Fragments of Dreams

Zach removed his cloak as well, lying it on the ground as he sat next to the Princess. He listened to the story, smiling as his mom had actually told him the truth, for the most part. She'd told him that she would dream of him every night, and eventually shown himself when she was just about to give up on finding him. He played with the Shadows, forming them into little creatures the size of his hand that could be mistaken for wyverns. They flew around them, one of them landing on her hand before it vanished. Curious, Zach made another land on her bare shoulder, and it vanished again. It was like she was made of light, itself. Wow... He smiled as flowers seemed to form wherever she touched the ground. She was amazing.

"I wish I could have met him," he murmured, the final of his shadow wyverns landing on his knee. He looked a little sad, and he was. He mourned him a little every time he thought of his father, and he'd never even known the man.

Edrea laid on her side, facing Zach. She watched the shadows on his knees, tentatively making circles around it, not letting herself touch it. "I'd have to become a God to meet my parents. People treat me as a Goddess, and technically I am, but then so are you." She could feel the sadness he emitted probably due to the fact that she shared a part of his soul. She smiled, trying to give him a part of sunshine. "It is curious, isn't it. Love," She looked up at that word, fingertips tentatively resting on his knee where the shadows still played. The min-wyverns now tried to dance around her fingers, careful not to touch. "I suppose what a wonderful feeling it is to make Gods forsake immortality, the ultimate power over every being. And for my Father to forgive, allowing a kingdom to bask again in his light."

She truly did feel curious. As she looked over the lake she noticed that the sun had started to set. "Oh, my." She quickly stood up, grabbing her cloak and putting it on again. "I'm afraid I'm gonna have to be curious at a later time. We must go before Molrim sends out the whole army to search for us," she said with laughter in her tone. She ran towards the griffin, urging the Prince the hurry.

Zach watched her fingers as she spoke. He felt a bit of her cheerfulness and smiled at her, his eyes moving to her face. He felt warm next to her. Warm and relaxed, like he'd been lying in the sun with no cares in the world. As she stood, he followed suit, putting his cloak back on as well. He chuckled and followed her. "Yeah, we won't want that," he agreed, hoping onto the griffin's back and helping her up, wrapping his arms around her waist once more as the griffin took flight. He smiled into the wind. "Thank you, Edrea," he used her name instead of her title. It was just the two of them, he didn't see the need to be so formal. Plus, it was tiring not being able to relax. He really enjoyed her company; he was glad they'd run into his mom's car in the Mortal Plane, though the cut on his head was long gone.

"No one's ever called me by my name before," she said in a breathless tone. Sure, people has called her Princess "Edrea" but never just her name. Edrea looked at him with awe all over her face. Her smile looked like a thousand suns. "It feels... lovely." She could not keep her lips from smiling as they rode back into the kingdom. It only took a few minutes before they once again neared the barrier. Edrea's smile turned into a smirk. "My Prince, I've forgotten to tell you, the hard part is not getting out, it's getting back in." But as they circled the perimeter, looking for an area to land on, Edrea saw figures on the ground and the shield opening up just enough to let them in. "Well, I tried." She chuckled, "I hope you enjoyed our fun while it lasted. It looks like we're in big trouble."

Zach smiled happily at her, his heart leaping at how gorgeous her smile was. "I'm glad you're not opposed to it," he chuckled and looked down at the people on the ground. "I did enjoy our time together. But what are they going to do," he asked with a chuckle.

"ZACHARY DENOR," he heard his mother yell clearly, even from the great distance. "GET DOWN HERE - RIGHT NOW!"

"Uh oh.. She doesn't sound happy," Zach chuckled nervously. As the griffin landed and let them off, Zach was swamped by his mom's red hair and blazing red eyes. Oh, yes. She was furious.

"I was worried sick - don't you EVER go off like that again," she demanded.

