Flynn Investigation & Co [A1 - THE ITCH]

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
[Arabella]

The man, who struck untuned cords in Arabella's head turned around. Thankfully, it wasn't who she thought it was... A relief. Some of ther tavern-goer trying to get drunk from the watered down booze Todd Tavern's was notorious for selling. Upstairs the sound of loud foot steps and shouting were heard.

Aunt Ginge lifted her head from her writing, though it appeared more like chicken scratch as the shadow of her head moved away and light cast onto the paper. At first the woman just stared for a moment, looking up and down Arabella. Her eyes confused but transfixed on her. Then, a smile came across the her face. A toothy, yellow smile. "Arabella?" Arabella immediately recognized the voice. High pitched and always sounding like there was a hook after every sentence. The crazy haired woman spoke getting up off of her seat and rounding the counter. "Oh my Tol! How I've missed you dearie!" Auntie wrapped her arms around Arabella and squeezed her tightly. He smell of booze eminating from her like a skunk. "Where did you go off to?" She pulled away and looked into Arabella's eyes. Her own watering a little as she sniffled.

[Berkeley]

The table seemed to be lacking any sort of catering or menus, except for half of a coaster. The table itself was crooked and one of the legs didn't quite reach as far as the rest. At least it seemed like every table was like that. Around you the noise remained low but the sound of the conversations were roudy. Often bringing 'police' and 'bails'. Another word, also, that you hadn't quite heard before. 'Buncers'. Strange. Back where you were from you'd never heard anything about 'buncers', whatever that was. It was hard to grab the context in which people were using them in.

A person at the bar toppled out of his seat and the room roared with laughter, and many of the people there jeered at the man as he struggled to get up from dirty ground.

[Cyrus]

After taking a moment to scan the room, you get the general idea of how many people there are, and about how many are carrying weapons. Although, you wouldn't be surprised if a few of them were hiding some in their ominous clothing. Even in their hats, for all you knew.
Table To The Far Right:
[Business Man] - Talking with the two ladies in front of him. A drink in his hand. Pellet Popper on belt.
[Two Grungy Looking Ladies] - Giggling and laughing to each other. Engaging in conversation with the Business man. Carrying large fans.

Table To The Far Left:

[One Man With A Cast Around His Arm] - Hunched over with multiple cups in front of him. No weapons?
[Table Wiper] - Cleaing up the table. Slowly taking the cups off the table and into a tray.

Bar:

[Three People In A Group] - Bostrous. The most noisiest bunch in the room. All of them have swords hanging around their backs. Unfamiliar weapons.
[One Man Off To The Side] - Watching the noisy group. Looks rather annoyed. No weapons?
[Trenchcoat] - A Man sitting to the left of the noisy group. Minding his own business and drinking from a glass. Something is sticking out from his trenchcoat on the side.

Other:
[Red Haired Girl] - Talking with Arabella. No weapons?

Arabella struggled to hold back the tears aching to escape her ducts. She missed this aged red-head. She may have appeared hard and demeaning at first glance, but truly, deep down, she knew that Aunt Ginge is a good person. A sudden shiver overtook Arabella's body. She swooned slightly as she firmly gripped the edge of the wooden table. She inhaled and exhaled deeply, beads of sweat breaking out of her pores. Arabella looked up at Aunt Ginge's concerned face with pleading eyes. I need a squirt soon.

"Auntie...I'm..I'm not..." Arabella's face suddenly paled, and she could feel her consciousness slipping away from her once more. No..I can beat this...I can... Disorientation and her heart palpitations overtook her, collapsed into the arms of the elderly lady. Between the limbos of consciousness and unconsciousness, she could hear pieces of conversations, the steps of the burly man who was probably ordered by Aunt Ginge to carry her, and a voice...a voice she recognized...was it?...no

Watching out of the corner of his eye, Doctor Berkeley could hardly believe what he saw. Did that woman just?.. No... There was only was conclusion, the ginger woman had somehow injected her with the poison that they were investigating. Edward remained calm however, he knew there would be nothing gained from revealing himself now. Edward carefully noted the amount of people who re-acted, and the woman's tone before-hand. Had she figured that Arabella had been working with Flynn Investigation? That could mean that me and Cyrus are in more danger than there appears to be.

