Fragments of Dreams

Zach smiled, letting the fires go out on his fingertips. He nodded and looked over at the balls. He already knew how to make a fire stronger by thinking about it, as he often used that little ability when he was cooking. This shouldn't be too different. He concentrated and the ball was engulfed in flames. He tried again with the other and let them both die out.

The Queen let go of her skirts, letting them flow to the floor once more. "I am here to inform you - it rather troubles me. As Zach and I exited the doors, he paused. He said something was inside of his chest that had squeezed his lungs during the attack in the Mortal Plane. I am worried that this has also infected the Princess," she told him, looking at him with concern.

The lesson had gone smoothly with Tanril. He was the best one they had after all. He knew the Prince would not have trouble being able to control his fire. By the end of tomorrow, he'd probably be able to control hellfyre, the most powerful one of all.

Molrim had thought about it. It was probably the same moment the Princess had paused. "My Queen, I fear your troubles have truths in them. We must find the Averman immediately. The Dawntreader that attacked them had been one of the top soldiers of Shadowlands during the war but he never made it to be a High Guard. That was when he turned to the Dawntreaders."

Zach felt good about his lesson. At least now he knew for sure how to control part of his powers. He still stayed outside, practicing to better himself. They were at war, and he was the Prince. He would not sit on the sidelines and be hidden. He would help fight as well. Zach was determined to help get their land back.

Miria frowned, having her fears confirmed. "Then we must hurry," she agreed, more fear gripping her heart for her son and the Princess. She wondered what had caused the sudden tension in Zach's chest. If the Dawntreader was gone, why was the darkness still inside of him?

"My Prince, you have quite a knack for fire-wielding. You are indeed the true son of Princess Miria. But I'm afraid this lesson must end. Here comes High Guard Arthran," the two men placed their right hands on her hearts and bowed as a sign of acknowledgement for each other before both of them bowing deeply to the Prince.

Molrim led the Queen to the Aurora Libraries. It was a beautiful open space that lets you watch the night rainbows as you read. As of right now, the ceilings reflected rainbows. The Averman was found watching the Prince from the large windows. "Averman, the Queen has some concerns you may be of help to."

Zach bowed to them both in return. "Thank you for teaching me," he smiled to both of them, excited to learn his Shadow abilities.

Arthran smiled. "You are the spitting image of your father, Prince. Let us see if you have his abilities as well," he challenged playfully. "The shadow under you. Imagine it standing next to you," he instructed.

The Prince nodded and did so. He smiled at his Shadow, who mirrored his movements.

"Excellent. Now imagine it moving separately from your own body."

The Prince's shadow took a step forward and was soon walking in circles around the Prince, who was standing still.

Arthran smiled widely. "You can control other's shadows as well. However, be careful. If someone grabs a hold of your shadow, they may be able to control you as well. If this happens, they cannot control your facial expressions, as shadows do not have faces. You may be able to warn your allies if you feel yourself moving against your will. Now, hold out your hand and imagine collecting the shadows from around you in the palm of your hand." He demonstrated, soon a ball of darkness was held in his hand.

It took Zach a few seconds longer for this task, but he completed it, staring in amazement at his hand.

"Wonderful. Now imagine it as a sword." Again, the mentor demonstrated. Zach followed suit and held it in both of his hands. He swung it a few times. "It feels just like a real sword," he said in amazement.

"Yes," the High Guard smiled. "You can form virtually any weapon this way. A bow and arrows, included. "Or you could simply use the shadow ball as it's own attack. Now, imagine yourself immersed in the shadows. Become one with them."

Zach closed his eyes and did so. When he opened his eyes, he saw pure darkness, but he heard voices. Voices from all over the Kingdom, like he was spying on them. He imagined himself standing with the mentor again and stared at him with wide eyes. "I heard everyone."

The High Guard looked at him curiously. "Interesting. You certainly are the Shadow King's son," he smiled.

The Queen curtsied to the Averman and joined him, looking down at her son who was practicing his Shadow abilities. "Averman, my son has told me something most disturbing... He had been attacked in the Mortal Plane. He says a shadow somehow squeezed his lungs, and he felt it again here. I am worried that this has also infected the Princess."