"But Mom, we're fine," Zach argued. "I asked the Princess to show me around the kingdom. I didn't know it was that big of a deal," he scratched the back of his head.

"You did not, Prince Zachary, but the Princess did." Molrim stared at Edrea with a disapproving glare. Edrea smiled apologetically at Molrim. "I apologize, Molrim. But we didn't even go that far out. We were only by the lake." Edrea looked at Zachary and winked. "Now, now Molrim. Our kingdom is fairly safe. We just wanted to have a little bit of fun."

"Fun?! In the middle of a war, Princess?" Molrim's usually calm demeanor started to crack and Edrea smiled, unworried.

"We remained cloaked and no one even saw us. I took every precaution to ensure our safety. Plus, it wasn't like we couldn't protect ourselves. We did have Rae with us," the griffin purred in approval as he allowed Edrea to scratch behind his ears. But Molrim's look didn't change. Edrea approached him and went on her tiptoes, placing a small kiss on his cheek. "Calm now, Molrim. Please."

He stood frozen and cleared his throat. But his expression has changed already. Edrea simply smiled at him. "Does anybody know where Fenris is?"

Miria shook her head. "I've not seen or heard from him since we arrived," she told the Princess.

"Neither have I," Zach answered.

"KYUUUUUUUUU," he heard Ardor as he ran through the grounds towards Zach from the guards.

The Prince picked up his pet and pet his head. Ardor panted, glad the Prince was back. The furry lizard climbed to stand on Zach's shoulder, making the Prince chuckle.

Miria sighed. "Anyway. Go get a bath. Dinner is soon," she told her son. She should be mad at her son, but she couldn't be. He was just curious and had a right to be. And she couldn't be upset with the Princess, she was being a good hostess. "Just stay in the castle grounds from now on."

Zach frowned. The grounds were huge, yes. But it still made him feel caged. She took her son back up to his quarters. "This is your Averman, Zach. He's going to give you a check up once your bath is finished. His name is Vorkal." Zach nodded at him. "It's nice to meet you."

Vorkal smiled, bowing deeply. "It is such a pleasure to finally meet you, my Prince. I will give you a bit of privacy," he smiled and bowed once more before he exited the room.

"I'm sorry to have to keep you locked up, Zach. But these are dangerous times. We will get back our homeland soon, and then you can explore as much as you want," she promised, hugging her son.

Zach hugged her back, not caring if the maids saw him.

"And besides, if you wanted alone time with the Princess-" she winked at him playfully.

"Mooom," Zach blushed pink as his mother laughed, back to her old self.

Edrea went ahead to her quarters to clean up for dinner when Molrim knocked on the door. One of the handmaidens had opened it and bowed, allowing Molrim to get in. "Your Majesty, Fenris has taken a private mission with one of God's Shadows to the Hellthorne Kingdom. They intend to inform the royalty of their Princess' return." Edrea looked up from the magic mirror as one of the handmaidens finished putting a golden flower at the end of her braid. She simply nodded at Molrim before getting up.

"I want this war clear and over, Molrim. I do not appreciate the bloodshed." Molrim kept his face straight before bowing and exiting the premises.

"Find Sylvana," she said to one of her handmaidens. "I want her to join us for dinner."

Zach bathed and let the maids dress him before Vorkal returned with a deep bow. "My Prince, if you will sit on the bed," he suggested with a smile. Zach did as he was asked. "Mom told you about the shadow thing, didn't she," he guessed.

"She did," the Averman nodded. "I do sense something in you," he confirmed, frowning. He put his hands on Zach's chest to get a better look inside and tried to pull the shadow out of him. Zach winced, but otherwise stayed still. The shadow seemed attached to his insides.

The Averman frowned deeply. "It would seem, my Prince, that we must defeat however put the dark shadow there. However was controlling the Dawntreader is the instigator in this matter, I'm afraid."

"So... Get rid of all the Dawntreaders, and it should just vanish," Zach asked, making sure he understood.