Looking to Cyrus, he shook his head and motioned toward the door. Picking up the half-coaster, putting in his pocket, Edward picked himself up from the table, and headed to exit the Inn. If Arabella noticed that Edward was fleeing, he hoped that she would understand. Doctor Berkeley questioned himself for a second. Is it really Cyrus I am trying to protect? No...

Interesting... That word never left Cyrus's mind as he was scanning the room. Each person had a story to tell it seemed although, Cyrus was content not knowing some of their stories. I should report back to Berkeley. Cyrus flipped his head back to Edward, and in the corner of his eyes he noticed Arabella pass out. Wait what! Cyrus's heart started to pound seeing the armed men approach her body.

Cyrus quickly turned his head, and looked into Berkeley's eyes, with a look of worry. Berkeley signaled Cyrus to head towards the exit. What is he doing? We can't just leave her here. Cyrus was overwhelmed with worry. Would it be ok to question a superior? Or... Cyrus's breath got faster, and faster. I only got one chance. Cyrus hurried towards Berkeley, and attempted to stop him from walking to the exit. "What are you doing? We can't leave her. Do you perhaps have a plan?" Cyrus said in a slightly hushed voice. I really don't want to put Berkeley in danger. If he dies... Cyrus's heart sank at the thought. If only I was stronger I wouldn't have to worry. The thoughts almost brought a tear in Cyrus's eye, but he held in in showing no traces of sadness, due to the environment he was in.

Trying to speak in a quiet, but harsh tone. Edward said. "They, at least the ones we can see out number us. We have some information, theres no need to put ourselves in danger to gain nothing. Sure if you fight valiantly and slay them all, you run the risk of her getting hurt, and killing someone who was only trying to protect their fellow man." Doctor Berkeley added that part less as an actual consideration, and more as a brutish fact. "Now lets go before anyone notices we are leaving."

Berkeley continued his way out. Edward knew he didn't like it, he knew it felt wrong, but he told himself it was his logical systems telling him that it would only end his death, and therefore nothing would be gained. Though, he couldn't dismiss the feeling of retreat, and the idea that he might just be running away in fear of a situation he can't handle.

[Arabella]

"Ah!" Aunt Ginge gasped as Arabella fell unconcious, and so suddenly. She knelt down along with the limp body and felt Arabella's forehead... It was warm. Well, it was hot. Warm was an understatment. "Oh Arabella..." She whispered as she looked at the sleeping girl who's face was begining to grow red. Like a strange twitch, Aunt Ginge turned around and sure enough, Alexander was standing at the staircase watching the scene.

"Need some help?" He asked slyly as he finished coming down the stairs. Alexander's eyes twinkled in the dim ligthing. He looked like a cat as he slowly walked down the stairs. A black cardigan was layered over a white undershirt. His pants were black with a red belt looping through the hoops. Finally a top his haid was a brown cap pulled back revealing a bit of his slicked black hair, that also glinted in the light. All of this wrapped around his bulky frame. The only person Ginge had seen in a long while that didn't wear the usual 'clockwork' attire. Alexander went for a more 'Urbane' look, as he had called it.

"Alex, I think she's... withdrawling..." Aunt ginge whispered that last part to Alex as he stood next to the fallen body.

"Well, that's not a problem. I'll take her to my room the-" Alexander started to pick up Arabella, but Aunt Ginge forcefully grabbed his arms and looked into his eyes.

