Fourth Rock - Reservations Closed

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ooh! Reserve a spot for me please

Aforementioned; currently at maximum. I'll alert you if anyone passes the time frame or drops out.

Reactions: Dunruffle
Alright guys, world question here! Been debating on whether or not to include laser-based (las) weapons. I'm thinking they'll be in low quantity and require single-loaded energy charges instead of using clips or power packs; think of a breach-loaded rifle here. Any thoughts? Lasers too high science fiction for a space western? A-okay idea?

Maybe too high-tech. This is supposed to be kinda sci-fi, but in a society where poor, uneducated people make up most of the population and even cars are a rarity, adding in high-tech and probably very expensive lasers won't do any good. If anything, crime might increase with the poor trying to get their hands on the weapons and the black market trying to deal them out.

Also, will have the CS up soon!

Pfft It's fine. Actually, I honestly was considerin having my character have a single sort of laser/plasma pistol but I myself wasn't sure about others.
Though as being in existance in general i don't honestly mind. Though I do agree that maybe not in public use or rare use. Maybe in the "Holy crap was that a unicorn" rare

Certification of Citizenship

NAME: Lyra R. Bates

DATE OF BIRTH (AGE): 26

ANNUAL INCOME: 10,000 SC/y, extra income varies on the fugitive in question.

SEX: F

PROFILE: Brown hair, grey eyes. Tan skin with birthmarks on the back of the neck and left wrist. 5'8" in height, 161 lbs. in weight. Scars on left forearm and on bottoms of both feet. Tattoo of a dove on back of neck.

CRIMINAL OFFENSES:

• Petty theft, multiple accounts
REGISTERED FIREARMS: Kel Tec pmr 30 and AK-47 with carrying strap.

Awesome, got a theme going here. I like it, makes plot easier.

I seem to be the only one around who

A. Has a profile pic
B. Has a Car
C. Has Cybernetics

YAAAAAAAAAAAAY IM SPWESHAL

Also, when I said cars were rare, it really was just cars. You're likely to see some small, one-man vehicles roaming around. Some of the more expensive ones can hover a bit above the ground, not that it's really that useful a feature on a predominantly flat world. Not to mention, WitchChild's car is an old model and, I assume, in decent shape.

Well, let's send in to HBO. I'm thinking Mathew McConaughey for Garret, some kid actor for Zona, Christopher Waltz for Vladimir, Woody Harrelson for Killian, and Michelle Rodriguez for Lyra. We've got an intro and cast, that's as good as a TV show, right?

Last edited:
Hah XD Awesome

Btw, there are a few other weaponry you may want to consider. Rail/Gauss and Gyroc.

I've read Gyroc a lot recently and feel I've lost my nerd cred by not knowing what it is.

Rocket Guns.
(If you know this)
bolter-blog-image-2.jpg

Right, didn't think a bolter would fit in that.

Well we already have had invented Gyrojets before. They are small and don't explode on impact and really impractical today.

What about gauss and railguns?

I was debating on that one, and while I do believe that rail weapons are the next big leap in technology, I doubt they'd be commonplace or at all man-portable for the time being. Maybe a few people hung onto man portable ones from Earth, but people don't have the resources (or the notion) to fix them up or make new ones.

Myeah. THough arguably a Gauss Gun could be a sort of Rock-It-Launcher as you can put anything metal in it and use it as ammo. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.