GGO Operation Typhoon (IC)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
TruTitanBanner.jpg

First to enter the room after himself was a particularly cheeky girl. Very loud, very talkative, very full of herself. She seemed to attempt some half-assed method of intimidation, or perhaps a crappy joke. Either way, all Titan did in response was roll his neck slightly. The tough act from a scrawny little girl that couldn't chip his armor nearly as easily as she might think was of little interest. If she fucked up in the field, she'd get an ear full from him, but better to wait and see if the "scrub" was competent.

Next was a rather silent man who appeared as social as himself. Flimsily geared and apathetic, he almost looked inconvenienced by being here. Though it seemed he was the remainder, as once he seated himself the woman in charge began. She went through and explained the basics, both of the game and their agreement, along with a little stunt with an explosive showing just how much the woman valued the team. It was to be expected, they just wanted the money, like with most the rest of the squad. Still, it didn't do much to inspire teamwork.

Aside from the basics, there were a few that rose a brow. There would be meetups, mandatory apparently. That was great—Because Takumi was so excellent at conversing with others. Other than that bit of social anxiety, there was the matter of other groups taking the game a bit too seriously. They would be willing to kill them? Over some competition for ad revenue?

...Of course they would.

Some seemed to think the decision was an easy one. Why would anyone back out? Well, mayhaps some prefer not to be assassinated. Then again, the cheeky one made a good point. Sato wasn't very different from these other groups. Was this something you could just walk away from, even if they made it sound like you could? Would you be willing to take that chance?

"Jack in and see what happens... Fucking stupid," Titan's voice came through, dark and muffled by the helmet. He could already tell the type this one would be. This wasn't some game, ironically. This could have some very real, and very poor, repercussions. Regardless, like the others, it wasn't something he could back out of now, for a number of reasons.

Yes [x] No [ ]
"Then again, like little miss shit-eating grin said. No point in backing out. Better to just win."

nKvhUqT.jpg

With how Ryder had introduced themselves with listing off spoof names of the characters before her, it warranted a slight smirk out of Church at the very least, huffing at the 'Sephiroth' comment, "Not like we can decide the body types, after all... I won't complain. Got to say though, I like how the hard-ass Weiss got some bite with that bark." He said slowly, in a manner to play off what she said, "Matter of fact I even have a sword." Shaking his head the man chuckled halfheartedly as he leaned against the wall. Church looked over each individual that came before and after, listening to each one that spoke up, including Okuu again. It was tempting to have a drink, but he wanted to pay attention to every detail he could. He had some suspicions to confirm, answers that would make their way known to him. But, Ryder did seem 'kind' enough to offer a drink, the man shrugged his shoulders and sauntered over, giving an affirming grin. His earlier comment wasn't one to disrespect, but it could've been seen as one perhaps, "It's like the big guy said, a shot won't kill if its not a bullet, fine, why not..."

"Let's have some fun busting some heads out there huh?.. What ya say?"

A sniper of all people saying that, the enthusiasm was welcome at least. His gaze fell upon her as Shinra spoke those words, but he offered no retort at first but a grin, watching the results thereafter. "If you're swinging an Anti-personnel rifle like a baseball bat at somebody, then I'm not doing my job... Let's hope that won't be the case in the field." Then there was the 'scrub' caller. Interesting attitude, even more interesting gear selection. Everyone looked to have their own interesting quirks about them, yeah, even the final one to show up being the Herr Doktore.

At this point, Okuu began with the real meat of the briefing. Details on the tournament itself, reports of hard ordinance, their pay and how it'll work. Some of this they all likely had been told by the very same man that recruited them, including the reminder of the pain receptors. However, the real concerns didn't begin until after. Threat of real intervention by the opposing teams? Seriously? That just confirmed to Aiden one question he had about this whole ordeal, ~Oh that's just great. This is sounding more and more like a mafia movie, the scenes that build questioning suspense of 'who's the mole?' or something just before the crazy action begins... *Sigh*... Lovely...~ Church had a visibly exhausted look on his face as he rubbed his eyes after hearing that, rubbing the bridge of his nose afterwards. ~Hold on... Same city? And a video game club?...~ That got Aiden thinking, looking around the group yet again. This whole group are people within the same city outside of GGO? And a team they may face against has something to do with a school club? That wracked plenty of curious questions to himself, most of which he wondered if it had any real relevance to any of this. Sighing, he shook it off for now.

Accept Invite? Yes [ ] ; No [ ]

The window popped up on his screen. Yes, plenty of uncertainties had popped up now for some of them for sure. With what already had been told, what guarantee would it be for them to just walk away safe and sound with nothing to gain? Who knows if those threats of interlopers would come just for the fact they had been contacted, or worse, somebody from within? Again... Who knows.

Accept Invite? Yes [ x ] ; No [ ]

Pressing his finger to the menu, the squad overlay came up with his info popping in. After, Okuu's little show of the thermite grenade and her near slip of a visual cue of that of a pyromaniac with her prior description of setting grudging players ablaze reminded him of the beauty and questionable sanity that is GGO. Church cleared his throat quietly as he looked around the group again.

"So... Same city huh?... Well, that could be questions for later maybe. Guess I'll start for those that even give a shit to know, we'll all be working back to back eventually out there, perhaps literally. Alias is Church, my strengths are speed and aggression. I tend to use a Sig 550 model AR and a photon sword paired with a high-power pistol. I get the jump on people and pressure them to flush out of or move positions, giving as little opportunity of footholds as I hope to give. I doubt any of you would know who I am, I didn't put any effort to throw myself onto the global scene, nor do I expect you to know me. Even more so IRL, but the fact we just heard we're all in the same city, could be a small world... Err... As well, just a warning if this is somehow an issue, like some people I tend to take the whole 'character' thing a bit much... It's been splintering in this room here and there... *ahem*... Habits die hard, alright?" He didn't look all that ashamed to admit it, plenty people in GGO got into the habit of being absorbed in the character they had become in many ways.

Last edited:
ZmDxAOq.jpg
Watching her teammates talk and bicker amongst themselves, or banter rather. While there was some concern about the whole, people trying to kill them possibly or meeting up irl things, she was mostly ignored with a few quips being addressed to her. Shrugging and addressing them all at once, Okuu decided to lay some concerns to rest.

"Like nearly a Million People live in the City and in real life I'm a Private Investigator. So on a professional basis I have cause to not share where you are from. And after this is all said and done I hope I won't need to come back to your houses. Either way our meet ups will be in public or prearranged private locations, unless you want some company at home from all of us, you also don't have to attend, I couldn't care less and unless you actively keep contact afterwards, how many of you see the people you went to elementary school with on a daily basis? It's a big City." She says flatly, looking at her HUD with a few waves of her right hand, mostly to check the time and make a few final arrangements as the last of her invitations were accepted, rolling on to the next concern she shrugs slightly.

"As to the Hitmen stuff, well, yeah it's more Yen than most of you will make in your whole lives, myself included. I mean yeah big surprise some people would throw you off a building or break your legs for much less. Mercenaries make nowhere near this, yet they unload on lot's of people, heh it's almost like life does have a price and it's rather cheap. Either way we aren't important enough or towards any sort of finals for that and I'm working on a few things with Sato Group to make sure it's not a problem, I also have a bit of a..trump card in all of this. Point is don't worry about it. Games are meant to be fun, yeah?"

Turning her gaze to the one she knew was the Policeman, it lingers for a bit, as if to study him. As the meeting passed most just either kept to themselves or joined in with the social drinking, ironically made up mostly of the more loud and excited women, though some sparks did fly between the Hime and the German, on the verge of a bar room brawl, Okuu had taken her Markov out in silent warning but did little else as the minutes ticked by.

