Freak Show OOC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm seeing a running theme of Canadian kids so why not

Name
Sosê Lowry

Appearance
His upper (human) half is typically garbed with a flannel vest, forest green and black, with ripped sleeves revealing some pretty sweet muscles and biceps. He also prefers black fingerless gloves. He has terra cotta coloured skin, bold brown eyes, and messy black hair held together by a forest green headband.
The rest of his body resembles a mahogany-coloured stallion. Marks and scarring indicate abuse during harsh training (evidence of abuse that can be covered up with makeup).

Origin
A lone wolf hunter of Mohawk descent, every year he set up camp with family and friends within the Gros Morne National Park in Newfoundland in efforts to reduce surging moose populations. About 2 years ago, he found a small, hysterical child that had wandered from her family and ensnared in one of his traps. He released her, calming her down and returned her to her family. Before they parted, he left her with a small wooden figurine of a sparrow he had whittled earlier that day.
His exploits as a hunter and the prizes he brought him reached the ears of the Ring Master, and a year later he would ambush him at his usual hunting grounds while he was alone. Though Sosê struggled, it was ultimately futile. Since then, he was whisked away, transformed, and forced to serve at the Carnival, headlining one of its most thrilling acts of skill and danger. His presence on the grounds has largely been an enigma as he has largely kept to himself.
One day, however, that same girl he rescued from the woods was brought into the circus troupe, transformed like the rest of them! Wrought with concern and worry, he has gravitated closed to the rest of the troupe, keep an eye on her when she can.

Personality
Cold and impersonal, he rarely speaks or socializes. If he must speak, he does so in as few words as possible. He keeps to himself otherwise and is a professional. However, his stoic disposition hides a warrior's pride that is not easily broken, and he keeps guard over the rest of them in his own way. With people he is especially close to, a gentler side may emerge.

Alteration
Turned into a centaur. His entire lower body resembles that of a stallion with mahogany fur.

Special Ability
After months of intensive training, Sosê is an excellent markman and trickshooter with both a rifle as well as a pair of revolvers. Also possesses all the strength and stamina of a horse and is useful for heavy lifting

Act
"Dusty Buckaroo's Wild West Wallapalooza!" An intense performance starring Sosê as Dusty Buckaroo, he takes to a railroad town overrun by Injuns and must save the townspeople with amazing stunts and trickshots. Sosê hates this show with a passion, with particular regard to its casting of natives as the arrogant villains

How long have they been in the circus?
One year, though has only entered as an act fairly recently with the addition of his show

Are they new or a veteran?
Veteran

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Name
Hannah Leclaire

Appearance
Absolutely draped in messy blonde hair from head to toe and resembles something of an enormous 5'2" mop. Massive tufts of hair obscure the body, completely obscuring her blue eyes, vision, face and expression. The hair tends to knot, twist together, and pick up dirt and other things as it drags along the ground. There's a person under all of that, right?

Origin
Two years ago, she went on a vacation with her family to the Gros Marne National Park. An adventurous youth, she strayed too far from her family and fell into a trap designed to catch moose. Alone and scared, she called for help, reaching the words of a boy who worked as a hunter. He released her and was able to return her to her family, parting with a memento. The time they spent together was something she wasn't about to forget and she begged her parents to come back the next year.
A year later, they did. She was eager to see the boy again, only to find that he was nowhere to be found. There was also stirs of a circus nearby, but she wasn't sure what to make of it. Maybe he just stayed home that year. Disheartened, she spent the rest of her trip, returning home to Corner Brook, Newfoundland.
As the circus grew more popular, she caught an advertisement, recognizing the boy who saved her so many years ago! Saving up her money, she traveled to the site to see him and find whatever had happened. What happens between then and now was a mystery, but she was seemingly coerced into joining the circus as a permanent member to get closer to that boy.

Personality
Exuberant and cheerful, she tries to raise the spirits of others however they can, and is not easily discouraged herself, no matter how many times she trips over herself. Keeping up this amount of energy is emotionally exhausting, and you can make out muffled sobbing from underneath mounds and mounds of hair at night

Alteration
Transformed into a much more extreme version of The Werewolf Man. Ropey hair grows long, thick and quickly out of every pore of her body that can grow hair (that is, everywhere, except her palms of hands, soles of feet, eyes, etc.). She grows hair at a staggering rate of 3 feet a day (it grows at such a fast pace she pauses just to watch it grow), requiring daily care. Unfortunately, she's not allowed daily care and is often forced to manage absurd blankets of hair for weeks at a time. Attempting to lop it all off just results in it growing back at a rapid pace to replace it all. This hair often gets her tangled up, tripping all over the place, and her vision is thoroughly obscured - she often requires a second pair of eyes and hands just to get around

Special Ability
She finds herself with time and a massive excess of her own hair. She's taken up experimenting with different knots, braiding, and sometimes poor attempts at homemade clothing. She's good at making lemonade out of 20 feet of hair.

Act
Put up as an exhibit as "The Walking Carpet" for gawking patrons to gaze at her. She can see them too and attempts to interact with them by waving or hollering (usually jovially), but her pen is soundproofed so it is a useless gesture. Sometimes high-paying patrons are allowed into her pen, in which case she's treated as a petting zoo occupant

How long have they been in the circus?
Recent inductee. Maybe 2-3 weeks?

