Halo: Unity

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Manhattan Project and @El Presidente

Both character's are a good premise, but they come up a little short in a few places, and somewhat exaggerated.

@Manhattan Project:
  • If he's got a kill record and habit for killing Spartan's, it's most likely he wouldn't consider working with them. He comes off as a bit brash, stubborn, and assertive; so it doesn't seem he would be flexible to the idea of helping the UNSC- let alone Spartans.
  • Also, the strength described in his CS seems far above most Sangheili reckoning, almost augmented if you will. I say this because for him to impale two Spartan-IIs while crushing another at his feet, he would have to be supremely strong due to the given fact that Spartan-IIs with MJOLNIR Armor weighed whole tons--ranging from 900-1000+. As for crushing the other's chest, their bones are virtually unbreakable and their durability is enhanced by their armor being made from Titanium Alloy. Again, that has got to be one muscular mofo. And the most built one to history is Ripa 'Morame, and even he couldn't lift whole Spartans so easily.
@El Presidente:
  • A few grammatical errors are present, and the CS is just a bit on the messy side.
  • His bio/Background is short and sweet, but it's also somewhat vague. I'd like you to buff up his bio a bit more, really get in there about who he is, what he's done, and how it's shaped him. I've taken in the fact that this may alter his age, but in my opinion I see that as a plus. For one he's fairly young compared to most Elites in the military. Comparing their experience to his own, comes to a large ratio of 4:1

Again, both are grand character builds with major potential. They will be accepted as soon as you...
tumblr_ll9h2u4MI61qgcg29.gif

@Manhattan Project and @El Presidente

Both character's are a good premise, but they come up a little short in a few places, and somewhat exaggerated.

@Manhattan Project:
  • If he's got a kill record and habit for killing Spartan's, it's most likely he wouldn't consider working with them. He comes off as a bit brash, stubborn, and assertive; so it doesn't seem he would be flexible to the idea of helping the UNSC- let alone Spartans.
  • Also, the strength described in his CS seems far above most Sangheili reckoning, almost augmented if you will. I say this because for him to impale two Spartan-IIs while crushing another at his feet, he would have to be supremely strong due to the given fact that Spartan-IIs with MJOLNIR Armor weighed whole tons--ranging from 900-1000+. As for crushing the other's chest, their bones are virtually unbreakable and their durability is enhanced by their armor being made from Titanium Alloy. Again, that has got to be one muscular mofo. And the most built one to history is Ripa 'Morame, and even he couldn't lift whole Spartans so easily.
I never meant for him to be on the side of the Spartans; when the Covenant broke apart, there were as you said fanatics. Jul' Mdama was the leader of one of these factions. I merely made Tal a leader of another. But his goal isn't the Great Journey, he's a lot more bloodthirsty and those that follow him strictly want to fight. Mainly they want to fight SPARTANS. So Tal is willing to do anything to provoke the SPARTANS, even if its giving humans the means of killing each other thereby forcing the SPARTANS to come out.

Ripa 'Morame was 8 feet 1 inches tall. Tal is 8 feet 9 inches tall, nearly a full foot taller than Ripa. Added height equates to larger muscle mass and therefore added strength. He is, as you said a "Supremely strong mofo".

I would also like to state that while true Spartan bones are typically invulnerable to most damage--The Carbide Ceramic Ossification augment used on SPARTAN II's and III's does not exceed 3% total bone mass due to the side effects of white blood cell necrosis. 3% isn't a whole lot. Besides that, they have broken bones before. John himself suffered a head fracture. The skull is the hardest bone in the body. So it is possible for a Sangheili whose race was typically stronger than SPARTANS-- to cause major damage. Even if he didn't destroy the suit didn't mean the internal damage was negated.

Though he does share some qualities with Ripa; Ripa 'Moramee was a brutal and ruthless commander. Despite being a Sangheili, he showed an uncharacteristic disregard for Sangheili traditional values such as honor and arrogantly underestimated his foes, ignoring the advice of his subordinates.

I made him also as an extension of Daemon's back story. He killed Charolette.

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
I never meant for him to be on the side of the Spartans; when the Covenant broke apart, there were as you said fanatics. Jul' Mdama was the leader of one of these factions. I merely made Tal a leader of another. But his goal isn't the Great Journey, he's a lot more bloodthirsty and those that follow him strictly want to fight. Mainly they want to fight SPARTANS. So Tal is willing to do anything to provoke the SPARTANS, even if its giving humans the means of killing each other thereby forcing the SPARTANS to come out.

Ripa 'Morame was 8 feet 1 inches tall. Tal is 8 feet 9 inches tall, nearly a full foot taller than Ripa. Added height equates to larger muscle mass and therefore added strength. He is, as you said a "Supremely strong mofo".