The Averman bowed at the Queen before responding. "Ah, as I feared so myself. I saw a shadow lurking in the depths of the Prince. I did not want him to share his soul to the Princess, but it was the only way to save her. Do we know of the source of the Shadow?"

"It was a Dawntreader agent. He was one of the guards of the Shadowlands who had turned against them after not being chosen for the High Guard position."

"I see, so he is very adept in Shadow manipulation. Your Majesty, have you thought of consulting the Averman of the Shadowlands?"

Edrea comfortably sat at the back of Sylvana who ran through the forests as fast as the wind. She dodged every obstacle expertly as if she was only playing. Her hair flew against the wind and so did her dress. The sight was magical. She saw the Vulcans fly over her head. So they have started the attack. "Let's go, Sylvana. Time to have some fun." Her eyes shone with glee, her face the perfect picture of a bloodthirsty princess. So there was a dark side to the Sun Princess after-all.

"I have thought of it, yes. But I do not know where he is. Is he here in Orian," she asked, looking down at her son.

"I am, Your Majesty. I apologize, but I have only just heard of your arrival this morning," the Averman said, walking in with a deep bow to his Queen. "My beloved Queen. How we have missed you," he said sincerely as he stood and smiled at her.

Miria smiled. "As I have missed my homeland and all of its people," she curtsied to him.

"My Queen. I will gladly look at the Prince to inspect this foreign shadow and rid him of it. What troubles has it been giving him?"

"He felt it grab hold of his lungs," Miria said, looking worried. "Even after the one who put it there was gone."

The Averman frowned, looking concerned. "That does not bode well, my Queen," he said grimly.

The Orian's Averman watched the scene grimly. He looked at Molrim. "Has the Princess showed any signs of being affected by this?"

"Yes, just this morning before our meeting."

"Where she is now?"

"She went on a run with Sylvana, quite possibly to join the attack on some Dawntreaders who have settled on our forests." The Averman's facade betrayed how badly he thought of it. He looked out and saw Vulcans flying towards the direction of the forests.

"Right now, let's hope for the best." He looked down at the Prince still practicing his shadow manipulation technique. "We must ensure the Prince is free of the shadow. Maybe it is the only way to ensure the Princess' welfare as well." The Averman directed this statement to the Shadowlands' Averman.

Vorkal, the Shadowlands' Averman, nodded. "Yes, of course. I will do all I can."

"Thank you," the Queen said, watching her son. He seemed to be enjoying his lesson.

Zach manipulated his own shadow, making it form to the shape of a skateboard, or something like it. He jumped on it and made it move as he floated a foot above the ground. He laughed out of pure joy as he rose higher and went faster around the garden. "WOO HOOO," he yelled. Not very Princely, but his teacher didn't seem to mind. In fact, he was quite amused as he watched his Prince.

Soon, Zach was exhausted and landed, wiping his brow as he smiled widely at the High Guard. Arthran returned the smile warmly. "We shall cease for now, Prince. You will wear yourself out if you continue too much longer. As you gain experience, you will be able to manipulate the shadows for longer periods of time. The same applies to your Fire abilities. But know your limits," he warned. "There are dire consequences for overworking yourself."

Zach nodded in understanding. He'd wait until tomorrow to practice. "Thank you, Arthran," he said his name slowly, wanting to make sure he got it right. The High Guard smiled. "You remembered my name. I am honored," he bowed.

As the High Guard stood up straight once more, he noticed a Gao exiting the bushes of the garden to sniff the Prince's boot. Zach looked down, staying still. The little guy was kinda cute. He looked like a furry lizard with big eyes and ears. He walked on two legs, making his head come to Zach's knee. He had big red eyes that looked up at the Prince curiously.

"It is called a Gao," Arthran told the Prince. "They are very social, though they normally avoid us. He has taken a liking to you, it seems."

