Flynn Investigation & Co [A1 - THE ITCH]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cyrus was slightly relieved to hear someone else was here to help. Although Cyrus did have some doubts about her, she did not seem to be the nicest person, he did not want another Ruko on the team. Cyrus looked at Berkeley as he was stating the plan. He did not necessarily care what it took, as long as it helped Arabella.

Berkeley finished stating the plan, and Cyrus was more than ready to initiate it. "Sounds like a good idea. I am ready when you two are." Cyrus than turned to Kaydence, "My name is Cyrus by the way." Cyrus quickly looked away from her, and stared at the entrance to the inn, waiting for his team to be ready.

There was something that bothered him though, he was still uneasy about Kaydence, as well he was kinda scared of her. She looked like she could handle herself in a fight. Cyrus's thoughts started to go wild about her, and of devilish thoughts. If she even comes close to hurting any of us, she will drown in the deep depths of the ocean, summoned by me! Cyrus let out a very quiet chuckle. Or impale her mangled body with ice, whatever I feel like! Thoughts continued to stir in his head, until it stopped almost instantly. What...Was I thinking about again? He looked back at Kaydence, and Berkeley, "Are you two slow pokes coming or not?" He said with a little smile, and a teasing tone.

"Yes, Mister Cromwell..." She rolled her eyes as she ran up behind Cyrus. She walked closer to him, trying to whisper. "Kind of a hard ass huh? I know I am new here, but I am not new to this whole thing. I have been doing this for quite some time. I know how to handle myself and my team. So don't worry about me." For a minute her mean exterior fell away but once she looked back at... Cromwell... Her attitude returned. She walked next to Cyrus, her back stiffening again as she looked around at the place they were in. Memories haunted her. She hadn't been on a mission in quite some time but she had a good feeling about this. She knew this case, knew what was expected and hoped that her input could help.

[Cyrus & Berkeley & Kaydence]

The group moved back to the front of the Tavern. The area had grown very quiet and much less active in the time that had past. The moon was lowering in the distance. The night was going fast, and a lot had happened in the time the team has spent together so far. Without hesitation, Berkeley opened the door and stepped inside.

The Barkeep was cleaning up broken class and unfinished food while another, younger lad cleaned up the tables and swept the floor. Some of the lights had been turned off, leaving some of the Tavern darker than before. The desk to the right was vacant of the red-haired lady, but now, a much suaver, slick looking gentleman stood there. His hair was slicked back, and he almost had a look of business on his face. The one thing that stood out was that he didn't seem like the rest of the people you'd seen in New Victoria. They weren't decorated in the usual gear attire. It came off slightly odd.

The man smiled and waved. "Ah, hello guests. Are you looking for a room or a few drinks? The bar is closed unfortunately, so you'll have to go somewhere else if you're looking for a good time at this late an hour." The man smiled and flipped over a small slab that read, "Mr. Alexander is now manning this desk!". You suppose his name is Alexander.

Berkeley looked around. Maybe the book wasn't necessary, no one seems to be here from before. Sighing he walked up to Alexander, trying to look slightly tired, and slight anxouis, Berkeley said, "I would like two room. May I pay in the morning? I'm rather weary and I don't feel like flipping through coins." Berkeley figured that he shouldn't pay the drug dealers money unless he had too. Leaning in close almost as a whisper, "I would like a nicer room, preferably on the top floor." Looking back at the girl and then to Alexander. "I would like to show this girl a good time."

If he doesn't let me on the top floor, Arabella must be there. Doctor Berkeley noticed he was being more clever than he had in a long time. Teaching classes and having discussions about the mind never really required much thought from him. I'll need somewhere to brush up on those skills. Maybe Mr. Flynn enjoys conversation. He seems like an interesting man to talk to.

