LURKER MEMBER
MYTHICAL MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. Speed of Light
Writing Levels
  1. Douche
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
An island discovered in the Helswane Sea, its cliffs inpenetrable.

A cave, spotted by fishermen, leading to a dungeon entrance.

An expedition, ordered by the king.

A ship, filled with soldiers, volunteers and convicts.

An adventure that will be unforgettable.

RULES

-This adventure will use 3.5 edition rules.

-Starting Level is 1. Starting gold is found here. Use the figure in brackets.

-Stats will be rolled by myself, using 4D6 and removing the lowest. You may ask for 1 complete re-roll only.

-I know the core rules only. Supplements make me angry and intolerant. Anyone who wants me to download additional rules will be incinerated.

-Powergamers will be ridiculed then incinerated.

-The dungeon will feature collosal caverns, settlements and open-air sections, so there's no harm in playing Druids/Rangers/Pick-pocketers.

-Shops will be available in certain caverns/sections, so hoard that gold like a pro.

-Any alignment is welcome, and if PvP combat spills out I won't intervene.

-If you "die", you will suffer D6 damage to D6 stats before recovery. Harsh, but that's death for ya.

We'll be using the Dice Box for our rolls. It can be found here.

When writing a post, use the dice box for any rolls you have to make. The code is /roll _d_, with the first space being the number of dice, and the second space being the type of dice. For example /roll 1d6, /roll 1d20, etc. Both numbers are needed for the code to work.

DO NOT USE A CAPITAL D. ONLY A LOWER CASE D WILL MAKE THE ROLLER WORK.

All rolls must have a description posted first, so that anyone who reads the dice box can see what you're rolling for. Also include your bonuses in this description (see example).

You can make test rolls if you like. Just post the word "TEST" before you make the roll.

I will be checking the dice box logs when I read your posts. Any rolls that don't fit what you've posted or don't have a description before them in the Dice Box will be assumed invalid and I will penalise you in-game for being a big cheating poopy head.

attachment.php

IC

Darius Castablane
Human Paladin (1), Lawful Good

<table><tr><td>STR: <td>16...(+3)...<td>FORT: <td>+6<tr><td>DEX: <td>14...(+2)...<td>REF: <td>+2
<tr><td>CON: <td>16...(+3)...<td>WILL: <td>+3
<tr><td>INT: <td>16...(+3)...<td>HP:<td>13 (11)<tr><td>WIS: <td>16...(+3)...<td>BAB:<td>+1<td>(+3 Str bonus)<tr><td>CHA: <td>17...(+3)...</td><td>AC:<td>21<td>(+7 Armour, +2 Shield)</tr></table>
<table><tr><td>On person... (Weight 76lb)<td>In Backpack... (Weight 21lb)
<tr><td>Half Plate Armour
Heavy Steel Shield with spikes
Warhammer
Holy Symbol (silver)
</td><td>Backpack
Bedroll & blanket
Chalk x10
Flint & Steel
Common lantern
Trail rations x3
Waterskin
Flask of Holy Water
Flask of Acid

MONEY: 105g, 7s.</td></tr></table>
ACP -9 with shield and armour

Concentration (Con)......5 ranks
Diplomacy (Cha)......4 ranks
Handle Animal (Cha)......0 ranks
Heal (Wis)......4 ranks
Knowlege - nobility/royalty (Int)......1 ranks
Knowlege - religion (Int)......3 ranks
Profession - military corporal (Wis)......2 ranks
Ride (Dex)......1 ranks
Sense Motive (Wis)......4 ranks
Languages: Common, Elven, Goblin, Dwarven

Proficiencies: Simple, Martial, All Armour, Shields

Human (+1 Skill point per level)

Detect Evil
Aura of Good
Smite Evil 1/day
Power Attack
Shield Bash
Darius is a corporal in the Royal Army, trained as a holy healer and infantry leader. He has shown much promise and has been assigned to assist the captain of the expedition. He leaves behind a loving family and a home he cherishes.

Experience: 750

Behold, one cultist in the party. Note: he's an Evil cultist, and cannot spontaneously cast Cure spells. Might want to look for a real healer. He's the type of "Lawful Evil" with a code of honor, and responds well to concepts like "loyalty" and "duty", which might help him in a party with a Paladin in it. He's not the type to fuck over the party, as that would... well, be a suicidally unwise move.

Name: Jonathan Lindon
Race: Human
Class: Cleric
Level: 1
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Languages: Common, Infernal, Abyssal.
XP: 270
Money: 48gp, 9sil.