> [spoili] Okay, I'm sorry. But I was looking at random stuff on DA and saw this, and fell in love XD I wants one *squee* <3
the_gao_by_fazzeagle-d4nmo7m.png
[/spoili]

Edrea changed her seating position in Sylvana's back, using both legs to ride on her properly. She could see the figures wearing darker uniforms, unlike the ones from her army. They stayed a few meters back, waiting as they discover that they are ambushed. One Vulcan flew in to their scout's tower which caused the man to fall. Their whole camp had started moving. The fun was starting. Edrea formed a bow and arrow in her hands made of Sunlight. It glittered against her pale complexion, every inch of her a goddess. She bathed in the soft rays of the Sun, her father, as she went in for her first kill. The man clutched his chest, the arrow piercing cleanly through his heart. Edrea sent a silent prayer for his soul 'May the Sun guide you.'

The rest had taken warfare in their own hands. Some used weapons, some didn't. The battle was over in less than 5 minutes. The Orian did not take captives. She neared the group of 3 injured soldiers of the Dawntreaders, each on their knees with hands tied behind their backs with a magic disabling charm. She jumped down from Sylvana, her dress dragging on the forest floor. "Lovely day, gentlemen," she greeted them with a smile. There was no hint of sarcasm or anger on her tone for the daughter of the Gods felt no such thing. "Would you be kind enough to tell me who leads this rebellion against all the four kingdoms?" None of them spoke. One tried, but it seemed like he was truly struggling. Like as if he was physically incapable of saying the truth. A hint of curiosity went past the Princess' face before she realized it was a Betrayal Spell. "Clever," she said before giving them a small bow and riding back on Sylvana. She had resumed her previous relaxed position. Her own men bowed deeply as she gave them a smile and a small bow in return. "Gentlemen of the Dawntreaders, may the Sun guide you." And those were the last words those men ever heard. Edrea rode back to the Orian with scouts and other soldiers on Griffins beside her.

Edrea jumped down at the entrance of the Orian, her maids quickly coming up with concern in their faces. "Your Majesty, your dress..." Lena, ever the doting one, was first to comment. Edrea simply smiled, catching a glimpse of the Prince playing with a shadow. "The Prince looks like he could use to a break from his lessons. Invite him to have a drink with me at the Aphelion halls." She said, leading the maids to her chambers so she could change her clothes.

Zach smiled. "He's kinda cute," he chuckled, knealing down to get a closer look at the little guy. The animal tilted his head like a dog would and took a step closer, sniffing him. Satisfied that Zach wouldn't hurt him, it put it's hand/paws on his knee and nuzzled his hand, making a sound similar to a cat's purr. Zach smiled and pet the animal's head.

"Excuse me, Prince," a guard bowed to him. "The Princess has invited you for a drink at the Aphelion halls."

Arthran smiled. "We will continue your lessons tomorrow, Prince," he bowed deeply as well and took his leave.

Zach nodded at the guard. "Thank you," he said and walked towards the castle. The animal followed at his heels, his lizard-like tail swinging with each step. Zach stopped and looked down at it. "Go home, little guy." The animal just stared at him. Zach took a step and the little guy followed. The Prince chuckled. "Alright, then." He continued walking, following the Guard to the Aphelion halls, with the animal following him. "Princess," he smiled when he saw her and bowed. "This little guy won't leave me alone, I hope you don't mind extra company," he smiled sheepishly as the lizard-like animal stood beside Zach's leg.

Edrea was sitting in a very light blue dress, very much like the sky. For some, she might look like heaven, mistaking her snow-blonde hair and complexion to be clouds. The small round table made for two that she occupied was surrounded by others. The place was basically a local hang out for the people who resided inside the palace. Edrea stood and curtsied at the sight of Zachary. She also gave a small bow at the little guy with him and motioned for one of the guards to get a seat for him.

"Of course, My Prince. Any guest of yours is welcome. Besides who can blame this little guy?" The servants have brought in the drinks that looked somehow golden. Like they were picked fresh from the fruits of the sun. Which they probably were. Edrea poured a cup for herself and a cup for Zachary. "This, My Prince, is nectar from the SunWell. All the citizens of all the kingdoms are welcome to drink from the Well. I'm sorry for being so flighty after the evening we spent together. But now I am all yours. I'm sure you have plenty of questions and I will try to answer them the best that I can." She smiled warmly at him and at the servants who brought a Flame Fruit for the Gao.

