Good Times

• Thread starter MurasakiXTakusoXNexass
  • Start date
"..no.." Tori was actually afraid of heights. Her experience with trees aren't good ones, and it made her felt embarrassed as a neko girl.
No, I can do it! I need to show her what I saw going into the tree!! She thought.
Tori squatted and jump, skipping a few branches. She looked up, afraid to see how far she is from the ground. "I'm c-coming, wait for me.." She stuttered for the first time.

Chiyako noticed Tori's hesitation. 'I wonder what happened to her that made her so afraid' Chiyako hung off a branch waiting for the neko to catch up.

Tori finally caught up to her friend, and clung onto the branch above her as if her life depended on it.

"I-if you look above you, a creature should be th-there.." She whispered. She never went this high before, and held back her tears. I hope the creature's there, she thought.

Chiyako looked up to see a bird in it's nest. The bird hopped around it's nest, chirping happily. Chiyako smiled and looked back to the neko. "Are you alright? You don't look like you are doing so well." Chiyako climbed down to the branch where the neko was clinging for dear life. "Was the bird what you wanted me to see?"

"Ah. I'm d-doing fine.." Tori replied. "The bird was so pretty, it's blue beady eyes, glittering like jewels.."

Tori gulped and climbed up, caught the bird neatly in her slender hands and stroked it. The bird made her feel much calmer, and she held it out to Chiyako.

"Have you held a bird before?" She asked quietly, her green eyes looking at her friend.

"No... I haven't" Chiyako reached out and grabbed the bird and tried to hold it the way Tori was. As soon as her hands clamped around it the bird began to struggle and chirp loudly as if it were in distress. "What am I doing wrong?!" Chiyako said in a panic. Unable to calm the bird she passed it back to Tori. "That bird hates me."

"No it doesn't.." Tori replied to Chiyako softly. "Here, this is how you hold it, don't just grab it, hold it as if you're holding something fragile, firm but not until you're squeezing it." She guided Chiyako's hands on the proper way to hold the bird. The bird seemed much more comfortable than before, and chirped a melody. Tori have a small smile to the bird and stroked it.

Chiyako was a bit nervous taking the bird back, but smiled happy that the bird was finally calm. She never had a friend who was so nice to her. Turning to Tori she asked, "Do you hold birds often? It looks so calm when you are the one touching it."

"I used to kill them for food when I was in the wild, but after being sent to a home, I don't really kill them, but more of....take care of them" Tori replied, her eyes on the bird, checking if it's not too stressed.

"maybe that's probably why my name's Tori.." she quietly mumbled to Chiyako, eyes looking up now because she can't bear looking down.

"Well that's not so bad. You had a family take you in. When my mom died, my dad started shipping me off to schools. He doesn't even really talk to me anymore..." Chiyako trailed off deep in thought. Unknowingly, she started to tighten the grasp on the bird she was holding.

Tori noticed Chiyako starting to squeeze the bird involuntarily, and she softly stroke Chiyako's hands, hoping she would relax, and patted her head.
"There, there.." She awkwardly said to her, unused to comforting people. "You have me as a friend, don't you?" Tori softly said to the girl, who seemed to be deep in thought.

Snapping out of her thoughts, Chiyako released the bird and it flew away. "I'm sorry I just zoned out. Is the bird ok?" She said looking at the bird worried.

"Yeah, it looked fine." Tori replied the girl quietly. "On the other hand, are you alright?" She added, curious of her friend's well being.

"Yea, I'm fine. I was just thinking about something. I don't really want to talk about it. What do you want to do now?" Chiyako asked trying to move the topic off of her.

"Sure if you want to." Tori smiled, but deep in her, she wanted to know what happened to Chiyako. "Do you know any interesting places in the vincinity here?" Tori asked, while tying up her wavy silver white hair, as it was getting too warm for comfort.

"Ya of course I wanted to come here, it's school after all, hehe" Terin responded trying not to sound awkward but it cleary did. Now, he was involved in the chatter and having the chance of being found out, a great way to start off the first day and exactly what he didn't want.

Annie smirked softly, "No you didn't. You wanted to come to a school, maybe, but not this one; you came here by mistake. I can tell; I always know how to read people, comes with the territory." She said, she glanced at the others, "But, not everyone here has that little talent. You're secret is safe with me," she chuckled softly, pushing her hair behind her ear while giving him a soft smile. "Now, names are appropriate for a first meeting. I'm Annie, your name would be?"

"Well, if you can climb down without falling, I thought we could go search for some food. I don't know if the cafeteria is open yet but I haven't eaten all day." Chiyako said rubbing her stomach. She looked to the neko for an answer.

(OOC: Sorry I didn't reply, I went away for an event and didn't have time to go on the computer TT-TT but I am back now and I plan on logging on as often as possible!)

"Could you please help me...down?" Tori whispered, looking into Chiyako's eyes, afraid of looking anywhere else. Her stomach was rumbling too, and the cat biscuits were nowhere to be seen, probably stuck somewhere in the tree. Boiled fish would be nice to eat, she thought.

((OOC: it's okay ouo it doesn't really matter how long you take to reply, I don't mind ^.^))

"I guess I could." Chiyako said moving into a position where she could easily assist Tori down.