[SPOILI]
Str: 9 | -1
Dex: 13 | +1
Con: 10 | +0
Int: 15 | +2
Wis: 17 | +3
Cha: 16 | +3

HP: 8
BAB: +0
AC: 14 | 10 | 1 | 3
Fort: +2 | 2 | 0 | 0
Ref: +1 | 0 | 1 | 0
Will: +5 | 2 | 3 | 0

Feats:
- Rapid Reload (Light Crossbow): The time required for you to reload your chosen type of crossbow is reduced to a free action (for a hand or light crossbow) or a move action (for a heavy crossbow). Reloading a crossbow still provokes an attack of opportunity.
- Scribe Scroll: You can create a scroll of any spell that you know. Scribing a scroll takes one day for each 1,000 gp in its base price. The base price of a scroll is its spell level × its caster level × 25 gp. To scribe a scroll, you must spend 1/25 of this base price in XP and use up raw materials costing one-half of this base price.

Racial:
- Humanoid (Human)
- Medium: As Medium creatures, humans have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Human base land speed is 30 feet.
- 1 extra feat at 1st level.
- 4 extra skill points at 1st level and 1 extra skill point at each additional level.
- Automatic Language: Common. Bonus Languages: Any (other than secret languages, such as Druidic). See the Speak Language skill.
- Favored Class: Any. When determining whether a multiclass human takes an experience point penalty, his or her highest-level class does not count.

Class Abilities:
- Aura (Ex): A cleric of a chaotic, evil, good, or lawful deity has a particularly powerful aura corresponding to the deity's alignment (see the detect evil spell for details). Clerics who don't worship a specific deity but choose the Chaotic, Evil, Good, or Lawful domain have a similarly powerful aura of the corresponding alignment.
- Domain (Summoner): You cast all conjuration (summoning) and conjuration (calling) spells at +2 caster level.
- Domain (Magic): Use scrolls, wands, and other devices with spell completion or spell trigger activation as a wizard of one-half your cleric level (at least 1st level). For the purpose of using a scroll or other magic device, if you are also a wizard, actual wizard levels and these effective wizard levels stack.
- Rebuke/Control Undead: A cleric may attempt to turn undead a number of times per day equal to 3 + his Charisma modifier. A cleric with 5 or more ranks in Knowledge (religion) gets a +2 bonus on turning checks against undead.

Skills:
Concentration (Con): +0 | 0 | 0 | 0
Craft: Poisons (Int): +4 | 2 | 2 | 0
Diplomacy (Cha): +3 | 3 | 0 | 0
Heal (Wis): +7 | 3 | 4 | 0
Knowledge (arcana) (Int): +4 | 2 | 2 | 0
Knowledge (history) (Int): +4 | 2 | 2 | 0
Knowledge (religion) (Int): +4 | 2 | 2 | 0
Knowledge (the planes) (Int): +4 | 2 | 2 | 0
Profession: Gardener (Wis): +5 | 3 | 2 | 0
Spellcraft (Int): +6 | 2 | 4 | 0

Equipment:
- Morningstar.
- Light Crossbow.
- Dagger.
- Studded Leather.
- Wooden Unholy Symbol.
- Wizard's Spellbook (Cantrips).
- Spell Component Pouch.
- Scroll of Cure Light Wounds x3.
- Bag x2.
- Backpack.
- Bedroll.

Spells: 3/2+1
Orisons:
- Light*: Object shines like a torch.
- Cure Minor Wounds**: Cures 1 point of damage.

1st-Level:
- Summon Monster I**: Calls extraplanar creature to fight for you.
- Cause Fear*: One creature of 5 HD or less flees for 1d4 rounds.

[/SPOILI]
Jonathan is so sick of losing. The son of a farmer miles from where the dungeon was found - it stormed heavily during his birth, and the superstitious farmers considered that a horrible omen that the child was destined towards evil. So they treated it as such: every mistake, every childish prank, every case of poor judgement was met with harsh punishment.

Gangly and blond-haired, the youth was restricted in what he was allowed to do by his parents. Not wanting to give Jonathan any strength, they allowed him only to garden: not farm. His responsibility was the small garden of herbs - it was the only place, only area where he gained some manner of recognition - kindness from his parents. They even encouraged him to add more plants to it, which the child did.

He managed to continue in such a manner until his teenage years. The other children had been warned by their parents to stay away from him, which of course led to a few of them sneaking through to find out why. What they instead found was someone starving for companionship, and it wasn't long until he made a few friends. His small group wandered around at night, pretending to be mighty heroes. Jonathan always took the role of the 'wizard' characters, and his friends would encourage that. On his birthday - normally a somber day of quiet contemplation, his friends would sneak him books bought from the halfling caravans. From them, he would travel far from his farm and his parents.