I would also like to state that while true Spartan bones are typically invulnerable to most damage--The Carbide Ceramic Ossification augment used on SPARTAN II's and III's does not exceed 3% total bone mass due to the side effects of white blood cell necrosis. 3% isn't a whole lot. Besides that, they have broken bones before. John himself suffered a head fracture. The skull is the hardest bone in the body. So it is possible for a Sangheili whose race was typically stronger than SPARTANS-- to cause major damage. Even if he didn't destroy the suit didn't mean the internal damage was negated.

Though he does share some qualities with Ripa; Ripa 'Moramee was a brutal and ruthless commander. Despite being a Sangheili, he showed an uncharacteristic disregard for Sangheili traditional values such as honor and arrogantly underestimated his foes, ignoring the advice of his subordinates.

I made him also as an extension of Daemon's back story. He killed Charolette.
Had to reread/watch a few videos and docs to be back on par.

So, I can see that Elite's can vary in strength and proportionate size. For example the three Elites, A Field Marshal and two Zealots, engage Noble Team on reach. A Field Marshal caught Six off guard and knocked to the ground, while the Zealot followed up to pin and tried to kill him. A scuffle would have ensued between to the powers if Carter had not interfered.

But as much as Elites vary, so do SPARTANs. One at the age of twelve, Tom-B292 was able to engage an Elite in CQC, and use his reflexes to dodge it's attacks. Then through it to the ground and finished it off with his assault rifle.

Terms of strength seems to come along with age, training, size, and sometimes just genetics. However Tal seems just a bit too physically strong to me, BUT hearing about what he's done to Daemon peeks my interest about how they'll engage one another. However it turns out, I suspect it will be brutal.

Tal' Vashoth is accepted! :checkmark:

Alright edited, what do you think, is it a bit better? Oh and I made an interaction with @Shadow's Intent and possibly another Spartan if he/she so wishes.

we, good?

kk thanks ^^

Your Frigate says UNSC Merlin. xD

Why's every pick Frigate? The Infinity-Class can bulldoze Covy ships. >.>

Because the Infinity is the most advanced UNSC Warship? They don't have dozens of them to spare.

Also, I will be making a Marine. Maybe a Spartan. Though, I have one question. Why don't the Spartans have ranks?

John 117 - Master Chief Petty Officer

Carter, Noble 1 - Commander

Noble Six - Lieutenant

Fredrick 104 - Lieutenant Junior Grade

Catherine, Noble 2 - Lieutenant Commander

etc. Spartans do have ranks, and I don't mean to seem rude and an asshole, but what made you decide not to give them ranks?

I know that the Infinity-Class is a highly advanced warship. It was a rhetorical question based on many first hand accounts wherein--in any given theoretical story-line most have based their stories AROUND Frigates.

Also, SPARTANS were weapons first, and foremost. SPARTAN-II's were abducted children chose through a screening process. Clones were made to look like them for a short while, and died. SPARTAN-III's were war orphans who--had the choice of joining or not. This again, made them assets first. Disposable assets as most were sent on suicidal missions as there were more of them,and they didn't go through as many augments as SPARTAN-II's. SPARTAN-IV's as you know, were mostly volunteers as well however they aren't selected among children. Mostly war veterans and ace soldiers.

This could be why he selected SPARTANS to have no rank BUT "SPARTAN", as it dictates that SPARTANS were almost always involved with secret intelligence and/or most would consider them themselves to be classified.

SPARTAN is the program. SPARTAN isn't a rank, it is the program they come from. They are part of the Military. Just like a Navy Seal, they are pushed to new extremes and do things that normal squads couldn't do. They still have ranks though.

ONLY LOVE IN MY THREAD!!! No arguing!!

And @Ornstein in 2553, the knowledge of SPARTANs went public prior to the SPARTAN-IV Program. They also serve in an independent Spartan Branch now, rather than as a secret asset; which is why so many Spartan-IVs are in production and why MJOLNIR GEN2 Armor is widely manufactured now.

I did not choose this change, it was already canon information. However if you're making a Spartan-II or Spartan-III you can give them a rank, but it will not apply to your position in the group.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wasn't arguing. I was merely trying to answer his question. o.o

Name:
Merick-B299

Affiliation:
UNSC/ Fireteam Aegis/ Sniper

Armor Variant:
Custom/ Permitted by Jun-A266
Mark V GEN2 Shoulders
MJOLNIR GEN2 ODST Helmet
MJOLNIR GEN2 Aviator Chest piece
MJOLNIR GEN2 ODST Arms
MJOLNIR GEN2 ODST Leggings

