Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued from here.

Mid-Chapter Update
"In Your Heart Shall Burn"

Claire's group had arrived at the lounge just as Leon's group did and. upon seeing the former Raccoon City police officer, Claire let out a gasp. "Leon...!" She ran up to him, arms outstretched in a gesture of amazement. "What are you doing here...? Are you..." She looked around at the group. "... you with them?"

leon20.png

"... Claire? What are you...?" Leon asked, though stopped upon realizing he was about to pretty much say the same thing as Claire anyway, so he simply cleared his throat. "I uh... Not at first, though I guess the easy answer is yeah," he said, scratching the back of his head for a moment. With that, he put his hands down to his hips and looked at her.

"... I assume how you got here is as long a story as mine?"

Q5uMLum.png

"Just about," she said, managing a smile. Seeing Leon calmed Claire in a way she hadn't thought possible. How they always ended up running into each other during the craziest of situations was nothing short of miraculous. Not that Claire was complaining.

"Well, I don't mind working together. Like usual, partner."

Clark suddenly appeared, dropping Cullen next to the group. "Kept him distracted," Cullen said, breathing a bit heavily. "But the bugger's fast, so..." He waved his hand for the group to get moving. Claire nodded and jogged to the lounge door, inserting a key card she had on her to open it.

"It's just through here." She began to usher the group through. They could see it was more of a recreational room than a lounge, complete with a pool table and bar. When they were halfway through, a loud bang sounded throughout, followed by a heavy rumbling. The wall of the lounge shook heavily, followed by the creaking of metal and wood.

A licker burst through the wall, the lights of the lounge flickering off as it jumped at the group. In the dark, there was screaming, the sound of a gunshot, glass breaking and the sound of another heavy bang. With everyone blind, it felt like ages passed.

The darkness was abated when someone in the group set ablaze.

"Jesus! Someone put them out!" Claire screamed.

The lights flickered back on, revealing Clark dropping the dead licker to the ground and the sight of Naomi impaled against the wall with a pool cue. The person on fire dropped to the ground, twitching.

Continued here.

Albert shook his head, slamming a palm down on the desk. "Are you sure, no files...?!" He looked away, whispering the word Crossed to himself in confusion.

After a moment where it seemed Albert was going to explode on Alice, he instead calmly waved her off. "Go, now. You have company in the medical bay."

When Alice arrived in medical, she would find Lalonde looking over both Naomi and Little Guy. "Two more," she said with a sigh.

@Minerva @Yun Lee @Sen @Jeremi @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @Crow @CCC Kouhai @Josh M @DBZ7 @penguin055 @Bomb @Archwar @Hana @Crimson Spartan @thatguyinthestore @C.T. @The Myrmidon @LuckycoolHawk9 @CrunchyCHEEZIT @MetalNova @Kaide` @Mason Moretti @Mami Tomoe @Nater Taters @Verite @york @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Hospes @Kaykay @Yang Lee @Otto @Gands @Darkseide @Hachiro Terra @Azuremoon

Last edited by a moderator:
"Ask Umbrella, like how I'm going to ask why they didn't invest in cute little bunnies instead of horrific monsters before ripping out their vocal cords. They'll certainly be speechless after our performance!"

@Verite @Azuremoon @Hana @Mason Moretti @Sen @Mami Tomoe @The Myrmidon @Hospes @Crimson Spartan @Takumi @penguin055 @Gands @C.T. @Hachiro Terra @Riddle crew

"The sort that someone who likes to garden would put?" Joshua shrugged with a sheepish expression, "That's our best guess at the moment, isn't it?"

@Verite @Azuremoon @Hana @Mason Moretti @Archwar @Mami Tomoe @The Myrmidon @Hospes @Crimson Spartan @Takumi @penguin055 @Gands @C.T. @Hachiro Terra #LiveStorage

SgZQkm4.jpg

Greenhouse.

Just like with Tyki's riddles, the ridiculously simple answers always pissed her off. The Noah glanced down at the keypad to ensure the position of the keyboard to what it was in her world; it was. Without another moments waste, she keyed in the phrase, 'greenhouse' - striking the 'enter' key with a bit of vigilance out of spite to the rumors simplicity. Now all she could do was find out if Leon was right about the password, if not, someone else could type it in, because she was over it. Committing to it, she twirled so she was no longer facing the panel, and instead, her comrades​

@Everyone in Living Storage @SortaShitPost​

leon22.png

"Well, it's as good a guess as any," Leon sighed, before typing Ali's suggestion into the console.