At least until the day his parents found the books. Horrified at the thought of their son becoming something more powerful than a gardener, the two beat him senseless, and then burned each and every book in front of him. It was storming outside that day - when Jonathan finally snapped. The 'omen' had only managed to fulfill itself, as the very garden they restricted him to became their deaths - by the use of a completely natural mix of herbs and insect venom brewed into a painful... and lethal... poison. He fled after that.

It took less than a month for the cult to recruit him. A fledgling group of folks dedicated not to a deity, but to power and magic itself. The miracles that they showed Jonathan captured his heart, and he soon made new friends in the cult. They were impressed with the youth's eagerness, and encouraged it within him. They became his new family - a small group dedicated to gathering power, then sharing it with their allies for more power.

It was there that he grew up, once more with a small garden entirely for toxins and poisons, which the cult made great use of. He scribed scrolls with them and learned how magic items were meant to be used. He rose in the ranks, becoming the right-hand man of the cult's leader, who had become a true father to the youth. Like all things in his life, however, this wasn't about to last.

An adventuring group made up entirely of Jonathan's childhood friends attacked the cult's stronghold. Appearantly, the farmers had learned of the cult's activities and they had gone to exterminate them on their own initiative. A useless endeavor - the cult had no interest in farmers or making their lives harder - it was noble status that they were after. Yet, the small adventuring group made short work of the new family, much to Jonathan's dismay. They came upon the chamber where the cult's leader lay, his murderers standing over him... and once more, Jonathan snapped. Calling upon the denizens of the Nine Hells, infernal rats struggled into the world and tore apart what were once his friends, weakened by their struggles through the other cultists.

It was then that Jonathan was truely alone. He cleared out the bodies, turning the cult hideout into a home for one. He thought about friendship, and the stories he used to read. Was he one of the villains from the books, or like he used to imagine beating up in his friends' imaginary world? What if he really was some being destined towards evil? Would he ever be able to find peace?

When he heard of the opened dungeon, his mind opened up. If he couldn't find peace, he'd make peace - with whatever magic he could find in that dungeon. Perhaps a legion of undead and devils, and he'd tear a kingdom out from everyone who hated him. He'd rise to the very top, and then he could be happy, he was sure of it. Gathering his things, he turned and made his way towards the village.

At the time, a storm thundered across the area.

Mallow Sanguine
Dwarf Fighter (1) Neutral Good

STR16+3Fort+5 (2 Base + 3 Con)
DEX14+2Ref+2 (0 Base + 2 Dex)
CON16 (14 Base + 2 Racial)+3Will+0
INT12+1HP13 | 2
WIS10+0BAB+5 (1 Base + 3 Str + 1 Wep Focus)
CHA10 (12 Base - 2 Racial)+0AC+18 (10 Base + 5 Armor + 1 Shield + 2 Dex)

<tbody>
</tbody>
Equipped
43 lb.
In Pack
33 lb.
Dwarven Waraxe
(1d10 30gp 8 lb. Crit x3)

Breastplate
(AC +5 200 gp 30 lb.)

Buckler
(AC +1 15 gp 5 lb.)

Current Load: Light (76 lb. or less)
Backpack
(2gp 2 lb.)

Bedroll
(1sp 5 lb.)

Flint and Steel
(1 gp)

Trail Rations x4
(2 gp 4 lb.)

Waterskin
(1 gp 4 lb.)

50 ft. Hemp rope
(1 gp 10 lb.)

Miner's Pick
(3 gp 10 lb.)

Money 152 gp 4 sp

<tbody>
</tbody>

ACP -5 With Armor and Buckler

Example: Skill (Mod) TotalRanks (Skill points + Mod)

Craft (Int)
Climb (Str) 5 Ranks (2 + 3)
Jump (Str) 4 Ranks (1 + 3)
Swim (Str) 4 Ranks (1 + 3)
Handle Animal (Cha)
Intimidate (Cha) 1 Ranks (1 + 0)
Ride (Dex) 3 Ranks (1+2)
Use Rope (Dex) 4 Ranks (2 + 2)
Search (Int) 5 Ranks (4 + 1)

Languages: Common, Dwarven, Gnome

Proficiencies: Simple, Martial, Dwarven (Racial), All Armor and Shields

Darkvision: see in the dark up to 60 feet. Darkvision is black and white only
Stonecunning: +2 racial bonus on Search checks to notice unusual stonework
Weapon Familiarity: Dwarves may treat dwarven waraxes and dwarven urgroshes as martial weapons, rather than exotic weapons
Stability: +4 bonus on ability checks made to resist being bull rushed or tripped when standing on the ground

