Gladiators Tale - A Testament to Intrigue and Blood

• Thread starter Iron Men And Saints
  • Start date
Then they're not the same in any way whatsoever, don't worry about it.

Name: Issac Nights
Reason for becoming a gladiator: For a chance to get out of prison and out of the justice system.
Appearance:Card Mage.jpg
History: Issac is a thief turned con man. He started out on the ruthless streets in the slums fending for himself and stealing to survive. At first he stole only what he needed to survive, but as he grew older, he needed more and more to sustain himself. He started to branch out and try bigger and bigger heists to the point where breaking and entering can only get you so far. The concept became amateurish. He thought that if he can con and swindle people out of their money and possessions he can go farther in life.

He used to have a partner in his scams and schemes; a fellow street rat who wanted to perform more white collar crimes. Issac and him were thick as thieves, robbing people blind before they even knew it. Unfortunately, their partnership came to a grinding halt when greed got the best of Issac's partner. Approached by a bigger crime syndicate, Issac's partner sold him out to them. They tipped off the authorities who caught Issac red handed. Without trial, they gave him a choice: life in prison or a chance at freedom.
Strengths:
1. Sleight of Hand- You don't make it as a thief and budding con man until you learn how have fast hands.
2. Con Man- He is very good at scheming, planning, and talking after years of experience
3.Street Wise- He's very knowledgeable about what goes around and tends to eavesdrop and pick up information very easily.
Weaknesses:
1. Sticky Fingers- He just can't pass up objects of worth. If he needs it, he'll take it. If he doesn't, he'll still take it.
2.Compulsive Liar- He tends to speak "less than the truth" due to his deceptive nature
3. Coward- Though he was raised on harsh streets, he spent most of his time running and hiding behind facades.

Other: Has an affinity for cards. He started his tricks with rigged street games such as Three Card Monty and poker rings.

Ooooooooo, I like him! We're gonna be best friends, Issac Nights! Yep, yep. Just don't upset Red, okay?

They aren't *That* similar, Isaac's from the slums and Wilhelm is from the upper class.

Can I post in the IC, or do I have to wait for approval?

Well I just popped up out of the blue now, diddn't I? Well, that's to bad, this character sheet is already here SO DEAL WITH IT. My goodness, I need to s l o w d o w n.

Name: Devron €π£¶&€` (In other words: Uncomprehensable)

Reason for becoming a gladiator: For the fun of it.

Appearance: As an eccentric fellow of 28, he always wears a suit and with a top hat. If not strange enough, he carries an extendable hand that somehow acts like his real hand, moving the fingers and all. He has dark brown, almost black hair, and a disorder giving him deep crimson eyes. He is taller than most, about a head, and his arms are a bit unusually long.

History: From the start, his parents knew their child was a psycopath. He went from doctor to doctor, trying to make him 'normal' but with no avail. Eventually, he was put up for adoption, but nobody took him. He left at 18, finding a job as a toy assembler. He still went to asylums or mental hospitals, by complains of many.

And through his whole life, he didn't have a single care in the world, and just got crazier and crazier.

Strengths:
1. Extremely charismatic, Getting people to agree with him, and overall talking to people, despite his insane nature.

2. Very good at using anything and everything in his environment to an advantage.

3. Can see, hear, and feel things most others can't.

Weaknesses:
1. Has a extreme and strange phobia of mirrors.

2. His short-term memory is absoulutly terrible.

3. Has a tendency to reveal a little too much.

Other: Something about childish toys and games draws him in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Iron Men And Saints
Name: Faye "The Falcon" Kerris

Reason for becoming a gladiator:
Faye is part of a small resistance group aiming to overthrow the New Roman Empire and to restore order and sovereignty to its respective nations. She voluntarily joins the games, figuring their best shot at accomplishing their goal is to hopefully gain recognition in the games, and to instill distrust towards the Empire in her sponsors and fans in order to rally them to her cause.

Because she is sure she can't be part of the only group of individuals aiming to restore the old nations, she hopes that the message of their cause will be spread via her popularity in the games.