G R E E N H O U S E

With that, the console beeped positively, the interface turning green again as the prompt said "Access granted" and the tranquilizers began to take effect once again, each and every enclosed container spraying in some kind of vapor that seemed to put the B.O.W.s inside to sleep quickly. Leon let out a sigh of relief, running his hand through his hair briefly.

"Greenhouse... Y'know, like greenhouse gases. Or just... Uh, a green house?" He simply said to Alucard.

With all the threats taken care of, the console then shifted back to a small menu for the room controls. With the override password in place, there was a peculiar looking button in the corner that Leon proceeded to press, and upon doing so, a secret door suddenly opened up in the corner. Peering at it, Leon curiously began walking toward it, giving a cursory glance back at the group.

"... No way to go but forward, huh?"

That said, Leon walked into the open space, expecting others to follow suit.

@Archwar @Sen @C.T. @Hospes @CrunchyCHEEZIT @The Myrmidon @Mami Tomoe @Azuremoon @Hana @Takumi @penguin055 @Crimson Spartan @Gands @Hachiro Terra @LiveStorage

Domon took Azura's hand and got back up to his feet. "Yeah, I'm fine," he answered her, massaging his throat. He coughed a couple times, apparently still regaining his breath. "Thanks for that, you two." He then noticed how Azura was clutching her chest. "What about you? Are you okay?" he asked her, a somewhat concerned look on his face.

@Verite @C.T. @Gands @The Myrmidon @Kaykay @Hospes @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Archwar @Hana @Mason Moretti @Crimson Spartan @Mami Tomoe @CCC Kouhai @Hachiro Terra @Takumi @LiveStorage

"Yes, I'm fine. Just sore." she replied, not wanting the other to worry about her whatsoever.

"I believe we should start moving, it seems that the others have begun to move on." she smiled, changing the subject.

Continued from here.

Mid-Chapter Update

Claire's group had arrived at the lounge just as Leon's group did and. upon seeing the former Raccoon City police officer, Claire let out a gasp. "Leon...!" She ran up to him, arms outstretched in a gesture of amazement. "What are you doing here...? Are you..." She looked around at the group. "... you with them?"

leon20.png

"... Claire? What are you...?" Leon asked, though stopped upon realizing he was about to pretty much say the same thing as Claire anyway, so he simply cleared his throat. "I uh... Not at first, though I guess the easy answer is yeah," he said, scratching the back of his head for a moment. With that, he put his hands down to his hips and looked at her.

Q5uMLum.png

"Just about," she said, managing a smile. Seeing Leon calmed Claire in a way she hadn't thought possible. How they always ended up running into each other during the craziest of situations was nothing short of miraculous. Not that Claire was complaining.

Clark suddenly appeared, dropping Cullen next to the group. "Kept him distracted," Cullen said, breathing a bit heavily. "But the bugger's fast, so..." He waved his hand for the group to get moving. Claire nodded and jogged to the lounge door, inserting a key card she had on her to open it.

"It's just through here." She began to usher the group through. They could see it was more of a recreational room than a lounge, complete with a pool table and bar. When they were halfway through, a loud bang sounded throughout, followed by a heavy rumbling. The wall of the lounge shook heavily, followed by the creaking of metal and wood.

A licker burst through the wall, the lights of the lounge flickering off as it jumped at the group. In the dark, there was screaming, the sound of a gunshot, glass breaking and the sound of another heavy bang. With everyone blind, it felt like ages passed.

The lights flickered back on, revealing Clark dropping the dead licker to the ground and the sight of Naomi impaled against the wall with a pool cue. The person on fire dropped to the ground, twitching.

Albert shook his head, slamming a palm down on the desk. "Are you sure, no files...?!" He looked away, whispering the word Crossed to himself in confusion.

After a moment where it seemed Albert was going to explode on Alice, he instead calmly waved her off. "Go, now. You have company in the medical bay."

When Alice arrived in medical, she would find Lalonde looking over both Naomi and Little Guy. "Two more," she said with a sigh.

@Minerva @Yun Lee @Sen @Jeremi @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @Crow @CCC Kouhai @Josh M @DBZ7 @penguin055 @Bomb @Archwar @Hana @Crimson Spartan @thatguyinthestore @C.T. @The Myrmidon @LuckycoolHawk9 @CrunchyCHEEZIT @MetalNova @Kaide` @Mason Moretti @Mami Tomoe @Nater Taters @Verite @york @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Hospes @Kaykay @Yang Lee @Otto @Gands @Darkseide @Hachiro Terra @Azuremoon

At rhe sight of another Licker, Azura quickly took a fighting stance until the lights went out and someone was set ablaze. She was going to help, but it was already too late and they were gone.

