Friends of Harmonica Town

Rory stood when she came out, while the round mayor merely waved. Rory moved to the side, allowing a better distance between Kieara and the mayor. The mayor spoke easily, a jolly nature surrounding him. "Welcome to our lovely town!" He chimed. "Rory told me the gist of the situation. Do you have anywhere to go? If not...Why not stay here in Harmonica Town? We'd be happy to have you."

"It's true...It doesn't seem you have somewhere specific to go. It might help you to relax in one place for a while."

Kieara listened to the mayor and smiled at his peppy, cheery nature. It made her smile. "I think settling here would be nice." she said to him smiling. She enjoyed her time here so far, and she'd love to get to know the town a bit better.

"What sort of lifestyle would you want?" Rory asked curiously. "I mean...I'm sure the inn will always be happy to have you. But...There are other places here. You might want a part time job at least, though I know some people don't do much during the day. I bet Toby would be happy to teach you to fish." He grinned, but was tapped on the shoulder by the mayor, which quickly got his attention. "Ah...Right. There's that farm Mayor Hamilton's been pushing too. He wants me to take it over, but I'm not interested. I bet you'd be able to take care of the farm pretty well though. I can teach you the basics. If that's your cup of tea over other things. Basically...This town is full of options."

Kieara listened to him and smiled. She spoke. "That sounds nice." She said to them. "I would like that." She said and spoke. "But I don't know anything about it, nor have I ever done it before." She admitted.

"Rory will help you get started," The mayor mused with a chuckle. "The boy's from a family of farmers, which is why I always pushed him to take it over...But it seems he's not interested in the family business, I suppose."

"I like the way my life is now," Rory responded simply. But...I can definitely at least help a bit. Once you know the basics, though...You should basically just try different things on your own, to see what feels right for you."

Kieara smiles. "Thank you Rory. I would appreciate the help." She said. She wasn't in any shape to be doing that anytime soon, but once she healed a bit and rested, she seemed more than interested.

Rory smiled a bit, looking to the Mayor. "For now, we should let her recover...Why don't you get the house worked on? I'll get some supplies for her to start up...I'm pretty sure Craig has some tools he doesn't use anymore." He looked over at her. "Whenever you feel ready to start, we can get to work. I'll help as much as you need until you feel you've got a general hang of it. Oh, and I'm in charge of shipments...So you know who to go to when you need to talk about that, too. When you're up to it, I'll take you on a tour of the area properly, too. Sound good?" Yes, Rory was certainly a helpful one- he almost sounded like a walking tutorial. However, his smile wasn't as simple as all that. His smile was simple and almost practiced. This concerned the mayor, who let it go for the time and waved goodbye.

"I'll come see you again tomorrow, Kieara. Rory will take care of you for now. Take care." The man left to return to town hall, and Rory let off a small sigh of relief. The man's energy sometimes surprised him.

Kieara noticed the man's odd smile and spoke. "What's wrong?" She said. She could read people very well, and that allowed her to see that something was wrong with him. She didn't like seeing people sad, upset, or just with something bothering them. It made her mood go down.

"It's nothing to worry about. Hamilton just sort of tires me out sometimes..." Rory replied simply. He'd admit to being surprised she'd even noticed anything was up- normally, he was strangely good at hiding things from his face. Had he let his guard down? Then again, he'd usually told himself he had no 'guard' to begin with. "You feeling comfortable so far? You seem more at ease than when you woke up. It's a relief."

((if you want we could skip a bit to let a little spark build between the two.))

Kieara spoke. "Are you sure about that?" She asked. Having been tortured wherever she came from, she knew when someone needed a friend, and whether he liked it or not, she was there to be one. She spoke. "If you say so." She said and smiled. "Yes, this place is great. It's so peaceful, I love it already."

((Sure...Any time is fine, any idea when you'd like best? We could try skipping to when the farm's ready, or something else. Anything goes in my head at the moment.))

Her later words eased his conscious mind a bit, settling him down from any disruption in his thoughts. "It's a nice place, yep. I've been to other towns, but this is the most peaceful. It can be hard to navigate sometimes, though...Hm, I think the general store should have a map...If the mayor doesn't. I forgot to ask him for one for you...I'll just have to be your guide for now. Sound okay?"

