Flynn Investigation & Co [A1 - THE ITCH]

Status
Not open for further replies.
COMBAT
[Arabella][Sneak/Fire Weapon][18 + 1 = 19] VS [Ruko][Senses][13 - 1 = 12]
"You're all pathetic. Pathetic creatures who call themselves investigators. I'm going to kill you, kill Henry, and then I'm setting the Co ablaze. I'm putting an end to this freakshow New Victoria calls an 'Investigation' team. I-"

Ruko had no idea that Arabella had gotten away. She was cued in by the sound of clicking, and then a pellet shot from the clockwork pistol. In an instant, the pellet struck Ruko right in the back of the neck. A incredible, indescribable pain shot down Ruko's spine and she cried out in pain. She doubled over onto the ground wailing. Ruko's hands desperately tried to cover the back of her neck. The very touch sent her screaming into more pain and her whole body shook. "Y-youu biii-tchmn uhg...." Ruko tried to say before the rest was lost in her accent. Ruko shook on the ground in pain. The shot must've fractured her neck. Not enough to paralyze, but surely enough to put her down.

Ruko breathed heavily. She lost grip on her sword and she had become too preoccupied trying to deal with her neck pain. My hands... I can barely move them.... Oh... oh Tol... She thought to herself. She blinked. Her eyes wet. Ruko tried to turn her neck to face whoever had shot her, or to even look at Cyrus. But her neck could barely move without feeling pain all the way down her spine. Weeping and groaning, she fell on the ground and into a ball. She was a failure. Lighting flashed and thundered boomed as she cried out louder, shrieking at the top of her lungs. Ruko cried out in agony due to her deadly wound, and due to the fact she had let down everyone. Death seemed pleasing to her. She would rather die than return home a crippled shame. If she wasn't killed now, her overseers would definitely do it for them.

[Arabella][Pellet Popper][Bruised]
[Lowering her weapon.][Focused on Ruko]

[Ruko][Unarmed][V. Hurt]
[Crying out in agony.][Crippled]

INITIATIVES
Ruko - 1
Berkeley - 2
Arabella - 3
Cyrus - 4

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Cyrus trembled to the ground, due to the massive migraine. All he could see was Ruko standing above him, wounded in the head. After that, all Cyrus saw was Ruko tremble to the ground. He was shocked to see this happen so fast. Cyrus stood up as fast as he could, and noticed Arabella, standing tall with a weapon in her hands. The gun she had, was smoking at the end of the gun, as if it just had been used. Cyrus slightly smirked at Arabella "Heh...Nice shot."

Cyrus noticed the squirming body on the ground. "
Underestimating your enemy, only leads to death. Too bad you just figured it out." He said with a cruel tone. Cyrus, saw a large pellet, perfect for his new homewrecker. Better time than ever to try this out. Cyrus, inserted the bullet, and pointed it directly at Ruko's head, charged up the weapon, and took fire.

Last edited by a moderator:
[Cyrus]

"Y-you have beat-en me.... I ha-aaave failed my oooverseers." Ruko stumbled over her words. As she spoke, her very voice sounded like it was shaking with pain. Words seemed impossible for Ruko to form. "B-ut, my advv-iiisors will nnno-ot faa-il..." She said, and even thoughshe was in imense pain, a smile still cringled across her shaken face. Ruko had gone pail and she accepted her fate. She had no idea what was coming, but death would be sweet.

Cyrus pulled the trigger after the weapon reached max, and from nearly point blank range, the giant ball hurtled and struck Ruko square in the head. Blood splattered and brain matter shot all over, and the now dead corpse feel limp. A hole blown out where her head used to be.

TIME SKIP
[Everyone]

The rain had finally settled. The gang sat on the other side of the street watching police men put up signs and covering up the building. Drapes now hung over the windows and the body of Charleston was pulled out from the shop and into an Ambulance. Pedestrians who'd been woken up from the havoc stood around talking with the policemen who ushered them away. One woman off to the side was weeping. Charleston's fiance, as the gang later found out. Henry looked upon the scene and shook his head.

"I knew she was trouble. I knew knew knew it." Henry turned away and faced the group. "I want a detailed explination of what happened and I want it right now." Henry said gritting his teeth. Clearly angered and displeased as he stared down the entire group.

While they were outside, Edward spoke quietly so no one else could hear his part of the conversation.