96d23d04859abffd0930d8003ca1d334.jpg

"Too late to help." she muttered to herself as she looked at the two.

@Verite @C.T. @Gands @The Myrmidon @Kaykay @Hospes @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Archwar @Hana @Mason Moretti @penguin055 @Crimson Spartan @Mami Tomoe @CCC Kouhai @Hachiro Terra @LiveStorage group @Anybody I missed @Everyone

Continued from here.

Mid-Chapter Update

leon20.png

Q5uMLum.png

Clarke suddenly appeared, dropping Cullen next to the group. "Kept him distracted," Cullen said, breathing a bit heavily. "But the bugger's fast, so..." He waved his hand for the group to get moving. Claire nodded and jogged to the lounge door, inserting a key card she had on her to open it.

The lights flickered back on, revealing Clarke dropping the dead licker to the ground and the sight of Naomi impaled against the wall with a pool cue. The person on fire dropped to the ground, twitching.

After the apparent reunion between Claire and Leon, the ladder whom Jason didn't recognize, Todd would cross his arms and roll his eyes.

"Well ain't that real fuckin' sweet? The whole damn family's gettin' back together. I don't know if you two lovebirds know, but we're kinda on a tight schedule here. So if you could just cut the bullshit and-" Before Jason could finish being a dick, the whole room began to fucking shake and then a.... thing came in before the lights began to flash on and off. Jason couldn't see, so he simply stood weary just in case something happened. His aim wouldn't have been accurate enough with this lighting, so he kept his gun holstered.

And then someone was set on fire. When said person was put out and the lights flickered back on, Jason looked at the bodies and cringed at the sight of Naomi.

"Ungh... this reminds me of shit that Joker'd do..." Jason thought aloud. First, Todd went over to Naomi and grabbed the pool cue that she was inpaled with to check and see if it had been altered in any way.

@Atomyk @NaomiInvestigation

Reactions: Mason Moretti
Continued from here.

Mid-Chapter Update

leon20.png

Q5uMLum.png

"Not this again..." Domon shriveled up his nose as he began to smell burning flesh, and he began to frantically look around the room for something to put the fire out with. He knew the person who had been set on fire was beyond saving, but if he didn't do something quick, there would be nothing left of them.

@Atomyk @Investigation

Linda had been following the others quietly and finally managed to catch her breath and then the lights went out. She had a feeling that this was bad, the last time they had been in the dark, someone had died. She gasped when the light flashed on. Two more had died. She had no words and nearly collapsed from the shock. Luckily, Lucifer catched her before she could hit the ground.

" Lucifer, who could do this? Who can kill someone without such a care to their lives?" She asked.

Lucifer looked over at her and for once in his life, he didn't have the answer. " I don't know, Linda. I don't know. This is even worse than anything I have ever seen before." Lucifer walked over to see if there was anything he could learn from the burning body, the one that had stopped twitching.

After composing herself, Linda walked over to the girl's corpse and looked at Jason. " What did you find out?" She asked.

@thatguyinthestore @Naomi Investigation

@Atomyk @Burning body investigation

Unfortunately for Penny, he would come across Eliot's dead body, seemingly having died after wandering off.​
He stared at the Corpse, and shrugged. Well, Eliot probably tried to sleep with whomever killed him. Typical Eliot. Well, he found Eliot, so now it's time to find Lucy and get back to the others...
"Now, where did I leave Lucy? (@LuckycoolHawk9 )"
Concentrating, he'd attempt to travel to Lucy's current location.​

Continued from here.

Mid-Chapter Update

leon20.png

Q5uMLum.png

Time seemed to move in a blur for Lucio, as the Licker attack left him rattled. He was confident-- cocky, even, but he never anticipated ever being in actual danger when he pulled mad moves on his enemies. The police (paid by Vishkar, of course) were like dopey Saturday morning cartoon villains in his neighborhood. They were close to catching Lucio, but never close enough, and his fame as both an international DJ and as a freedom fighter seemed to make him feel invincible. Though, the Licker could've, and would've most certainly taken his head right off had his allies not been there.

That part made him feel good.

"That was...too close, woah. Thanks, guys." he said, to those who saved him. Lucio seemed genuinely shook, as he remained quiet until the groups had reunited. Seeing Clark and Riesbyfe put a smile on his face, and some hope in his heart.