Zach thought her beautiful, her blue dress complimenting her violet eyes beautifully. He smiled, glad she wasn't opposed to the animal that didn't seem to want to leave him. He thanked her for the glass and took a sip, and took a bigger one. It was delicious. And she made it sound like they'd been intimate. He wiped his mouth in hopes to hide the light blush that came to his cheeks at the thought of being intimate with the gorgeous Princess. "This is delicious. And it's alright. I figured it was important," he smiled at her. Now, did he have any questions..?

The Gao sniffed the fruit and picked it up with his paws, sitting down and beginning to eat it happily, the tip of his tail wagging back and forth happily. Zach chuckled, looking down at the little guy. "You don't mind him being in the castle, do you?" He didn't want to offend anyone by bringing a wild animal into the castle, but the lizard-thing just wouldn't leave him alone. On another note. "Would you mind showing me around the Kingdom? I'm curious to see what it's like," he smiled at her.

"Anyone and everyone is welcome in the Orian," Edrea smiled at the little guy as he ate his fruit. There was a lot of them around the Orian but people usually kept away from them as they are very temperamental. But once they have taken a liking to you, it was hard to lose them. "We have Sylvana practically ruling the castle, although we prefer animals to be kept outside, it's not exactly against the rules to bring one in so long as you keep a close eye on them."

She took a sip of her drink before answering his next request. She looked out, seemingly to make a decision. "Hmmm. the kingdom, you say?" She weighed the pros and cons of their current situation in her head then she whispered, "Of course not, My Prince. However, we must ensure that no one will be aware of your identity." Edrea smirked, looking around as if she's looking for a way out. "Nor mine." She was already standing up. She stood, acting as if she was doing her normal business. "Follow me," she whispered with a naughty smile.

Zach smiled, glad his new little buddy could stay. He chuckled. "The downside of being the spitting image of my dad," he murmured, standing. "Come on, little dude," he said to the Gao. The furry lizard stood, still holding onto his fruit, and followed, his tail stretched behind him to help him balance as he walked. "We have to come up with a name for you," he said, thinking. "Hmm... Ardor," he said with a smile. It was a more uncommon Spanish word for passion, and sounded a little otherworldly, he thought.

"Kyu," Ardor uttered, sounding cheerful as he took another bite of his fruit. Zach chuckled as he turned his attention back to the Princess. "So, how do you suggest we disguise ourselves," he whispered, walking beside her. He had a mischievous glint in his eye. He felt not-so exhausted. Maybe he could teleport them through the shadows for their escape.

Edrea simply smiled, leading him to the weapons room. The guards that followed them stayed outside, the door cracked slightly open. She chuckled a bit. They never did learn their lesson. She pulled the prince in one corner opening a closet that held a lot of dark brown cloaks. She smiled at him meaningfully. She pulled one cloak on him, smiling as she had to reach up to put it over his head before doing the same to her. Then she looked at the Gao who was recently named Ardor. "I'm gonna need you to do a little favor for me, would you do it?" She smiled warmly at him who nodded, unsure. She patted his little head before whispering, "I need you to run past the guards, leading them away from us and when we get back I promise you get another flame fruit. Deal?" The little guy nodded in excitement as Edrea walked him towards the door. "See you later, Ardor." She whispered as she gave him a tiny shove out the door. "I hope you don't mind. You'll get him back later, don't worry." She smiled comfortingly at Zach.

The little furry guy bolted out, catching the guards attention. "Guards! Get the Prince's pet! Don't let him get away!" Edrea yelled in panic as she grabbed Zach and led him through the window. She smirked at him before going off the ledge at the high building. As she jumped off she landed on a griffin who flew back up to meet Zach's eyes. She laughed a little bit before offering her hand out to him. "Now how about that tour, My Prince?"

Zach let Edrea lead him, and ducked down so she could more easily put it on him. He smiled at her, his eyes meeting hers. He waited patiently as she put one on herself and began talking to Ardor. He chuckled. "I don't mind. It seems like you've done this a time or two," he teased, amused. He ran with her to the window and watched as she landed on a griffin. He laughed and took her hand, taking a seat behind her on the winged creature. He couldn't help but notice his heart leap with joy as he was so close to her. He ignored it as best he could, grinning like a fool. "This is awesome, I won't lie," he said, looking out over the kingdom. The same joy was in his heart now as when he was practicing his Shadow and Fire abilities. "Lead the way, My Princess," he smiled at her. "I will follow." The tone in which he spoke came out soft and warm, though he hadn't meant to sound romantic at all.