"Not vanish, but become weak enough to where your own shadow can overcome it," he corrected.

Zach nodded, standing. "Thank you, Vorkal." He was now even more determined to fight in the war. This dark shadow was in Edrea, too. They were both in danger until the war was over. He exited the room, Ardor at his heels. "Let's go get your Fire Fruit," he smiled at the Gao, who made a happy little jump. Zach chuckled and walked down the hallway, glad he was at least getting used to walking in the confusing corridors.

Edrea walked down the corridors, her long silver hair tied in intricate braids. Her skin glimmered during the night, having the Moonlight touched her. She was looking for Sylvana. She was probably somewhere in the gardens. Sylvana loved it there during night time. But before she could head out, she spots Prince Zachary and his pet.

"My Prince," she curtsied. "Not looking for another adventure, I hope?" She said with a hint of lightness in her tone.

Zach smiled at her. So he had seen her shimmering in the Mortal Plane. Wow, what a sight... He bowed to her and chuckled. "We were headed to the dining hall." he offered her his hand. "Would you like to join us," he asked with a smile. The shadows made him more comfortable, now that he knew he could control them.

A young guard stood obediently at the door. Normally, he was on the outside to guard it, where he liked it better. He came from a long line of Guards, but he preferred to be outside with nature. His father thought him foolish and childish. In reality, Issomo was hiding a large secret from his father. He didn't really want to be a guard. He wanted to garden. But alas, he could not disappoint his father and bring shame to his family.

Earlier today, the young guard had seen his Gao walk up to the Prince - how handsome he was - and walk inside with him. He didn't have the guts to tell the Prince that the Gao was his pet and friend. Now the guards were talking about the Prince's pet and, surprisingly, Isso did not have a problem with that. He was glad the Prince had returned, as well as the Queen. Speaking of the Prince, he was walking down the hall. He bowed to the Princess as she neared the door, and again to the Prince as he neared them as well.

Ardor ran to the young guard and rubbed his leg. "Kyuuuu," he said happily, his tail wagging back and forth. The young guard petted him tentively, not sure if the Prince would agree to someone else touching his pet. "Have you been having fun with the Prince?"

"Oh, is he yours," Zach asked, walking up to him. Isso panicked and blushed, bowing deeply. "P-Prince," he stammered. "He is my friend," he admitted.

"I didn't mean to take him from you, he just kept following me. I'm sorry," Zach apologized. "What did you name him?"

The young guard blushed. "I call him Haem..." It was such a simple name, he was embarrassed for thinking it up.

Zach smiled at the guard. "What's your name," he asked.

"I-Issomo, my Prince," he bowed.

"It's nice to meet you, Issomo," Zach smiled. "Haem, hang out here with Issomo. I'll bring you a couple Fire Fruits after dinner," he smiled at the Gao, who wagged his tail and hugged Isso's leg.

"Th-thank you, kind Prince," Issomo bowed to Zach.

Edrea took his hand as they walked to the dining room. She smiled as Zach interacted with the guard. He was friendly and charming. He was a natural at being a Prince. She has seen him around but never actually spoke to him."I'll accompany you to get the Fire Fruits. I'm quite sure you don't know where to get them. The garden is very beautiful at night. Sylvana can keep us company, isn't that right?" Sylvana purred, having ran towards them when they neared the dining room.

As they went inside the rest were already waiting. Everyone stood and bowed at the Prince and the Princess. Edrea walked at the chair at the end, just as where she sat this morning. Sylvana sat behind her. She gave a small curtsy and a small thank you to Zach before sitting and motioning for everyone else to do so.

Zach smiled. "I'd like that, thank you," he told Edrea and Sylvana, also smiling at the tiger. As they entered the dining room, Zach bowed to them as well and took his seat. "Oh! I was also meaning to ask you, Princess. Do you think the chefs would mind me joining them to cook? Maybe I can find a dish similar to spaghetti," he grinned as he took a drink of his water.

