Friends of Harmonica Town

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
He smiled a bit and took a mushroom out for her, taking a second one for himself. He nibbled at his simultaneously to waiting for her to take hers. "With the whistle, we should be able to calm down the animals to see the goddess. Are you up to giving it another go?"

Kieara ate on hers as well feeling better as she did. She nodded and spoke. "Yeah." she was a little nervous though.

When she took her mushroom, he smiled and pat her back a bit. "Relax. I trust Dale's story. This should work just fine." He lead the way to the path again, seeing the angry animals. With a deep breath, he blew into the whistle, taking breaths in a way that made a unique little tune. The animals seemed to relax. "We're not enemies. We just need to ask the Goddess a question." The animals all smiled to the two, scurrying away. He looked at Kieara easily. "See? It's generally safe to trust Dale's word. Well, let's go." Without a thought, he lead the way towards the pond, looking around curiously when they made it.

Kieara was nervous seeing all the angry animals again, but once they calmed she became more relaxed. She walked the trek on to the pond and was in awe at what she saw. She looked around at all the beauty of the area, but for some reason it all seemed dulled. "Wow."

"This is Goddess Pond, and..." He looked towards a tree that seemed rather damaged and distraught. "That tree...So this is what's become of the land..." He ran ahead, only to find the Harvest Goddess, a blue-haired beauty with a gentle voice, appeared before them. "Goddess, what has happened?"

"The bells have gone missing. The bells that help control nature...They have gone missing. You must find them, and the harvest sprites..."

Rory turned to look over his shoulder at Kieara. Could she see the Goddess? Some people could see the Goddess and the harvest sprites, while others could not. Was Kieara like him? Or would she think he was talking to himself?

Kieara was an odd one. She could see a vauge image. but it was like they were transparent. "Holograms?" she asked moving closer with him and reahed out to touch the goddess to see if she was real, but her hand moved through her like mist. She could see her, but she could also see through her. She spoke. "Rory what's going on?"

"This is the Harvest Goddess," Rory replied. He was a bit relieved that the girl could see the Goddess just as easily as he could, but was surprised that she was so transparent as well. "This tree...Is called the Goddess Tree. It seems that the tree is dying, which may relate to the bells of nature being missing. The tree is directly related to the Goddess's power...So right now, she's on the weak side." He sighed, thinking it over. "Fire, water, land, wind and spirit...There should be one bell for each of these. We'd have to find the bells to be able to help them ring and bring nature's power back. But I don't know where to start..."

Kieara frowned at his explanation. "did someone steal them?" she asked him softly. "Or did they just stop ringing or what?" she asked.

"That's something we'd have to find out...But I do know where a couple of the bells are. There should be one in the mine...So as much as I'm sure you didn't enjoy it there, I should check there for it. I'm pretty sure there might be one in the windmill by Horn Ranch too. The rest I'm not so sure about..."

Kieara nodded to him and was worried. What happened if they didn't find them in time? what of her starting a new life here? what about Rory.......She spoke. "Okay..."

He smiled to her easily, apparently not as worried as before. He moved a hand to rub her head in a gentle manner. "Relax. There's nothing to worry about. We can still help you start your farm, too. The land isn't as fertile right now, but it'll still help you get started with turnips."

Kieara smiled and hugged him happily. She was a loveable little woman. "Thank you." she said smiling. It was an innocent attraction, a puppy love if you will on her part. And it was apparent.

He was only starting to realize her interest in him, but tried not to let it phase him. Rory wasn't the type to make strong connections, or at least he tended not to feel them- he was the type to try to keep his distance, though he'd never said why to anyone. However, it was becoming slightly harder. Still, he smiled with relief to her energy. "I promised, didn't I? This stuff will take time, so it's best to take our time with it and live normally at the same time. We'll probably get more ideas of what to do anyway if we go day by day."

Kieara smiled and nodded. she kissed his cheek lightly and then spoke. "Thank you."

He was a bit surprised by the kiss on the cheek- it wasn't something he was expecting, nor was he used to. Due to it, his cheeks gained a slight bit of pink pigment, and he averted his eyes to try to avoid showing his surprise. However, his tendency to rub the back of his head returned, making it obvious without his notice. "I-It's not a big deal. Helping your neighbors is important, right?"

Kieara smiled. "I think so." She held his hand. "Let's go then."

He took time before he'd look at her, and tried to ignore the giggling Goddess behind him, who seemed to be able to tell easily what was going through his head just as Kieara tended towards. Instead, however, he managed to grasp her hand in response and smiled to her. "Let's go plant those seeds. Planting will help just as much as the bells, I bet. I'll look for clues while we're there."

Kieara nodded to him. She led him back to the farm. Once there she grabbed her hoe so they could plant.

When she grabbed the hoe, a smile graced his face. He turned to look at the field and it's clutter, however, and frowned. "I'll help clear the field. It'll take time for you to build stamina, and you need at least six in a row to use the seeds well."

Kieara nodded. With his help, soon enough her garden was planted.