Friends of Harmonica Town

He wasn't sure if he was startled or just plainly surprised by the sudden hug, but it took him a moment either way to register it before a loose smile hit his features, his arms subconsciously moving to hug her back as to not be rude. "It's not like I did much more than guide you...Shall we look inside? It's furnished, I was told. Oh, and as for the price...After you've gotten yourself settled, when you're ready, Mayor Hamilton said the job was five-thousand total. It seems like a lot, but that's for all three buildings, plus materials- so it's actually a pretty good bargain, looking at how much other things usually cost."

He grinned a bit, pulling away and tugging his hat off for a moment because sweat was clasping his hair together. He'd apparently done something difficult earlier on, or something of the sort. Putting it back on, he looked at her. "Ah, right...I have some tools I got for you to start up. Just the bare basics, but...Craig's a nice guy, and he had some old stuff he didn't use. It's still in great condition. The guy seems like a grouch, but he cares a lot for his work. He runs a farm too, so...If there's anything you don't understand that I can't teach you, you should ask him- though he may tease you. A lot."

Kieara smiled. She looked around the things in her yard. She spoke. "Thank you so much for all your help." She was so grateful to him. She smiled listening to his words. "Thanks for the tools." She said once again. "I'm sure that he'll be a help."

"I think you should have a tool box inside, so let's go check. I'll give you the tools there. Or would you rather me show you how to use them first? I'm not sure how much or little you know about farm work...I've got a hoe, sickle, watering can and some seeds for now. If you want a hammer or an ax, you'll have to ask some of the other villagers...I've been trying, but I couldn't talk to a few yet that might be more helpful. Owen's been locking himself in the mines again, and...I have no idea where Luke is since working on your house, so I need to ask Dale."

Kieara smiled as he spoke to her. She spoke. "I can handle using them." she said. "I just don't know much about the plants themselves and such." She said to him. She gently took his hand and blushed a little. "Let's go inside." She started in.

Rory nodded in response. "Well I can help with that too. I know basics...And if you're ever unsure if the plants are ripe, just have me help check." He was surprised when his hand changed temperature from her grasp, and looked at it for a moment to make sure what had changed, not fully collecting the situation. As he realized what had changed, the confusion faded from his face and he gave her a mild mannered smile. It wasn't a bad gesture, so he wasn't as worried now. "Alrighty then. Inside we go." He moved to open the door for her, keeping it open carefully while taking a peek inside. "Seems fairly comfortable. You should be able to live well here on your own...But if you ever need more space of furniture, go to Dale's carpentry...Oh, or you can go to the General Store. They sell some furniture. Things like kitchen wares and TVs."

"You've been a great help." She said as she released his hand and looked around inside. It was cozy and quaint inside. She couldn't help but smile thinking of owning a farm all to call her own. She looked around happily very content with her new home, even if it wasn't the best looking place and needed some fixing. What mattered was it was alll hers.

Rory watched her with gentle eyes as she looked around. He followed her in, closing the door as if on instinct, and took a look at the toolbox in the back of the room. "Ah, there it is...The toolbox." He walked to it and took off his knapsack, looking over at her. "I'll put the tools in here for you for now...Oh, do you have a knapsack? You can have this one if not."

Kieara looked over seeing him place her tools in there. "You have another don't you?" she asked him as she stepped over towards him.

He chuckled, nodding. "Of course. I have an extra at home that I use for work...I can basically just use it full time, and usually do. This was mostly a change of pace- plus, I did have a feeling you wouldn't have one. It's small right now though...If you need more space in the future, I'm sure the tailors can help."

Kieara smiled and hugged him again. "thank you so much. I can't thank you enough." she said and smiled up at him. "You've been so generous." She spoke to him and took his hands in hers upon pulling back. "Thank you..."

He was a bit flabbergast at what he considered was an overreaction to his general demeanor. He was the type who tended to help people naturally because it kept him busy- he wasn't especially unique in a way that deserved such praise. Still, he'd accept it out of natural order. "It's really not a problem. If I hadn't, someone else would have, I'm sure...But I felt a need, so I did, you know?"

Even though he tried to help, he seemed distant. Kieara was attracted to him, but at her every advance he shrugged her off. She sighed mentally and nodded. She moved away from him seeing he wasn't interested in her contact. She seemed to be weirding him out more than anything.

Her sudden movement had once again caught his attention. Rory had since forgotten about the girl's sensitivity towards expressions from other people, and hadn't realized his slight discomfort would radiate to her. "Something wrong?" He looked at her curiously, rubbing the back of his head as he pondered on if he'd done something improper. "You were really energetic a moment ago."

"No, nothing's wrong." she spoke to him. She was still happy, just a little bummed he wasn't interested. She sat on the edge of her bed just looking around her new home.

"It's better when you're full of energy," He noted to her in a casual tone. Rory was the type who was hard to pursue, because he tended to keep to himself in terms of his feelings and past. However, he occasionally let out simple truths such as his interest in her energy. After all...It was cute when she was so excited, in his mind.

Kieara smiled at his words. "So it's better when I'm energetic huh?" She said noting that he was in a way trying to make her feel better if even on just a subconscious level.

He nodded to respond to her words, moving a hand to scratch his cheek in uncertainty as to how to respond with words. "Yeah. Maybe it's because I'm used to it, but seeing you energetic just seems right to me, you know? When you're not, it's like...Something feels off I guess. I know I'm not especially energetic, so maybe it just gives me energy? I don't really know why. It just feels off if you're not."

Kieara listened to his explanation and while she didn't fully understand it she understood enough to know that he could read people a bit better than he gave himself credit.

He smiled when she was clearly listening, then took a look around. Seeing a nearby bookshelf, he looked for a mini notepad in his pocket and began to write something down. He then looked at her, smiling as he wrote. "This bookshelf will be really useful I bet. You can get books on the town and on other things...I know there are books about the shops at each one. Oh, and you can probably write down information about crops you grow and other things so you can see what you've done so far. I'm writing a reminder about shipping, but want some recipes too? I know a few basic ones. You'll find it easier to cook for yourself eventually, most likely."

"Okay." Kieara spoke with a smile. She rose and came over and plucked a book from the shelf. She began to leaf through it.