[Berkeley]

Alexander stared at Berkeley and smiled. He lowered it and then flipped through a book on the desk. "Well, let's see what we can do, shall we?" Alexander looked up and smiled to the proper man. "Okay just so I have this totally straight, you would like a 'nice' room? I could do that much for you. God forbid someone as pampered as yourself has to sleep on the ground like the people outside." Without lifting his gaze off of the book, he pointed to the windows outside. "Then, you'd like to have it on the top floor. Unfortunately, we seemed to be totally booked, but I suppose we can make an exception just for you." The sarcastic undertone was become more recognizable, and Alex slicked back his hair as he began to write something on a receipt. "Then, you'd like to pay all of your bills.... Tomorrow. I know you're more of a proper type and can get away with things like that, but that's not how things work around here."

Alexander finished writting up the receipt, and then he looked up to the group though his focused remained on Berkeley. He slowly rose up, like a cobra uncoiling after strangling a meal. He looked to Berkeley and smiled. "You know, if I knew any better, I'd say you're trying to get away with getting a nice free room to pork your 'girlfriend' in, and then bailing out before you have to pay the bill." Alexander stepped around the counter with the bill in his hand. "Unfortunately, we don't have a 'ejaculate and evacuate' deal at this Tavern. I would expect this kind of move from a lowlife, but a rich man like you?" Alexander's anger was boiling. He wasn't in the mood for someone to tell him how to run his tavern. Though he wasn't ready to pop just yet.

Alexander scanned the man. He was sick to his stomach. Was he expected to bend backwards for this cockscomb? No way in Tol. He stepped forward with the bill in hand. He spat on top of the flimsy paper, and then held it forward. "Here's the bill." On the paper, the words "GET OUT" were in big block letters on the bottom. Then, he dropped the receipt to the ground keeping eye contact with the English prick. "Will any of you like a room this evening? Or am I kicking the rest of you out as well?"

Cyrus walked into the inn, he created some distance between him, and the other two, just in case. Berkeley walked towards the man with a somewhat cocky attitude. This guy looks like bad news. For the love of god Berkeley do not put us in trouble. Cyrus's heart raced faster, and faster as the conversation proceeded. Although, Cyrus could not help, but almost snicker whenever Alexander said a vulgar, yet pretty good insult.

Eventually, Alexander got aggressive, due to Berkeley's attitude. Cyrus let out a very quiet sigh, Time to save their asses again. "What the hell is going on?" Cyrus asked in a firm voice. He proceeded to walk towards the two. "Look, I do not care if you two brawl it out, all I want is a room. So could I please get one before someone dies?" Cyrus looked at Berkeley, "You probably should not be attacking him anyway. Trust me, a pampered son of a bitch like you will get his ass kicked, by a man of this stature." Cyrus tried to get his point across to Berkeley. Hopefully he got the hint. Cyrus turned to Alexander "Now how much for a room?" Cyrus's heart raced. I hope this worked.

[Cyrus]

Alexander looked at the new guy. Though he looked just as fancy, he certainly didn't act like it. Though he had half the mind to just kick everyone out, he wanted to prove a point. And he craved to get the last word. Alexander nodded and walked back around the counter and pulled a key from a cubbord. "Second floor room 18. Very end of the hall. That will be..." Alexander thought for a second. Charging nothing would really stick it to that English punk, but be didn't want to be out of pocket just to prove something. "Twenty Flynns." He stuck out his empty hand and awaited the coins. His other hand held out the keys and waited for them to be taken.

A smile widened across his face and be made a point to look at Berkeley as the transaction took place. He had the last word once again. Though it meant nothing, he was a winner.

Kaydence was shell shocked for a minute at everything that had just happened. She pushed ahead of both of them, putting her hands on the counter in front of Alexander and smiling at him. "Will this work?" She questioned quietly, pulling twenty flynns from her breast pocket. She held them out to him but hesitated. "Second floor? Is that the highest you can go?" She raised an eyebrow, a smirk playing on her lips. She held Alexander's gaze, not taking her eyes away from him. God, she had only been here mere minutes and she already had to fix this situation. "Do we have a deal? And he is not my boyfriend, never will be and will not be getting any porking from me tonight..." And when did they decide that she would be the victim here? Playing out because she was the only woman there... She would have a talk with him about that later.