"Oh man, Clark, Ries, you guys should've been at the Live Storage! We fought these things called Lickers, right? They were like, big red lizard things, and they had these really long tounges that could shoot out. We had to fight some of 'em, not gonna lie; scary as hell, but soooo much fun. You shoulda seen Alucard, man, he turned into, like, a giant wolf an' everything! For real, they were gross, though, like they were kinda like--"

*HISSSSSS!*

"--LIKE THAT ONE!!"

Everything was dark again. Screaming, gunshots, hissing, and a burning man.

When the lights returned, Lucio was left speechless, standing back from the two corpses, his eyes practically bulging out of his head and his hand left over his mouth in shock. He was frozen, and all the music he once had playing through his headphones had stopped, or at least, Lucio tuned them out.

"Oh, god, not again..."

@Minerva @Yun Lee @Sen @Jeremi @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @Crow @CCC Kouhai @Josh M @DBZ7 @penguin055 @Bomb @Archwar @Hana @Crimson Spartan @thatguyinthestore @C.T. @The Myrmidon @LuckycoolHawk9 @Atomyk @MetalNova @Kaide` @Mason Moretti @Mami Tomoe @Nater Taters @Verite @york @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Hospes @Kaykay @Yang Lee @Otto @Gands @Darkseide @Hachiro Terra @Azuremoon

Aside from all the bottles of alcohol, there was a sink and tap with running water.

@penguin055

With no pool cue to hold her up, Naomi slowly slid down from the wall, leaving a trail of blood that lingered. Jason would find that the pool cue had been broken just at the tip to make it sharper.

Even with the body still burning, Lucifer could see that the body was Little Guy.

@Takumi @thatguyinthestore @LuckycoolHawk9 @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Darkseide @Body Investigation

Continued from here.

Mid-Chapter Update

leon20.png

Q5uMLum.png

Clarke suddenly appeared, dropping Cullen next to the group. "Kept him distracted," Cullen said, breathing a bit heavily. "But the bugger's fast, so..." He waved his hand for the group to get moving. Claire nodded and jogged to the lounge door, inserting a key card she had on her to open it.

The lights flickered back on, revealing Clarke dropping the dead licker to the ground and the sight of Naomi impaled against the wall with a pool cue. The person on fire dropped to the ground, twitching.

"So another among us has been slain by the traitor... and a friend of mine as well," Joshua sighed as he noticed the doctor's body. With a sigh, he joined the others in examining it, facing the reality of its form with a certain determination in his heart. He would not shed tears, not when there was work to do to avenge the doctor.

Continued from here.

Mid-Chapter Update

leon20.png

Q5uMLum.png

"Yes, I'm fine. Just sore." she replied, not wanting the other to worry about her whatsoever.

"I believe we should start moving, it seems that the others have begun to move on." she smiled, changing the subject.

At rhe sight of another Licker, Azura quickly took a fighting stance until the lights went out and someone was set ablaze. She was going to help, but it was already too late and they were gone.

96d23d04859abffd0930d8003ca1d334.jpg

"Too late to help." she muttered to herself as she looked at the two.

@Verite @C.T. @Gands @The Myrmidon @Kaykay @Hospes @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Archwar @Hana @Mason Moretti @penguin055 @Crimson Spartan @Mami Tomoe @CCC Kouhai @Hachiro Terra @LiveStorage group @Anybody I missed @Everyone
After the apparent reunion between Claire and Leon, the ladder whom Jason didn't recognize, Todd would cross his arms and roll his eyes.

"Well ain't that real fuckin' sweet? The whole damn family's gettin' back together. I don't know if you two lovebirds know, but we're kinda on a tight schedule here. So if you could just cut the bullshit and-" Before Jason could finish being a dick, the whole room began to fucking shake and then a.... thing came in before the lights began to flash on and off. Jason couldn't see, so he simply stood weary just in case something happened. His aim wouldn't have been accurate enough with this lighting, so he kept his gun holstered.

And then someone was set on fire. When said person was put out and the lights flickered back on, Jason looked at the bodies and cringed at the sight of Naomi.

"Ungh... this reminds me of shit that Joker'd do..." Jason thought aloud. First, Todd went over to Naomi and grabbed the pool cue that she was inpaled with to check and see if it had been altered in any way.

@Atomyk @NaomiInvestigation
"Not this again..." Domon shriveled up his nose as he began to smell burning flesh, and he began to frantically look around the room for something to put the fire out with. He knew the person who had been set on fire was beyond saving, but if he didn't do something quick, there would be nothing left of them.

