually shop now.." She went over to a rack with blue and white striped shirts with a little gold belt. "Kaitlyn, how would you like a blue and white shirt with a gold belt?" She asked, flipping through the sizes. "I think you'd look pretty awesome in one...what's your size?"

"Size?" Kaitlyn asked. "What do you mean? How much I weigh or how tall I am?"

"Do you know what size shirt you wear? Do you know?" She asked while moving to a rack across aisle. It had dark blue shirts with a red logo that said 'Star' in drippy letters with gold outlines. She pulled one off in her size and held it over her arm before walking back over to the blue and white striped shirts.

Kaitlyn shook her head. "We didn't need to know those things in heaven."

Kate smiled. "Here, mind if I check the tag on your shirt?" She asked, placing a hand on Kaitlyn's shoulder.

Status
Not open for further replies.