Guardians' Heaven: Symphony of Valkyries

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Well, R-9 never stated whether or not we are new additions to the battleship or not, so eh.

Remember that effective weapon i wanted to give her? I gave her a tether cord.

Well, R-9 never stated whether or not we are new additions to the battleship or not, so eh.
Hmmm, ok then. If they are already in the same squad then it's obvious.

If they are new additions, then Mina only vaguely remembers Esfir. :)

Now I need to make an EX ability... Give me a bit...

Alright, quick question... What is the acronym ARMS that everyone keeps using in their character sheets? I don't see it on R-9's character sheet template or in any GM posts in fact, so I'm a bit confused.

Alright, quick question... What is the acronym ARMS that everyone keeps using in their character sheets? I don't see it on R-9's character sheet template or in any GM posts in fact, so I'm a bit confused.
In regards to that, Izurich made Guardian ARMs in her CS, so I just piggybacked on there and made Knight ARMs. After that, everyone played Follow the Leader and used <insert noun> ARMs to describe what sort of armor their characters had.

Also...
This allows her to get into enemy lines, weaken them, plant charges, then detonate them before they even have a chance to fight back.
How slow do you think the Bydo are? XD

You don't actually need an EX ability. But I would be surprised if everyone didn't try for a way to be special.

A guy wouldn't be a mecha "musume", given that translates to "daughter". You'd be getting a lady teammate, if I do anything. Other NPCs on the ship are likely enough to be male, though.

I'll leave whether you've been a group for a while prior to the game starting or start up all being shoved together up to you. If we do have a sort of mixed group when it comes to experience, the Astrea is probably a training ship of sorts, and a tour on it is likely part of the tail end of training before one can be considered a full Guardian. I'll also note that you can have it both ways, with some characters having a history (particularly if they're in training together, or whatever else) but being complete strangers to others.

On weapons and equipment, don't try to do everything. The harder it is for me to challenge you guys, the more difficult everything will have to be. At the moment, you're setting the bars for the capability levels of Bydo who are worth a damn, so do bear that in mind. The stronger you guys are, the more ridiculous solo threats become. And maybe the more numerous, as well.

On weapons and equipment, don't try to do everything. The harder it is for me to challenge you guys, the more difficult everything will have to be. At the moment, you're setting the bars for the capability levels of Bydo who are worth a damn, so do bear that in mind. The stronger you guys are, the more ridiculous solo threats become. And maybe the more numerous, as well.
If that's going to be your approach, then it's your responsibility to ensure all of the characters are reasonably close in terms of power level, as individual players can't exactly force another player to nerf their character in the case of an overpowered submission.

Yeah, I'll be doing that. I think it''s just an issue where everyone's got a pretty good pile of versatility and several different weapons and attacks, when I was expecting a smaller number per character. It won't really change anything in the long run to leave things as-is, if everyone has something they're not good at, though. Any challenge for someone probably should be easier for someone else to deal with, so the entire group would do well enough on the whole.

Reactions: Izurich
Oh... Since I have a Mecha Musume version of one of my characters I feel like I should probably hop on this gravy train.

From Gundam 00.
GNR-001E GN Arms Type-E

Aaand what happened next is basically what @ERode said.

Also. @R-9 Pilot , regarding the part about Astrea. Do I need to adjust Mina's Rank or keep it as it is? For the latter, her being a Guardian already assigned to Astrea prior to the RP would make better sense.

@R-9 Pilot
Gotta do this over the forum since not sure if I'll be online tomorrow night.
Does this qualify? Or not enough? And, in case it works, while I'm at it, also calling dibs on that picture/oc c:

My character has alot of guns that gives her really powerful Long range attacks. She also can hold her own in mid range combat but she has no melee combat weapons and her only protection is her energy shield which displaces her easily and a shield on one of her guns. Even her EX ability is base on boosting her firepower at a cost of her health and the effectiveness of her weapons.

Because of all her gear she is slower then the other valkiryes and will struggle if a speedy enemy gets too close.

@Skyswimsky Yes.
Do I need to adjust Mina's Rank or keep it as it is? For the latter, her being a Guardian already assigned to Astrea prior to the RP would make better sense.
I'll leave that up to you. If you'd like to change her rank to better reflect that she's been around for a while, you may, but you can probably leave things as-is and we can work them out.

Because of all her gear she is slower then the other valkiryes and will struggle if a speedy enemy gets too close.
I do love it when people tell me the ways to best challenge their characters. It makes things fun. That some of the other characters so far would easily be able to rush in and defend someone slow and focused on long range makes it better, because it means you need teamwork.

• Thank You
I dont know if your happy, or being diabolical.... >.>

RUN ALICE BEFORE SHE GETS YOU....

On a serious note. You dont win a battle alone as an Artillery unit so meh. I take the challenge BRING IT ON >.<

I do love it when people tell me the ways to best challenge their characters. It makes things fun. That some of the other characters so far would easily be able to rush in and defend someone slow and focused on long range makes it better, because it means you need teamwork.

So free brownie points?

For Toro, she just can't finish the job. Her only way to kill anything is to empty her ammo supplies, or use a pulse charge. However the pulse charges require her to get on close to the enemy, and set one up. Then she needs to jet back out of its range before she can set it off. Her machine guns take too much time, even with the explosive rounds. These are generally used to cut away at an enemy, to help others target vital areas and weak points

Last edited:
Esfir is perfect. Literally invincible. The MC Ace of the RP. She's the plot device you can use to save other waifus from distress, R-9. :3

• Nice Execution!