"Well when we were inside, I was still purchasing a dagger, Ruko was looking at merchandise, and the other two had already started heading back for the carriage." Doctor Berkeley cleared his throat. "I couldn't get a clear look but she did something to piss off the owner who went over to lecture her. She killed him, went on with some prattle speech, attacked me. Thankfully it was only a shallow cut to my arm!"

"I managed to escape while the others fought her off." Edward sighed, "So much for staying low." turning to the remainder of his investigation group. "So we shall continue as planned with the investigation tactic. I am still Cromwell, and all that happened in there was a taking care of a rival. This situation might serve helpful if anyone hears about it, we can use it as motivation not to attack us."

Looking over at the police banners. "The police will have been a problem though. We should find someway to make it seem as if we have some sort of pull or leverage in the policing here. But that is a worry for the future. For now, I say we better continue with the investigation now, or at least soon."

Arabella sat on the curb, knees pulled to her chest with her chin nestled in the crook. Her mind was fixated on that occurrence; the adrenaline, the smell of the blood, the splattered color upon her boots. It's been a while since she'd seen such a torrent of violence, she was not eager to reminisce once more. She looked up from her daze, and at Berkeley as he was retelling his account on the matter.

"I agree," she spoke clearly, "we should continue on the investigation. A lot has happened, yes, however we still have a goal and a business we must conduct. I suppose we should just consider this as practice for the future." She got up and spun around to face the group. Her eyes hardened and her demeanor shifted, "There is a LOT more to come." Arabella spoke those words with a stiff upper lip and with the seriousness that felt deadening. Todd's tavern will be a tough place to crack, at least this shabby bunch is beginning to shape up, I suppose this was a good thing hehehe... Arabella thought to herself. Then suddenly, like the flickering of a dying a bulb, a name popped into her memory...Alexander...tears suddenly began to well up in her eyes. Arabella turned away, hoping no one had noticed. She walked away from the group toward the carriage in a melancholy fashion, keeping a far distance from the police as well.

The blood, the adrenaline, the betrayal...Everything was just too much for the time being. She took the liberty of entering the horse box and sat inside its chic cushioned insides. Arabella carefully slid out her recovered sword from its sheath and stared deeply and intently at its all; the engravings, the glint, the sharp edge...She cupped it in the palms of her hands, locked in the embrace of her stare. Her eyes lids narrowed..Vengence is a muck-raking whore, Alexander...

Reactions: Kingmaker747
Cyrus tried to listen to his comrades, but he found it hard to even sit still. All the death, and violence, it gave him a slight feeling of euphoria. Especially the battles he used spark in. Cyrus took a glance at Arabella, and was in awe of Arabella after that battle. Smart, and sneaky. She is just not any mechanic.

The feeling of anxiety came over Cyrus, as he noticed the cops going in. He recollected the scene in his head, and remembered Ruko is drenched in water. We should leave. Cyrus noticed Arabella walking to the carriage, and decided to follow, signaling everyone else to get inside. Is Arabella ok? He had noticed the way she was walking. Maybe it was the battle. Cyrus decided not to dwell on it, and waved at Henry, and Edward, signaling for them to get here. Cyrus reached the carriage, and took his seat next to Arabella. He had noticed a sad gleam in her eye. It reminded Cyrus of something...A jolt of pain came to Cyrus's mind, and the only word he heard was, betrayal.

Doctor Berkeley entered the carriage after them. Edward saw a lot of familiar looks on their faces. Good people never want to go to war. Those that do regret it afterwards. Deciding he should say something to lift their spirits Edward said, "Thank you." Edward cleared his throat. "If it wasn't for you I would have probably gotten more than a blow to the arm. While it may seem like evil was done this day, you saved ourselves, and in turn anyone who needs help in this city."

Edward knew he had his own problems with what happened, he decided it would be better not to talk about them or think about them. Trivial matters only cloud up a leader's head and make it harder to think about important things. So Edward thought of the investigation, of Flynn, and of his team. We pose a much smaller combat threat. It'll be hard to get out of sticky situations like this in the future.

[Everyone]

Henry wanted to scold the team for allowing such a thing to happen. This was another mess on their hands and the cover they had acquired was slowly unraveling. But, what was the point. Henry lifted his upset stare and wiped away his frown. "Yes. We should keep on with the investigation. Come on everyone." Said as he walked with his cain to the Horse Box. A police officer stepped up to the gang, probably for questioning. Henry just held up a little badge and kept walking. The police officer stopped immediately and went back to the crime scene.