"Let's move. Oh yeah, Hime, you aren't old enough to be my senior, or high enough to deserve any sort of Sama. Also my dear green haired friend the burning weapons work about like those sabers according to the damage tick, but we can talk about that later."

~~~~~~~~Central Hub Market Street~~~~~~~~

Venturing into the Central Market and it's Hub, large billboards were plastered with advertisements, and honor guard of the City AI's were on display, and hundreds if not thousands of players were gathered, most to watch, bets were being placed, a few more of the players were being cheered for, booed or mocked. Just the typical fanfare that one always seen at sporting events, if anything was out of place it was the large mobile teleportation pad that serviced the area and of course two figures who were introduced by the Cowboy. Both apparently were some sort of announcers for this event, a bit of a crazy looking female that was covered in Demo work gear to an excessive degree with hot pink hair. And a man who looked as generic as an avatar could get, with some blue clothing and shades. Of note, both Avatars had a GM tag for the main company, if they were AI or actual players was a matter of debate.

"Hiya! I'm EyEdE, and this blue giant is;"
original_drawn_by_hetza_hellshock_f0090ee6872.jpg

"Hardstop. A pleasure." The man says in a serious manner as his partner frowns.

clark_still_metal_slug_metal_slug_attack_and_t.png

"Wow, way to go big man. Not very lively. Anyways we are the commentators for the Japanese side of the Finals, so let me give yah the breakdown. With the big Lug here. I'll let him do the boring parts, ehehehe."

"And you say way to go at me... Dysfunctional.. Anyways Currently in Operation Typhoon we have three Server Clusters running at full capacity. All in all around one hundred Teams of anywhere from eight to fifteen members strong, or just right at one thousand players will be taking part in our largest ever battle tournament, broken up into three divisions, matches will be as so..."

It seemed all in all 2/3rds of the teams would be annihilated by time of round two. In Japan, Europe and the US. Round three would then be a true global round, with Round three being a battle of those who were left. In part this was why the bracket was so spread out over the course of a few days, or weeks rather, with combat taking place every few days. This was roughly three to five times the number of people which were in Squad Jam. Thirty four teams alone were in the Japanese bracket alone, with in region of three hundred players. As the man spoke the make was split into a grid square that then divided into lines along some of those squares making a three way split. Overall the majority of players were men, but strikingly a large number of Avatars that were female were all what one could call beautiful.. Well that was advertisements at work huh..?

"Eleven, Eleven and Twelve Teams will be teleported into each regions for Regionals Round one until three teams are left in each bracket. The Remaining Nine Teams will then be cleared and round Two will commence, Ah yeah Round one will likely be split into two parts.. Killing over two hundred people in a few hours may prove difficult."

"Yeah it's not healthy if we let yah rot in the VR Machines! This ain't no SAO! Though we have tweaked things a bit!"

"Round two will continue until Four Teams are left, at which point you'll move on to the World Semi-Finals. Once two teams from each Cluster is left you shall enter the Finals, there a total of Six Teams from around the Globe shall battle it out."

"And what are the prizes and features?!!!" The bomb user says excitedly before removing her heavy EOD top, showing a girl with a rather normal attire.

"Well if you would let me finish.." Turning his attention back to the crowd, the man coughs. "Now for Rules and Prizes. We representatives of Zaskar cannot speak for your hiring companies but the promise prize on our end ar-"

"Hey! I got this! Ehehehe! For First Place! A crate of Epic Weapons! There will be one weapon for each of your team members tailored to your skills as well as 100,000 Store Credit! "Non-transferable into real currency." Weapons of which only one or three exist on the cluster are possible! And the Title Warlord! Second Place, You'll get 50k in store credit and a selection of Rare weapons from our Merchant Partners. Third place shall get 25k in store credit and a crate of Grenades and forty randomly selected Handguns. All teams will get a participation tag, and 2nd place will get a runners up tag! And the rest, well you get nothing. I mean close only counts in Horseshoes, Hand Grenades and Artillery Strikes."

"Moving on.. Part of why this is being drawn out is as you'll be using the actual world space. Consider it a Beta Test. So while you all are playing our players can't. Additionally the PVE presence will be heavily reduced, minus in the interior base and factory zones it will be increased and the exteriors of these locations will be heavily fortified. While you can go there we don't recommend it. Also about these zones of control, they are No Man's Land. Automation forces will be manning Defenses in them and the region will be bombarded time to time. Teams that are in the same 100 yard grid for two sweeps will also have their Grid's heavily bombarded. As to encourage pro-active gameplay. Scans will start out ever thirty minutes and decrees by five every hour. Until we reach 10 minute sweeps."

"Stay out of the water, it'll still kill yah!"

"Err yes. All normal game rules are in effect still.. Also we'll-"

"Be including supply drops, for each random field enemy, player or boss you kill we'll be giving teams points for airdrops, this will include respawns, ammunition resupply and even Vehicles!"

Visible annoyed the man continues. "Yes. There will be some AFV's on the field as well that you can repair or call in parts to do such, as to Bosses, this will be fellow Team management testing out new features and weapon systems, or people that we have employed, all of these bosses will have higher than normal values on health, strength, you get the point."

"Yeah! And the Artillery is also to test out our new SPG and Mortar lines! We may even have a-"

"We cannot mention that. Anyways each team will start at least one thousand meters from one another. Unlike previous Tournaments we'll be teleporting you in directly and a bit like in action sports, various sponsorers will be able to bid on you, place adverts and request special permissions during matches, with your battle views being broadcasted from overhead, or personal camera feed. In essence our corner of the web and the wider Esport community will be watching. Make no mistake, this is the-"

"Major Game Championship Of The Century!!! I WANT TO SEE EXPLOSSIONS! BANG BANG BOOM~~!!" Throwing her hands out to the side into a large display as if to mimic an mushroom cloud, her calmer partner losses his shit at last.

"Dammit woman! Let me finish!... Just get on with it. We'll be transporting you all, VIP's step on the teleporter."

Suddenly the various groups are teleported away, vanishing into blue and white light that broke their bodies down and reassembled them on the other side, inside of grey steel orbs, lit up by a display screen and a certain Bomb loving girl who looked as if she was in chronic need of sleep.

"Hey hey hey! This is EyEdE! I'll be talking to you scrubs, ehehehe~! I've seen a few of you, hey you the green haired one and the grasshopper, you two better burn and explodes lot of things. Amuse me and I'll make sure your airdrops fly just a little faster, capiche? Anyways I'm supposed to tell yah more, but yeah Gas Weapons are disabled in this and red circles will show up on your map right before a bombardment. I mean that's pretty simple, don't stand in the AoE marker, are our players this retarded?.. Ah anyways You guys for now, well, yeah your name, your name was shit. The other Sato Team took on the name DeadEnders, you guys I decided to name you Team Strykr! Hahaha, you can thank me later! Anyways you'll be part of the Central Japan Bracket. If you faggots don't like the name I gave you then file under form 7B and submit a new team name. Well Good Luck! I'll be rooting for you! Oh yeah stick together! Hahaha we didn't share this, but some of us like shooting the strays from our sniper observers, you can thank Okuu-Chan for that favor! Ahaha!"

With that the call abruptly ends and the dome dissolves, though it seemed heavily implied that at least the woman was an AI with Okuu's skill becoming useful for free, though it was discomforting how much this AI seemed to know. Though the high stakes money made sense now, they were basically like a Football or Racing Team, millions if not tens of millions of dollars were moving hands behind the screen, no wonder Kamoshida was being generous, he was making a hell of a lot more than he was paying.

original_drawn_by_treeware_sample-b8b1da9e8318ac266b889d175a7.jpg

"Damn. The Farmland." Okuu says blankly, clearly disappointed, though at least it wasn't the Grasslands, you actually had some alright cover here in the form of barns, irrigation ditches, scattered trees and farm houses. They were in good straights overall. Pulling out her PDA, the first scan began. Three Teams were within a five thousand meter radius of them with most being even further away. What caught her eye however was Team SLAMR was immediately turning and running for them.

"Get Ready! We'll have incoming in eight to ten minutes! One of our neighbors wants to get this kicked off!" Calling to the others she would let them make their own individual preparations as she herself took position in a small copse of trees. Already loading her Chinese made Assault Rifle and sorting her Grenades, Okuu keeps something of a vantage point, watching over the region and her fellow teammates. The good thing was they had a Barn here, a farm house and an irrigation trench. If these idiots wanted to fight a fixed position.. Fine.

~~~~~~~A Few minutes later ~~~~~~
1d063e890b061fa5c726af8e1f7f4b45.jpg

2b0a4a5858b5d7b7da4776d2f49ee9b8.png

To Okuu's disappointment this team was attacking, not as they were retarded but as they were fully geared and trained for assaulting. Wearing Gas Masks they looked like some sort of professionals and they had evidently judged there own team as the weakest link, aiming for easy points.

Out of Six points to the southwest, heavy smoke dropped with the familiar BLOOP sound a grenade launcher was given to make, providing cover for advancing infantry. As the smoke drifted, flowed and ebbed with the wind the signatures of fourteen people were evident. Already the Grenadier had vanished into a hedge row as two combatants with trench guns jumped down into the irrigation trench and eight men took to the wide open fields, every so often two would kneel and fire as the rest would charge alongside a medic headed right for their lines, two machineguns could be seen taking up positions with hills being used for cover as charging handles were pulled, already training in on the farm to support the advancing vanguard.