@Atomyk @Investigation
Linda had been following the others quietly and finally managed to catch her breath and then the lights went out. She had a feeling that this was bad, the last time they had been in the dark, someone had died. She gasped when the light flashed on. Two more had died. She had no words and nearly collapsed from the shock. Luckily, Lucifer catched her before she could hit the ground.

" Lucifer, who could do this? Who can kill someone without such a care to their lives?" She asked.

Lucifer looked over at her and for once in his life, he didn't have the answer. " I don't know, Linda. I don't know. This is even worse than anything I have ever seen before." Lucifer walked over to see if there was anything he could learn from the burning body, the one that had stopped twitching.

After composing herself, Linda walked over to the girl's corpse and looked at Jason. " What did you find out?" She asked.

tumblr_inline_ng0i8dXyRM1shpc29.png

"..."

Blake had no words to share once it was discovered that more of them had been killed. Not by those grotesque creatures, but possibly from someone who had the intent of killing them off from the shadows. Standing there silently, he walked over to see what was to be found around Naomi's body.

He appeared calm on the outside, but without that usual smile, it was easy to tell that Blake wasn't okay in the inside. He couldn't stand the thought that this was actually happening, it sickened him with disgust.

"Miku... whatever you do, I'll be at your side. I need some reassurance that... I'll protect others. There were others that we were closely working with... and they're gone... I couldn't do anything..."

While trying to make some sort of investigation contribution, Blake made this offhand comment to Miku, beginning to sound like he was beating himself up for not being able to protect all of these people that were being killed. He became a vigilante to ensure that the innocent wouldn't be picked off by other killers, but so far, he hasn't done anything to his own cause as a vigilante. Just the thought of that hurt him inside a lot...

@Atomyk @thatguyinthestore @Kaide` @NaomiInvestigation​

Aside from all the bottles of alcohol, there was a sink and tap with running water.

@penguin055

With no pool cue to hold her up, Naomi slowly slid down from the wall, leaving a trail of blood that lingered. Jason would find that the pool cue had been broken just at the tip to make it sharper.

Even with the body still burning, Lucifer could see that the body was Little Guy.

@Takumi @thatguyinthestore @LuckycoolHawk9 @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Darkseide @Body Investigation
Joshua frowned as Jason removed the pool cue, noticing the way it was broken at the tip. "Seems someone had enough time to break it off and set up the kill... and to set the fire for her companion..." He rubbed his chin with a thoughtful expression, considering the possibilities, "All in the dark as well... Who could have seen in the dark well enough to set the flames?"

Mid-Chapter Update

leon20.png

Q5uMLum.png

tumblr_inline_ng0i8dXyRM1shpc29.png

"..."

Blake had no words to share once it was discovered that more of them had been killed. Not by those grotesque creatures, but possibly from someone who had the intent of killing them off from the shadows. Standing there silently, he walked over to see what was to be found around Naomi's body.

He appeared calm on the outside, but without that usual smile, it was easy to tell that Blake wasn't okay in the inside. He couldn't stand the thought that this was actually happening, it sickened him with disgust.

"Miku... whatever you do, I'll be at your side. I need some reassurance that... I'll protect others. There were others that we were closely working with... and they're gone... I couldn't do anything..."

While trying to make some sort of investigation contribution, Blake made this offhand comment to Miku, beginning to sound like he was beating himself up for not being able to protect all of these people that were being killed. He became a vigilante to ensure that the innocent wouldn't be picked off by other killers, but so far, he hasn't done anything to his own cause as a vigilante. Just the thought of that hurt him inside a lot...
mzdowkN.png

When would this end. The short-lived Team Clockwork was but in shambles now, their "members" appearing to be picked off one by one. It was all very hard for the young android to process; such consistent feelings of loss. She was hardly equipped to handle such things back home, much less in such a gruesome fashion.

Finding herself staring at the impaled body of Naomi, Miku only shot Blake a brief glance as a sign of acknowledgement. Speaking up to no one in particular, her voice monotone. "... What do we do now?"

@Gummi Bunnies @BodyInvestigation

Naomi Kimishima and Little Guy #Afterlife #Team Clockwork Seems To Be Filling Up The Afterlife
@Atomyk @Yun Lee

The moment the two of them woke up in the medical bay, Navel immediately turned to Naomi and embraced her with all he could. "Little Guy," Naomi tried to say.

