Forgotten

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Do you need to stop?" Griffin asked. He pointed to a near by bench. He knew that yh r u wouldn't get through everything today. He was OK with that. Especially when Gregory was putting in such an effort just to see a few things. All that mattered was thar they were here together. "Would you like to hear about the first time we came to the zoo together?"

Gregory shook his head. His legs ached a little but it was no problem. He still could go and walk along with Griffin. He knew his limit. He need to stop whenever he start panting. The heave will affect the broken ribs in his chest and it would hurt for days afterwards. He looked towards the bench and sighed. Alright, maybe his feet ached a lot. He walked with Griffin to the bench and sat down, leaned on the backside of the bench so he wouldn't lean on Griffin too much. "Yeah, is it a date perhaps?" he guessed randomly.

Griffin shook his head. "It wasn't a date. Not officially anyway. I had snuck out and was heading to the zoo on foot. You saw me and asked if you could come along. I didn't answer. I don't know where you were going I never asked." He hadn't done much talking in those days. He had been afraid to say the wrong thing. Even back then he had been comfortable with Gregory. He couldn't have said why. There had just been something about the younger man that had always made him feel safe.

Gregory listened carefully and etched it into his memories. Even if he can't remember the past when they go to the zoo for the first time, he would like to remember this day, when they go to the zoo for the first time after his incident. "And then?" Gregory asked, curious. "Did you have a good time in the end though? I wish I could make you happy, even at that time," he said earnestly. It all with start with why though, why did he follow Griffin to the zoo, why did he asked to come along. He wish he knew.

"You were like this little shadow thst I couldn't get ride of. I tried to ignore you. Bit you kept answering questions and I couldn't resist answering them." Griffin explained. He remind the twelve year old Gregory peppering him with question after question about the animals. "You told me once that you saw a lost soul when you looked at me. You never told me how you knew I was lost. I never understood why you saw it when no one else did. But I was always glad that you did."

Gregory chuckled at that. He slightly doubt it that he's showering Griffin questions about animal because he want to know about animals. He bet he was just bored and Griffin is accidentally there to be teased. Of course, he wouldn't tell Griffin that. He put his palms on the top of his knees and rocked back and forth. "Oh well, I'm glad I did too. If I am not, we wouldn't be here right now, would we?" He laughed and took out the paper bag that was filled with sandwich. "Hungry now? I packed a lot so don't worry about eating much."

"I am glad that we ended up here too." Griffin told him softly. He wrapped an arm around Gregory and kissed him softly. He nodded. "A snack sounds good." He wasn't hungry but he wanted to take care of his fiancée. Gregory was the most important person in the world to him. He would do anything for the younger man. "Thank you for taking care of me." He opened the bag and began looking through it. He selected an apple and began eating.

Gregory kissed him back lightly before pulling back with a smirk. Can't have them getting too hot here, can they? He offered the bag to Griffin and let his fiance rummaging through it. "Your welcome, love." He smiled and took the bag back. He picked an orange before closing the bag and out it next to him. He started with peeling the orange of its skin and threw it into the nearest bin. He plucked a part of it and popped it into his mouth. He plucked another one and offered it in front of Griffin's mouth.

Griffin finished his bite of apple. Then he leaned forwards and took the bite of orange from his fiancée's fingers. He teasingly took Gregory's fingers into his mouth. He ran his tongue over the younger man'a fingers. He liked to tease the other man. He needed to see the other man's reaction to his teasing. He needed to know that Gregory still felt something for him. Feelings might be forgotten but hopefully they there still buried in the man's mind.

Gregory watched as his fiancee took his fingers into his mouth and teased him. Gregory blushed and spontaneously pulled his hand back after he snapped out of his shock getting his fingers licked inside someone's mouth in the public for all to see. "Gr-Griffin!" He stuttered, still red in face. "We're in public!" As long as he could remember, no one ever licked his fingers like that. Not with .. affection and.. attention that was all devoted to himself. But maybe he's just to shy for PDA for now.

Griffin shrugged. He had done a lot more then suck on fingers in public. He wasn't worried about it. He knew that Gregory was much shyer then he was. "I'm sorry that I embarrassed you." He said it softly. He hadn't meant to do so. He had just wanted to tease his fiancée. He felt the need to express his affection for the other man. He should have known that he was going about it wrong. He was always going about things wrong.

Gregory shook his head no and went to hold Griffin's hand. "It's fine. I'm just ... not used to it, I think." He smiled and patted Griffin's hand twice. He looked around frantically for any people nearby, and when he found none, he quickly pecked his fiancee's lips. He smiled shyly and looked down, blushing. "Is... is t alright?" He asked, unsure of his own actions. He did not want Griffin to hold back, he wanted things to go the way they were supposed to be, just like before he forgot everything.

"Thank you Gregory. You never were much for public demonstrations of affection. I shouldn't have pushed you. I just...I needed to tease you I guess. Sometimes you can be so serious." Griffin assured the man. He knew that he shouldn't have don't that. But he was trying everything to help his fiancée remember what they had had. "Rest as long as you need to Gregory. We have all day."

Gregory shook his head and stood up. "No, I'm alright now. As good as new. Don't worry, Griffin, I'm not that weak." He took Griffin's hand in his and pulled him to stood up. Their heights almost matched but Griffin always managed to be taller than Gregory. "I'm still this short huh?" He said, laughing. He intertwined their fingers and pointed towards the birds section. "Come on, let's go look in there. Maybe we can see your hawks too!"

Griffin watched Gregory carefully as he stood to his feet. He was worried about the younger man. He felt that the other man was doing as much as he could to make this day like the ones he could remember. He looked at the bird section. It was his favorite. He could sit in it all day. But he wouldn't. He would never be that selfish. He followed Gregory to the birds. He couldn't wait to watch the hawks. They couldn't fly as free here but the zoo had done a good job of making the aviary as spacious as possible.

Gregory walked along with Griffin in the birds section. He watched the various birds the zoo had collected for them. The parrots, the owls, the lovebirds and others. The birds just were too cute. He tapped Griffin on the shoulder and asked, "are we allowed to touch them?" He wanted to try and touch their feathers. He wanted to know how each bird's feather felt like. Is it the same or different?

Griffin looked around. The pleasure was clear on his face. He loved birds. All birds but hawks were his absolute favorites. "You can touch them if they will let you. Some of them are more accepting of humans then others." He reached out and stroked a parrots. The parrots were more used to humans the bigger birds. They had probably once been someone's pets.

Gregory nodded and approached the bird. He didn't know the names, he tended to forget it. The bird looked wary of him at first, and Gregory stopped, he didn't want to make the bird fly away. But he braved himself and took one more step toward the bird. He extended his hand slowly and watched as the bird looked at his hand curiously before jumping on it. He laughed happily. "I think this one likes me."

Griffin watched Gregory interact with the bird. He knew the name of every bird in the aviary. He had studied birds over the years since he met his fiancée. He loved having the knowledge that his mother had. He was sure that his mother would have taught him everything that she knew if she had lived. "My mother used to say that animals, especially birds, knew a good person from a bad person. He knows that you are a good person Gregory."

Gregory blushed at the compliment and smiled sheepishly at Griffin. "Thanks, Griffin. I know you are a good person too. The parrots adore you." He chuckled and continued to pet the bird that was on his arm. "By the way, do you think hawks are the king of all birds? I mean, they're big, .. and mighty. Carnivore as well!" he asked and moved to touch some other bird, more confident now than before. He thought it was some kind of dove. Because it was medium-sized.. and white.

Status
Not open for further replies.