((I was thinking that. Would you care to do the honors?))

Kieara smiled. She spoke. "That sounds nice." She said. "We can get a map a little later after I can get out more." She said to him figuring then she'd be out on her own a bit more. She saw that Rory almost seemed unhappy here, and she didn't see why.

((Surely :D I'll skip his response since there ain't much to it and do a flash forward~))

A few days had passed since his first encounter with Kieara. Surely, Rory was happy to have someone new on the island. That day he'd mostly been a bit unsteady compared to the norm, as there was less work than usual for him, and he had a thing about keeping busy. That along with the mayor's tendency to push him to 'settle down' wasn't much of a combination. However, when the mayor had given him information in the early morning that particular day, he went towards Kieara's room and knocked on the door carefully. "Morning. Your house is ready, if you'd like to see it. I can give you a bit of a tour, since you seem to be healing well too."

Kieara came out to see her new friend. She was dressed in some of the clothes he'd gotten her. Namely a black pair of pants that hugged her hips and thighs just so, and a purple top that was short sleeved and V-cut. Her hair was up in a bun, but some of her curls fell from it to frame her face. She smiled at the news. "That's wonderful. Sure, i'd love that."

Rory was basically dressed the same as usual, except today his overalls were exchanged for plain blue jeans. He had a baseball cap on his head, which he kept backwards to let some of his hair stick out the snap area. He smiled, seeing he'd at least gotten her clothes that generally fit well. "You seem to be plenty better. Glad to see it. That means I don't have to worry as much while we walk. And, since the farm district isn't actually in the town area, we do have to walk a slight way."

Kieara smiled and gathered up her things. "That's alright, I like walks." She said to him and smiled. She followed alongside him and just enjoyed the nature along their walk. She'd explored a little, so she knew a little of where they were going. But being shy, she was rather quiet on their journey. Especially being with her attractive friend.

Rory walked in a nonchalant manner, leading the way towards the town hall, then towards the path that lead out of the village, opposite that of the church district. "Ah, if you're ever interested...I'm pretty sure there's a circus on the twenty-second of every month by the church- actually, a lot of festivals are held there. I'll let you know about them until you have a calendar." He pointed towards that particular road, smiling. "The church is right up this road. Oh, there's a mine cart by there too...But I'm pretty sure it might still be busted. I can't remember if Bo ever fixed it. I never personally used it...But to get through the mountain it might be better when you're tired, if you have to go from the mining district to town. Unless you miraculously find a flying elephant or something." Turning around again, he began the walk to the farm district. He noticed she was quiet, but figured there was no need to push her to speak until she was ready. He could speak plenty giving her random information about town.

When they were near the house, he ran ahead slightly and waved to her when he was in front of the house, though he seemed slightly distraught looking at it. "The mayor made it sound a lot nicer...Well, it may be a bit rickety, but the carpenters in this town are top notch. It may look off, but it's a pretty swell house inside I bet. It won't be falling even during a typhoon."

Kieara smiled as he ran ahead and she followed jogging behind him. Looking up at the house she had to wonder how bad it was before they tried fixing it. What in the world it looked like then she didn't want to know. She looked over at her garden plot and her barn and chicken coop. She spoke. "Looks can be fixed later, all i'm worrried about is sturdiness."

"Well sturdiness you don't have to worry about. All these buildings were fixed up by Dale, albeit they seem like they haven't been- but they have. I saw him working a couple times. Dale's pretty good with this stuff, and so are his apprentices. So...That's not an issue." He smiled, looking around as well. "You're lucky though. You even get a coop and barn free of charge. Some places you have to buy those on your own later. Livestock is a great way to get ingredients for cooking if it's your interest, or just to sell the products for some extra cash. You can also sell things you cook. No matter what you sell though..." He walked to the shipping bin and tapped it. "Just put it in here. This is specifically for you- no one else will use this. Just tell me a time you want me to come to get the contents each day so I can pay you your earnings. As I said...Shipping's my thing. I don't know why, but I like it."

Kieara smiled. "Thanks for everything Rory." She said and hugged him lightly. She was happy to finally get her farm. She knew that she'd have quite a bit of money to pay back to Hamilton for giving her this place, but she would have to grow some crops and get going first.