Cyrus shuffled around in his pocket for the correct amount of Flynns. He finally collected enough, but realized that is all he had left. I better get paid for this. Cyrus handed the money to Alexander, and he took the key. "Thank you good sir." Cyrus said in a thankful, and relieved tone. He proceeded to the stairs, but came to a stop when Kaydence charged right in front of him. It seemed she was trying to get a room, and setting the record about her, and Berkeley's 'relationship'. Cyrus rolled his eyes, and looked at Berkeley "Ha! I guess it does take a woman to do a man's job." Cyrus laughed, while walking away. He than headed to his room, up the stairs. Now time to find Arabella. He felt determined to save her.

[Berkeley & Kaydence]

Alexander ushered Cyrus off. Then he turned to face Kaydence, whom was apart of the ploy the privileged man ran. "Well, I can get you both a room on the second floor. Third floor is booked and the fourth is V.I.P only. Which you two are most certainly not. Even if you may think that. How ever hazzerd you must be to think that." Alexander went back around the counter and pulled out another key. "It will be 60 Flynnz for you two. Room 17, second floor. Take it or get the hell out." Alexander slapped the keys onto the desk and stuck out his hand impatiently for the money. "There's only one bed, queen sized for your boyfriend-not-boyfriend's queen sized ego."

Anger rose within her. She was going to kill Berkeley. She sucked in a breath and gave him a sideways glance before pulling another forty Flynns from her pocket. She slammed then down on the desk and snatched the key from him. "This room better be worth that much." She turned on her heel before letting out a sight Humph and followed after Cyrus toward their rooms.

[Berkeley & Kaydence]

Alexander waved as Kaydence past by angrily and walked up the stairs to her room. Berkeley, who had been silent for quite some time, just stood there. Alexander waved, his eyes furrowed and confused as to why he hadn't left already. "Get out of here before I kick your ass out of here. I just gave you a room so you better go to it now before I change my mind." Alexander picked a few things off of the desk and sliding them back into the drawers.

Alexander reminded Edward of his least favorite part of teaching, the arrogant kids. Edward would admit that Alexander did have cause to be angry. When Kaydence gave Berkeley a look, he shook his head. Walking on through to go to his room, Edward commented on the subject. "Don't you be mad Kaydence, you wouldn't have if my plan had worked. Two hundred sixty seven people out of three hundred find that achieving a goal for perceived good is worth being lied about."

Edward realized he wasn't at the College, they wouldn't simply understand who authored that statistic, "A fellow Professor of mine at the University of London, a fellow psychologist was studying socio-economics and he uncovered that interesting fact in one of his experiments. If you take offense I am sorry but, considering the probability, you would have to admit that you wouldn't put your coins on you being one of the thirty-three people." Berkeley sighed, he didn't really want another person, it was more feelings and thoughts to deal with, "Not to mention you tried your own dirty tricks, so if you are thinking of 'lecturing' me, then forget it." Edward spoke as if he was talking to one of his students, he supposed it was muscle memory dealing with when he offended a student. Edward could recall many instances of such circumstances. This situation was not unlike most of them.

I could probably do this investigation by myself. Edward looked back at the rest of them. We will have to devise some sort of plan. The top floor is the most likely, it's the safest to keep a hostage and he said it was fully booked. Though, that remark might have been out of spite. We shall see.

Last edited by a moderator:
[The Investigators]

The walk up the stairs was short lived, but the wear and aging of the wooden planks was obvious as they squealed with every step. Upon reaching the second floor, you found it to be about as dead as he rest of the place. And in about the same condition as everywhere else. The ceiling sank in a little, small spots on the of what looked like dripping water, and then other smudges slightly concerned.