((Assuming everyone is in.))

"Next stop, Todd Taverns." Henry flicked switches and revved up the mechanical horses, and within a few seconds, off they were to the more shadier side of town.

ACQUIRED
  • Scarlet Fever
  • 1 Skill Point (All investigators)
  • 20 Flynnz (All Investigators)

Arabella watched as the objects outside her window seat blurred into the mesh of brick buildings and clockwork machinery. A chill set into the frigid air of the box. They rode in silence. She turned her head to observe her seated neighbor, Cyrus. Curiously, it seemed as if her was staring daggers into his fidgeting fingers in an indescribable expression. Was it of fear? Was it of contempt? Was it of gratitude? Or perhaps...she decided to vocalize her thoughts, in hopes to break the excruciating silence. *ahem* Arabella cleared her throat as a means to transition to a conversation. "So Cyrus...uhhh...That was nifty water slinging you were doing back there. Tell me, how long have you known of your spark, or perhaps a better question, how long have you been practicing in its art?" Arabella inquired with this with tilt in her head and with her eyebrows performing an arch and droop posture as she attempted to lighten the circumstances casually.

Cyrus could feel Arabella's eyes on him, it did make him slightly uncomfortable. Is she scared of my spark? It was a probable possibility. She than began to speak, inquiring about Cyrus's past. He found it quite odd she was asking. He did not think anyone really cared. Although before he could answer, "We should not say that word...You never know what may happen." He said in a hushed tone. "Ha...But I am glad you think it is nifty" He chuckled slightly. Cyrus pondered on her question for a moment, How long have I had this power? When did I figure out about it?

After a second of contemplation Cyrus bobbed his head up, with his finger in the air. "Awe! Well, I have had this power since I was born, and I have been practicing it since I was born. Whenever I would use it...it would be like an escape from reality. I could use it every hour of every day, and it would always bring me happiness." Cyrus had a huge smile on. "Oh...Also I remember there was a place I would always go to, to use it..." Cyrus's smiled wiped off completely. What am I talking about? What place? "Heh...That's not important, I bet you do not want to hear me ramble on about my childhood. You want to hear the more action packed parts right?" Cyrus said with a slight nervous chuckle.

Cyrus took a deep breath in, and exhaled. "Well when I was about the age of, 16 I joined a different group, who treasured my special abilities. As well my friend..." As Cyrus spoke A huge smile slowly made it's way on Cyrus's face. Although it was obvious Cyrus was trying to hide that fact. His heart warmed up. "Well...That is all there is to me." He proclaimed with the hand on the back of his neck. "I am not that interesting..." He said with a little chuckle. Cyrus sighed deeply, while looking out the carriage. Hopefully this will be worth it. I will do anything.

"Hmm." Arabella concluded, sensing the awkwardness in his ending. This one's an interesting case. She observed Cyrus as he looked out the window in his conclusion. Tension still welled in the air. Arabella then turned over to look at Berkeley across from her. She was, indeed, quite curiously fond yet intrigued by him as well. He seemed like quite the peculiar bolt. He never seemed to show as much emotion, yet his disposition always seemed to have a tinge of cheeriness but with an air of elegance...Dr. Berkeley is difficult to describe. Simply peculiar. After admiring his stern posture and prominent features, Arabella decided that she should get to know this character as well, "So Doctor Berkeley, how about you? Where did you come from, and if I may ask, what lead you to this profession? Please know that I am asking out of sheer curiosity as well as the fact that I would like to better know the people I am working with." She tried to add with a cheery tone, so as not to upset an unpleasant remark.

"Well. When I was in college I studied logic, dynamic mathematics, essentially complex clockwork, and psychology." Doctor Berkeley moved his gaze from the window of the carriage to meet Arabella's eyes, "During psychology class I came up with a theory about the criminal mind. Essentially how to discover a planned murder via journals and diaries. I revised it, and tested it." Edward turned to look at Cyrus. "And... My theory was correct. I caught five murderers in the act. I was given an honorary degree in Psychology even though I had attended school for three semesters."