Armor Color Pattern:
Primary- Steel/ Secondary- Rust

N/A

Appearance:
ugcuserfile-889c4f57-3dde-49ae-aa0b-63bcd2833dfb-fc8c7eeb5ce70f20-full (1).jpg
ugcuserfile-4198ab4c-b119-49e5-830d-8845e74a823b-ca45f70d71c30ca5-full.jpg
ugcuserfile-4411d482-8411-4c2f-8c12-a99be1ddf358-5fbbe77c76ebdd1b-full.jpg
ugcuserfile-fb26b7cd-ea40-4b1b-8c90-2f2aaa9b32a5-e8f6bbf9956e1a0b-full.jpg
prequel_carl_nadez_black_tank_top_by_zoidsfan507-d61l9qa.png

Weapon(s):​

Personality:
During the days of Reach Merick was regarded as a lethal assassin among Marines. Despite having a past that varies from multiple black marks, potent combat skills, and reserved personality, Merick showed protective actions over people and missions alike. Multiple times he had undertaken suicidal actions to protect civilians, squad mates, or objectives and survived; emphasizing he had a strong stroke of luck over him. He's known for taking things into his own hands whether necessary or not, in which he received the nickname "Lone Ranger," referencing old western renegades, after completing his training in Project: CHRYSANTHEMUM; showing several instances of 'unconventional' Lone Wolf behavior.

Biography/Background:
Lieutenant Merick-A299, a former SPARTAN-III, is a SPARTAN-IV Super Solider and member of Fireteam Aegis as the squad sniper. He served during the Fall of Reach as a stand alone supporter under the Office of Naval Intelligence's command, secretively to the UNSC.

Because his file was heavily redacted by ONI, not much was known of his early life other than his first name as a SPARTAN-III. It wasn't until later in 2552 that he was introduced to his sister, Calypso Williams, and learned of his previous life. He was born on Eridanus II in 2529, to a wealthy home and single mother who was an Agent of ONI. A year later, the covenant invaded and began to glass the colony. In the wake of the chaos, Merick was separated from his mother and she was considered M.I.A in the aftermath. After three weeks of silence, she was rendered K.I.A and her son ultimately orphaned. In 2535, he was adopted into the SPARTAN-III Program by the James Ackerson and trained under MCPO Mendez.

[WIP]​

edited to include affiliation, if there were any other changes that I missed while reading, please notify me.

I hope you find his Psyche Eval amusing.

Name: SPARTAN-142-Karlyle

Affiliation: SPARTAN-II

Armor Variant: MARK-V/ Custom

Armor Color Pattern: Red on Black

Appearance: Karlyle is one of the 'bigger' Spartans at 7'6" with his suit on, and 7'3" without it. He's a beefy guy, at 350lbs without his armor and 1024lbs with it on. He's big enough, and strong enough to tote a AIE Heavy Machine Gun and move normall, though due to his size he's more brawn than swift footed. He's missing several of his teeth, an altercation with a Ultra left him smiling but bleeding from said missing teeth. That doesn't keep him from smiling though and the bigger the fight the more he smiles.

Weapon(s):

The M41 LAAG (Primary) is the standard weaponry of the M12 Warthog LRV, although similar on the M312 Elephant HRVs, the Elephants fire rate is slightly more powerful. It is a triple-barreled, electric-powered, linkless, belt-fed weapon. It fires 450 to 550 12.7x99mm armor penetrating rounds per minute.

As stated above, the M41 uses 12.7x99mm rounds, also known as the .50 BMG round, or .50 caliber. The name BMG comes from the 20th-century M2 Browning Machine Gun the cartridge was designed for. It is well known for its legendary stopping power. It is normally considered an anti-materiel round, as it can take out both light armor and infantry at great range. The bullet is even capable of stopping a car dead in its tracks, shooting a round right through its engine block.

MA5D Individual Combat Weapon System (Secondary),
The MA5D ICWS is a gas-operated, magazine-fed, automatic Assault Rifle designed to execute close-quarters combat with lethal efficiency, regardless of hostile counter-op, environmental conditions, or duration of use in the field. The MA5D fires the 7.62 NATO round. Like previous incarnations, the MA5D also contains a built-in ammo counter and compass.

Psyche Eval:

Karlyle:"Hey Doc, whatcha up to?"

Psychiatrist: "I'm writing your psyche eval."

"Oh, great! Let me help!"

Rustling can be heard.

"H-Hey! Give that back!"

Grunting can be heard. As can the sound of some one repeatedly jumping.

Psychiatrist:"Damn Spartans are so much taller than anyone!"

Karlyle: "Hello ladies, Spartan Karlyle here. That's 142 if you want my digits! Let's see...I'm 7 feet 6 inches in my uniform, and without it I'm 7 feet and 3 inches! I've got light green eyes and silvery grey hair..."

Psychiatrist: "Giving details about you physical appearance has nothing to do with your psyche eval!"