"Alex... I don't think you should do that." Aunt Ginge said, though with some hesitation. She didn't dare talk back to Alexander, but she knew his intentions were not as they seemed. Enough time with him revealed that. Alexander smiled. Though at sight benign, Aunt Ginge could see malice behind it.

"Oh Aunt Ginge. It's so like you to get all worked up for nothing. I'll keep her safe in my room until she's ready to come down again. I promise." Alexander pulled his arm away Auntie's grip, and finished picking up Arabella. He hoisted Arabella over his shoulder and started to slowly walk up the stairs.

"Don't you do anything stupid." Aunt Ginge said. Alex stopped on the fifth step, but didn't reply.

Two people got up from their seat and walked up and out of the door. Aunt Ginge waved them out, and then continued to her writing.

[Berkeley & Cyrus]

The roudy crowd that was right outside the Tavern had dissapated slighlty, and only a few passed-out people remained on the sidewalks and the steps leading up into the Tavern. Most of them snored loudly. The clouds had finally rolled away from the sky and the puddles on the ground reflected the beautiful, twinkling stars far up into the Heavans.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's dark. Arabella could feel a course shiver run through her veins, slithering its way from underneath her epidermis. There were sounds everywhere, faces blurred at every corner. With a thundering screech she shouted out into the void, "WHO AM I!!!". She folded knees in and held the tightly to her chest. The stress was too unbearable for her tear ducts to push back anymore, she let the flood billow out from her hazel-green orbs, a snuffled sob escaped from between her frowning lips. Arabella began to rock on her tailbone, hugging her knees in tight as if it were the last ounce of joy she held in her life. Then, a hand. A cold withered appendage, beaten and worn from years of scavenging and hardship graced her slender shoulder, as Arabella was in mid-sob. "Hush child..hush....I'm here with you" Arabella looked up and turned to see the familiar voice, her eyes glistening like the ripples of a midnight lake. "I'm here now, and I'll never leave you again." The man's weathered and wrinkled face, showed the creases and history of the many smiles and frustration he has undergone. His voice was as sweet as the rich confections indulged by the upper-crust of aristocracy, that she could remember so distinctly in her fond childhood memories of this lowly vagabond. "Charles!" She leaped from her position and surrendered herself into his warm embrace The many memories of this man, though not related to her at all, cared for her and watching her grow throughout the years, tending to her discomforts and teaching her to survive. This man was the only real father, this young girl knew. As she stared longingly into his caring eyes, she felt the warmth of love return back into her blood stream. Then her brows furrowed, as her thoughts began to clearly collect, "Charles..but I thought..I thought TUFF had..." The meek face suddenly began to melt before her, morphing shifting. His gleaming smile, turned sinister, his cheeks hollowed out, and his face paled and changed. "YOU"RE NOT CHARLES!!!!" She screeched like a banshee horrified at the transformation, as she began to realize...Charles had been dead, for a long time. The face stared back at her, but it was no longer the smiling reflection of her loving foster-father, but rather the sly grin of a young man with slick black hair and menacing charms staring daggers into her sins..."Hello doll, welcome to TUFF"......

"AAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!" Arabellla sat up from her corpse position. She was laced in sweat, and she could still feel the racing drum roll of her heart trying to beat out of her chest. Hyperventilation riddled her lungs, her eyes were in a frenzy scanning the room all around her trying to desperately discern fantasy from reality. Her whole body trembled like the vibrations of a church bell. Arabella struggled to regain control of her own devices. Her tremoring hand swept across the latitude of her face. Then she heard a scuffle. She gathered her legs close to her body, and bundled herself up in the blankets she was covered in. Then her eyes locked onto the shadow in the far back corner of the room. Arabella squinted, trying to get a better picture, but even still, her vision was still slightly blurred, the after effects of her hallucination in the form of a dreamscape reality. The shape of the figure was oddly familiar...no, it's too soon. I need to leave. Her heart rate quickened even more, and her pupils dialted. Then the shadow spoke in a nonchalant tone as it stepped out into the light..."Ah..you're finally awake. I've missed you dear"...

