Helswane Dungeon

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Right, move on? Or roleplay?

I'm imagining letting the roleplay occur primarily inbetween dungeons XD. (i want level 2)

Trying to get hold of Grumpy. We'll need him for the next bit.

Well, I've posted. Lets hope that Frost and Grumpy feel a strange compulsion to log in to Iwaku now...

No such luck I'm afraid; was off watching a play.

Anyways, first things first. CHECK FOR TRAPS.

I await your dice roll. >:|

EDIT: Screw it, I'll do it myself and tell you what you find.

EDIT EDIT: GODDAM IT, GRUMPY! PUT SOME SKILL POINTS IN SEARCH! WHAT KINDA ROGUE FAILS ON A 17??!

EDIT EDIT EDIT: Mallow! What use is a Dwarf if your stonecunning fails?!

EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT: Since Darius was assisting, I'll let you find a few clues, but you still fucked up on the disable roll. I'll be nice and not have the gribblies fall directly on your heads.

Right. Action time.

I've a +2 bonus for it courtesy of mah stats, don't I?

Oh well, combat it is. Garrick will back up and shoot the one on the right.

I'm gonna be gone most of today and part of the weekend guys, use Jace however you want.

Just a quick question, how would i go about hitting one of these fools? they are 10 feet in the air, so you mean they are 2 squares above us, right? Meaning any melee wouldn't be able to hit? I planned on throwing my axe btw, but is there any way we could hit them in melee while they are that high?

Edit: (My attack roll for thrown wep or otherwise. Either way it hit.)
[Mallow has rolled 1 10-sided dice with results: 2 [Total: 2 Average: 2]]
Mallow: Rolling damage (1d10 + 3 str) -07:54 Jul 27
Mallow: Woo hit -07:54 Jul 27
[Mallow has rolled 1 20-sided dice with results: 17 [Total: 17 Average: 17]]
Mallow: Rolling to hit a tentacle bird thing. -07:54 Jul 27

Hey, sorry for ot being on the last two days, I just started my new job (I'm a butcher), and I work pretty late, so I end up coming home exhausted. I'll try to get on in the mornings.

Ah, it all makes sense now.

Sorry, Doc, I assumed with our 5ft reach we'd be able to melee them. But then I forgot that you were a stunty little Dwarf.

Dun worry. I'm sure they'll come down to your level soon.

Hey hey hey, I'm considered sized Normal, thank you! Would I be able to reach it?? When you say 10 ft, I thought you meant 10 ft reach away

You're a 4ft dwarf with a 5ft reach... unless you're saying you're taller?

Okay, I've described Mallow, Jace and the Monster's rounds, plus my next one. We're now in magical darkness... so 20% chance of missing with your swings.

Frost, am I right in thinking you need a Concentration Check to keep casting?

If I was struck in combat (which I wasn't), I'd have to make a Concentration check. I can cast a summon just fine in complete darkness.

Okay.

Next round is open. Don't worry about initiative.

Once we get past these things we'll be on to the Level 1 finale.

Would the non-axed Darkmantle like to take 3 damage? Don't think that's enough to kill it, but it's sure as fuck a start.

[Garrick Proudfoot has rolled 1 6-sided dice with results: 3 [Total: 3 Average: 3]]
Garrick Proudfoot: Rollan damage. (1d6) -10:00 Jul 28
Garrick Proudfoot: FUCK YEAH. -09:59 Jul 28
[Garrick Proudfoot has rolled 1 100-sided dice with results: 45 [Total: 45 Average: 45]]
Garrick Proudfoot: Booya. Now percentage roll. -09:59 Jul 28
[Garrick Proudfoot has rolled 1 20-sided dice with results: 19 [Total: 19 Average: 19]]
Garrick Proudfoot: It's got AC17 and Darkness is in effect, so even if I hit I'll have to make a percentage roll. Garrick has a +5 to the shot. -09:59 Jul 28
Garrick Proudfoot: Okay-dokays, gonna shoot at the non-injured Darkmantle, see if I can't do some damage. -09:58 Jul 28

Okay, I'm taking a plane trip tomorrow and may be out of contact for a few days.

So if we can kill these Darkmantles, then I can get the Level 1 finale set up and you can have at it until I'm back online.