Guardians' Heaven: Symphony of Valkyries

Okay! I have Charm-4's history done, what do you guys think?

R-9- anything that needs changing to fit better with the setting?

Everyone else- want to interlace character histories somehow? If anyone has any interesting ideas feel free to hit me up!

Imma go out on a limb and say there are space pirates.

Okay! I have Charm-4's history done, what do you guys think?

R-9- anything that needs changing to fit better with the setting?

Everyone else- want to interlace character histories somehow? If anyone has any interesting ideas feel free to hit me up!

I think her history is very wonderful and well-written, i can feel the suspense and peril through your words. :) Good job!

Hmmm, as for history, I kinda want Mina and Charm to never meet before, I want to see them introducing to each other!

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
I think her history is very wonderful and well-written, i can feel the suspense and peril through your words. :) Good job!

Hmmm, as for history, I kinda want Mina and Charm to never meet before, I want to see them introducing to each other!
Thanks! It wasn't very well-written though; I just went back and fixed a bunch of spelling/grammar errors. xD The majority of it was written on my phone during breaks at work so I made a lot of mistakes. ^^;

And that's fine too! It's not necessary for Charm-4 to have met anyone before the RP begins, naturally. Plus even if she had- she wouldn't remember them due to her amnesia so the recollection would be one-sided. :P

Thanks! It wasn't very well-written though; I just went back and fixed a bunch of spelling/grammar errors. xD The majority of it was written on my phone during breaks at work so I made a lot of mistakes. ^^;
I am a 2nd English speaker! Don't judge my opinion! Waaaaaaah! #cryingprofusely #mechamusumeyuriisbestyuri

And we have a sneaky @Asuras joining without even posting here first. >:3 naughty~

Greetings!

@R-9 Pilot i must say, the plot and about has me very interested! Plllease tell me youll take one more!? ^-^

-twiddles fingers nervously- one snag I would like to get taken care of though if someone, or people, would be so kind. I need reference material because im not familiar with the shows the plot gets its influence from. And i feel I need it in order to make an "at least" passable character, if not, better ^-^

-waits for R-9's judgement, wiggles with excitement-

Greetings!

@R-9 Pilot i must say, the plot and about has me very interested! Plllease tell me youll take one more!? ^-^

-twiddles fingers nervously- one snag I would like to get taken care of though if someone, or people, would be so kind. I need reference material because im not familiar with the shows the plot gets its influence from. And i feel I need it in order to make an "at least" passable character, if not, better ^-^

-waits for R-9's judgement, wiggles with excitement-
-
Basic Info on the concept of "Mecha Musume": MS Girl

Reference material:
Go watch "Symphogear" or "Busou Shinki" anime series. ;)

If you prefer the Wiki instead, then:
tl;dr: (Mostly female) Anthropomorphization of Mecha (Giant robots)

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: 1 person
Plllease tell me youll take one more!?
I don't usually GM for sizable groups so I have no clue how I'll handle the sheer numbers, but for now, all are welcome. Though I think I'll draw a hard limit at 12 or so PCs. That's probably where it's getting to be too much.

I'm too lazy to count at the moment, too. We only have like 5 characters posted, however. I'm thinking I may go and impose a deadline for character sheet submissions. I'm not sure how soon to make it, but it could be as early as by next Monday (October 12). That might be a bit too early. But, particularly when faced with large groups, I find a deadline is a good way to separate those who are serious from those who aren't.

I will also add some comments on references and/or suggestions on stuff to look at if one wants an idea of where I'm stealing coming from before putting together a character:
  • R-Type is an old-school arcade shoot-em-up. It's...got quite a lot of fluff, though. Playing the games is not needed to enjoy this roleplay, and I don't really have a good place to link for the setting information or storyline.
  • Knight Run is a manwha, and the official English translation is available here.
  • Knights of Sidonia is also probably worth looking at. No mecha musume in sight, but it is likely to be at least one influence on other aspects of the setting and RP.
  • Strike Witches is an anime. Watch it if you'd like, although stylistically, Symphogear and Busou Shinki are both good too, as far as characters go. Strike Witches has the whole "war with strange invaders" going, though.
  • For that matter, I'd also recommend Sky Girls. Not very mecha musume, though, but it's the other show Fumikane did a lot of designs for. Also starring the Vic Viper.

• Useful
Reactions: Unyielding
This beautiful specimen of a roleplay is still open, yes? Because I am extremely interested.

Reactions: Insomnant
I've decided character submissions will close on Sunday, October 18, so that's another week to get everything done. Giving a heads-up in here so folks who have expressed interest but might not be watching the OOC proper will get the news as well. Get them characters in.

Reactions: Izurich