(I got permission from the GM to add in Alexander dialogue)

• Love
Reactions: 2 people
Why did we leave her? The words pierced Cyrus's heart. Who was that man that took her? He could be raping her for all we know! Cyrus had so many questions, that he was not going to let go. He reached the outside following Berkeley very closely. On the first few steps, Cyrus took outside, he noticed something. Everyone is asleep... A light bulb went off in his head. He grabbed Berkeley's shoulder, and pulled him in to his ear. "I am not abandoning her. If you can not help me save her, I understand." Cyrus said in a whisper. "Plus...I have been ordered to protect you. I...I wouldn't want to see you get hurt, due to my actions." Cyrus released himself from Berkeley, and looked to the alley way. Cyrus sighed in a low voice, and started to move towards the alley, very quietly. Hopefully I can find the the right window that leads to her room. Should be at the top floor I believe.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
"Cyrus. Don't be stupid." Edward followed him, yet as he said the words, there was a slight feeling of satisfaction. Losing his accent he whispered, "What do you hope to accomplish by climbing through a window. Don't you think they have a guard in the room?" He sighed. "Come, we will rent a room inside. It's easier to look from in there."

Edward did not want Cyrus to die, same with Arabella he supposed. Edward figured he wouldn't want to lose both of his investigative 'buddies'. If there's a way I can keep the act. We might still have a chance at this, "First we need something convincing to make it seem as if we were leaving for some pu-" It hit Edward. "Right. Lets go get Henry's book, and then return. Rent a room, and then find her." Without another word or agreement from Cyrus, he began to walk to find the carriage.

[Arabella]

...-ly." Alexander finished his sentence after a momentary pause. Alexander raised a brow. "Huh, I meant to say that way sooner. Wonder why I've been waiting so long..." He said stepping closer to Arabella. There was a certain motion about him. Like a calm tide or wave pushing its way through space. In a fluent motion Alexander removed his hand and tossed it over onto a luxurious chair. Brown and lined with ivory. Alexander sat down on the edge of the bed where Arabella had only moments ago twisted and contorted violently, like a bad dream. A smile picked up the corner of his mouth. He knew exactly why she slept so restlessly. But he knew to play dumb for the time being. "Didn't get the best sleep, did you? You're looking pretty pale. Maybe you should drink more water." Alexander shrugged.

[Cyrus & Berkeley]

The two walked around the corner where Henry was parked, and to their swift surprise, Henry was outside of his car (book in hand) talking to an interesting looking woman. Her outfit definitely betrayed her. At first glance you could tell she was very forgein, but then again you'd only have to give her a low hat and slap some gears onto her belt in order for her to blend in. The couple were engadged in conversation, and Henry seemed to be going at it...

"Oh I knew that girl was trouble I just knew it! I asked Flynn to make sure he was positive, and look where we ended up? We had a psycho on our team! How could he have mixed you and her up, oh Tol, Flynn is not in mind as he used to be!" Henry threw his hands up into the air. The woman stood there nodding. She said something, though it was much less audible. Henry calmed himself and caught a glimpse of the two around the corner. He pointed to them and said something, which Berkeley and Cyrus interpreted as 'Oh, there they are now.'

Berkeley approached the two cautiously, "Hello." Turning to Henry, Edward looked him in the eye, "I believe I made a remark as to the knowledge of our true identities. I must have been mistaken." Sighing, and looking at Henry's book, Edward said, "None the matter though, I'm sure everything in the investigation will go fine. And, to keep it going fine, I'll be needing your book sir." With and earnest look Edward gave a friendly smile. "It's important."

Turning to the new face Henry held out his hand, "Sorry if I interrupted, I didn't mean to act Kingly, my name is Doctor Edward Berkeley. Do you have a name mi'lady?" Even being here for a day, Edward could tell she didn't quite fit in. He figured that there was something off, or special about her. This is probably an one time appearance. Lets just hope she doesn't tell the entire city of our intentions.