And at the head of it all, was a female sniper, who gave a polish style two finger salute before vanishing into the smoke.
BATTLE COMMENCE

Okuu could not do much but observe the opening act, orders would come and actions of her own based on the situation, there simply had not been the time to set up an ambush and even if they had, these men, while not by much, had more people, all armed with automatic weapons minus that sniper, in such a Rural area an Ambush would have been difficult, opening her Comms with the others, Okuu didn't care if the enemy was listening in.

"These little Stormtroopers wanted to farm us for easy points, well let's teach them they should have went elsewhere for that Truck or APC. Let's do this."

Last edited:
jinzobanner-png.162139

Rural Area
[Inside Upper Floor of Farm House]
With the initial team prep meeting seemingly over and done with Jinzo went along with everyone else as they all headed to the Central Hub. Okuu's words at the end were a little relieving in the sense that the Sato Group was indeed at least planning on protecting them in some manner of the sense. Probably only if they start doing well as its reasonable that you protect something that's making you ridiculous amounts of money.

Waiting around, listening to the announcers was of course a bit of a bore but fan fair was fan fair after all. He was of course sure to take mental notes in regards to what seemed important; supply drops, respawns, artillery bombardments for campers and especially the part about observing snipers shooting stragglers. Directly after EyEdE finished explaining the last bits to the team he'd say..."Thanks Boss." in a more or less bland tone as if a mother asked her child to thank a stranger. Though thanks to the voice changer within his mask it sounded even more bland and robotic to the point of likely being humorous to some.

Seems there was no rest for the wicked as Okuu rang the alarm; shit was gonna happen soon. The steel clad man observed his surroundings as his mind went immediately to the farm house nearby. It was a good position; it had cover and windows to shoot from. It was no fortress but it was a lot better than laying prone in the forsaken dirt. "I'll take up a gunner position inside the farm house." He'd report in a robotic voice over the comms as he was already jogging his way inside and made his way to the upper floor; Ryder seemingly following him inside. Once there he wasted no time opening up the west side shutters; planting the bipod of his light machine gun upon the door frame. He pulled the charging handle back in preparation with a loud shift of metal on metal; the long belt of rounds trailing from the side of the machine gun up into the side of his feeder pack.

It wasn't long at all after the Terminator managed to set up that he could see the smokescreens billowing as enemy combatants set up while others started emerged through the smoke towards himself and his team. His robotic voice came through once again over the comms. "Engaging!" He took aim at the group of Riflemen plus one medic and opened up on them with bursts of automatic fire from his MG42. A saw like buzzing sound emanating whenever he pulled the trigger. Hopefully giving those riflemen a taste of what it could have been like for the American's when they assaulted Omaha beach during World War 2.

w7jCrbv.jpg

AIKAWA ENJU - SHINRA
Following Okuu like the others they made it to the center of the tournament. Like themselves, there were many others prepared and ready for this huge event. Unlike Squad Jam, this was going to be different. They would not only be facing other teams of players, but there would have to be careful of their surroundings.

The players were not the only thing to worry about. Shinra had thrilling expression, listening to the two GMs about the rules. The more bosses they would kill, or anything actually, the more points they would get. "Wonderful. Other things to shoot from a distance, heh. And the reward in addition to what the Sato Group is offering.. Soo many collectibles, LOVELY.'' Once everyone had received all the neccessary information, the tournament was underway. This was finally happening.

Their team had spawned in the Farmland. The terrain was okay if not slightly better. They had cover, but luckily, it wasn't an open field where nothing could be used against their enemies. The redhead looked around in a circle. Nothing was out of the ordinary. No NPCs to kill for the time being.

However, like Squad Jam, you had a PDA here as well, which would reveal the location of all the teams after ten minutes. Like Okuu, Shinra too, pulled out her PDA. For her, it was quite important to know where their enemies would be. "Oi oi, what do we have here?"

"SLAMR is closing in Okuu-san!" Putting her PDA away, their leader had a nice response.

"So eager to go after us, huh? Do they believe we'll be an easy target?" Looking at Titan and the Terminator, she turned her attention towards the hills. Two partically walking tanks were on their team.

"Well, why don't you all worry about the team from here while I... Get over there? Kay?!" Enthusiastically, Shinra turned around and began to jog ever so slightly.

"I'll provide some information from up there for ya'll to navigate around.. If neccessary." A soft laugh escaped her lips. Minutes laters, give or take, she had made herself comfortable on the hills. She had a rather good vantage point from up there. There was a tree right next to her as well.

She used her bipod to neatly place her Cheytach. "Ohoo.. It's finally happening.." Caressing her sniper rifle ever so slightly, she continued.

"Lets see how powerful you are baby." Instead of using her binoculars, she used the scope to find the enemies. The enemy team thus far looked quite professional. Using smoke and a strategy to move forward. "Interesting..."

"Ya'll okay down there? I mean, they're coming in hot!" Laughing over the comms ever so slightly, The teams were firing upon one another. Shinra had gathered thus far that not everyone on the enemy team was present. They were supposed to be fourteen, but she could only see thirteen.

"Ah, they have a sniper too, eh?" Shinra whispered to herself. Remembering that she did see someone salute before disappearing. Anyhow, her team had already begun firing upon the enemy, and they did the same in return.

"Testing testing.. Ahem.. I mean.. Heavy fire incoming!"

"You got this T1000-san!" Even if Shinra did want to help T1000 and the others by picking off a target after another, she pointed her sniper rifle towards the hills on the other end. Proned and ready, she found the enemy sniper. They were hiding better than she expected, but again, they were not as good as her.

Nevertheless, it did cross Shinra's mind that maybe their sniper was trying to find her as well. "Oi oi oi!! Did we have the same idea?!" A grin was plastered on her face, her team could probably imagine that judging by her voice.

"What do you sound like?" The redhead excitedly whispered to herself. Her blue eyes focused, before she pulled the trigger of her bolt action sniper rifle, aiming for the enemy sniper. The 7-round magazine was less one bullet.

@RedArmyShogun @BlueFlameNikku @OthersMentioned

Last edited:
Reactions: Detective Zero
MourningGloryBanner.jpg

It didn't take long for the event to start once all the introduction and speeches were made. MourningGlory was eager to see where they'd end up. Hopefully they'd get a ruined city or somewhere equally full of hidey-holes and corners. She loved those.

Unfortunately for her, the result was... the Farmland. Ditches and a few silos full of water. Those both had the potential of flooding the ditches. Which meant she didn't want to be in there, as she doubted she was the first to think about flooding them. The smoke drifting out this way meant it was more than time to move her butt from here to somewhere with a little extra cover.

Her comm was new, but she could hear others clearly. Looked like Jinzo and Ryder were in the farmhouse, which meant she couldn't booby trap that one, darn.

"Heading into the house. Jinzo and Ryder, lure them there only if they get close but don't go inside unless you feel like triggering something."

Speak of the devil, she saw the grenadier heading into the hedge and with a wave, MourningGlory vanished into the house. He'd have Ryder and Jinzo to deal with. She had time to set up, so MourningGlory cracked her digital knuckles and went to work. This place had a two methods of entrance, so... above the door? One each to save for later on. Once those were set, MourningGlory waited deeper within the house, waiting for a message from the others. She needed to be there if the bombs didn't work, and needed to know what the plan was. For the moment, this would work. If she had to, she had a window for escape.

She couldn't die, because she wasn't eager to test out that new higher pain sensitivity. That, and now she'd set the bar high for herself to succeed on this. Some part of her conscience chided her with calling them scrubs, but MourningGlory wouldn't have it. Everyone was a scrub until they proved themselves. Everyone.

7dQA8OF.png

At last, the time for idle chat and banter was behind them as the hour of action had finally arrived. With an opposing team fast approaching the Okayama Provisional Team Number Two or Team Strykr! as it were now. Began to scramble into position before the team would make contact with the enemy. The Doktore for his part casually watched as his various teammates lugged their equipment about him. In no visible rush to make his own preparations given the imminent stryke. In contrast, he seemed rather aloof as he digested the tournament details from the opening announcement.

Vehicles... Those could be fun.

Though, not being born entirely without a sense of urgency and professionalism. He soon straightened out the loose ends of his mind and took up the task at hand. Surveying the surroundings he made a rough note that many were heading to the west side of the farmstead. Wanting to avoid a pile up on that side and leaving a weak flank, he decided he would take to the hedgerow's on the outside of the barn. Though, in reality he hadn't much a clue as to where he should station, aside from where the enemy would attack first.