"Please, Dr. Kimishima, just let me have this. Whether it was a dream or reality, the last thing I remember is us dying. I was worried I had lost you forever. I'm just glad you're here."

Naomi smiled and placed a hand on his back comfortably, gently squeezing. "I care for you too, Navel. I just wish it didn't take me dying for you to show your feelings."

"I can't we're both here after death."

"Well, with the ability to hear the words of the dead, I assumed that their consciousness went somewhere. I thought maybe they stayed as ghosts. Looks like they can pass on to a new life though."

"Looks like we can't really send that evidence back to the land of the living. If we could, I would also like to put down for the record that dying hurts. A lot."

"So, do you think we made our way to heaven, or did our sins while working for Delphi send us to hell?" Naomi notices Alice and gives her a small wave. "Looks like Alice is here, too, so it could go either way. Alice, do you think we're damned?"

Continued from here.

Mid-Chapter Update

leon20.png

Q5uMLum.png

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Kaide`

Jason turned to Linda and sighed before shaking his head.

"It's just as I suspected. Someone broke the cue at the tip, making it easier to stab someone with it." He said to her. Jason then looked to Joshua and shrugged. "Not many people as far as I know. Maybe a select few." Jason said before examining the wall around Naomi for any other evidence.

@Atomyk @LuckycoolHawk9 @The Myrmidon

After the brief reunion between Leon and Claire(who also had Fate's group in tow and I waved at 'Fatey') and the Wanda Watch popping out of nowhere missing four of their members and apparently being chased by a fast bugger, we all headed into what looked like a typical bar. We were only halfway through when metal and wood groaned. I looked in direction of the noise to see a wall shaking and eventually breaking to allow a Licker into the room.

"Cookie!" I shouted as the debris smashed into him. I flinched at his agonized cry as the lights flickered and breathed a sigh of relief when a light exploded, followed by the blast of his shotgun. In the chaos, however, I couldn't tell what was going on so shook my blades to bit to cast a low-flame, illuminating my immediate surroundings. I held still, breathless, waiting for that Licker to attack.

However, that lit up in my face when when a fire sprung to life and I stumbled back to avoid the screaming man falling to the floor. The lights flickered back on shortly there after.

Damn good timing too, because when they did, I saw Nomai impaled... by a freaking pool cue.

I shook my head as I muttered,"we're dropping like flies."

Before I joined in on the investigation though, I scanned the room to find Cookie slumped against the wall near the hole. His body was flaking into motes of light and drifting towards me. Guessing from the slashes on his torso, the Licker must have got him, but whatever the case, he was out for now.

In the meantime though, I turned my head to the man who had been set on fire. I walked closer, ignoring the scent of charred flesh irritating my nose and began looking around the body for any shards of glass.

We were in a bar after all so it was possible someone could have made a firebomb and flung it and deafened by the chaos, none of us heard bottles shattering though I didn't see any fireballs flying through the air...

Or did I?

@Verite @Atomyk @Minerva @Yun Lee @Sen @Jeremi @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @Crow @CCC Kouhai @Josh M @DBZ7 @penguin055 @Bomb @Hana @Crimson Spartan @thatguyinthestore @C.T. @The Myrmidon @LuckycoolHawk9 @CrunchyCHEEZIT @MetalNova @Kaide` @Mason Moretti @Mami Tomoe @Nater Taters @Verite @york @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Hospes @Kaykay @Yang Lee @Otto @Gands @Darkseide @Hachiro Terra @Azuremoon @Investigation Crew

Last edited by a moderator:

@penguin055

Noticing the sink and running tap Azura decided to try and help put Little Guy out carefully.

bf958e2117595878df9a3c5e6f43a7fb.jpg

"You are the ocean's grey waves..." she sung softly, voice carrying a hint of sorrow. Moving her free hand gracefully, her pendant glowed softly as she tried to see if she could get the water to move to her will, so it could be used to put Little Guy out.

@Verite @Atomyk @york @C.T. @Gands @The Myrmidon @Kaykay @Hospes @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Archwar @Hana @penguin055 @Crimson Spartan @Mami Tomoe @CCC Kouhai @Hachiro Terra @Anybody I missed @Everyone

Continued from here.

Mid-Chapter Update

leon20.png

Q5uMLum.png

Time seemed to move in a blur for Lucio, as the Licker attack left him rattled. He was confident-- cocky, even, but he never anticipated ever being in actual danger when he pulled mad moves on his enemies. The police (paid by Vishkar, of course) were like dopey Saturday morning cartoon villains in his neighborhood. They were close to catching Lucio, but never close enough, and his fame as both an international DJ and as a freedom fighter seemed to make him feel invincible. Though, the Licker could've, and would've most certainly taken his head right off had his allies not been there.

