Friends of Harmonica Town

He tested the bed she'd made for him and laid down quite easily. "This is rather comfortable. I actually prefer it over the inn." He laughed a bit, looking to her. "You've done this before? Because it's too comfortable to be done by a beginner. I can't make one this comfortable. And I've tried dozens of times. I might end up sleeping here every time." The last statement was a clear joke, but he almost meant it based on how comfy he found the bed. "I'll sleep easy tonight."

Kieara smiled. "Lot's of practice." she said to him and smiled. "If you need anything just let me know." she said laying in her spot on her bed after heading to the bathroom and changing. She couldn't stand to sleep in her day clothes. she had on a nightgown with spaghetti straps on it and it hugged her curves. She didn't think anything of it though. she then went and crawled into bed.

He tried not to look at her too much when she came from the bathroom and merely kept his eyes closed. He drifted off fairly easily, but before he'd fallen asleep, he'd made sure to give her a clear word of goodnight, as a friendly and polite gesture. As he slept, the night seemed silent and a bit unsettling, but he slept mostly at ease.

Kieara fell into a deep sleep from sheer tiredness. She couldn't hold her head up anymore. By morning she'd wound up with herself half uncovered and a strap sliding off her shoulder. She looked at peace

Rory got up pretty early, looking outside. It seemed at least a bit clearer- whatever it was that had hit them had passed pretty quickly, or so he was assuming. Looking toward Kieara, he picked up some of the blankets and began to fold them, trying to hide himself to keep from either waking her or looking too much at her shoulder. However, he ended up finishing quickly, and decided to reluctantly wake her.

Standing at the bedside, he pat her head lightly with a hand, ruffling her hair a bit. "It's morning, Kieara. If you want to sleep more you can, but I'm going to head to goddess pond."

Kieara woke and her bright blue eyes looked up at him. "Hm?" she smiled and sat up and stretched. "Do you care if I come?" she asked not noticiing the strap yet. She pulled the ribbon from her auburn hair letting it fall down so she could comb it to get ready and go.

He looked at her curiously when she woke and spoke to him, deciding it best to let her notice herself this time about her shoulder strap- plus, he was getting more at ease about it anyway. "I don't mind either way. I planned on taking you later since you were resting, but I figured it'd be bad if I left without telling you first. If you're going to come too, go ahead and get changed and I'll wait outside."

Kieara nodded. "Thanks Rory." she said getting up. It wasn't long before she'd changed into some clothes and put her hair up after recombing it.

He waited outside the house easily, stretching as he did so to make use of his time. His eyes were cast towards the mostly barren land, which had some weeds, rocks and branches scattered on it as well as a few trees that he had deciphered to be cherry trees that weren't quite ready to give harvest, but may have been able very soon. When Kieara finished, he smiled to her, holding a hand out. "Ready to see the mining district? You'll have need to go there a lot too in the future- after all, you may want to upgrade your tools or your house and whatnot. And then there's the general store, where you'll need to go if you ever want cooking utensils. But I plan on taking you to the goddess pond first."

Kieara nodded and took his hand. She was eager to see this "goddess" that she'd never heard of before. She walked with him up to the now fixed bridge and smiled as they crossed safely.

When they had made it across, he raised his arms out to clear his shoulders of their stiffness from being slightly unsteady. "Bo's doing a great job as an apprentice...Ah, see that building over there?" Rory was quick to point out the building in view. "That's the carpenter's. The guy we met yesterday, Bo, works there. Of course, so does the carpenter and his son. His son, Luke, is ax-obsessed...and hyper. I bet Luke has an old ax he can let you use if you ever want one, though." He looked towards a path just next to the carpenter's. "That path is the path to the pond. We'll be going on that...But just so you know, the building on the other side is the general store. Past that is the accessory shop, the blacksmith and then the Garmon Mine itself. If you need to get ore and wonderfuls checked for what's in them, take them to the accessory shop...And then you can use the material you get from the ore at the blacksmith."

He smiled, leading the way towards the path. He noticed a strange sensation go down his spine- a slight chill, as if something was amiss. As they began, a number of animals began to hiss. "The animals are really angry for some reason today..."

Kieara flinched away from the many animals. Their hissing and angry states made her nervous. She looked up at him. "Will they hurt me?"

"Since something big is going on, they're being protective. But I've been here before, so I don't know why they're so against me all of a sudden..." He sighed, thinking it over. "Let's talk to Dale. He's good with animals, and I remember him telling me a story recently about a whistle that helps to communicate with him. We can ask for details."

"Shouldn't we see this goddess lady first?" she asked staying close to him for protection.

He pointed towards the animals. "This is the only path to Goddess Pond. It's named that for a reason." He moved towards one of the animals, who moved to bite- which surprised him, causing him to retract. "Come on now, I've been here before, you know me..."

Kieara nodded and stayed close to him. When the animal tried to bite she gasped and flinched.

He shook his head, turning to her and patting her back. "Let's head to Dale. He's good with animals. He'll know what to do." He sighed, adding, "If we could talk to the Harvest Sprites, they might know too...But they tend to be at the spring, they say."

Kieara nodded and turned to him. "Okay." she said to them. She followed along glad to be away from the animals.

Once at the Carpenter's, Rory went through the usual greeting and introduction process. He was quick to get the information he needed from Dale, which had lead to a bit of a run around at trying to find an animal whistle. He'd ended up taking Kieara all around the mine district, going from Dale to the General Store, then the Accessory Shop, and even the Blacksmith! After managing to get to the mine's bottom (which was difficult to navigate to begin with), he was given the whistle by Owen, who'd taken it from his cousin. With relief after leaving the mine, he looked to Kieara.

"It took a while, but we got what we need. This should help us get to the pond...Are you tired? I got us a small snack of mushrooms I found while we were trying to figure out the mine. It's not much, but it should at least boost your energy if you need some."

Kieara walked with him all over the place. The mine scared her a bit. It was dark and cold and damp and there was gas everywhere. She walked with him out in a relief and smiled. "Sure. I'll take a mushroom."