Doing a quick check of his equipment his pace hastened before breaking into a brisk jog. Coming upon the barn it seemed to have seen better days. The roof in real need of a patch job or two, the paint had long since faded and begun to chip off in patches. Passing by this large weathered barn, its doors were left wide open as he peered in to see it largely empty aside from hay bales. Not paying it much mind, the Doktore made a right after the corner and began running along the length of the hedgerow. Following the irrigation trench to its start, he hoped with any luck to find where its water was tapped and to turn that on.

While not exactly special forces tier tactics, he planned if anything, that the water would make navigating and fighting in the trenches just a bit more difficult. He earnestly did not want to storm them from such an open field with the enemy readily providing cover, if it could be avoided. Finding it without much trouble, with a twist of the valve a hiss of pressure signaled the release of water. The Doktore there after reached up to his headset, and flipped channels.

"Mourn, this is Dok. If you plan to leave surprises for our guests in the trenches, best get on it. I just turned the tap."

No sooner had these words left his mouth did the sounds of the assault reach his ears.

"Tch, there goes that idea..."

Turning around quickly while drawing his side arm, the Beretta hung loosely in his hand as he began retracing his steps. Half jogging and half skipping, the sound of alternating gunfire slowly intensified ahead of him and to his right side. Prancing forward to where he could see mud and dead foliage kicked up by the incoming fire, he kneeled down beside the hedgerow for cover. Leaning into it to obscure his outline, he motions to his headset once again before opening comms to everyone on the team. Introducing himself once more, it was likely the first he'd really spoken since joining.

"This is the Doktore. I'll make things brief. Don't consider me your traditional medic. I'm not here to carry your bodies. Play smart and you won't need me. But, if you do. Don't go coming to me, I'll go to you. A local and condition are all I need, skip the bullshit. If you're missing a limb, it's a flesh wound. You got no legs? You're fine, catch the re-spawn. The only time you better be dying is if you're fine, so I don't got to make a wasted trip. If nothing's seriously wrong and you call me. ... You better start dying. ... ... That's all."

Cutting the address short there, the Doktore doesn't wait up for responses. Adjusting his MP5 so it hangs loosely ready on his hip. He takes a grenade in his right hand while firmly gripping his Beretta in the other, and scouts ahead through the hedgerow for the enemies flank.

@Karyra @Others

Reactions: BlueFlameNikku

YxIjWjM.jpg

Soon as she ported in, Ryder clicked her tongue in disgust. The farmlands were no fun for her, especially if she wanted see some guts spilled. Be it as it was, she tossed her UMP over her shoulder, below the cape and grabbed onto the AK-15. Using that SMG wouldn't be a good idea with this much distance between covers. Given her weakness when it came to long-range encounters, she'd have to find a way to close up distances and smash whatever unit she could, and of course that meant she'd be up for much higher dangers than normal… Not that she minded it all.

"Ah shit, fucking farmlands… This is gonna be fucking boring. Well, it doesn't matter. Now team, I'll leave one thing clear here for you all… You know that saying, "Keep your allies close and your enemies closer?" I live by that one, you know. Therefore, I'll just go on ahead and… Keep our enemies on a tight leash, give them a good old hug.."

Having said her intentions, Ryder began gearing herself to walk further than the group, she could afford to move faster due to the lightweight equipment and the lack of armor. She kept her distance from the group almost at all times, only getting chatter from radio and staying by the right flank. Every now and again she would drop down for a moment to see what was going on, making use of her cloak to hide as she pulled down the IR goggles to check any presences. Eventually the girl took a stop by a farmhouse by the time the group was farther behind.

She eyed her surroundings as the AK rested on her legs and the radio chittered with info from her allies. To the left there was little cover but a hedge row to keep them from seeing movement and a set of trenches that wouldn't provide much cover. In the middle, a large deserted field stood, fit for a straight approach, if anything. To the right, a large amount of cover was present, but it would probably not be good grounds for a quick approach. Considering her options, she made her choice as she saw the Terminator running in the direction of the house, and getting the idea of setting in a trap or maybe a surprise attack from behind if they attempted an assault at the farmhouse. For the most of the time, she followed after him, using the large armored figure as cover for her dashing in. It wasn't until she received the chatter from MourningGlory about her plan to booby trap the house that she made the snap decision of going for the barn instead.

"So… You'll be booby trapping the house… with the Teminator in there? All riiiiight, then, girl! I don't think I want to be in there anyways…" Ryder stated flatly as she turned to make her way away from that place, cutting radio as soon as she did. "What kind of dumb person sets up traps with their own in there?" Said the white-haired girl under her breath. Despite her words, she'd probably pout for a short while about her previous plan being ruined.

Still annoyed at having to change plans at such a moment, Ryder took to the north side to the back of the barn, she used it as cover before noticing a smaller ditch than the ones seen crossing the fields and another pack of hedgerows by the other side. Dropping low to take the information all in, she saw the figures across the smoke. In a normal scenario, if Ryder was on her own, she'd have just assaulted them through the field ditches, but as soon as she heard the noises of Machine Gunners shooting at the farmhouse, she knew that'd be a dead plan.

Taking another quick stride to the ditch ahead, she dropped in low and cloaked herself. Soon as her feet touched the mudded ground below her, she heard the firing off of the Terminator from the farmhouse as well. This was her chance. With those machine-gunners busy fighting others, she'd set up the trap for those coming in from the smoke, as well as anyone else who was about to drop inside.

Gun in hand, she creeped forward, laying as low as she could before stopping by a cross between trenches. Kneeling, Ryder took a quick look from below to see if there were any incoming voyagers before dropping low again. Deciding to get them with the surprise element, she took cover by the edge of the cross before going prone and using the water to hide herself alongside the cloak, she took a few deep breaths and lowered the aviator-like goggles before psyching up and tuning out everything around her, a few giggles erupted from her as she grinned. This was it… Up close and personal, now she just needed to wait for the shitheads and take the riflemen out as soon as they dropped in. Yes…

"This is going to be fun…"

Last edited by a moderator:

FmS8NTm.jpg

Graf Spee stayed silent for the duration of the briefing. She found there was no need for her to inject her own opinions into the situation or tactic and simply she would adapt her recon and marks-woman/grenadier abilities to the rest of the team.

Spee also found the GM's introduction and the rest of the knick-knacker the buffoon threw at her and her team as an example of cheap provocation. She cared less for what the GM and her partner had to say but was slightly interested as to the something 'secret' that they had prepared for all the players. Unfortunately that information was not released and Spee quickly dozed her attention away from the briefing and instead began to examine the equipment of her partners in deeper depth.

There was a sniper... armed with a competent caliber rifle and attachment setup. There was Okuu with whatever the heck she wanted to do with a flamethrower... and there was the killzone Helghast trooper who seemed like he was ready to have an anti-material bullet placed right into his head. Spee spent a bit more time on the Helghast juggernaut... especially focusing on his armor. It was nothing special and after a thorough yet brief observation, Spee determined that a simple series of SLAP rounds from her rifle would make quick work of him.

Spee eyes a few more of her teammates and the one that gained most of her attention was Ryder. An interesting CQC oriented player with... a notable lack of psychological development.

Spee grins... this was going to go two ways. Either they will have a friendly rivalry or bloody hate each other to bits. Either way... CQC players were always of interest to Spee as she found them quite fun to interact with especially whenever she encountered one in the city. The CQC player may have an edge in terms of mobility and swiftness but Spee knows the map... perhaps better than everyone on her team.

As the match started, Spee spawned with the rest of the team in the farmland. Instead of immediately checking the PDA or engaging in tactical conversation with her allies, Spee took the time to reestablish her connection with the map and more specifically, the terrain of the region she was in.

As everyone identified the enemy, chattered in tactical language, and parted ways to their self-designed, likely poorly coordinated intercept positions. Spee knelt down to the farmland and brushed the dried soil with her hands. Using her right palm, she gathers a fistful of the sandy material and rubs it in between both of her palms. Then she applies the contents to her face and sniffs it... very slightly.

A deep breath later... Spee went into action.

Recalling the previous radio communications, Spee determines her approach to the situation. Her objective was to support the idiot(s) who had the audacity to charge into the enemy. Idiot(s) like
Ryder. Looking around, she sees a trio heading into the farmhouse. This position was full and Spee's attitude towards entering the building dropped when she heard the sound of grenade launchers far off in the horizon.

She scans left of the house and locates the silos... two of them. They were...definitely higher than the house and barn. Spee then looks at the smoke screen and then back to both of the silos. Using some eye-ball trigonometry, Spee determines the silos would be highly advantageous observation posts.