Karlyle:"I'm getting there, I'm getting there. Don't get your panties in a bunch. Let's see...I love fighting! The bigger the fight the better in my opinion. I mean, who doesn't like unloading a couple hundred rounds of 7.62x51mm SLAP? Am I right? "

No other voice is heard.

Karlyle: "Hey doc, why you giving me that face for? Anyways! I love crushing Grunt heads in my hands. Though, I guess I can't do that anymore, huh? But their heads...their just so small. Oh, that reminds me. I didn't have any grenades, right? So I tore ones head off and chucked it at another one. The critter went kersplat. I laughed the entire time on the way back to base."

Psychiatrist:"End transmission..."

Background/Bio:

Karlyle-142 is among John-117 and only a handful of other SPARTAN-II's. Being adopted into the military by ONI operatives was a thrilling experience. In his own way, he tried to see if the people wishing to capture and abduct him was worthy of him. Karlyle is a lot more intelligent than he puts on and his combat record shows case after case of him demonstrating impeccable strategy as well as out right brutality. The ONI operatives learned this first hand, when before they even caught the seven year old he'd ensnared three agents in primitive traps set up around the compound that he had activated in anticipation for them to make their move.

What was perhaps surprising, was the fact that he had done all this to protect the others while they slept. Finally when there were only four left, he challenged them to fight him. saying that if they could beat him he would go willingly. If they didn't win--he'd still go freely. When asked why fight at all he simply said:"it's in my blood."

This act alone set him apart. It signified that this child name Karlyle Lermaine. Despite the age difference Karlyle was had the makings of a tough as nails fighter. Dr. Halsey once commented that Spartan-142 was like a ghost of the past--Karlyle seeming to be most at home on the battlefield when he can fight tough enemies to his heart's content. She also said he reminded her of a gladiator. Though it wasn't uncommon for him to engage in personal duels with the Sangheili. It was nothing for him to show more severely violent aptitude. While not the close quarters fighter that Daemon is-- You don't want hose colossal to grab you. He's got the vice grip of dog locking its jaws and he quite literally. Just ask any one who sparred him.

Helmet/Visor: The Mk. IV [G] variants is an up-armored prototype based on the basic Mk. IV helmet. / "It's like they're looking at the sky; just put'em on the ground."

Chest: UA/Base Security [W]- Bringing Grenades to a gunfight.

Right Shoulder:Commando- The MJOLNIR Mk. V/K variant was developed at the UNSC's Special Warfare Center.

Left Shoulder: UA/Multi threat - A trade-off between increased protection and additional mass.

Right Arm: UA/Bracer- Supplementary forearm protection.

Left Arm: Tactical/ TacPad- Dock for the MC5 Individual Data/Net Terminal.

Legs/Utility:UA/CHOBHAM- Supplemental armor, composite.

Knees: The MJOLNIR [G] prototype informed all subsequent supplemental armor development programs.

Last edited:
I will hopefully...have a CS up. Could I possibly make a Spartan-III? (I was planning on asking you for a Spartan-II but we don't need 2 on one team)

@Ornstein stein You're welcome to play as a SPARTAN-III, yes. So long as you make sure to keep their capabilities and abilities within the respects of the lore. That means canon based information, not in-game based or forum conscripted.

Also, 2 SPARTAN-IIs on the team wouldn't have been bad. Which leaves you still open to making one, but I will leave these decisions to you.

WIP

Name: Richard Helian

Affiliation: SPARTAN-II UNSC

Lieutenant

Appearance:
Richard stands at 7'2" in his armor and 6'10" without it on. His hair is cut short, but the color is a dark brown, his eyes are a blue-grey and he bears no visible scars on his face or arms. However, his armor is always covering him up, except when he removes his helmet from time to time. In size, he is like an average Spartan-II.

Weapon(s):
BR85HB SR Battle Rifle
M45D Tactical Shotgun
Combat Knife

Background/Bio:
Richard was taken as a child, like every SPARTAN-II, and gene- blah blah.

Richard was stationed on Reach, during the Fall and placed on many missions that heavily involved on helping citizens escape during the end. Most of his Missions are classified and erased when Reach was glassed and everything was lost. During his last mission, he escaped on the UNSC Final Breath where he was placed into a Cryo-Chamber, just like John-117. He was supposed to be awakened when he was needed, but the UNSC Final Breath was lost and adrift in space, being found after the Human-Covenant War ended. He was still asleep on board, but was retrieved and recommissioned into the Military after he was tested, making sure he was fit for battle. He was assigned to Fireteam Aegis, assigned to put the Insurgents down. Just like he was originally created to do so long ago.

(Sorry the Bio is short. I am brain-farting and I will edit it later)

Armor:
SomeGuysDreamSpartan.png

Status
Not open for further replies.