+2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison
+2 racial bonus on saving throws against spells and spell-like effects
+1 racial bonus on attack rolls against orcs and goblinoids
+4 dodge bonus to Armor Class against monsters of the giant type
+2 racial bonus on Appraise checks that are related to stone or metal items
+2 racial bonus on Craft checks that are related to stone or metal

Weapon Focus (Dwarven Waraxe)
Power Attack

Art of my OC Mallow Sanguine, Dwarf Fighter (27) Neutral Good, done by Leah Keeler http://keelerleah.deviantart.com/
downloadfile-1.jpg

Mallow is a Dwarf Fighter from the Treasure Hunter's Guild. He heard about this expedition and joined up immediately in search of rare and valuable treasure.

EXP: 750

Actually, bollocks to it; I'm making a character anyhoo, on the off-chance I can still get involved. We seem to be lacking on the stealth front, so here's a Rogue. Also I'm stealing your fancy formatting, Asmo. Call it me getting into character or something.

diceroll_proof_2-1.jpg

GARRICK PROUDFOOT
Halfling Rogue (1), Chaotic Good

<table><tr><td>STR: <td>10 (+0)..........<td>FORT: <td>+2<tr><td>DEX: <td>19 (+4)..........<td>REF: <td>+9
<tr><td>CON: <td>12 (+1)..........<td>WILL: <td>+2
<tr><td>INT: <td>14 (+2)..........<td>HP:<td>7 / 7<tr><td>WIS: <td>12 (+1)..........<td>BAB:<td>+1<td>...<tr><td>CHA: <td>13 (+1)</td><td>AC:<td>17<td>(13 Flatfooted, 15 Touch)</tr></table>
<table><tr><td>On person...<td>In Backpack...
<tr><td>Leather Armour
Rapier
Crossbow, Light
Crossbow Bolts (40)
Acid Flask (2)
Masterwork Javelin
</td><td>Backpack
Bedroll
Caltrops
Crowbar
Grappling Hook
Rope, Silk
Torch (2)
Waterskin
Thieves' Tools
Trail Rations (4)
Lute
Flint & Steel

MONEY: 141gp, 13sp, 8cp.
TOTAL WEIGHT: 43.6lb. (MED)</td></tr></table>
Appraise +3 (1 Rank, +2 Mod)
Balance +2 (1 Rank, +4 Ability Mod, -3 Misc Mod)
Bluff +4 (3 Rank, +1 Mod)
Climb +2 (3 Rank, -1 Misc Mod)
Concentration +1 (+1 Mod)
Control Shape +1 (+1 Mod)
Diplomacy +5 (4 Rank, +1 Mod)
Disable Device +6 (4 Rank, +2 Mod)
Disguise +3 (2 Rank, +1 Mod)
Escape Artist +1 (+1 Mod)
Forgery +2 (+2 Mod)
Gather Information +2 (1 Rank, +1 Mod)
Heal +1 (+1 Mod)
Hide +8 (3 Rank, +4 Ability Mod, +1 Misc Mod)
Intimidate +4 (3 Rank, +1 Mod)
Jump -3 (4 Rank, -7 Misc Mod)
Knowledge (Dungeoneering) +3 (1 Rank, +2 Mod)
Listen +3 (+1 Ability Mod, +2 Misc Mod)
Move Silently +4 (1 Rank, +4 Ability Mod, -1 Misc Mod)
Open Lock +8 (4 Rank, +4 Mod)
Perform:
- Act +1
- Comedy +1
- Dance +1
- Keyboard Instruments +1
- Oratory +1
- Percussion +1
- Sing +1
- String Instruments +3 (2 Rank, +1 Mod)
- Wind Instruments +1
Ride +4 (+4 Mod)
Search +2 (+2 Mod)
Sense Motive +1 (+1 Mod)
Spot +1 (+1 Mod)
Survival +1 (+1 Mod)
Swim -6 (-6 Misc Mod)
Use Rope +6 (+4 Ability Mod, +2 Misc Mod)
Languages: Common, Elven, Goblin, Dwarven

Proficiencies: Light Armour, Simple Weapon

Lightning Reflexes
Sneak Attack +1d6
Trapfinding
[size=+1]Garrick Proudfoot is an entertainer, sneak-thief and opportunist with something of a conscience, caught during a botched robbery after his accomplices abandoned him for the guards. As a convicted thief he was offered the choice between imprisonment or service to the Crown by taking part in an expedition to a newly discovered island.