That part made him feel good.

"That was...too close, woah. Thanks, guys." he said, to those who saved him. Lucio seemed genuinely shook, as he remained quiet until the groups had reunited. Seeing Clark and Riesbyfe put a smile on his face, and some hope in his heart.

"Oh man, Clark, Ries, you guys should've been at the Live Storage! We fought these things called Lickers, right? They were like, big red lizard things, and they had these really long tounges that could shoot out. We had to fight some of 'em, not gonna lie; scary as hell, but soooo much fun. You shoulda seen Alucard, man, he turned into, like, a giant wolf an' everything! For real, they were gross, though, like they were kinda like--"

*HISSSSSS!*

"--LIKE THAT ONE!!"

Everything was dark again. Screaming, gunshots, hissing, and a burning man.

When the lights returned, Lucio was left speechless, standing back from the two corpses, his eyes practically bulging out of his head and his hand left over his mouth in shock. He was frozen, and all the music he once had playing through his headphones had stopped, or at least, Lucio tuned them out.

"Oh, god, not again..."

@Minerva @Yun Lee @Sen @Jeremi @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @Crow @CCC Kouhai @Josh M @DBZ7 @penguin055 @Bomb @Archwar @Hana @Crimson Spartan @thatguyinthestore @C.T. @The Myrmidon @LuckycoolHawk9 @Atomyk @MetalNova @Kaide` @Mason Moretti @Mami Tomoe @Nater Taters @Verite @york @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Hospes @Kaykay @Yang Lee @Otto @Gands @Darkseide @Hachiro Terra @Azuremoon

Holly for Leon and Claire. Reunited and it felt so good, right? Not exactly. As soon as the two groups had been reunited, Road couldn't help but feel a sudden, overwhelming, sense of dread. If the killer of Alice had not been with their group in Living Storage, they were with them now. In response of this thought, the Noah placed herself as close as she could between Hakuei, Alucard and Warpath. The only ones she felt she could trust, really, and as she did, she'd moved from in front of Naomi, only seconds before everything went down.

Half a second. If Road had waited to move half a second longer Road might've taken Naomi's spot speared to the wall, and her healing factor would've allowed her to have seen who it was. Did Road process this in shock? Or perhaps regret, or anger. No, no. The girl took a moment to look at the corpse of Naomi, and then around at the group before turning away from them and taking silent steps away, in the direction of the bar. A Door appeared before her - another on the other side of the bar - and in a moment, Road was on the far side of the bar, with a bottle in her hand. The bottle was clear, covered in dust and the label had long since been worn away, but Road didn't care about what was in the bottle, just that there was something in it.

The bottle went to her lips, after the temporary cork had been popped out with a near comical *pop*. Her head went back and the small girl, who looked no older than fifteen took a long, deep drink of a mysterious drink that was unmistakably alcohol. Some hard liquer Road had never had before and left a sharp, bitter sting in her throat when she finally lowered the bottled and took a deep inhale of breath.

"If Wanda were her I'd tell her to check your head, Clark."

The accusation came quick, and it didn't really sound like an accusation, more of a bland statement.

"Or Cullen. Suppose it matters little."

Another long drink from the bottle before looking back up at the group, some of which had already gone full Sherlock and busted out their magnifying glasses and began to inspect Naomi. A wince covered her face as she finished her second drink, that drained the bottle down to the half way point, and then she snapped her fingers with such a crack that it nearly echoed throughout the room. Three candles appeared in the room; one over Alucard, another over Hakuei, and the final over Road herself. They all levitated, pointy-end in the general direction of the group. Road leaned back against the liquor cabinet without a word, setting her bottle down on the bar, seeming content on just watching them.

She was sick of the routine.

0CIGu3T.png

"Lady Hakuei, are you okay?" The wolf took back the form of a man, approaching the just-freed woman after the small group had rushed the monster, felling it. "Do you... have any injuries?" He couldn't see any from where he was standing, even when he knelt, it was hard to tell if anything was broken or cut. The power of the Licker was evidently high, smashing her against the machine would have hurt.
PnjUaRw.png

Alucard may not know what the metal contraption was, but he knew that it was the key to tranquilize these monsters. He listened as the machine spewed out a question in its robotic voice, the dhampir frowning slightly. "The color of envy? That would be green..." the man looked at the number of letters. "And also too easy."