Are they new or a veteran?
New

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope I didn't try to join too late. GM sounds like she has a lot of rough stuff going on though. :c

If you need another pair of hands to help out with moving the plot along I can probably help! Hosted a fair number of RPs offsite.

Reactions: Ayla
I hope I didn't try to join too late. GM sounds like she has a lot of rough stuff going on though. :c

If you need another pair of hands to help out with moving the plot along I can probably help! Hosted a fair number of RPs offsite.
I actually like the idea of a Co-GM, and had never considered it until now.

But with everything going on its getting harder and harder to try and keep up with everything.

If you'd like, I'd love it if you helped <:

I actually like the idea of a Co-GM, and had never considered it until now.

But with everything going on its getting harder and harder to try and keep up with everything.

If you'd like, I'd love it if you helped <:
Can do, though I don't have the resources you do RN so I wouldn't know where to start.

Lemme know by PM what you have planned, we can back and forth a bit on that front and I can probably keep things moving a bit.

Are you still taking characters? I would love to join. I have a lovely idea for a naga snake charmer.

[BCOLOR=#000000]Name: Lilith Vel[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#000000]Age: 25[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#000000]Appearance: Lilith is about 10 feet long from the top of her head to the tip of her rattle tipped tail, and every inch of her is white save for her eyes, which are a soft cornflower blue. The pupils of her eyes are slit and she also possess a forked tongue and venom filled retractable fangs.[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=#000000] The skin of her human half is very smooth, but always cold to the touch. Her scales have the wet look that most snake scales have, but have a slight shimmer to them when she moves in the light just right. She had long hair before she was captured, but since her imprisonment, she has let it grow even longer and now it falls to where her human butt would have been. She can usually be found wearing tight and reveal white or light grey tops, though when ordered she will forgot the garments and use her hair to cover her ample sized chest [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#000000][/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#000000](I know the girl in the picture is technically not a naga, but just imagine that there is a long scaled tail under the sheet.)[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]Origin: Lilith was studying Ophidology, the study of snakes, when she was taken. She had been out hiking near her home, looking for specimens to study in the wild when she was abducted. She hadn't been aware that the circus had been set up near where she had been walking but apparently the Ring Master had been aware of her. When she was first taken, she tried to escape a number of times, but after her numerous failed attempts and agonizing punishments she finally gave up. She often thinks of the loved ones she's left behind, and longs to go home, but she knows that looking the way she does, she can never leave the circus, let alone go home.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]Personality: When she first arrived she kept to herself, hating everything to do with her new home, including the people that shared her prison. She became isolated and a loner, much like the snakes she used to study; her only companions where the slithering reptiles she used in her show. After a few years of being part of the circus, she started to open up a bit more, especially as more and more newcomers started becoming part of the show. She saw them going through the same things she did and it seemed to awaken a motherly like instinct in her. She is now much more approachable and often offers her shoulder for new residents to cry on. She tends to see herself as a mother figure or a big sister to those who are younger than her and new to the circus.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]Alteration: Her lower half was changed into that of a pure white snake, her scales shining with a slight iridescence. Her skin and hair were also turned white in the process. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]Special Ability: She is incredibly agile and graceful and is able to communicate and command any snake in her presence. Her lower half is also extremely strong and is capable of crushing a person to death.She also has retractable fangs that can deliver a poisonous bite if she chooses, but it's nothing she's ever done before.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]Act: She is the circus' serpent charmer. Her stage name is Medusa.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]How long have they been in the circus? Lilith has been with the circus for nearly 5 years[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]Are they new or a veteran?: Veteran[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]Extra: She has grown very found of her snakes and is very protective of them, especially since one of her past punishments was for the Ring Master to kill all of her snakes in front of her for trying to escape. She also sometimes speaks with a lisp, elongating her S's though she tries very hard not to. It usually happens when she is upset, though she does sometimes use it in her act.[/BCOLOR]

I'm so glad people seem to like her. If it's okay I'll go make my first post IC.

Awesome. I'll go ahead and post to cover everything that's already happened that way she'll be caught up. Also I love your GIF. It's hilarious!

I hope you don't mind but since my character wasn't made in time for the Rings Masters punishment post, I'm just going to make the other snake girls punishment be Lilith's as well since they both have scales if that's okay. If not let me know and I'll be more then glad to change it.

I hope you don't mind but since my character wasn't made in time for the Rings Masters punishment post, I'm just going to make the other snake girls punishment be Lilith's as well since they both have scales if that's okay. If not let me know and I'll be more then glad to change it.
I don't think it'd be a problem <:

Would it be possible to make a list of everyone, how long they've been here and such in one post, or move all the character sheets to the first page under some type of tab? It would make checking character information for everyone so much easier when posting. If not, totally understandable, but it was just a thought. Maybe even put it in the IC thread?

Reactions: TuttyTheFruity
Would it be possible to make a list of everyone, how long they've been here and such in one post, or move all the character sheets to the first page under some type of tab? It would make checking character information for everyone so much easier when posting. If not, totally understandable, but it was just a thought. Maybe even put it in the IC thread?
Sounds good to me

@Ayla would have to do that though

Of course, no rush at all, just a suggestion. I'm sure once people start posting more and we all get to know each other characters better it won't be an issue.

I'm basically stuck waiting for a response from someone, so I'm not sure how my characters are gonna be. :'D

Status
Not open for further replies.