Her Guardian Angel

Status
Not open for further replies.
((It's fine. I was off driving with my dad anyway.))

"It gets boring after seeing it so many times." Kaitlyn landed with small flaps of her wings. She set Kate down and her wings disappeared. "Would you mind if I stayed with you tonight? I'm worried the demons will attack you when you aren't protected."

Kate shook her head. "I wouldn't mind, my parents don't care, so sure, you can stay." She opened the door with the key that was around her neck and let them both in, leading Kaitlyn to her room. "Tada." She said sarcastically when she opened her door. A bed was in the far left, a dresser at it's foot, and a small desk across in the far right. "Not much, but it's home."

"It's very nice." Kaitlyn said. She walked over to the desk, looking it over.

"Really?" Kate had always tried to be very simple, waiting until she could get away from her foster parents. They weren't home at the moment, so she was very relaxed. Setting her backpack down, she opened her dresser, pulling out a sleeping bag, a mat, and a pillow from the bottom and setting them out, sliding them under the bed for easy access later. "Anything you want to do?"

"I have never interacted with a human before... I'm not sure what there is to do." Kaitlyn said, feeling around so that she didn't bump into anything.

"Hmm...okay. Let's see.." She looked around, rummaging through a few things. "I don't know." She paused for a second. "Nice." She muttered as a distinct car door slammed outside. "That's my foster parents. Stay here please, while I meet them at the door." She stumbled out, trying to fix her hair and make herself look nice.

Kaitlyn nodded. "If they try to hurt you, you call for me. I'll be right there to protect you." She said, picking up an etch and sketch.

She smiled as she started down the stairs, greeting them at the door. "Good afternoon Mr. and Mrs. Rasti."
"Whatever."
"I've got a friend upstairs..."
"Go away." They went into the kitchen, making a bunch of noise. Kate shrugged, heading back upstairs.
"That's my parents." She mumbled.

"I noticed. God has them on his list." Kaitlyn said. She was sketching a picture of Kate with the old toy.

"On-on his list? Like..are they gonna die soon?" She asked, slight worry in her voice, but no compassion.

"No. It's just his list of people who've hardened their hearts against him. It's a pretty short list. You're on his list of children, or people who'll go to Heaven when they die." Kaitlyn said, finishing the picture and showing it to Kate. It was Kate smiling.

She smiled a little at the picture. "Okay." She looked around again, before suddenly turning to face Kaitlyn. "If you're umm...blind, then how can you draw?"

"I can hear the little needle moving inside the thing." Kaitlyn said. "I just can't draw with normal paper and pencils or computers."

"Oooh, okay." She glanced around again, picking up a few sticks of clay. "Can you use model clay?" She asked, assembling the clay in color order and picking up a half-finished sculpture from beside her bed and started working on it.

"I can try..." The angel said. Kaitlyn picked up a red clay and started to mold it in her hands.

Kate smiled as her figurine of a small dog began to actually look like a dog. "I love modeling clay."

"That's good. Are you going to make sculptures?" Kaitlyn asked. She finished with the clay, setting it down. It was supposed to be a heart but ended up looking very lopsided and smushed.

Kate shrugged. "I don't know. That's a very pretty heart by the way." She truly thought it was, considering her twisted imaginative view of things. It reminded her of how her heart felt when she first heard of her parent's death. "I just know I love the feel of clay, the way you can make it into whatever you want."

"It is sort of like how the human can shape their personality based on how they are molded." Kaitlyn said, listening to Kate make her sculptures.

She paused. "That..that's right." She was amazed at how Kaitlyn could put emotions in words so well, then she remembered she was an angel. Kate got up, opening her window before going back to her dog, finishing the tail. "Here." She handed the dog to Kaitlyn. "You keep it. It's loyal, caring, and a good friend, like you." She smiled a little. She finally had a friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.