"After the ceremony for my honorary degree, the Detective Chief Superintendent of the City of London Police offered me a job as the first Psychological Detective of Her Majesty's Police." Doctor Berkeley said the 'Her Majest' without any special tone, almost a hint of indifference showing in his voice. "I worked there for a long time before becoming a Professor teaching Gear-Oriented Psychology. And now, I'm here."

Doctor Berkeley smiled to both of them, and then returned his gaze to the window.

[Everyone]

The scenery quickly changed from brightly lit sidewalks and neat, cookie-cutter apartments to a more... desolate scene. The streets were dimly lit by lights the flickered. Ominous alleyways seemed to facilitate shady, crooked characters, and the houses and buildings seemed run down with their boarded up windows and adolescent youth sitting on the stairs up. "I've never liked this side of Civil..." Henry said as he kept driving. Though he drove much slower in his face seemed wary and focused on the street.

Ahead was a tall three-story building with numerous people standing out front. Drunk people with big mugs and cups in their hand stumbled and fell atop one another. Some coming dangerously close to falling into the road. Rambunctious looking, and very sketchy. A big sign right above the tall wooden building read: "Todd Taverns" Though most of the paint was peeling away, so it really only said "odd Tavern". Fitting.

Henry passed right by the place and pulled around the corner out of sight. He drove slowly and looked around for any figures. Satisfied that no one was around, he pulled up the horse box under a street lamp, and he turned off the carriage. Henry then turned around and faced the gang.

"Now, be careful in there. Try not to bring too much attention to yourself. Remember, we're trying to find out about Itch and how it gets distributed. Well, more of where it's getting taken too. I trust that Arabella will set you all in the right direction. Think you all can manage that? If anything happens, you run back here as fast as you can. Am I understood?" Henry's face was serious. Harshly so. Almost like he was giving precise orders to children.

The carriage lumbered to a halt under a bruised shab of a lamp, near the dilapidated boozery. Arabella recognized the place too well...this is... was..well, home...then suddenly her palms began to sweat and clam up, her pupils constricted, her throat grew achingly dry...*ahem* "Let's move in shall we," she remarked, almost shoving the group out of the hold. When they were too slow to exit, she impatiently clambered over them in haste. "Sorry," she mumbled. "Follow me, you lot." She glanced back at them, in a menacingly serious full glare, then spoke. "and don't...and I repeat, DON'T make unnecessary eye contact unless you want trouble where you don't wish it." As soon as she emphasized the fact, she briskly made her way to the tavern.

She clutched at her sleeves as she felt a chill run a marathon up and down her spine. I need a squirt. I hope they didn't notice. As Arabella strode, a familiar glimpse caught her eye. From among the wretched vagabonds and hooligans milling about, she spotted her familiar corner, her post once a upon a day long gone. She paused momentarily, then winced at the site as memories of the many rainy nights, cold days, strange men, and hooded figures rushed to her present. All wanting and itching for one thing... Arabella quickly shook off the memories as soon as it came, and went about her business. I hope this all goes well.

Doctor Berkeley spoke to Cyrus. "Wait a minute. Too give the impression that I am of importantence. I require that you act as a sort of body guard."

"Mostly I want you to step in before me. Take a seat next to me inside." Edward laughed. "Its not just because you have a sword I promise." Edward exited the carriage. "Take the lead Cyrus. I will be in tow."

Straightening his jacket and fixing his hat. Edward followed Cyrus, the little clockwork flower on Edwards jacket clicked. "Here we go."

Cyrus noticed the impatience in Arabella's actions. What's her deal...Probably shouldn't ask. Cyrus was about to hop out, but was stopped by the doctor himself encouraging a odd, but good idea. Bodyguard?...Do I really look intimidating? Cyrus was not too fond of the idea, but the doctor was the brains behind this, and our future operations. "Ok...I will try my best." Cyrus tried to reassure the doctor, but it came off as more nervous.

Cyrus hopped out of the Horse Box, with Edward following him. He stretched out, and took in the advice Arabella had given him. That will definitely help. Cyrus stood for a second, and thought how he will play this part. Confidence is key. Do not show weakness. Cyrus signaled everyone to follow behind him. He fixed his posture into a perfect line, and opened the doors to the tavern. He slowly entered, with a look of confidence.