There was only one problem. Common logic, in this case, states that if you can see your enemy, they can also see you too. If the enemy combatants spot her, undoubtedly they will direct all their firepower at her and it's bye bye Spee Spee. However... if she recalls correctly. Weren't the silos considered 'Immortal Objects'? She hesitates the option to climb the silo for a moment but quickly devises a strategy to determine the armor-proof capabilities of the silo because who knows what the GMs have changed for the game?

She aims her rifle at the silo and squeezes semi-auto three times in rapid succession directing her shots to observable points near the access ladder behind the silo from where she was facing it. Next, she leisurely walks over to the ladder and climbs up the silo. Soon she reaches the approximate heights of where here bullet's exit holes should have been located. Oddly enough... there weren't any. To be sure, Spee pulls out her G18 and squeezes one right into the silo.

'Immortal Object' appears and Spee quickly climbs to the top of the silo. At least to the point where she can poke her neck over the roof of the silo and conducting some spotting.

Spee scans the battlefield in front of her. At the same time, she spawns an accessory jumpline she had in her storage and ties her self to the ladder leaving enough rope to allow her to bungie jump off the silo if anything unexpected happens.

After conducting housekeeping measures, Spee sees her team engaging their hostiles already. She brings her rifle to bare onto the medic just as an MG42 erupts towards the group's general direction. Seeing them prepare to brace for cover as the rounds headed towards them, Spee mentally determined a point where the Medic would land himself onto the soil.

"Spee, engaging enemy medic. Shots out."

Finger on the trigger, Spee sends 3 precisely calculated, controlled shots at the medic. The first for his right shin, the second for the man's torso with an intent to cause a lung rupture or if lucky enough, immediate cardiac arrest, and finally the third shot was meant for the head.

TruTitanBanner.jpg

Slinging the gattling onto his shoulder, the alert of incoming enemies made him roll his neck as he moved to take a position. They were going to run at them; probably thought the group was fodder. They'd be in for a surprise.

"Team SLAMR... Fucking really?" The muffled voice mocked behind the helmet.

Moving his position to the ditches, he readied his minigun. It was less cover than the farmhouse, but better to spread out the suppression nests. Besides, the terminator had some decent armor, but Titan was more akin to an MMO's tank. A little more open he could handle with his armor.

Looking to the horizon, it seemed as though SLAMR was beginning their assault. Some machinegunners in the hills for cover, a sniper, and then the stormtroopers charging up Omaha Beach. The grenadier was being a bastard, hiding in hedges, the sniper was—being a sniper, the terminator and MourningGlory seemed to have a handle on the zergers. The MG's had no stress though. That was rude, to leave them to their own devices.

Propping the large firearm up, steadying it with the front handle, Titan held the trigger with his right hand. The barrel began to spin with the sound an machine engine and after a few moments began peppering lead across the hillside. Strafing the end of the gun from left to right, he wanted to make sure those machine guns had at least something to worry about. He was unlikely to actually get either of them, but they'd be less inclined to shoot with bullets hitting next to their head.

"I'm pissing off the hill-campers... Let me know if you need a strafing anywhere else." As was expected, most of the team seemed to more focus on specific sections of the enemy team rather than working together. Then again, if everyone could actually pull their weight, it might not matter. If they couldn't, that very annoyed medic would have to pick up the slack.

nKvhUqT.jpg

And so it all began. STRYKR versus SLAMR huh? Everyone made their moves, set themselves up, made traps and environmental changes - some were questionable but no time to argue. During the time they had to set up, Church had run off South to the hedgerows there once they learned where the enemy was going to approach from. Soon enough the bullets had begun to fly, smoke clearing the enemy team's advance. Overlooking what was going on currently, Church wasn't inside any of the fortifications but studying how the enemy was moving. "Trying to rush in with most of their numbers huh?... Let's see how that lets them fair. Smoke works both ways and I'm finding myself in an equal risk situation. No way I'm retreating back to the others without taking fire and plenty of it. Guess all I have to do is push in on the enemy's support - sounds good..."

He waited as more bullets flew, taking note of what caliber if he could even tell the difference in the cacophony of lead. Swinging around the Southern hedgerow, he was coming up on the hills. A decent chunk of open ground to cover, but if the closest machinegunner did not spot him, he'd have a good chance to drop one of them while set up. The other factors he needed to consider were whether or not the sniper could react or if they had a fourth up on the hills to cover their three support by the looks of it. Still, in Church's situation he had to act and this was the smoothest route he could come up with to provide results.

"This is Church, about to be rushing behind enemy lines, I could be fucking myself over but if things go well, SLAMR won't have supporting fire. Shinra, if you're still good I'll see if I can't give you some openings too... My position made it impossible for retreat when the bullets started flying. You lot better hold your own, Church out." He cued that much over the radio at least before the man made his move. Rifle in arms, he started to book it over to the Southernmost MG'er, rounding about to flank if he had the advantage of surprise or not - if they were laying fire down in a set up, they'd need time to adjust unless these people really were able to back up the confidence of singling STRYKR out at the get go.

Once the time came, Church would send five single-fire rounds from his rifle upon his target.

ZmDxAOq.jpg

"Wow! Look at that!" "Hmm, seems Team Stryker and team SLAMR are kicking off the battle, tuning in now."

As the first exchanges begin, not all had went as many of the players on team Stryker had expected, proving an old age adage;

The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.

Firstly the farm house is wracked by an explosion, sending the might Jinzo falling through the roof, while his shots had slowed the infantry advance overall most of his rounds went high, kicking up dust and eventually lighting up the ceiling. The MG-42's fantastic rate of fire was suddenly a makeshift anti-aircraft gun, before the large man would be winded and missing a modest chunk of his HP. While the Silo's may have be marked as map features, the houses were made into destructible cover long ago, though one that was nigh impervious to small arms. Upon hitting the ground Jinzo would come across quite the sight.. (@BlueFlameNikku)

Next the Camera cut to a split screen showing both snipers facing off against one anothe,r a thrilling game of Sniper vs Sniper, Shinra Versus Raiko. "Oh wow! Look at that Exchange!" shouts EyEdE, while the more composed HardStop nods. "Ah yes, a thrilling tale, the bidding seems to be evenly split a truly exciting One on One." As Shinra squeezes her trigger sending a round down range, she had the time to just see a flash from the other rifle, the nametag of Raiko clearly visible, with a faint red line appearing briefly one round would strike home and the other would miss by mere centimeters as Raiko rolled and darted into the high grass around her position, Shinra would take a .308 round to the left shoulder, which entered and exited clearly, just a handbreadth from her own heart, causing her HP to drop, fortunately it was not a fatal wound and her equipment and Avatar were still good to go, as a glowing red pixilated hole covered the entry and exit points, moving her left arm would be difficult but possible. (@Akashi)

Suddenly shifting vantages, why Jinzo went through the roof made total sense as a large screen cut briefly to MourningGlory's vantage point, having provoked the Grenadier and going about setting her traps, the man had reloaded. Mouthing words to the effect of fucking bitch. Giving a one finger salute, he empties his six round launcher into the central farmyard area, with a one in a million one grenade sails through the central window, lands in a pile of explosives that MourningGlory had set, with a thunderous explosion rocking the house, a quarter of it turns into smoking ruble.

Fortunately none of her other bombs had exploded, leaving the house intact. Down to a quarter HP, MourningGlory would look down, seeing two red glowing nubs where her legs used to be. To cheers from the crowd and more than a few dark laughs, the game included a banner advertising Dismemberment insurance policies at a cheap and affordable rates. While exceptionally painful, she was at least near an ally and the worst had not come to pass.

"BANG BANG BOOM!"

Temporarily exposing himself for the exchange, his name was SeaBee.
(@Karyra /Nikku)

Meanwhile the camera cuts to a birds eye view with miniature screens showing several scenes playing out more or less at the same time. First up the focus showed the Doktor flooding the central ditches, as EyEdE whistles in a low tone as the water began gushing out at odd times into the makeshift trench network, the achievement "Riverman" and "Ferryman" flashed on his screen announcing kills through drowning other players. But before he could ponder this on his long trip, the Medic had made a second unfortunate happenstance upon himself, facing him was a Hooligan, Deathclaw looking creatures from early 21st and late 20th Century games. Unleashing a throaty roar as it slashed the medic across the chest, knocking him back a considerable distance. Doktor's HP started to dip rapidly as his Grenade went off, blasting away a section of the hedgerow, freeing the beast to attack any and all parties, or to run freely in the field, whatever it's AI chose. (@Astros)

Ryder during her flurry of activity succeeded in ambushing the first four attackers, leaving them dead or dying when the water came surging in. Knocking her over she would only get credit for one kill as the Doktor would claim the other three. With little time to think, multiple explosions would shake the earth around her, though escape should be easy from her predicament at least. No enemy attention was as of yet to be attached to her. (@Yzmael )

In a quick and rapid sucession Graff Spree fires multiple well aimed shots at the Medic, Crossman was his name as the smoke drifted showing him to all. The Riflemen were dodging for cover or attempting to, having to deal with scattered gunfire from the MG-42, which while largely missing or causing light damage, had slowed them. The Sudden Death of the medic as multiple rounds tore through his dome had then froze the squad in place, as a single man four men took aim and opened fire in what would prove to be a fatal mistake...

