Four Sword's Frontier (Lucifers Sairen x Lithël Aelfwine)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who is he looking for?

"A were-panther. I'm guessing a close relative, but I have to track him down. He gave little detail just the fact it is very much important to find his kind." She explained. Zaleria spoke with absolute seriousness. Not a smirk on her face but her eyes were still locked in on the man.

A group of footsteps could be heard from the other side of the door. The elves looked each other and simply opened the window and jumped in total silence.
Somebody knocked your door.

The two elves left but knew it wouldn't be the last time she would be seeing the elves. If their kingdom was worried over him and the fact he was using her as a means of help, it only meant more problems. Zaleria opened the door after hearing a few knocks. She had a sweet smile as if nothing happened, but depending on who it is would mean a different greeting.

It was Garth and the tabern keeper with his daughter I've come to have breakfast with you, so we could talk. Said Garo, helping the inn keeper to put food inside the place. Once he was done, he left the tabernkeeper go and closed the door.
Have you slept well?

Zaleria opened her door and stepped out of the way to invite the two in. "Breakfast hm?" She said as she pulled him a seat. "I slept fine, same as usual for me..." She started in were-tongue. "Though had horrible visitors, a couple of elves. Apparently they nor the kingdom is happy with me working with you." She said before sipping some of her water. Zaleria was rather calm about it all and even smiled a little. "Don't worry, they only think you need me to track down your kind for a reason you wouldn't disclose to me. But of course we'll have to be a little more careful than usual."

It's... Hard to see that they already know we're working together, Zaleria. Maybe it would be safer to simply sleep on the road or together, at least, but... You did well. They must not know what our truly motives are. Garth stepped in your room with a happy look in his eyes, but now, he seamed burdened again, and toughful.
How could they know? The only idea i got is the Thieves Guild, but they're very strict with their clients...

Zaleria pulled him up a chair for him to sit on as she took her seat on her bed. "Unless the Elven Kingdom keeps tabs on elves who leave. It was a story they would tell young children so they wouldn't leave as they got older. Never really saw a reason to believe in it, but it's possible. Not many elves leave the kingdom." She said as she kept thinking. "The thieves guild can't tell any information such as that, nor can someone ask to spy on a certain assassin. It would go against everything we were taught. Even if they find out we were working together. They would simply tell them nothing and disappear." The thieves guild saw each other as family. You cannot betray family unless you accept death.

This is complicated. Let's eat now, we'll be getting whatever we need to travel and we'll run into the field. THe werepanther started eating with a resentful grin.
I have given taught to the matter. WereSpiders have the problem the spiders have: They're weak upon the cold weather. Maybe travelling north, to the warmer places, is our chance. But where in the warmer places they'd be... i can not know-

The elf began eating her breakfast and heard the thought about spiders. They didn't like the cold and warmer places were the best to go to. "North is a good idea. Though there aren't very many towns to the north. It's all rural villages, but we can't search every village just for them. If other villages catch wind of us searching then they'll alert their towns and our were-spiders would disappear again."

True. Then we go north, then what? How do we get our people? I would not like to draw attention to us in this first mission nor i'd stand hurting innocents to get what we want. Garth sipped his hot milk staring at the ceiling. What could they do?

Zaleria had to think on this. It wasn't often that she had to go to the north unless she was called to be there. "Hm... I know a merchant that rides to the northern villages, I think I can get him to help us sneak through." She said. "That way civilians won't get hurt and we'll draw less attention. They'll believe we're simply protecting the merchant and helping him move through the kingdom." It was worth a shot. Many merchants have asked for protection from bandits before, the two wouldn't be suspicious to the villagers.

Ok, that's a plan. What would we do once we're there? Garth seemed to like the idea by the glance he gave her, but he was totally serious, always tired and almost broken.

"Were-spiders have to have other qualities like spiders, right? So what are other qualities besides being in warm places?" She asked.

WEll... you know we werefolk are weak against silver, right? well, they aren't. We are like that because of our Rage, the inner beast inside of us. They have no feelings, so they have no Rage, and they don't mind silver. Also, they can change their form, but they change into a giant spider, an hibrid or a swarm of spiders. To activate the things the other werefolk do with rage, they drink blood.. That's pretty much all i know

"They're not weak against silver?" She questioned. "I thought they would be like other werefolk, but if they're not then they would want to stay near silver mines. After all the only other people who would need them most would be the were Kingdom. The elves wouldn't be able to fight them off as well as those who are weak to silver." She polished off he rest of her breakfast and stretched out here arms. Before she started sipping on her warm milk.

Reactions: UnAngelVerde
You're right... But i won't be able to get close to it... that's not good Well, then. Garo Fastened his breakfast and stood up Ok, let's get a map and ask for warm places with silver mines. the travel is going to be so bad....

It was better to get a move on it, the travel there wasn't going to be a short one. "All we can do is hope for the best. Maybe finding them won't be too bad." She said as she gathered her things.

The two left the inn and headed towards a merchant store front. She knew the boy quite well and he was happy to see her. "Zaleria, long time no see." He said with a toothy grin. The boy wasn't all that tall, just a few inches shy of being 6 feet tall. His hair was dark brown but his eyes glimmered an emerald green. He was human and wasn't even 18 just yet but work had to be done and traveling was something he like. "Garo, this is Rein. He's the merchant I always come to for plenty of things." She said. "I know its been quite awhile, but I am in need of a favor. We need some help getting to the North. The country folk out there don't like travelers so I was hoping we could tag along with you." Zaleria was hoping this could work if not then the two were going to need a whole new plan.

Rein thought for a moment and didn't have any reasons not to trust her. "Alright I'll let you travel with me for something in exchange. I'm suppose to go all the way up North to the west but my wagon can't make it through the mountainous terrain. If you promise to deliver a package then I'll help you get as far as I can go. Deal?" Rein needed something out of it so why not have them deliver his package. Zaleria didn't know the layout of the North all too well, but miners are usually near mountains.

With a nod, Garth made his acquitance. Zaleria, a word? ASked garo with worry.
Once they were away from the boy, Garth asked Are we sure of this? We might be endangering him with our mission. The same people that came today might come after him as well. Garo was clearly worried about everything, even people he should not.

There were a few problems with her plan and she knew that. So seeing that Garo was worried about things wasn't surprising. "It's best to weigh the pros and cons about this. The con is they may follow him and could possibly attack him. The pros we'll be able to get through the north without raising any suspicion." She thought for a moment and looked at her friend as he continued to work on packing his wagon. "Alright how about this. We ask for a map of the North and to mark towns that are know for mining silver. In return we'll deliver the package in the mountains. The package has to be going to the same area of the north as we are." Zaleria thought this may better suit in calming his nerves. This way no one gets hurt and people would believe the idea of a special package delivery to the mountains. Nothing alarming, she hoped.

Status
Not open for further replies.