[Everyone]

As the gang stepped around the corner and too the Tavern, it was hard not to notice the very, very, peculiar characters that littered the ground and the area around their doors. It was nearly impossible to spot someone without a lit cigar or loaded mug in their hands. All of them having a few things in common. Their clothing dirty and in a very rugged fashion. Missing teeth and what seemed to be missing screws as they drunkenly shouted and hollered around with each other. A cacophony is what it was. Through the broken windows of the Tavern, the silhouettes of other people seemed to mock about inside.

No one paid much mind to the new people. This late at night and this far into intoxication, it was hard to ask any of the boastful bunch to be attentive or perceptive. As the night waned on, so did their state of mind.

The gang pushed open the doors which squealed over the loudness of everyone outside, and the inside was surprisingly much quieter. The decorations and ornaments in the tavern were minimal. Some paintings were hung from the wooden wall, but most of them remained slanted or tilted. Small chandeliers hung from the ceilings, though they waved slowly and the lights flickered. Straight ahead was a bar that sat a few figures. One of them in a trench coat, and the others passed out before their drinks. In fact, the gang stepped in just in time to see someone slip a wallet from a passed out customer's pocket. Not much of a shocker considering. Tables out and to the left held very few people who poked at their less-than-pleasing looking food. To the right was a small receptionist's desk and the hall past that seemed to be lined with rooms. A staircase lead up to the left of the desk.

A woman, very old and baggy looking, sat at the desk writing down on a paper. Her hair red and poking out in various places, almost like she had tried to do her hair neatly, but it all slowly poked out of places. Her head did not pick up from her writing as you entered.

Arabella entered into the tavern, quickly and quietly, careful not to collect unwanted attention. She surveyed the dank and musty tavern full of no-good miscreants. Then, her eyes found her target, Aunt Ginge. Arabella tip-toed her way past the quarreling drunks, and sketchy hooded figures at the bar to where the ominous sat. "Life is TUFF ain't it.. huh Auntie?" Arabella spoke with an underlying playfulness, yet still was toned with a serious business-like approach. She stared hard at the elderly woman, but in her periphery she paid attention to the hidden henchmen keeping cover nearby in the tables to her left and right. At this point, Arabella has shifted Gentleman's Plight's position from her back into her hands while being carefully draped across her lap. In a place like this, she made sure to always have her hand on the hilt at all times, though this woman may be old she's full of surprises.

A figure entered in discreetly from the back. *gasp* Could that?...no... Arabella kept on the edge of her seat, she thought she recognized the man, but immediately let go of the thought...It couldn't be him...it couldn't...it's too soon. The young girl shifted her focus once more on the aged business lady, and readied herself for anything that could happen.

Doctor Berkeley looked around the area. Spying an empty table to the side of the building he tapped Cyrus on the arm, "There." Berkeley moved to the table sat down. "Now Cyrus I want you to look around judge the situation. How many people here have weapons and how many of those people are drinking?"

Edward looked around for some sort of a menu or napkin or some utensil he can fiddle with. The situation was making him nervous, it had been a long time since he had gone undercover like this. I need to remain calm, and confident. Trying to slow his gears he twiddled his thumbs as to appear waiting, as well as appearing not extremely nervous.

The only person Edward looked at was Arabella, her seating location was interesting. Maybe the woman has something to do with Itch? Doctor Berkeley hoped she understood what he was trying to do.

This place chilled Cyrus to the bone. The shady figures, and the amount of debauchery was too much for him to handle. Although, even with everything that is going on Cyrus still held his over confidence act. Cyrus noticed Arabella run towards a old looking woman. I hope this has to do with the mission. Cyrus hated the thought that she was here for 'personal reasons.' Cyrus kept his eye on her, just in case of trouble.

After a few seconds of walking, Berkeley came up with a scary idea, but Cyrus did not argue. He is my superior. All I hope is I can live up to his expectations. Cyrus felt a slight amount of pressure. "Yes sir." He replied to Berkeley, in a firm voice. Cyrus walked around the room surveying it, inch by inch. He started trying to get a good ratio of drunks to armed men, and women. While looking he noticed a few very muscular men, who probably could snap him like a toothpick. Better not cause trouble. Although Cyrus couldn't help, but glance at a few of them. Whenever he did he couldn't help, but blush a bit. Continuing walking he noticed the drunken fools on the ground, they disgusted him. Have they no shame here? While surveying the room, Cyrus made sure to always look back at Arabella, and Berkeley. He was both their protectors, and he was determined to do a damn good job at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.