The Dark Ice Prince walked through the forests surrounding the Orian, on the outside of the barrier that surrounded the kingdom. It was too warm for him here, but the shadows offered him comfort as they followed closely behind him under the canopies of the trees. He sensed the Prince, his older brother by nearly an aurora, and the Princess, whom his shadow had unintentionally, but fortunately, infected. They were in the same room, both feeling peaceful. They would not be feeling peaceful for long, he thought. For Aere had other plans in mind for them. Plans that would please his mother greatly. He just needed to time everything perfectly. He dodged the guards by blending with the shadows of the trees, and he was able to make a portal just like his father and older brother. He would, with time. But for now, he stood and waited patiently. A lion waiting for the chance to pounce.

Her eyes lit up at the mention of spaghetti. Edrea loved that! "Yes, My Prince," she immediately answered. "We'll have the cooks help you." The rest of the table watched in questioning eyes. What in the kingdom was "spaghetti"? Edrea had invited the High Guards and the Bazaleel to dine with them this evening. The feast was much larger than before. There was a low murmur of polite conversation. The dining area had been littered with floating Starfires while the moonlight shone brightly from the arching windows. She wanted them to have at least a decent night before the whole war breaks out.

She stood up, a crystal goblet in her hand. "Everyone, may I have your attention please." Everyone stopped talking and looked to Edrea. She smiled. "I would like to take this chance to introduce you to my wonderful friend, Prince Zachary Denor of the Shadowlands Kingdom and of course, his mother, Queen Miria of the Shadowlands Kingdom and Princess of the Hellthorne crown." Applause echoed all over the room. She looked at Zachary and his mother, her smile genuine. "Thank you, for being here," she pointed out to them. Then to everyone: "To friends, allies, and to following where your heart and duty lies. Everyone, thank you." She raised her glass and the rest did the same. She took a sip before sitting down and the murmur have returned, only a bit louder this time. Edrea smiled as she watched everyone all around her.

She looked at Sylvana behind her who was happily eating in her huge golden bowl. She whispered, "Thank you." Sylvana looked her in the eye, knowledge clearly represented that she understood. Edrea's pleased. Then she turned to her food and began eating.

Miria smiled happily, chuckling a bit as the rest of the ones sitting at the table looked terribly confused. She looked to the Princess as she asked for attention and smiled as she announced their arrival and the then thanked their allies and friends. The sight of Zach blushing in embarrassment made her chuckle as she turned her attention back to the wonderful food. She wondered if they could get away with letting Zach keep his memories of the Mortal Plane.

Zach quickly got over his embarrassment. He was getting used to all the attention, slowly but surely. He was just glad he could still cook. Oh, the dishes he could learn! The Mortal Plane dishes he could adapt to Orian, that would be interesting. He was excited to continue his lessons tomorrow, and maybe learn of some places he'd like to visit regularly in the castle, or the castle grounds. Molrim's pissed expression was a scary one, he would be the first to admit.

Aere grimaced as he sensed great joy from the hosts of his infection. He grew bitter but quickly forced it back. If he lost control of his emotions, the shadow would constrict in their bodies and the plan would be set off too soon and unprepared. Using the shadows, he made a portal back to the Shadowlands to return to his mother to report to her. He had his father's build, but his face was more closely related to his mother's, especially her piercing icy blue eyes, and hair black as night. "Mother," he bowed to her. "The Hellthorne Princess and her son have returned. They are staying in Orian with the Princess. The Prince has shared his soul energy with her. The infection has spread to her, now," he smiled, knowing she would be pleased at this.