The the end of the hall was room 18 and room 17 right across from it. At the end of the corridor was a window that gave a nice view of the empty building next door and the dank alley in between. A light hung up on the wall above it.

Arabella leapt from her position on the bed. She scanned the perimeter of the room. As she surveyed her surroundings, she contemplated the different moves she could take in order to secure herself. Oh Tol...how did I end up in the mess all over again. A bead of sweat manifested from her worry. She approached the door and checked the knob. She gave it a jiggle; locked. Why wasn't she surprised. Arabella placed her back against the wooden divider standing between her freedom and this cage. She slowly sunk to the floor, she tossed her head to the ceiling in frustration while groaning audibly. As she sat there, hunkered in her misery she heard voices in the hallway....Who are these people. She pressed her ear to the door way, and tried to make out the garbled noise of a conversation.

[Arabella]

Pressing your ear against the door, you listened and tried to capture what the people right outside we're talking about. It proved to be a very easy task...

"It's this door, right?"

"Yeah the boss wants us here."

"Why? He's not even in there right now he's downstairs dealing with costomers and cleaning up?"

"Maybe you should've asked. I don't care. I'll do it if it'll make him happy."

"Yeah, the boss has been actin' a bit ryely."

"'Ryely'? You've really been picking up on the new lingo, haven't you?"

"What? It's appropriate, and it definitely fits the boss's description."

"Well, you're not wrong I suppose... I blame it on the Itch. Boss might be having a few too many."

"It's odd because you and I both know that he does it, yet he doesn't have a bald spot. Not sure how he keeps from scratchin'."

"It's a mystery. I'd ask but the tiniest things seem to throw him into Reprieve. He needs a Hydro Hat to cool off his hot head."

(Laughter)

"Yeah, huh... Say, speaking of Itch, what's up with people getting the withdrawl systems lately?"

"Maybe they should stop squirting."

"No no, apparently they haven't ever done it before."

"Probably just rich people trying to cover up their greed and flaaaaawlesa complexions and outfits. To hell with them. I suppose anyone will believe a lie if theyre givin' enough money."

"Yeah..."

"They can continue to eat their packaged food, wear their overly fancy clothing, and then die in a pompous hell for all I care. Can't wait to see the bunch scratch their brains out."

The two go silent.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 person
Cyrus walked up to his room, and opened up the door, than immediately shut it right after, without entering. He turned to Berkeley, and Kaydence with a look of relief. He quietly walked closer to both of them, and whispered "Well that could have gone a lot better." Cyrus looked at Kaydence, "Nice job, on taking the initiative, and saving you, and Berkeleys ass." Cyrus than looked at Berkeley with a serious face "As for you, keep that attitude on a leash. I know you are my superior, but talking to criminals like that will get us killed. I am not going to sit on the side lines, and say what you did was okay." Cyrus felt sadness hit him like a wave, he hated getting mad at people. I hope he understands the point I am trying to get across... Cyrus turned his back to the two, and proceeded to the stairs. He turned back around, and did a hand signal to Kaydence, and Berkeley while whispering some words to them, "She is up here. Let's go."

Arabella intently listened at the conversation. He's back to scratching huh?...figures. She got up from her seated position on the hard wood floor, and paced about her room. She needed to think of a solution. On the one hand, she could carry out the investigation herself and glean as much information as she could taking this predicament to her advantage, or possibly find a plan of escape in order to regroup with her fellow Flynn co. associates then figure things out from there. Ugh..Arabella groaned to herself as she massaged her temporal region using the tips of her thumb and middle finger. Her head still pounded with the reverberating echo of white noise that slightly clogged her delicate sinuses. "What do I do in the mean time"..she sighed to herself as she continued to wallow in her depravity. The sweet caresses of sleep soon drew her to slumber...sleep, sleep is good...sleep is the only good thing left...sl- The faint rise and fall of her chest in-taking and releasing oxygen soon was the only sound that dominated the small room.

Status
Not open for further replies.