Arabella kept her eyes trained on the dog sitting across from her. How dare he nonchalantly graces himself back into my life, as if no time has passed? She rigidly inspected his slightly muscled physique and cool demeanor. Her eyes could pierce right through his deceivingly charming smile that harked back the memories of how she managed to get wrapped up in this tricky entanglement from the get-go. "If it's all the same to you, I'd rather not accept poison from strangers." she spat out fiercely. With those words, she quickly tore her eyes away from him, not giving him furher sadistic satisfaction he would take from the brash attention she gave to him.

[Arabella]

Alexander chuckled at Arabella's retort and he slid off of the bed. Though not in defeat. "Even with a fever you lash out with such fury!" He raised his hands above his head, and then lowered them back down. With a slight scoff he walked over to the fine dresser and opened up on of the cabinets. "I think that's the best thing you have going for you. Ruthlessness." Alexander slammed a bottle onto the table with the last word, and he promptly uncorked the lid. The liquid inside was purple and it flowed freely into a small wine glass set to the side. "Don't you ever get tired of being such a hardass? I think you're knocking yourself down more than anything..." Alexander corked the bottle and stepped over to the bed once again. A friendly smile on his face. On purpose. He knew that Arabella saw through it, and most people could, but that didn't stop him from trying. "Maybe a drink will get you feeling like you again." He held it out with one hand and used the other to slick back his hair.

She struggled to not get swept up in the smooth way he pushed back his dark gleaming hair. Even in the dim lighting of the decrepit room, the striking features along the edge of his prominent jaw, his slender nose, and deep gray of his mischievous eyes shone and still toyed with her emotions, but soon reality and logic snapped her out of her moment of vulnerability. No. Those days were long gone, and that young boy of whom she knew at a tender age is no longer. The man that stood in front of her was simply a monster disguised in the boyhood of her once-upon-a time lover. She calculated the repercussions her next move may give her. Arabella knew that she couldn't possibly carry on without a bit of the drug to wean of until she truly became free from its grasp. Her challenging glare caught Alexander's cool eyes as she reached out for the goblet of. She wasn't about to lighten up her walls to this rat. "Don't you dare think that this is an invitation of a peace pact. I will never forgive you. I will never allow you to ever allow back behind the walls of my harsh exterior, and no I will not lighten up, at least not to a rusted sprocket such as yourself." Her brows raised cooly as if to further emphasize her lack of any sympathy towards this brooding figure. Their hands brushed as she snatched the glass from his grasp, not breaking the stare until the vial was in her possession. She broke from the glare and peered deep into the sheen scarlet liquids and took a deep hearty swig. This is going to be one hell of a night.

[Arabella]

Alexander smiled devilishly and stepped away from the bed. His empty hand didn't mind him, he was content she took the drink. "You're clever with your words, aren't you? You know I'm not much for gears, but I apreactiate the... simile?" He stepped away back to the cabinet where he also poured himself a drink. As the liquids slipped from the bottle into the new glass he said, "You don't have to forgive me. I don't blame you, after all." He finished topping off the glass and took a nice sip. "However, you and I both know that regardless of the fact you dislike me, there was some reason you fell for me." Alexander sighed dreamily and swished the wine around in the glass. "OOoh, this stuff has a kick to it. Bitter and sweet. Like you." Alex winked.