After dinner Edrea, Sylvana and the Prince headed to the gardens. The night trees has began to bloom, Starflies were roaming around, the sound of the animals just waking up at night were a gentle hum that Edrea liked to enjoy. For some reason, Edrea's glow has become somewhat noticeably more brilliant. Her smile was real and ever permanent but this time, there was something about it that made it even more beautiful. Her brilliant violet eyes shone through the moonlight as she looked around the place, showing the Prince different things he might find interesting here and there. Her smile grows wider when she watches his face. She finds herself laughing along as they make small conversations. The circumstances of how the Prince had come back were grim, but the effects of his presence were not. For some reason, the Prince of Shadows makes the Princess of the Sun light up. How ironic could such a thing be?

Sylvana had stayed back, having been interested in a Starflies that flocked around her. Edrea led the Prince through the Bridge of Fate, stopping for a bit in the middle. The silence of the night engulfed them. Only the sound of the soothing running water and the animals of the Moon could be heard along with their breathing. She looked down at the river that flowed from the forests and all over the Orian. The water was beautiful, illuminated by the fallen dreams in forms of tiny pebbles that glowed below in a soft blue hue. "Those stones are all made of broken dreams. The river itself is said to have come from tears. I think it's tragic how pain could be so beautiful." She looked up at the moon, the light making her face glow and the night wind gently caressing her. "Dreamwalkers harvest these from people; mortals and those from the kingdoms alike. I sometimes wonder if one of them were mine." Then she looked at him, eyes searching his face for answers. "What do you dream of, Shadow Prince?"

[SPOILI]glow pebbles.jpg[/SPOILI]

Zack smiled happily as Edrea showed her everything. Her excitement was contagious; he couldn't help but be cheerful around her. The night here was beautiful; he could spend all night out here. As they stopped in the middle of a bridge, Zach looked out at the river that seemed to glow, and turned his gaze to the Princess, who glowed just as beautifully. "What do I dream of? Hmm," he said, thinking as he looked back out over the water. "I never really thought about it," he said honestly. "I mean, when I thought I belonged in the Mortal Plane, I hoped I'd have a wife and family some day. But now..." he thought for a long moment. "Well, I guess I still want that," he chuckled. "But I want to win Dad's land back. And I know everyone respects me and all that, but I want to earn their respect, not just have it given to me. I guess I want to prove that I can be what they're expecting, that I'm worthy of the title." His expression turned to look sheepish. "I guess that's kinda silly, huh? What about you, Edrea? What do you dream of," he asked, looking at her.

She looked up at his question, thought for a bit before she smiled sadly, "I don't think I've ever had one." Then Edrea's smile lit up again, eyeing him. "But I hope you get yours someday. And I trust that you will, good Prince." She turned to start walking. "We should get that Fire Fruit now. I'm sure Ardor is waiting." She grabbed his hand lightly to lead him to through the gardens. She never let go.

Zach looked at her curiously. She'd never had a dream? "You've never had a dream," he asked gently, holding on her hand as they walked. He found that hard to believe. "To meet your parents in person," he asked, looking at her. He hoped he wasn't pushing and being too forward. He wanted to see if it was possible for him to help her with her dreams at all. She'd helped him and knew more about him than any of his friends in the Mortal Plane did combined. He felt grateful to her and wanted to help as much as he could. Not that he'd know how, but still.

She thought about it, still walking with his hand in hers like it was the most natural thing in the world. Although this should set off alarms on her brain like the time Ashley hugged her in the Mortal Plane. But there wasn't any. She answered without stopping their stroll. "I will see my parents after I have finished serving the Kingdoms and proving myself worthy of being a God. Why should that be a dream?" She asked him without asking for an answer. Although there was no hint of derision on her tone. It was simply an untainted question. "It's the only thing I was born for. It's the only I will ever do." She smiled at him, watching the lights move across his face. A Starfly has landed on his hair and she gave out a short laugh before trying to lightly remove it. "Even stars get attracted to you."

When they got into the deeper parts of the garden, Edrea led him through the orchard. She went straight for the ones that glowed yellow-ish red and plucked one from the tree. "Here's your Flame Fruit, My Prince."