"Amateurs."
(@The Perfect Cadence )

Next up in the upper corner of the Screen, TruTitan took aim with his Gatling gun, or rather that is to say, he pointed in the general direction of the hills and held down the trigger as he turned it into a wide arc, emptying rounds by the 100's into the hillside in a suppression arc. Every so often a bullet would strike home upon the two gunmen and any other fool who was in the open. Either way the Power Armored warrior kept his footing as the crashing flow of water entered the Trench, his HP slowly ticking away, he would have to soon exit the ditch. (@EmperorsChosen)

Between all the hell breaking lose, Church had a rather unopposed run up the southern flank, exiting behind the Southern Hedgerow's and up the Southern Hills, the enemy MG'er here was already suppressed and pinned, being pummeled by heavy rifle rounds as he desperately returned fire to support her teammates. Noticing too late as a short burst of rifle fire finished off her already worn armor and with it her life. The skull and bones with the word DEAD flashed on screen before Church who would take credit for the kill that TruTitan had assisted with.

"That's what I call Teamwork." (@Detective Zero)

Finally three key events were displayed as a 2nd Achievement would flash on killing a 4th player with water; Ocean Man.

As Fenyx stood down in the trench a smirk was plastered on her face with closed eyes, waiting for the enemy to jump down much as Ryder had, unfortunately this had been the enemy CQC team, named Fenris and Fafnir. Down in the depths of the Trench it was two against one with the same weapons and equally alert opponents, though this was not a fair assessment... In the words of Erwin Rommel "In a man-to-man fight, the winner is he who has one more round in his magazine."

In this case, the man-to-man outnumbered Fenyx and had just as many rounds, preferring to use AA-12's opened fire, with one laying low and the other standing. While Fenyx had gotten a shot off, plus two more into the ground, huge chunks of her body were torn asunder with the glowing red wound markers, a leg and an arm on opposite ends being reduced to half stumps and a portion of her right eye being gone with the skull. Still alive and on low health, the two men stare wide eyed before climbing out of the ditch in a hurry as the sweeping waters rushed through, drowning and killing the battered and drained Fenyx in a painfully slow manner as her body was crushed under the rushing waters, drained of air and slowly strangled to death, her pain receptors went high enough to actually log the girl out of the game.

And with that Doktor got his 4th Water based kill of the day. "Wow what a team killing Fucktard, he also let the Hooligan go free. Well no one shoots a medic in the back at least, hehehe."

Altura made the most of the situation, firing from the Barn into the Northern MG'er, though not killing the man, he withdrew hastily from his position seeking cover in the open fields behind the hill, aiming to support the rest of his team from behind the hill. Taking the time to make the use of the pinned down riflemen, Okuu takes careful aim with her thermobaric rocket launcher. Being a exceptionally rare weapon the men did not spread out as the rocket fired from a couple hundred meters in the distance.

With a normal Rocket Launcher this was a sound plan, splash was light and it was a dedicated anti-armor weapon which would at worst throw them back or kill one of them, not that they could dodge much currently as well, swearing curses as four men on the team suddenly and swiftly died.

They were also unfortunately wrong, expanding into a sheet of flame the thermobaric weapon explodes into a curtain of flame, setting the men alight, who screamed horrible in some instances. Okuu's warnings on fire now made sense, while in theory it did burn away the nerve endings, GGO was not able to 100% able to replicate this effect, much as with beam sabers the weapon simply consumed. Until damage reached critical area's it was like watching tankers from the History's more modern wars, rolling around on fire as they slowly cooked to death or asked for the mercy of an officers pistol to the head.

Okuu looking at her team score was slightly concerned with how the blind girl had just disconnected as she did, watching her own kill feed light up she had claimed three kills while a 4th was well on it's way, connected to her team as she surveyed from the tree line, her instructions were simple as her warnings.

"Hehehe..Let em Burn. Jinzo, if your spine isn't broken help Glory get someplace safe, I'm assuming she's missing some pieces. Watch out those CQC shitheads are coming your way. Titan, Ryder, are you both out of the drink? Shinra work with Church, I'm moving forward with Altura.. So far I think we killed all the riflemen, medic, the two shotties are still left, ah yeah the rifleman, one of the ones I set on fire is dying slowly, lively screams huh? One Machin gun is silenced, the other is on the run.. I'm impressed, we are winning this..but yeah I think err we'll need more rules if that sniper doesn't kill us all. Also that Grenade Launcher is sure to take a liking to us.. Good news is he won't fire on his friends... Doktor.." Sighing heavily she doesn't say anything else at the man before carrying on.

"Also all heads watch out for a rampaging Hooligan coming in from the North." Switching her radio off and moving up, Okuu may need to readjust her weapons if there CQC didn't log back in, but the girl had died in a very nasty way versus the three riflemen who had drowned, they all were at least ko'd when the waters crushed them. (@everyone)

Last edited:
MourningGloryBanner.jpg

A split second.

"Tch."

Boom

She waited for the whine and the pain to decrease. No joke, the pain sensors were cranked to eleven. Looking down she bit her lip to dull the pain. Her opponent gave her a one finger salute. Well. This game was going well. She was never going to live down her 'scrub' comment now, was she? Ugh... that almost seemed worse than knowing that people were laughing at her bad luck and dismemberment.

"That ain't nothing you-"
MourningGlory's smile only got wider as she spoke. "You left me alive, buddy. And this game has respawn. You seem to think it matters if I live after this!"

Her gun had clattered to the floor, but she had already pulled it up and took aim at the shotgunners. If I can hit one then I'll redeem myself who cares about pain I just have to shoot this guy and Jinzo will either abandon me or come get me but doesn't matter because if I die pain goes away.

Her thoughts jumbled together. How she had held out with her pain being as such was a mystery. But as long as she could focus on this action, she could hold out. After her massive screw up, didn't matter if she made the shot or not. Just that she tried.

As long as MourningGlory could carry on while knowing she looked bad than Sakura could deal with the pain later. She'd be fine.

She took aim and then let off a shot. She died, she would die. The game made it only temporary anyway.

Crack!

"Oi, Jinzo! Better get in here while the getting is good! Think we got company!"

@BlueFlameNikku

jinzobanner-png.162139

Farm House (First Floor)
Despite knowing that his own shots were not downing the enemies in the field the gunner was still pleased that it appeared to make the shots of his teammates a little easier to land. That is of course until he was given a one way express elevator ticket that sent him straight down onto the first floor. He landed with an audible robotic grunt as his armored steel back smacked hard against the wooden floor. "Gahh!" Sprawled on the floor for a moment as he slowly ascended to one knee. Looking down the way the Terminator could make out MourningGlory just as the mass of explosions detonated from inside the building; the gunner instinctively raised his arms in front of his face.

Looking back towards the epicenter of destruction a corner of the house was all but gone and splintered and the green haired player was now legless but still as lively as ever it seemed. He stood to his feet and checked his weapon just as Okuu's voice came over the comms once again. Seems he was to assist Miss Legless. What a chore. She calls everyone scrubs then goes and blows up the floor out from under me and even gets her legs blown off. The gunner debated on what to do as enemies were closing in fast so dragging her to a safe position was practically worthless at this point and as humorous as it would be to use her as a stand for his machine gun she had low health and a dead teammate was a wasted resource. Besides, he could imagine how much worse her pride would be hurt if she was actually saved by someone.

The metal man stammers upwards and jogs towards MourningGlory around the time she fired off a shot at the enemy and shouted out at him. The large metal man stopped right in front of the legless woman, his back to her. The left side of his body providing cover for her right as he stood while she sat. "The only thing I hate more than you right now...is company." He said as his glowing red eye pieces and MG42 swung towards the oncoming CQC duo. With his free hand gripped upon the bipod for stability he held down the trigger; letting out a long stretch of automatic fire.

@Karyra

7dQA8OF.png

The Doktore had expected many things on the far side of the hedgerow. An open field with farming equipment, several members of the opposing team, or maybe even more rural structures. What he had not expected however was the hulking eight foot tall monster waiting just on the other side of the greenery. Without a moments reaction, in which case he would have no doubt thrown his grenade. The beast took notice of the Doktore in an instant and gave a thundering roar that felt like it could rupture eardrums. Feeling his throat vibrating within his chest, the Doktore's breathing was briefly interrupted as the world went mute and slowed down while the Hooligan drew back its lengthy arm.

