Forgotten

Status
Not open for further replies.
Griffin blushed and looked away. He felt guilty that Gregory thought he was a good person. He wasn't. He was trash. He always had been. "The birds are used to me. I have been coming to the zoo for years." He explained. He didn't believe in himself. He had been trying to but now that Gregory didn't know what he really was he was sliding back into old habits. He was trying not to but it was hard. He didn't have much self confidence. "I think eagles are considered the king of birds even though many hawks are bigger. I think most people things eagles are more majestic. Plus their the national bird."

Gregory just continued to pet the bird he was holding in his hand. "No, as you said, the birds could differentiate which one is good-natured person and which is bad-natured person. Birds could tell from how you moves I guess, it's in their survive instincts. If you have ill intentions towards them, they'll flee away from you. And the bird in your hands seemed to be content enough." He talked with a smile. "Come, let's see your favorite bird so you can smile and happy again. You are so gloomy." He laughed and lead Griffin where he saw an eagle earlier.

"I don't have ill intentions towards the birds. Or any other animal. I love them." He didn't mean to be gloomy. He gave Gregory a soft smile. He put the parakeet that was sitting on his hand back on the branch near them. Then he took his fiancée's hand and moved deeper into the aviary. He kept his eyes up as he walked. The hawks liked to fly in the space provided. He was hoping to see one flying. He loved to pretend that he could pretend that he was a hawk flying high over the world. He would feel alittle better once he saw the hawks.

Gregory continued to walked them around the aviary as his fiance's eyes seek out the flying hawks. He saw one and he raised his finger to point at it. "Griffin! Look!" he exclaimed happily. He squeezed his hand that was lacing with his and smiled lightly. If eagle could make Griffin face looked happy and his lips curled to a smile, he would be happy to bring Griffin here everyday. He already could remember how his previous self love Griffin so much.

Griffin looked where Gregory pointed. His eyes light up and he smiled when he saw the hawk. That was why he loved coming here. He liked the other animals but he loved the hawks. He watched the hawk wishing that he could be like the majestic bird. He longed for freedom. But he knew he would never have it. He was bound to the earth in too many ways. He watched until the hawk was out of sight. Then he sighed and closed his eyes trying to imagine himself up there.

He could have stayed there sll day but Griffin knew that Gregory would be getting tired. So he opened his eyes and offered the younger man his hand. "Ready?"

Gregory chuckled silently as he watched his fiancee's eyes lightened up and he smiled. That smile, even though not directed at him, stirred something inside Gregory. He felt some kind of familiar, warm feeling inside. He was assured that he at least must have seen Griffin smile like that once when he was together with him. He watched as Giffin looked to the distance, maybe he was imagining something to do with the hawks. He remembered Griffin told him he wanted to be free like a hawk someday, and Gregory wished he could help Griffin to make that dream come true. He took the hand that was offered to him and laughed at Griffin's inquiry. "Ready? Ready for what? Or to where?"

"Are you ready to move on to the next exhibit?" Griffin asked softly. He could stay in the aviary all day. But he also wanted to see the other animals. He didn't want to tired Gregory out too much so they would see as many exhibits as the younger man felt up to. He watched the other man carefully. Gregory had never been good at knowing his limits. Now was not the time for him to overdo things. It would only delay his healing. Griffin didn't want that. He wanted the man he loved back. He would do just about anything to get him back.

"Oh..." Gregory nodded enthusiastically. "Yeah, sure, let's go." He smiled and walked to where he saw the nearest exhibit. They arrived at the reptile exhibit and Gregory happily looked around. He would like to learn about everything as much as he can, that's how he always been. With their finger intertwined together, Gregory was sure they wouldn't be separated in the crowd. "Oh... this is a rare snake.." he peered, interested at the unique color and pattern of the snake. Gregory knew he was being childish but he just like to learn he guess. "Let's see what's over there, Griffin." He walked to the alligators before he suddenly stumbled because the ache from his legs.

Status
Not open for further replies.