Edrea noticed the change of tone with the Prince but isn't completely sure what it meant. She was not educated in the ways of the heart after-all. She led the griffin through the least visible areas around the castle. Their exit will create a small rift in the barrier, but it should be insignificant enough to be ignored. Although nothing would be insignificant to Molrim but they have some time. Edrea's cloak flew against the wind, her hair caught around its neck and thankfully so. She wouldn't want to choke the poor Prince behind her with her silver hair. "Hold on," she said to the Prince as she ducked her head and dug her heel on the griffin's side. They were about the breach the barrier. She made a clean cut with it with Sunfire but just enough to let them pass through. She was the source of the Light Barriers after all, so she knew all about its weaknesses and strengths.

Edrea allowed the griffin to circle the castle once, showing its architectural beauty and grandeur to the Prince. "The people built this city in honor of my Father. They serve the Sun King well and Father gives abundantly in return." She smiled, raising her face up to bask in her Father's rays. They flew around the Orian Kingdom which had another different shield of its own. Now, Edrea didn't dare cross that. That would be tempting Fate a little too much. She flew them over the Markets, the Common Grounds, the farms and the lakes that bordered them. "So where to, My Prince?" She asked him after awhile.

Zach, having nothing else to hold onto, wrapped his arms around her waist to keep himself seated on the griffin. He stared in amazement at the ground below them, and the towers that stood over them majestically. He had to lean his head in close to hers to hear her over the wind. He looked up at the sun and thought of a question. "So wait, the Kings and Queens control the actual thing? Or..." He recalled her Averman saying she was the daughter of two Gods. "Your parents are Gods, aren't they? Do they have to be God's to control them?" He was confusing himself, trying to think about it. As to where he wanted to go first. "Hmm.. What is your favorite place, outside of the castle grounds," he asked her over the wind.

She merely chuckled at his questions. It was fascinating finding a creature like him. She led the griffin down to let them land at the lake on the West side of the castle. She walked to a large tree, letting the griffin rest there as well. Edrea removed the clasp of her coat, letting it fall around her for a makeshift blanket under the shade. She sat down on her coat, patting the space beside her to let the Prince sit. She stretched her legs, letting her hair fall behind her. The thin fabric of her clothing allowed the wind to play with it as she simply basked the coolness it brought to her exposed skin.

"My parents are Gods, yes. I never actually separated their entities from their physical representations outside of the Realm. I suppose it was the same as your Father." Edrea proceeded to lie down on her coat, closing her eyes as she told the love story she's heard millions of times before. "He was the God of Darkness and Shadows, a lot viewed him to be evil due to that. But then, that all changed when your Mother came in the picture. Princess Miria from the Hellthorne kingdom was the fairest lady of all the kingdoms. Suitors from all over the came to their castle to woo her every single day. Back then, there was only one way that the Gods could communicate with the people here. It was through dreams," Edrea's eyes shone with glee as she laid on her stomach, shifting her hair to one side, baring her back. She stared at him with awe and wonder as she told her story. "It was said that the God fell in love with the Princess' beauty and had tried to woo her by taking her in wondrous adventures every night when she slept. But then she would wake up and it wasn't real." She touched a tiny bud of flower on a weed and it bloomed in her touch. "Finally her parents had decided that it was time for her to marry and choose a suitable king for their kingdom. That was when King Deron stepped out of the Realm, took out the Flame of Life, to be able to be with the beautiful princess." The weed had started to crawl to her finger, wrapping itself around the lovely piece of sunshine she offered. "They said the Gods had waged great tantrums, especially my Father. He had refused to shine on the Shadowlands for many Auroras. That was how it got its name." The weed of flowers settled themselves around her wrist, forming a bracelet of tiny white flowers. She smiled, taking a sniff at the flowers. "But eventually my Father's heart softened on the people of the Shadowlands after he fell with the Moon, my mother." She finished her story with a smile. Her hands starting to wander through the grass, letting the small flowers bloom as her hands passed.