He chose service to the Crown. The prospect of jail didn't exactly thrill him, and the chance for adventure and potential profit enticed him.[/size]

Experience: 750

Character: Jace Di'Artige FFTKnightMale.png
Class: 1st Level Cleric
Race: Human
Alignment: Lawful Good
Deity: Heironeous
Domains: War and Healing
Height: 5'11''
Physical Desc: Blue eyes, darker blonde hair, white skin
Languages: Common, Celestial, Goblin

Stats:
[SPOILI]STR 13 | +1
DEX 12 | +1
CON 15 | +2
INT 14 | +2
WIS 15 | +2
CHA 13 | 1

FORT +4 (2 base, 2 abil mod)
REF +1 (0 base, 1 abil mod)
WILL +4 (2 base, 2 abil mod)

BAB: +0
GRAPPLE: +1 (str mod)
INIT: +1
AC: 17 (10 base, 4 armor, 2 shield, 1 dex) -- 11 Touch, 16 Flat-footed
[/SPOILI]

Equipment:

[SPOILI]Longsword
Scale Mail
Heavy Steel Shield

Backpack, Bedroll, Wooden Holy symbol, Flint and Steel, Torch x 3, Trail Rations x3, Waterskin

Current Load: 68 lb
Current Wealth: 34 gp
[/SPOILI]

Feats and Skills:

[SPOILI]
[Feats]Weapon Proficiency and Focus (Longsword)
--Bonus from worshiping Heironeous

Self Sufficient (+2 heal/survival checks)

Toughness (+3 Hp)

[Skills]
Concentration: +4 (2 ranks, 2 A.M.)
Craft: +2 (2 A.M.)
Diplomacy: +3 (2 ranks, 1 A.M.)
Heal: +8 (4 ranks, 2 A.M., 2 feat)
Knowledge (Arcana): +2 (2 A.M.)
Knowledge (History): +2 (2 A.M.)
Knowledge (Religion): +6 (4 ranks, 2 A.M.)
Knowledge (The Planes): +2 (2 A.M.)
Listen: +4 (2 ranks, 2 A.M.)
Profession(Scribe): +2 (2 A.M.)
Spellcraft: +4 (2 ranks, 2 A.M.)
Spot: +4 (2 ranks, 2 A.M.)
Survival: +6 (2 ranks, 2 A.M., 2 feat)
[/SPOILI]

Background:
[SPOILI]Raised in a lower noble family, starting at an early age he found himself ill at ease with the lifestyle of nobility and spent a great deal of time under prayer at the grand church of the capital. Under guidance of several prominent figures in his life, he spent his excess time preparing his body and serving at local clinics around the city notably guided by the church. At the age of 18 he was recruited into the order for his devotion and fortitude. Sent into Helswane with one of the preliminary scouting parties.[/SPOILI]

Oh lawd, two Lawful Good characters.

I'm gonna need to be extra-sneaky when I'm stealing everything not nailed down and prying everything else up with my crowbar.

Sorry for the mass delete. I just wanted all the character sheets in a row.[/OCD]

Well, I share the 'Lawful' tilt with our Paladin and Cleric, so hopefully they understand I'm an honorable sort and hold off on the judgement until we're out of danger - after all, every bit of help is pretty handy. Lindon doesn't intend to betray the party (he has a lot more self-preservation instinct than that, as well as actual morals in there).

Hopefully our good characters will see that and let him tag along for the greater good of mutual survival.

So, I've been pretty much available all day, but now I'm heading home to the wife + dinner and whatnot, so posting will take longer for me, might not be until tomorrow morning :<

This is a great way to break up the monotony of work though and I'm enjoying the hell out of it. Thanks for inviting me Asmo.

Edit: As long as you aren't a danger Poison, Mallow is cool with you. Also, it will be around this time every weekday that I head home, just FYI.

Okay, yeah, we can wind down a bit now. We've had a good session. We'll maybe introduce Templar's character and choose which door we're going through, then save the next encounter for tomorrow.

Hmm... okay. We can squeeze in one more. But if people don't post and others are ready to, I might have to hijack. So as long as everyone's okay with that.

I love Garrick. Rogues are so fun to have around, especially lighthearted one's who aren't just out to start trouble. :)

also, Lindon made a great remark. This is going to be a fun group.

Lastly, I hope I didn't miss anything in my post. Sorry if I did :<

I'll randomise which door Garrick points to.

Haw haw. Only the paladin passed his Listen Check.

Okay... just in case I ballsed up the description... there's a 30ft passageway ahead and at the end is another door that's built like a piece of shit. The conversation is coming from behind that door, in the next chamber.

Found the trap, fucked up the Disable check.

Garrick's a bit injured now, but bear in mind he's a super-squishy first level Rogue. Trap's gone, but we're probably going to have company; Garrick's falling back down the corridor to meet up with the others.