Fuck me.

Losing consciousness upon impact, the world went black for a moment and then the Doktore suddenly found himself flying through the air with the sky trailing his vision. Hitting the ground hard he rolled once before landing spread eagle against the dirt. Without a sound, he lay motionless for a bit before a loud gasp indicated he was still alive. HP dropping at an alarming rate, he could hardly take note as the suddenness of the attack left him bewildered. Eyes instead glued to the monster that had almost tore him in half, the Doktore raised his MP5 and began to crawl back slowly toward the hedgerows. If he was lucky it wouldn't notice him and he could slip back into cover and heal his injures. However, if it did... he fully intended to not experience being eaten alive.

He had two more frag grenades, if it came to it.

w7jCrbv.jpg

AIKAWA ENJU - SHINRA

"Ah well.." A sigh escaped her lips when she saw the flash from the other rifle. Shinra did not have the time to move in order to dodge the incoming bullet. Her blue eyes widened ever so slightly at what was to come, and only a mere moment later, a bullet went through her left shoulder and out the back. A damn clean hit.

The pain was definetely something. It was a lot more than she anticipated. The enemy sniper, Raiko had dodged her bullet, but only by so much. Shinra bit her underlip due to the pain, and rolled over behind the tree to get some cover. Panthing and laughing at the same time, she spoke up to one but herself. "Damn.. This hurts!!"

Shinra squeezed her left arm while her Cheytac was placed between her legs. Leaned against the tree, she tried to bare with the pain. This was definetely something she would have to get used to. It was a good thing she got a taste of it right off the bat. To the best of her ability, from her point of view, she looked at the injury. "Okay, okay.. It isn't that bad.. I can recover from this.. Heheheh.."

"Raiko eh? I'll remember that..." Acknowledging the enemy sniper, she peeked with her head out, towards the sniper location. Apparently, Shinra's foe was still in hiding, but lucky her, she had some idea about where she had disappeared to. However, things quickly changed below the hills as the fire between both teams intensified. An explosion and the damn house was almost blown to pieces.

"T1000-san, Glory-chan.. You guys.. Okay?" Shinra was speaking in intervals, due to her own pain, but her expression was rather curious. Was there someone else from their team there? She could swear to god that she missed someone. Taking a pause, she closed her eyes. Inhaling and exhaling as slowly as possible, she was concentrating on her next step.

A few seconds later, Church's voice got her attention. He was apparently behind enemy lines and close to the sniper as well. He could provide back up. "Oh, nice, that's good. Thats.. WONDERFUL actually." A wide grin was plastered on her face, before she rolled to the side of the tree and placed her sniper rifle on the left side it, unlike before, when she was positioned on the right side of it.

It didn't take long for Okuu to relay orders to the rest through the comms. "Working with him? Already on it Okuu-san. I might accidentaly shoot him.. Oops.. You weren't supposed to hear that, hehehe. Obviously I didn't mean that."

"It's a good thing I'm a righty." She whispered to herself.

Proned and ready once again, with the recoil pad tightly pressed against right shoulder, her eye through the scope, in an attempt to find Raiko. "Church, get close up to the high grass if you can. The sniper is likely somewhere there... In case I miss my shot, you'll have to use the opportunity to catch the enemy sniper when they try to go after me again.."

'I'll compliment you for getting a shot in, but you'll be regretting missing my heart.' With a smile, and with .408 bullet in the chamber, she focused well towards the high grass for the smallest of movements. The moment she saw the enemy she assumed where the head was, before pulling the trigger.

@BlueFlameNikku @Karyra @RedArmyShogun @Detective Zero @Others

Last edited:

YxIjWjM.jpg

With her ambush set and time on her side, it didn't take long until the first of Rifleman dropped in. As soon as he did, he'd look to his side to see water flowing and a predatory figure causing the water flow to be obstructed. Worst of all... Was that... Was that an Assault Rifle?

"Peek a boo!" Shouted out the cloaked figure as she slammed her finger onto the trigger in a rush. The first one to fall did try to warn his comrades, but it was too late. Suppressed firing sounds from her AK-15 echoed through the trenches followed by what seemed to be a mad laugh of happiness, like a child who had just received a brand new toy. Ryder was livid as the bullets flew through and downed three of them, killing the first one almost immediately as she emptied half of her clip in full auto fury. However, to spoil her victory, the water flow became stronger and eventually a river of water went straight above her. As the water passed by her, it got the other three players behind the first that she planned to kill up closer. Suffice to say... It pissed her off to get her kills stolen like this. The man hadn't even done anything to get those damn kills. Rising up from the water quickly enough to barely take any damage from it, she sat on the side of the trench, engaging her cloak once more as she muttered complaints.

"Son of a... Those where my kills for fuck's sake, why did he get them!?" She asked as she looked through her map now already on the move towards the hedgerow. Before she could check her map, she received a message from Okuu that caused her to smile. As she looked towards the place where before there was smoke, now there was fire... And burning corpses... As well as a poor soul still burning. "Aw, Okuu, I'm so happy you're worried about me..." She exclaimed across the radio in a joke as she now turned to see the blown-out farmhouse, a knowing smile gracing her lips one more time. Well, if the house was out, then that meant the grenadier was nearby... Time to go on a manhunt. "Anyways, I'm fine, Old Woman. I'll seek out that grenadier, take him out before he manages to deal more damage."

With that being said she quickly headed north-east with her cloak high and active. It didn't take long for her to find the man trying to sneak up a couple of shots into the barn from the hedge rows. Speeding up and taking cover by the large wheels of a nearby destroyed tractor, Ryder knelt down and set her rifle to semi-auto, aiming carefully as the name the name SeaBee popped up, Ryder quickly fired a couple shots at the center of mass: the man's chest. If she managed to hit the grenades, it'd be quite the spectacle. Despite previously being hyped and excited for the kill, this time the girl seemed more or less focused. It was a complete different sight, as if she had been satisfied with the previous danger or just was so angry at Doktore for stealing the kills that didn't even bother to set up any expectations for this kill.

nKvhUqT.jpg

"Church, get close up to the high grass if you can. The sniper is likely somewhere there... In case I miss my shot, you'll have to use the opportunity to catch the enemy sniper when they try to go after me again.."

As Church had stood low in place after his initial kill tally, he was going over what was being said over radio as that last bit from Shinra came about. Nodding to himself, the man picked himself up as he eyed the other hills around him before making a move, "If we're lucky that's all you'll have to do and I can go with something else in mind. However, should you miss again, I will come in to finish the job before they have time to react with their rifle. Their support is falling apart and I'm sure you want to pay them back in kind... If you miss or don't kill them, I'll make it interesting for you. I suggest turning your attention to their remaining MG after you fire. Or, be more wary of the Hooligan's activity. The last member we want dealing with that thing up close is you and right now we can only hope no one aggroes it."

He was making his way up the hills from the South still, taking position to overlook the rest to spot out their sniper. Should he find them, he'd move in to close the distance and removed his rifle from his hands, slinging it behind him. Around now it was likely Shinra had taken her shot and would show what his next actions were going to be, already taking some steps towards that. Taking out his sidearm and sword, Church did not activate the photon sword until he would need it - the noise would tip them off far too well of his approach unless he was about to strike at that moment. He was ready to move onto the sniper's position regardless of what happened, whether it was to counterattack or micromanage. Still, if things went well he had two options in mind; If the sniper lived, he'd back up what he said and give the long-range fighter some fun with a lightshow. If they were taken out, it would hasten his idea of handling the rest from his position - behind enemy lines, their numbers were dwindling fast and any survivors would have to realize they'll have eyes on them in several directions. This battle may be over sooner than SLAMR expected and surely not in their favor at this pace.

But for how long?

TruTitanBanner.jpg

With an assist from Church, one MG nest was silenced and the other too wary to peek his head out. Good timing, as no later did the trenches begin to fill with the toxic liquid. Fenyx was swept away and even logged out, however unlike her, the metal giant kept his footing against the push of the flood. While he wasn't displaced like a smaller, lighter player would've been, it was still taking a toll on his armor and health, meaning he'd have to relocate.

"One MG down. The other's pussing out for the moment. I'm changing positions," Titan called out to the team as he began to tread and stomp himself out of the flooded trench.