Appearance:
Faye stands 5'3", with light skin, brown eyes, and dark brown (almost black) locks of hair that fall to her lower back. She has a lean, but athletic physique that suits her well for mobility, but lacks in physical strength.
allisonargent.jpg
History:
Faye has never known anything but the New Roman Empire. She was born in it and raised in it, as were here parents, but her grandparents were children when the United States fell to New Rome, and her great-grandparents fought and died in the war against New Rome. Her family always told her stories, showed her books and pictures, talked of the magnificence of the world before, and of the joys of independence. They also constantly talked of their disappointment in the way Emperor Helios' federation governed the people, and their dissatisfaction in the system of lords and lands. They believed America should continue to be run via constitutional democracy.

Beside political talk, though, they instilled an appreciation for nature in Faye and gave her a love of the outdoors. Her father taught her to use a bow and even how to use her great-grandfather's old shotgun. These things all left a deep impact on Faye as a child. She believed what her family told her about the Empire, and those beliefs held strong despite the fact that she had never personally experienced the United States of America. Some fanatical supporters of the Roman government, upon discovering that her parents were supporters of America, jumped them, and beat them. If not for the fact that Faye had arrived with her family's shotgun, they would have killed her too. As he lay dying in the street, Faye's father made a dying request: to bring back the United States.

Knowing the Romans would likely look for her next, Faye went on the run. Through a mix of luck and good timing, she met some other like-minded people hoping to overthrow New Rome and restore the old world. That was when they came up with the plan to enter the games.

Strengths:
1. Highly proficient with ranged weapons, especially bows and crossbows, but also with firearms.
2. Quick physically and mentally - Faye is very nimble and agile, and also very good at thinking on her feet and adapting.
3. Excellent eyesight - She earned the nickname "The Falcon" for a reason. Faye can spot minute details from far away and tracks most moving objects with relative ease.

Weaknesses:
1. Poor melee skills; she has trouble with close combat involving melee weapons. While she understands the basic gist of how to use them, she has no formal training with swords, axes, knives, or other melee weapons.
2. Low physical strength - Faye favors speed over all else, so she is quick but not particularly strong. While she is still stronger than the average female of her age and size, in a lineup of fighters or gladiators she is almost certainly the weakest.
3. Harder on herself than she is on others. When things don't go the way she planned or when those close to her mess things up, Faye often beats herself up thinking about how she could have personally prevented it rather than addressing the problem.

Other:
- Faye owns her own bow (which she prefers to use), but given the right materials, tools, and enough time, she could craft one from wood and string.
- She is still in possession of her father's double-barrel shotgun, but has no ammunition for it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Iron Men And Saints
Whoaaa. She sounds badass. Scarlet might be willing to join her effort since she needs a way out/doesn't really give a damn. Maybe even convince Cid to come along as well. :3

Awwwwwwwww hell no! *loads shotgun* YOU GOT ANOTHER THING COMING IF YOU THINK YOU CAN RUIN MY FUN, RESISTANCE.

This is getting a lot more complicated then just murderizin' people for the roar of a crowd that treats you like cattle...

Me gusta.

I love stirring the pot, lol. Who knows what will happen!?

In all honesty though, I didn't intend for it to get that deep actually. I came up with her skillset / weaknesses first, then found a good image that I liked. THEN I was trying to figure out a good reason for someone like that to be in the gladiatorial arena in the first place. Most things either seemed too cliche or the ones I liked had already been taken (owing a debt was one I wanted to use). So I brainstormed and came up with the idea.

I wasn't sure how people would react to it, but I'm glad you guys like it! ^^

Weird... I haven't been getting alerts for the OOC... Sorry I haven't been around.

I will check for acceptance soon.
Sorry for confusion at [MENTION=2730]Excesmyr[/MENTION] if I like your post you are generally accepted unless I say something! Also... P.S. I meant to like it b/c I saw it a little while ago... Internet was flimsy at my friends place though.
P.S.
[MENTION=5122]fatalrendezvous[/MENTION] Please wait until you have been accepted till you post in the IC >.<

Last edited by a moderator:
RAAAAAAAAWR. MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. RED THE RIPPER IS GONNA GETZ YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!! Or take your money.

