Friends of Harmonica Town

Rory led the way, and though it took some time, they were soon enough at Flute Fields. "Here we are- Flute Fields." He crossed the bridge and pointed directly ahead of him. "That way leads to Marimba Farm. We're going to buy a strawberry from them. They're the ones you'll go to for seeds and such too." He then pointed towards the left. "That way is Horn Ranch. From there you can find animals and animal products. In this case, milk." He walked ahead, leading the way to Marimba Farm. "The people here can be a sort of downers at times, but they mean well. Just be careful not to take Craig's words too seriously. He can be a bit demeaning." He entered soon after, holding the door for her. "Hey, I need a strawberry and came to introduce the newcomer." He smiled to Kieara, adding, "C'mon. Say hello."

Kieara followed and spoke. "He likes milk and strawberries?" she asked smiling. She looked up to the new people and smiled. "Hi." she said softly.

Unfortunately, the husband and wife of the shop were having an argument at the time, but they were still courteous despite clearly slightly distraught. The woman greeted her a bit more politely than her husband, going to get the strawberry needed. After the introduction, meanwhile, Craig stormed off, apparently to work. When she returned, the woman sighed slightly. "Please forgive us for that scene...We're just so worried about our children."

"Weren't they fine last I checked in a couple days ago, Ruth?" Ruth soon told them the tale of their daughter leaving to look for a way to help the soil that was now barely usable, and their son was still not home either. "That's gotta be tough..."

"Here's your strawberry." Ruth replied solemnly, smiling weakly. She had a hunch as to Rory's intentions, and when paid, pat his back. "You take care of her while getting done what you need to do, Rory."

"I know that." He turned to Kieara, noting, "I'm sure when things have cleared up a bit more, you'll get to meet Anissa and Taylor. For now, let's see how things are at Horn Ranch. We need to get the milk anyway."

Kieara shifted nervously and frowned as they fought. It was awkward for her. She smiled weakly to Ruth. "It was nice meeting you." she said and listened to Rory.

Rory waved to Ruth and lead Kieara easily out. "I know they seem scary, but they mean well. They're just worried about their children. We'd be worried too if either of us were their parents, right?" He gave her a slight smile while walking towards the ranch. He looked around a bit. "The ranch is quieter than usual...Normally the wind is blowing, and the windmill tends to make a bit of noise." Without pondering it further, he went into the shop of the ranch. "Hannah, do you have any milk? I'm doing an errand for Bo." He smiled easily, looking to the woman at the counter. "Also bringing by a newcomer. This is Kieara. You might get to see more of her later on, since she's taking over the farmland."

"It's nice to meet you, Kieara. Milk, you said, Rory?" The woman smiled, moving to get the milk. As she did so, her husband entered.

"Morning, Rory. You're here early today."

"Morning, Craig. I came to introduce the new farmer and get some milk." Rory smiled. "This is Craig- he and Hannah run this ranch. They have a daughter too. I'm guessing Renee's in the coop."

She followed after him and nodded. She blushed as he mentioned either of them being parents the idea somewhat flustering, but also appealing to her. Kieara smiled at the two and bowed slightly. "Nice to meet you both." she said shyly and waited for Rory to be done.

Rory was given the milk easily, which he quickly put away in a pocket of some sort with the strawberry. He gave word of thanks and noticed Kieara had been blushing, trying desperately not to chuckle at her expense- he didn't mean harm by it, but the fact that she'd become flustered by his words he found endearing somehow. "Well then, we'll be going. Let's go see if the Mayor knows where Bo's toolbox is."

Kieara nodded. She was beginning to learn the town and that was a relief to her. As they went the skies began to turn ever darker. It made her frown. This place seemed so tranquil before, now it was becoming scary.

Rory tried not to let the change in the sky affect him, but the darkening of it was making him fret that a storm was brewing- though what kind, he wasn't sure what. "We should hurry," He noted, rushing ahead slightly though trying to keep a moderate pace for her. When they got to the mayor, he was given the toolbox, and was relieved as they made their way back. Once with Bo, the boy informed the bridge would be ready in about a day, so to go inside in case of a storm. As they were finishing with the scene, Rory sighed and looked to Kieara. "I'll pick you up tomorrow to visit the mine district since we should get inside. You'll be okay on your own at home?"

Kieara was scared of storms. She got very nervous. Especially because of her time at sea and other problems from her past. But she didn't want to burden rory and she nodded as she was taken home. "I'll be ok." she lied.

Rory, sadly, wasn't the most inept. However, he did seem to notice the earlier nervousness, though not that she was lying. "Now that I think of it, this'll be your first storm here, if we are getting one...Should I stay with you to be safe? It might be awkward though. But...While I trust Dale's building skills, it might be easier to just stay in with you instead of coming after the fact..."

Kieara then began to get more scared at the thought of her house falling in on her and frowned. she spoke. "It's whatever you think."

"I think...I don't feel like going to the inn because I don't want to get unlucky and get caught in the rain. So please don't mind the intrusion." He laughed nervously, leading her home and opening the door for her again. Once inside, he looked out the window. "It'll be clear by morning, I think...Though I'm not that good at telling the weather. But...I have my hopes for it." He looked at her easily. "Will you be alright? I'll take the floor, so don't worry too much."

Kieara was actually thankful he was staying. She smiled. "I don't mind at all." She said to him. She seemed a little more calm now that he was staying and went inside. "We could share the bed so that no one's on the floor."

His face turned an awkward pink as he looked away, scratching his cheek. "You do realize I'm still a guy, right? Even if I'm simple, I'm a guy." He shook his head, adding, "And the bed is pretty small...You'd need a double to comfortably share it, but the mayor only gave you a single. I'd feel wrong taking up more space than you have, so please don't worry. Besides.." He knocked on the wood with his foot lightly. "It's not too hard to me. As long as I have a pillow- so I might borrow one. I'm the type to move around a lot in bed, so if I sleep in it with you, I'll end up using you as a pillow on accident at some point. Trust me, that gets awkward quick."

Kieara blushed as well when he said the guy thing. "What's you being a guy gotta do with it?" she asked him and spoke. "I'll at least get you some blankets to make it softer." she said

He didn't want to explain anything, and decided to instead drop the subject, skipping straight to the blanket issue. "That would be nice. Thank you." He stretched his arms, taking a seat on the ground easily. "When it clears up, I'll help you a bit with setting up- well, after we go to the mining district. I'm in a bit of a rush for that, I'm afraid."

"It's okay." she said and went getting blankets. She began setting up his bed and spoke. "You never answered my first question." she said thinking maybe he just hadn't heard her.

He shifted his eyesight away from her. "I figure it isn't important right now. I'll explain it some other time." He didn't want to have to explain it to her. "But to put it simply, normally the fact that I'm staying at your house when you barely know me would be considered improper since we're opposite sexes. Then again...I doubt anyone really notices what I do with these types of things." After all, he knew the villagers sometimes looked at him as an enigma- and he seemed to prefer it that way, not being totally understood. After all, it was easier to not talk about himself too much. "If you want more details...It's more comfortable hearing it from a girl I'd be sure, just trust me on that."

"oh well....." She said. "i'm sorry." she said not knowing it was such an swkward subject to speak about. Testing his bed for fluffiness and content with the result she smiled and placed the pillow in place.