GoT is back! (Spoilers possible! Read at your own risk.)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
I kind of want him turning into a mash-up of Monty Python's black knight and Kenny from South Park.
Night's Watch: "By the gods, you killed Lord Snow!"
Wildlings: "You bastard!"
Melisandre rezzes Jon, who gets up and says: "It's just a flesh wound. I've had worse!"
Whoever killed him this time: "You lie!"
Zombie Snow: "The Black Brothers always triumph! Have at you!"

• Love
Reactions: Greenie
I was right! He knows nothing!!

Ugh, the Tower of Joy tease. I expected that they were going to draw this out, but I still don't like having to wait for the reveal that probably confirms the big fan theory about Jon Snow's parentage.

Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhh X.X

I literally cried seeing Shaggydog's head. Why X.X Ugh. I so didn't want Osha and Rickon to get caught. Ughhh. The episode got me so excited with Bran and then broke my heart in Winterfell.

*sniffles and wipes tears* x.x

@Hellis Mine too x.x I hope Jon's going for Winterfell now.

And speaking of Jon, I've never actually felt too bad for him. But today I did. It was just so sad to see him somewhat broken.

What about that scene where the old Maester (Pycelle?) in King's landing is talking smack about zombie Gregor Clegane and then notices that he's right behind him? Did anyone else hear him fart in fear?

What about that scene where the old Maester (Pycelle?) in King's landing is talking smack about zombie Gregor Clegane and then notices that he's right behind him? Did anyone else hear him fart in fear?
True story, I was face-palming the whole time. I really, really dislike Pycelle. I hate the Mountain, but I wouldn't mind him offing the old geezer.

Yeah, that was great.

Also, the fart was definitely real. Apparently on the HBO online streaming thing it was noted in the subtitles with <farts> :D

You know what I did like in the episode? How no one seemed to give a crap about Cersei and Jaime.

Jaime still disappoints me x.x *rings shame bell*

Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
I missed about 15 minutes somewhere because my aunt called to wish me Happy Mother's day. I walked out of the room because my husband was nagging about me talking. But...I did catch most of the show. I was soooo pissed off that they cut the damn scene with Bran. That is frustrating beyond belief. I missed what happened to Aaria, at least a good chunk of it. When I came back she could see and she was no one. =/ Not sure if that's good or bad, but I'm glad she's got her vision back.

My husband kept trying to reassure me that Ramsay can't kill Rickon in Winterfell because the houses still loyal to the Starks would revolt against him. I'm not too sure I believe all that, but I'm really hoping he's right for poor little Rickon's sake.

Yeah, that was the best snub of the series SK far. You wanna force yourself into power? Nah, fuck off.

I'm also disappointed with Jaime. It's sad that they're not following the same sort of character development arc he's going through in the books, where he realizes Cersei is bad news and distances himself from her whilst going through the Riverlands using his reputation as a monster to create peaceful resolutions to some leftover conflicts from the War of the Five Kings. The show sort of flirted with that, but now he's marching in lockstep with her. I hope that changes some time soon, preferably by way of Cersei's death forcing him to find his own path.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Dervish and Greenie
I missed about 15 minutes somewhere because my aunt called to wish me Happy Mother's day. I walked out of the room because my husband was nagging about me talking. But...I did catch most of the show. I was soooo pissed off that they cut the damn scene with Bran. That is frustrating beyond belief. I missed what happened to Aaria, at least a good chunk of it. When I came back she could see and she was no one. =/ Not sure if that's good or bad, but I'm glad she's got her vision back.

My husband kept trying to reassure me that Ramsay can't kill Rickon in Winterfell because the houses still loyal to the Starks would revolt against him. I'm not too sure I believe all that, but I'm really hoping he's right for poor little Rickon's sake.
Oh, I actually liked the Arya part this time :D I won't spoil it for you though, but even though it was short, I think it's worth the watch.

I just don't get why GoT keeps killing wolves T.T blaaaah. The only thing that kept me watching was that they changed it to Jon. I'm glad Jon's leaving the watch.

Oh, I actually liked the Arya part this time :D I won't spoil it for you though, but even though it was short, I think it's worth the watch.

I just don't get why GoT keeps killing wolves T.T blaaaah. The only thing that kept me watching was that they changed it to Jon. I'm glad Jon's leaving the watch.
I think the wolves are symbol and another hint at the R + L = J theory, at least from my perspective. If Jon didn't have Stark blood in him, I don't think Ghost would be nearly as loyal or have survived this long. Maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part and it won't be confirmed the next episode when we see Bran's visions, but I have a feeling that he's going to witness Ned discovering his sister in labor, and that it will be little baby Jon Snow she delivers.

But, I also have to wonder about genetics too. I don't know if it's inbreeding that leads to the Targaryens to have white hair and violet eyes, but Jon couldn't be any further from that in appearance. I don't know. That's the only thing that keeps me from completely buying into the theory, but at the same time, that can easily be explained away as well since it wasn't an incestuous pairing that created him.

I think the wolves are symbol and another hint at the R + L = J theory, at least from my perspective. If Jon didn't have Stark blood in him, I don't think Ghost would be nearly as loyal or have survived this long. Maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part and it won't be confirmed the next episode when we see Bran's visions, but I have a feeling that he's going to witness Ned discovering his sister in labor, and that it will be little baby Jon Snow she delivers.

But, I also have to wonder about genetics too. I don't know if it's inbreeding that leads to the Targaryens to have white hair and violet eyes, but Jon couldn't be any further from that in appearance. I don't know. That's the only thing that keeps me from completely buying into the theory, but at the same time, that can easily be explained away as well since it wasn't an incestuous pairing that created him.
I don't see how Ghost as confirmation of Stark blood would confirm the theory. Jon having Stark blood is an accepted fact of the story he's been given about his lineage, because Ned Stark certainly would have passed on Stark blood to his bastard son. The question is whether the Stark blood came from the father or the mother and who the other party was. :P

I don't see how Ghost as confirmation of Stark blood would confirm the theory. Jon having Stark blood is an accepted fact of the story he's been given about his lineage, because Ned Stark certainly would have passed on Stark blood to his bastard son. The question is whether the Stark blood came from the father or the mother and who the other party was. :P
Hey, I'm still out of it. :P I think we already know it's from his mother's side. But when you really look at it though, would Ned have really cheated on Catelyn? I think the only one who really bought that idea was Catelyn herself. He could have easily came home with Jon and said 'I found this baby on the side of the road, and we're going to raise him'. But he didn't because he really is Ned's bastard, or he's Lyanne's son, and Ned came up with the bastard idea to ensure that he was raised in Winterfell. Ned had way too much honor to have an affair. Robert Baratheon would have been torn whether to kill Jon because he had Targaryen blood or let him live because he was Lyanne's son. I think in the end though, his hatred for the Targaryens and the reminder of what the love of his life went through would have led him to killing off Jon, and Ned, for all his honor, wouldn't have gotten in the way.

After reading the first book and seeing the way that Ned continuously kept silent on the matter to Catelyn and Robert, I really do believe that was why he came up with the lie. Catelyn would have told someone who Jon really was, or she would have treated him differently knowing that he was Ned's nephew, and that would have given something away. She treated Jon like shit, and that really was expected considering she thought he was Ned's son by another woman.

I'm probably just looking too much into things and in desperate need of more sleep to piece my thoughts together in something other than a rambling mess though. :P

• Bucket of Rainbows
Status
Not open for further replies.