Alright... So everyone is accepted but Fatalrendezvous. Everyone else, the remind goes that this is combat AND politics so keep that in mind.

So FatalRendezvous I like your character but there a few things history wise that I would like to bring up. Don't believe it's entirely you. I fucked up explaining history a little >.> But! onward!

( And I'm not trying to butcher your character! D: )

1. The New Roman Empire is 112 years old. It's unlikely that her parents would have fought against them in the beginning, the American - Roman War was only three years after its formation. ( In fact they had an alliance during the first two years and they both attacked Poland but while America's forces were in Thailand The New Roman Empire had pulled back it's troops and back stabbed America. )

2. The New Roman Empire technically doesn't own Rome as it's being held by a rival empire Thailand.

3. People are mostly free to do what they want so liberty isn't really an issue. Big political worries was too strong of a central government, military policing, and criminal rights. There was a Magna Carta like document put in place so the central government isn't as powerful as it could be. Military policing and criminal rights hadn't been dealt with. But of course there isn't anything saying America didn't try to pass around scandal about the freedom of the Roman Citizens.

4. Rome doesn't really do public execution they tend to brutally torture people to squeeze anything possibly useful out of them and if they are still moving, they are put up as gladiators, slaves, or government workers if they have a smart mind.

5. Emperor Helios isn't really a dictator. Again the government is very much more of a Federation where Lords govern their land ( The Emperor governs the capital. ) and they all bow down to the Emperor. However Emperor Helios isn't the nicest of people, he is known to own slaves and beat them and charge into combat with his men and fight dirty. However there is no recorded or heard of instance where he has hurt an innocent man or woman or seized their assets.

Sorry I know some of this conflicts with what you are going for but I will provide you some of my ideas!

1. There is a British Rebellion group called the Jammy Dodgers. They had started out as a movie critic group ( Anyone of you get the reference gets uber points. ) but over time slowly evolved into a world wide organzation trying to build a better future for the everyday man.

2. Your great grand parents might have fought for America, and their story is passed through the family.

3. Britain was taken by the New Roman Empire twenty two years ago. Maybe instead of 'Merica it could be Britain!

It would also be nice if you could edit or redo your IC post appropriately.

P.S.
Sorry for probably sounding like a dick... >.< Not how I want to come off.

Well, I still felt like a patroit. AMERICAAAAAAAA.

Boo I spent an entire plane ride writing that post!

But! I understand. I don't want to mess with your canon so I guess I will stir the pot a little less, lol.

The most seamless transition would be that her later relatives fought against the New Roman Empire (great-grandparents like you mentioned in scenario #2), in which case the rest of the post could pretty much stand on its own (few, if any, references are made that are contrary to the points you brought up in your post). The part with the guard referring to her as a Roman is not a reference to where she came from, but her nationality. The way I envisioned it, it'd be akin to saying "What's an all-American girl like you doing here", that sort of thing. Sorry for the confusion on that one.

I would have to revise the character profile, but as far as I can see I think the post itself can stand. And I'm not just saying that because I don't want to undo my work, I honestly don't think there is that much in the post that necessarily contradicts the points you've made. Sorry for being intrusive, it was not and never is my intention. D:

I just got excited after writing it all so as soon as I got internet access after my plane landed, I posted it. Sorry! Either way let me know what you need me to change. I will work on the profile ASAP.

Ooooooooo, the burning sensation of.....something.....DOES ANYONE ELSE WANNA PLAY KICKBALL RIGHT NOW?

S'Alright. Don't worry to much about it. Just change the history a little bit so it fits and re-edit the IC!

Also, just to be clear, I do not intend for my character to actually SUCCEED in overthrowing the government. That would be insane. I am also in no way saying that her cause is "right" or "just." If you think about it, she really is nothing more than an insurgent. A terrorist. You, and anyone else, are welcome to label her as such.

I actually planned for her to die later in the RP if it gets that far.
Not sure if that sets you at ease a little more, but just wanted to give you the heads up lol!

EDIT: I've edited the character bio to suit the scenario better. I am planning to leave the IC post as is unless you feel it should still be changed, in which case let me know.

Last edited: