Four Sword's Frontier (Lucifers Sairen x Lithël Aelfwine)

Status
Not open for further replies.
HMN..... Ok, but i don't want to get him more involved. We just get the map, get the package, and go away. Garo was looking her in the eye, trying to reassure hmself that it would be alright.

"Then it's a plan." She said respecting the decision made. Zaleria re-approached her friend as he continued packing. "My friend believes it's best to move at a quicker pace, and seeing that you're not even done packing thought of a different route. Instead we'll take the package but in return we need a map of the north." The deal sounded better, not only did Rein not have to worry about the package but he wouldn't have to move all that fast. "Alright, deal. Here's the map and the package." He said as he handed the two items over. They package wasn't all that big, most likely an amulet of some kind. "I circled the town the two of you need to go to. It shouldn't be hard for the two of you to make it. If thats everything you need I'll let you be on your way." He said with a cheerful smile as the two wished farewell.

"It's quite a path we have to take." She said as she studied the map.

Thanks. Do you happen to know how norsemen are about outsiders?

Rein thought for a moment about the North. "Some aren't too happy with outsiders. I suppose it's because they're wild cards and aren't known to them. I say stay away from the center of villages, it's usually where outsiders are not welcomes. The outskirts are safer and you're best bet to get through a village." He explained.

Well then. ONce we're in the village, where do we go? Who needs to get this? Asked Garo taking mental notes of everything

"I'm terribly sorry. I've made the trip a few times and forget t give directions." He apologized with a small bow. "The village the two of you are entering is bigger than the rest so it's easy to get lost in it. When you enter Eldorntin cross the bridge than heads to the west. After crossing continue on that path til you see the same symbol on the back of the map. When you see the sign thats the shop you enter. It'll be an young lady there to receive the package. Her name is Yvette. Just tell her I sent you to deliver the package."

Ok then, thanks. HAve a good journey. Garo put the package in his backpack. Let's get some horses.

Zaleria nodded at the idea of horses. The journey was long considering their location from the village. It just that he wondered where the mines were located. "Since the package has to go towards the mountains, do you think they would have silver mines there?" She questioned. Zaleria knew there were only three known silver mines but didn't know how people mined for silver. For all she knew they could be far from mountains.

Maybe. Mines tend to be on mountains, but i'm not sure. As you can imagine, nobody mines silver from where i come from. Said Garo. They went around the market and bought food for some time and a couple of fine horses with a full purse Garth had.
For a couple of minutes, Garo chatted with the animals with growls and movements while they made threatening noises, but after the long chat, they had come to a more peacefull talk.
They say they can run at night and rest in the day. That way we can go at nightime and void patrolls. We should sleep normally so we are always awake.

"True, hopefully they are within the mountains. Maybe not too high up considering how cold it gets... Spiders like warmer climates so they would have to be at the base of a mountain." Zaleria looked at the map while Garo talked to the horses. She had never really seen someone talk to animals except for elven folk who knew still remembered some of their ancient ways. Now most Elves do not interact with forest as they once did, nor do they with the animals. It was all to keep harmony but it all faded away. "Good, we need as much cover as possible. Nights are our best bet." She said as she placed her pack onto her horse and climbed on. "Ready to head out?" Zaleria needed to be sure he was on board with leaving now, unless he needed to retrieve a few things.

I'm ready. You know the place? Said Garo, who was putting all in it's place. Done with the saddlebags and all done, he got up the horse and caressed its mane. Let's go, then. Lead the way. Said Garo embracing himself in the old black cloak, heting it's warm and the one the sun provided.

Zaleria nodded, pulled up her hood and led the way. She knew the map very well all the way up to the mountain. Following the path sounds easy in itself but considering how much they were being followed it was hard to stay completely on the path. By time the sun was setting they had traveled quite far towards the North. Granted they still had a some days of travel left it was best to rest a little and eat. Night would be their slowest travel just to be sure not to overwork the horses, but it was also to get them in the cycle of traveling at night while resting in the day. "We should stop here and eat. Let the horses rest awhile before we travel slow through the night. We shouldn't over work the horses but it's the only way for us to get into the habit of nightly travel." she said.

I'm sure they'll understand. We talked about it, but let's give them two hours at least. Said Garo unmounting and unpacking his horse.

The place was interesting: a great pasture with eyes of water every now and then, and not more than a kilometer away, the mountains rising proudly in their multiple colours with no vegetation around.
In the middle of the pasture, lifted over a meter over the grass, the rocky road guided them in it's only way out.

What do elves eat?

Zaleria dismounted off the horse and walked along to remove themselves out of the view of the path. Since there was one way in and one way out it had to do for now. The view around them was stunning and much better than the city. It reminded her so much of home and it was a comfort she missed from time to time. Zaleria took her pack off the horse and sat down in the grass, allowing the horses to rest awhile. She looked over to him when he what Elves ate and it was a bit tricky to explain. "Depends on the elves. My people ate a variety of meats and vegetables. We did our best not to over hunt or over fish. The consequences could turn bad and destroy our home in the process. So we decided to have it balanced. Until they came to create the Elven kingdom. We were looked down upon as savages for eating the precious animals that filled our forest. So meat was forbidden to eat in the Elven Kingdom if you are a servant. The higher classes can eat small amounts of meat." She explained.

Ah, i see. We hunt. It's kind of ritualistic. You don't hunt or harvest, you don't eat. We try to help animals recover quickly, but we don't domesticate them. We just kicked all other hunters. He said.

Everything werefolks did was in a ritual: they lived in the edge between material and spiritual worlds, and as they did, they understood that many things done in the material world had their repercution in the spiritual world. Not honoring the spirits could mean mayhem in the other realm.
That haven't saved them, but it was still important.

Zaleria could understand their diet and their way of life. It is a lot easier than Humans or the high elves that took over her lands. "I can very well understand that. You care much about what happens around and know there are consequences. Humans don't understand that. We tried very hard to keep them from hunting in our forest but they believed we were mean and angry with them. That was never the case. We just didn't want them to harm the lands like many have done before. Once they saw our humble homes they knew we weren't all that bad. It still saddens me that most of our generation has never heard of the power we once held. Some still pass down the small things in hopes someone would gain an interest in it. Sadly they were taken away once the high elves found out."

Have they taken everything but hope from your people? He said opening his pack and starting to eat.

Zaleria nodded as she ate some of her food. "They came and brought strict rules saying it was for the greater good. That we as Elves don't need to live as peasants in the forest but to create an empire. It was what Gaia would have wanted, but people in the temple tried to explain that it was not what she wanted. That it was lie. Now we somehow became servants. and the high elves became human." She said with a small shake of her head.

My people was fierce, and all werefolk was united by a single WarFang, some sort of warlord and shaman. He's a good man, but his hunger for revenge has driven many of the changing breeds to extintion. Mine is just one of many. Said Garth staring at his food.
nothing wood comes from war, it seems. I don't even wuite remember why it started.

"He sounded like a good man if he was able to unite all of your people together, but a wounded man never makes a good leader. I'm sure he would have been a great leader if his heart wasn't consumed by revenge." She said and pulled out an apple to eat. "War is started by wounded people. It's all I need to know and for everyone to heal it needs to end. I guess thats where our story begins. Though you shouldn't worry, I'll be by your side through it all. Things will get better." She said and smiled a little, doing her best to bring a lighter mood.

Status
Not open for further replies.