Fourth Rock - Reservations Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, yes and no. Rail weapons need dart or missile shaped projectiles to be worth a damn in accuracy. Bullets and other lumps of metal aren't aerodynamic enough to go that fast and hit home.

Well, if I shoot a handful of steel marbles at my target, I got myself a Gauss shotgun and accuracy isn't going to be too much of a trouble

Made some edits. mostly mentioning that the car is lightly armored so if someone tries to Bonny and Clyde him, they are gonna have a bit of a bad time and won't blow out his tires at the first Pistol shot or some crap. Also added Sabot shots to the shotgun.

Except it would be an issue. Muskets used the round projectiles and couldn't hit past 75 feet. If you're using a series of small balls and firing them faster and in all sorts of random direction, the collateral damage would make them highly illegal.

Except it would be an issue. Muskets used the round projectiles and couldn't hit past 75 feet. If you're using a series of small balls and firing them faster and in all sorts of random direction, the collateral damage would make them highly illegal.

But you forget. Gauss/Rail is being launched by electromagnetism. It has FAR more power than simple 18th century gunpowder and far more range. Anyways, just asking about sci-fi weapons XD

Well, that was more a case against round projectiles. You'd come into the same issues as you did with muskets - no control over the bullet. That being said! Railguns are heirlooms if they're high quality or powerful, if shoddy, weapons for the right price.

Can we please post an IC thread soon? I have an intro post for Vladimir ready D:

I don't think we have enough people yet for that. We only have 5 charries so far.

Won't even talk plot until we're full, so it'll have to wait.

foEelsd.gif

Reactions: ze_kraken
A spot will open tomorrow assuming no one replies today. I'll PM you when it does.

You will be reserved if both drop out.

Aw, man. I'm kinda bummed I missed the offer of a reserve now. My alerts are a sorts of weird it feels like.

I'll be watching it a bit more if I get my chance though. ^^

You will be reserved if both drop out.

Well, in order to calm my nerves, I'll keep talking. What sort of transport do the humans have for privateering or piracy to take place? Why does the human government or aristocracy allow privateering (privateers being essentially lawful pirates)? Are there any enemies of humanity that occupy the same space, or separate human factions? As well, how far has firearm tech progressed (I've seen talk of railguns, bans on lasers. Do spaceships, if they exist, have anything? Are we still in the six-shooter revolver theme, and they just happen to be flashier?)?

So transportation is up for debate. The MagLev trains are the main mode of transport for goods and citizens, with occasional light ground-based vehicles meant for one or two people being the norm of private transportation. That was my intention, anyways.

Privateering is a way to keep other illegal smuggling jobs under control. Rather, replace pirate ships with convoys and MagLevs is a better way of putting it.

Venus and Mars don't really communicate much, and there are no known enemies of humanity in occupied space. Class conflicts, namely between Jackels and others, serves as the main tension between 'factions.' The only really warring factions are the Orderly houses with their organized crime.

Still working out firearms.

Last edited:
Heeeey, bad schedule, gotta drop out D:, just saying now in case people wanna join.

Certificate of Citizenship

Name: Daken Narmer

Date of Birth
: 06/07/38

Annual Income: Varies with job. Typically averages out to around 45,000 SC a year (with few bounties taken in, approximately 100 Jackel scalps, and one or two large convoy raids). Usually blown on bail money.
Occupation- Bounty Hunter/Mercenary/Hitman (actively scalps Jackels and hunts known criminals for the half-decent side of the law, provides hit services to Orderlies and criminals, and sells his gun out to people who need a soldier), Contract Privateer/Pirate (receives 1/8 total profit, works for criminals, Orderlies trying to spite each other, or legitimate patrons).

Sex: M

Profile: Tall, about 6'2", bearing unkempt black hair and tanned skin. Rarely does his face show, hidden behind a helmet, but when it does displays a clean shaven face, a crazed, blue-eyed stare, and relatively straight, white teeth. Daken can always be seen walking with a confident, straight-backed gait, and rarely does he show signs of tiring.

Criminal Offenses: 5 counts of theft [2 Grand Theft Auto, 1 Grand Theft, 2 Petty Theft (Convicted)], 40 counts of Murder (12 Acquitted, 28 Convicted), 10 counts of illegal Piracy (Acquitted), 3 counts of Jailbreak (2 convicted, 1 unadressed).

Registered Firearms:

Other Weapons:
Accessories
Vehicle(s)
None. Contracts typically require a prepared vehicle. Public transport or hijacked vehicles used otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.