Analyzing the status of the rest of the team, Fenyx was just gone. The scrub-lord tried to be cheeky with some traps and paid for it, though she was still hanging in and fighting. The doctor would either save her ass or she'd respawn and hopefully get a better position to take some heads. The terminator seemed to be helping her, or trying to. Speaking of the medic, he had come across a literal monster; a beast that ran on hunger and instinct. Usually it took a few DPS running around in opposite directions screaming to take them down. On his own, Titan didn't have much faith the good doctor would make it. Moving on there was also the sniper, who seemed to be faltering in her battle against the enemy sniper. Then again, she wasn't dead yet, so maybe Shinra would impress him.

"Moving to the house to provide support... assuming it doesn't get blown up again." Right now there wasn't much to do, most of the team had eliminated its opponents rather effortlessly. That, or the enemies were ones he couldn't deal with in his position. The scrub and terminator seemed to be in the most trouble. If he got there and they had it under control, then he'd see about keeping the MG or sniper pinned.

ZmDxAOq.jpg

As the two tried covering one another, Mourning Glory retained enough self-awareness to defend herself, she lines up one hell of a spur of the moment shot, blasting the already slightly wounded gunner in the chest, taking him off his feet and prompting the dead tag, earning the achievement; "Tis just a flesh wound." for making a kill while missing both legs. However her luck seemed set to end, having expelled her strength on the first shot Jinzo quickly made way to cover her, when the worst possible thing happened upon his pull of the trigger... *CLICK* (karyra)

He wasn't out of ammo, but the dust and clutter had done what it always had to pristine German engineering, the gun had jammed. with MourningGlory covered by him, she could not fire, neither could he reload in time.. With a loud Boom a 12 gauge round impacts into his left side, smacking the armor like a hammer upon plate, while it had not penetrated, such close range hammering coupled with his already winded fall would only delay his efforts more as the man slams in a new mag, holding his finger over the trigger to taunt the pair,

"Heh, I'm gonna enjoy this, well sorry about your damn-" Sighting his shotgun, the man's head suddenly erupted into a red circle as a burst of rounds passed out was once his head. (Nikku)

"-Luck?" Watching him fall to the Floor Okuu looks at the pair before shaking he head with a sigh. "Well at least you both are alive huh? Anyways, I'm calling..something into the field, it's on the old side of things, but it should help us here. Just keep MourningGlory out of the way for at least two more minutes, her legs will be back." Though it had been a quick save it seemed to hint that Okuu either had an absurdly high strength and vit stat or had put a lot of points into agility, having ran so far, so fast.

"Oh, is that what they call German Engineering? The fire starter got there fast huh?" A sarcastic EyEdE says in response, as HardStop nods. "Indeed, after MourningGlory killed his friend, he made the mistake of making this personal when other enemies were in the AOE."

"Well if that Grenadier does-" Before she could finish a loud BOOM could be heard as the ground shaken with a deafening roar.

As if to repeat a scene out of the Second Squad Jam, Ryder took aim at the Grenadier, who had kept spare rounds on his chest in a satchel , detonating his spare munitions. Though her first rounds had only hit his vest, sapping away little HP, SeaBee had time to turn, leveling his launcher and firing a round off.

Missing high it arced through the air, over her, over the hedgerow and in a one in a million shot hitting the Hooligan.

With an enraged roar, the best tore past doctor, stomping over him as he ran down to the valley where panicked MG Fire pelted him more, the poor bastard never stood a chance. The Machine Gunner that was, with a startling yell the Hooligan swung it's razor sharp claws, beginning a melee slash and dash as it hunted the center of it's aggression with a demonic efficiency. Belatedly Ryder would earn a newly made achievement shown in the highlight back at the stadium, given words by the overly enthusiastic AI. "This Old Woman will send you to the next World, Girl, though good shot."

"Wow! Bang, Bang, Boom! Return to Sender!" Highlighting the multiple detonations as the man simply ceased to be.

Next up was the sniper Duel Round Two. "Oh those two are back at it?"

This time Raiko and Shinra would face off once again, working the bolt of her Springfield, as she surveyed the situation a frown creeped up under her gasmask.

"Damnit... if the timing were better.." So far only she and the Machine Gunner were left, everyone else was dead or dying, even if she killed Shinra there was still nine others to deal with. Taking aim at the Hooligan who was now hurting her last remaining teammate, Raiko notices the bullet line, jerking just in time, she took the round to her helmet, skirting into and around the side, it impacted into her right shoulder, blasting the arm off. As her health dipped at an alarming rate,, the girl quickly brings up her own menu, looking towards Shinra she gives her two finger salute, followed up with a wink behind a shattered gasmask glass..

*RESIGNED* popped up above her head, with that, her MG falls to the ground, the Hooligan continuing it's attack upon the corpse. The team had secured it's first win...

Across all Coms Okuu spoke, as the roar of a heavy jet transport could be heard overhead, a single parachute in it's wake.

"Well that was a waste, I bought us a BTR-60, roofless, Power Armor Boy wouldn't fit in the roofed one, it's not the best but it'll stop small arms yeah? Anyways head back here fast, we need to get moving..."

~~~~~~~~~~~A Few Moments Later~~~~~~~~~

More or less safe inside of the Soviet Built APC from the 1960's the Team would travel on into the woods, getting away from the open and more contested planes. Okuu didn't seem willing to debate this point. There was a good log Cabin up in those woods, where they could rest and call in ammo or restock on Medkits and be reasonably safe from the Artillery that was now leveling the farm, echoing in the distance like dozens or hundreds of thunder claps.

They seemed really serious about this.

Driving down the road, the DMR was on the Turret gun, Ryder was well, being Ryder and driving, showing her name to be a lie as she was in fact a Driver.. Everyone else had assorted seats in the back, being designed for 14 men it was fairly spacious for the seven in the back, almost like being in a limo, that was invulnerable to most rifle rounds with a 50 cal that had 600 rounds in a nice snug turret.

"Ah this beats walking, haha! Okay, new rules. We got lucky there, had the MG's set up first well, we wouldn't be here. Anyways Rule Four, operate with another near you or at least multiple people in eyesight. How you all ran off was well, pretty much a Noob thing to do..

Five, voice your plans to me or those near you if it's something that concerns us. We had one dead to friendly fire and two almost dead to a trap we placed.. I mean if you all want to keep solo play, I won't stop you, but I would like to win more money.

I might be giving more direct orders though.. I seen your capabilities, also I don't think our missing member will be logging back in.. So I'm sitting on half our points right now just in case."

With that being said, Okuu stood up in the back of the APC looking over the turret roof with her PDA in hand. So far about two hours had passed between the travel time and scattered combat beforehand, the games fourth scan was now underway, pausing for a bit she didn't like what she had seen next. A Team was dead near the location they were heading for, one other team was on the way but far off and coming from further south, but why was this one team Dead?

Suddenly her game detection skill towards traps alerted her with a vague direction cone that screamed danger. "COVER!" Jumping from the APC Roof and rolling to the ground, Okuu didn't have time to check on the others as part of the tree line ahead of them suddenly collapsed, being torn apart by some rather large rounds, the BTR was not designed to withstand firepower of this magnitude.

Struggling under the firepower that the barrage of 23mm autocannon fire had unleashed, the thin armor of the BTR tore like tissue paper. The thankful fact was the man's normally Aircraft mounted gun seemed to fire in bursts was a godsend even as it tore the turret off, sending their DMR operator onto the ground in critical condition, with the now catching fire hulk of the BTR-60 providing some protection. Taking stock of the situation, the names of both and a burning flame icon shown on both.

Jackal and Anubis had entered the field... As if to confirm his name the large figures voice boomed out as he stepped into view from under an access bridge. Mimicking a Hyaena's laugh, the girl on the being's back patted his arm while laughing before hurrying over his shoulder to man the Soviet Version of the .50 Cal on his back.
sample-a9a58a52548e7a5314fed3f9e160414e.png

Standing upright the girl hid behind his head, as she manned the 50 to cover his back, both also had staff tags in addition to the boss tag... The dead team suddenly made sense, as did the warning on buffs, if this was a human player, he easily broke the stat rules, if it were a robot or some form of monster was up to debate, but it just now struck her...the bastard was over four meters tall, still smaller than a tank he as still damn neared as armored as one, if not better than the BTR minus in a few places. With a bright Red Star on his chest and the hyaena laugh, it was almost saying "Shoot me if you dare." With a commanding position, the giant took aim, opening up with it's cannon again, spraying over a wide area as it slowly prowled the riverbed.

Okuu was still looking at her map when the next barrage began, this would be a difficult fight and he wasn't likely to just let them walk away.

Last edited:
Reactions: BlueFlameNikku