@Verite @Gands @Hana @Mason Moretti @Mami Tomoe @Takumi @Azuremoon @The Myrmidon
cgvIE0m.png

Blinking back at Alucard, the princess winced slightly at the reminder. "When I refrain from thinking about it, it doesn't hurt." Hakuei hadn't let the possible soreness bother her earlier, considering it was a life-and-death situation for her. She didn't really want to get anything worse than a battered body. And she lived a soldier's life when she had to as a general. Battered bodies were part of the lifestyle. Chuckling, she shook her head. "But it is nothing serious. I have had worse on military campaign."
]​
leon15.png

"Hey, what's the hold-up? We need those B.O.W.s back to how they were before," Leon spoke, approaching the group. Once he saw what was going on with them for himself, he held his chin with his hand thoughtfully, pursing his lips.

"If the color of envy is green, and there's five letters left... What's a five letter word to do with shelter? Maybe that's the answer," he suggested.

@Azuremoon @Sen @Hana @Mason Moretti @Mami Tomoe

@The Myrmidon @Hospes @LiveStorage

SgZQkm4.jpg

Greenhouse.

Just like with Tyki's riddles, the ridiculously simple answers always pissed her off. The Noah glanced down at the keypad to ensure the position of the keyboard to what it was in her world; it was. Without another moments waste, she keyed in the phrase, 'greenhouse' - striking the 'enter' key with a bit of vigilance out of spite to the rumors simplicity. Now all she could do was find out if Leon was right about the password, if not, someone else could type it in, because she was over it. Committing to it, she twirled so she was no longer facing the panel, and instead, her comrades​

@Everyone in Living Storage @SortaShitPost​
cq2271V.png

... What were 'greenhouse gases'?
The only greenhouses he knew of were little glass domes where people grew different types of trees and flowers and whatnot. He wasn't a gardener, but he had seen a few in his days. What was most peculiar was that they weren't called 'glasshouses'.

He stayed silent and his question went unsaid. Strange password for such a gruesome place. But now was time to focus, and see what other disgusting secrets this place held.
"Very well. Lady Hakuei, please stay close to me."

@Verite @Azuremoon @Hana @Mason Moretti @Archwar @Mami Tomoe @The Myrmidon @Hospes @Crimson Spartan@Takumi @penguin055 @Gands @C.T. @Hachiro Terra #LiveStorage
Mid-Chapter Update

leon20.png

Q5uMLum.png

yBZiY7n.jpg

She froze up for a second as the sound of screaming followed after the sudden dark, grabbing both Road and Alucard's arms and holding their hands. Holding tightly onto what felt like a gloved hand, and a bare, feminine one, Hakuei flinched at the succeeding sounds of gunshots. "That noise-" The princess breathed, aghast. There were more people dying or killed right in the very same room as them!

Someone followed that up by getting set ablaze. The scent of burning clothes and then skin filled the air. She felt sick, and swallowed heavily.

8SfVDlN.jpg

When the lights came back on, she dropped Alucard and Road's hand to rush quickly over to the impaled woman. She opened her mouth to exclaim, before the words died on her lips even before they formed. Naomi was dead... And it was too late to save the burning person. He was also dead.

"Two more people dead, killed right inside the room with us..." She didn't know what to say, an intense ache for the dead in her chest. "We need to find the culprit soon."

@penguin055

Noticing the sink and running tap Azura decided to try and help put Little Guy out carefully.

bf958e2117595878df9a3c5e6f43a7fb.jpg

"You are the ocean's grey waves..." she sung softly, voice carrying a hint of sorrow. Moving her free hand gracefully, her pendant glowed softly as she tried to see if she could get the water to move to her will, so it could be used to put Little Guy out.

@Verite @Atomyk @york @C.T. @Gands @The Myrmidon @Kaykay @Hospes @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Archwar @Hana @penguin055 @Crimson Spartan @Mami Tomoe @CCC Kouhai @Hachiro Terra @Anybody I missed @Everyone
After looking around the room, Domon quickly realized that there was nothing he could do to put out the fire. He slammed his fist down onto a nearby pool table in frustration. The young man then walked back over to where Little Guy's body lay, and clenched his teeth as he watched it burn. As he watched, however, Azura began to put out the fire, and a wave of relief washed over Domon. Looking at it now, he realized the body was that of one of the people who had been with him at the Live Storage. "So there are two victims this time, too. I think it's pretty clear now that we're not just dealing with one traitor."

@Atomyk @Takumi @Investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.