HAPPY Rave Your Butt Off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Work was RIDICULOUS but one of my favorite people visited me and somehow I got a lunch break when he got there. :D Instantly happy Elyd.

Work has been ridiculously amazing.

Doing so well that my boss wants to come hang out on the job with me? Check.
Go on a work road trip that everyone wanted to go on, but to go you had to perform really well to secure your spot? Check.
Looking good in a suit all day erryday? Check.
Beasting everyone at bowling during our Christmas party? Check.

And to top it all off, going to be hosting a potluck dinner on Christmas for my coworkers that don't have family in town/aren't going out of town to visit family. There's going to be snow fort building and a snowball fight :D And watching Doctor Who.

I had the BEST night. Good friends. Good food.
I made my first full holiday meal, everyone brought something even if it was just a super useful Coffee robot and their good cheer. :)
Pumpkin and chocolate chip coooooookies. Omnomnomnom.

After dinner there was a bit of Pathfinder! But after Pathfinder was my highlight of the evening. We started our fire. We burned things. Little personal rituals of freeing and happiness.

Our holiday dessert was s'mores. (We've still got BOXES of cookies!) The s'mores were so good, none of us had had roasted marshmallows in years, much less s'mores! Unlike in our childhood, most of us were only able to eat one of each. Except who had to have two s'mores because fuck limits, I wanted it!

The next part was even more fun. We got out the skill toys! The hula hoop, the poi, and the levi stick. Something for everyone and we all kept switching off. Playing in different parts of the yard, dancing and playing with toys while the fire crackled merrily away. It was a moment of fun and companionship that I will never forget.

I lit my Yule log candle off the fire and we sat out with it and watched it burn for a good while until it was too cold for us and we hurried inside to watch our movie of the evening.

The Hogfather.

So.

HAPPY HOGSWATCH DAY EVERYONE!

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
This year marked...

Jun 28th - my 17th birthday
Dec 14th - Claude's and mine one year anniversary
Dec 19th - Claude's 17th birthday
Dec 25th - my 17th Christmas AND my one year Iwaku anniversary
Dec 31st - the second year of a hopefully long standing tradition - a kiss at midnight to kick off the New Year

Hella 2013

I RODE MY BIKE TODAY AND I DIDN'T FALL OFF!!!

(doesn't sound like a big deal, but I have the worst balance of any 20 year old you have ever met in your life! so this was a massive achievement!)

Reactions: 2 people
Looking back over where I was last year vs. where I am now. The difference is amazing and beautiful and good. It just seems like the journey is actually getting me somewhere this time around.

• Love
Thank you for being there for me when I need you.
Thank you for being an inspiration and not even knowing it.
Thank you. I feel like because I see how much you try I can try too and as long as I'm trying, I'm not failing.
I am so happy to be able to call you my friend.

• Love
I cannot begin to articulate the relief I feel after having discovered that the reason Claude was angry at me was because of misinformation. Never trust what you hear through the grapevine.

• Love
I fucking LOVE my friends. I really do. I don't even know how to articulate it, I love them so much.

'Made it home. But had to fight off a whole pride of rabid lions and a herd of unicorns along the way. Managed to escape with my life, but sadly my legs were eaten by a jackalope.'

That was the text I just sent my sister who babys me. I walked home from her apartment and she keeps dogging me to tell her when I got home (which isn't bad but she constantly calls me along the way).

I wait a reply.

Things are going back on track. It's getting better! Even if my roleplaying soulmate doesn't roleplay anymore, I'm still thrilled to be considered her friend. <3 I am happy again.

• Love
I... have plans for a Saturday.
That's new.
Not just any plans. Really, really awesome plans.
Super giddy and excited now.

• Love
3000 Miles achieved! Would I do it again? Maybe... Definitely not in the summer time though. It was quite fun getting to compare the different households that housed us. It makes me appreciate what a rich tapestry of friends and family I have. NOW TO SLEEP FOR A THOUSAND YEARS

I'm actually excited about my birthday on Saturday. People like me, I'm going to get brunch and bottomless mimosas, I get to spend a lot of time this weekend with my favorite bedwarmer... Just one more day of work and I'm through. :)

• Love
Just so damn happy. No reason, just happy. I feel like my old self again!

Now who want s a cookie?!

Today has pretty much made my week. I wasn't looking forward to this week much in general - weird hours and all of that - but today has been totally fantastic.
I got mail~
Got all the mail I wanted to send all tidied up!

• Love
Status
Not open for further replies.