Arabella narrowed her eyes, pursed her lips, and arched her brow to express her skepticism and annoyance at his frivolous charms and fruitless flirtations. She took another generous gulp of the strong beverage. He was right, however. Perhaps it was his mystery, perhaps it was his enticing promises of security and adventure that allured her. Perhaps, it was because of her long gone admiration of the ample and motivated young boy that always found the resistance and vigor to carry on through the presses of the damned streets their young selves were condemned to. Everything has changed since then. They were no longer the same. Her eyes reflected the deep sadness and frustration Arabella felt, so much so that she turned away to stare at the blank wall, still cupping her now empty glass. Empty...just like her. "Please go Alex..." She murmured in a sudden shift from the harshness to more a vulnerable, wounded tone. "I'm going to rest, and then get ready to leave..but before I do..I still have a scab to pick with you, and business to be conducted." her brows furrowed "Until then, I would like some time to myself, if you'd be so gracious."

[Arabella]

Alexander stared at Arabella. His eyes looked at her as the gears in his head turned. Would he? Would he take up her offer? Or continue to minipulate and make things ever more difficult, which he specialized in. It was a quandry, all right. Alexander took gulp from the glass finishing off the rest of the velvet liquid, and then he promptly placed it back on the cabinet by his side. "If you so insist. How could I resist?" He smiled and slowly walked to the door. "Don't go anywhere. I am very... curious as to what 'buisiness' there is left to do. I won't pry any further." With that, Alexander unlocked the door and slipped back out into the hallway. A click from the door sounded and then the room was silent.

Cyrus was hit by a wave of anger. Why the fuck is he not listening to me? He stood there looking at Edward approach Henry, and the mysterious lady. I...I am not just some kid. Why does he only see me like that?

Cyrus walked closer to the carriage, and notice Berkeley getting 'fresh' with the girl. Does he not understand the situation we are in!? He clenched his fists, and felt a array of emotion, hit him like a tsunami. Cyrus stood for a second, and noticed a puddle in the corner of his eye. The puddle had rippled, and slightly rose towards Berkeley's position. What...What was that? Cyrus's eyes widened, and he felt fear strike his heart. Was I about to?... He glanced back at Berkeley, and received a familiar, yet horrifying image. It only lasted for a second, and was kinda hazy, but all Cyrus saw was a lake, and someone inside screaming in agony. Who...Who was that? He took a deep sigh. No point in dwelling on it I guess.

Cyrus got a hold over his emotions finally. He approached the carriage with some slight speed. As he reached the carriage, he began to speak to all of them in a tone of what seemed to be frustration "We need to help her now! We do not have time for greetings." Cyrus looked at the mysterious girl. "As for you I do not know who you are, but if you are here to help us, than for the love of god please tell me you have a plan." Cyrus tried to take deep breaths to calm down, but he could not help, but still experience some traces of anger.

Kaydence had been talking with Henry when two other men came up. She stiffened her back and looked at them before one seemed to snap at her. She could tell they were both in a bit of shock, something had definitely happened that she didn't plan on. She turned looking at the first man who introduced himself as a Doctor. Her eyebrow raised and she nodded. "Far from Kingly, perhaps even rude... My name is Kaydence and I am here to help." She turned her nose up slightly at the two before giving Henry a glance back. Why had she come here? Why was this her mission? She needed to stop with her attitude. She had to befriend these people, but it was so hard to become friends with people when you had her profession. "So tell me the latest news. I have the basics but you two look pretty distraught and I do not see a reason for it."

Reactions: Gloucester
Mumbling to himself, "That's the meaning." Doctor Berkeley squinted at this woman angrily, "Well there's little time to explain. We are heading back to save our captured member, we will be posing as a group, renting a room and set up a little head quarters in the Inn. Then we will proceed to search every other room and find our lost companion." Edward looked at Kaydence and Cyrus. "Let's go. Keep it quiet, I want you two searching rooms and I will be on the look out for any bar officials or snoops."

How could one not understand Kingly? I miss England... Edward furrowed his brow thinking of non-English people and their problems, which reminded him of an important piece of his investigation, "Oh... And one other thing." Switching his accent to Scottish, Edward fixed his hat and said. "Refer to me as Mister Cromwell. Short of things, I'm a business man from Scotland who runs the import-export trade."

Status
Not open for further replies.