"You didn't have to do that, Xavier!" He squeaked in horror... though it didn't stop him from growing a bit flustered in amazement. "Seriously, fashion doesn't need to be expensive. I used to go thrifting when I was younger and it worked just fine. Why would I buy some Louis Vuitton shoes when I can just paint the bottom of some regular, 20 dollar heels?"

Offering the other a sip of his tea and a piece of cake to plop on the other's plate before daring to slice a piece of the waffle off. It was a bit daring but he was hungry.

"I went to charity stores and got stuff dirt cheap. I just never had that much cash to begin with, and I kinda went overboard and spent everything I had, but-- look, I'm sat with you and you're offering me a chance to be a model. I'm not apologising for it when it's clearly worked out perfectly-- and I have a whole new wardrobe, so that's a bonus," he snorted, pushing his glasses up his nose as a smile flickered on his lips when he realised that Dante wasn't chastising him or calling him creepy. The flustered blushes were a good sign, so the nervousness he had after confessing disappeared instantly.

"You know, I'd be pissed at you for eating the food I ordered, but I'm not paying so hey, go for it," he continued with a teasing wink, leaning back further with his hot chocolate in his hands, taking a sip here and there. "If I miraculously make some cash from this modelling gig, I'll take you out for a meal and pay for it myself."

"I have no problem paying you for food, you know. I think I can handle dishing out some money for someone like you, yeah?" He offered before grabbing his phone, holding it up for a picture of the other. "Hey, I'm gonna take your picture! I'll put a cute sticker over your face, okay? I just - I need to tell everyone that I was hanging out with you."

Once taking the picture, he eagerly began to type away at his phone. Adding a cute smiling heart over Xavier's face, making sure to get the waffle in the shot.

"It'll be a sneak peak to our brand new model, yeah?" He cooed before showing the other the picture, unable to stop smiling. "Doesn't this heart look cute? It fits you perfectly!"

"I-- yeah, it looks cute. I just struggle to believe you could be excited about hanging out with me. I should be bragging to the world that I'm with Dante Vilarosa right now, flirting and sharing some dessert. It's fucking mindblowing," he gushed, leaning forward with his chin rested on his closed fist, if only to examine the picture more closely.

"Mm, it's fine, I'm cool with that. I hate having my face in photos, so it's great-- but I'll have to get used to that soon, I suppose. I... want to get started as soon as possible, to be around you, but-- don't I need training or whatever? I'm awkward as hell behind a camera."

"I could... help, if you want," He suggested, winking a bit - though the other couldn't really see it. "I used to be really into photography, so I'm pretty good at that sort of thing. I would love to invite you to my apartment some time, we could work on a private photo shoot, if you want... t-that is, if it's okay with you? I could give you my number and get in touch better. Some DMs aren't as good as texting, right?"

Slowly pressing his phone over, he side-eyed the other in hopes of not seeming to pushy, but there was nothing he wanted more than to be able to call the other whenever he wanted,

"Not like I can say no, is it? I don't want to embarrass myself publicly, so if one of the more famous designers in New York is offering me some private practise, I'd be a fool to turn it down. Besides, I think we're getting on great, so I'd accept just to hang out with you some more," he admitted - not that it was a very groundbreaking admission. He'd made his thoughts and feelings about the monster very clear by now.

Typing in his number easily, adding a heart at the end of his name cheekily, he slid the phone back across to him. "Text me whenever you want, you know? Even if it's just to get something off your chest or whatever, I'll text back."

"I can warn you now that I will drunk-text you," he teased, not mentioning the little heart in the name. "I do it with Sara all the time. I can assure you that I will cry, probably calling because of one of those sad ASPCA commercials. Those are my dogs, by the way, in my picture. Though I guess you already knew that since you follow me on Instagram..."

Slipping his phone into his pocket, he ignored the quiet pings from his phone at the sudden comments on Xavier's photo, planning on posting the picture on his Twitter and Tumblr as well - name a social media, and he was on it, after all.

He would have happily chimed in with his own anecdotes about his own experiences with drunk-texting people, but the fact the other's phone continued to ping up admittedly distracted him.

While he knew that the other had helpfully concealed his identity with some cute heart shape (which was wise, given the outburst that would occur if people realised Dante was dining with a human), he still couldn't help but feel curious. There were people commenting on a picture of him - he was entitled to feel a tad intrigued by that.

"What's the general sort of comment, then?" He asked after a moment, finding the curiosity too unbearable to cope with. "I assume that's what all the pinging and bleeping is about."

"I'm nervous to check," he admitted with a laugh, clutching the phone in his pocket. "Does it matter, though? You're my up-and-coming model and that's that. I'm a millionaire while they just sit on their phones, talking shit about me. That's what I wanted to avoid but coming out seems to have ruined it," he sighed before reluctantly handing it to the other, exposing the notifications.

"... is it good? Be honest, I can handle it if it's not. They don't know if you're human or not, so probably not too bad. For all they know you could have a trunk for a nose," he insisted before returning to his nervous taps on the table.

"Probably for the best if they think I'm a monster, huh? If my parents are anything to go by, people get outraged by inter-species relationships," he mumbled while sipping at his hot chocolate, his smile growing by the second at the sight of the comments. Because nobody worked out he was human, most of the comments were gushing, complimenting Dante or wishing him luck with whoever he was out with.

Of course, there were a few bigoted remarks from jerks who failed to get their heads around Dante being a monster, but he wisely chose to ignore those.

"Nah, they're positive! Most of 'em say they want a face reveal," he snorted, peeking up over the phone in delight. "It's kinda fun to keep them guessing, huh?"

"If you aren't comfortable being seen as a human, I'm sure our makeup crew can help fix up some horns or something. I know I need to grow a thicker skin but that's just what you do when you're in charge of a company so Big. You shouldn't have to worry about people being upset that you're human, so... if you want me to dresss you up a little, at some details, I can. I think you look perfect as a human, but it's your body."

Moving to take his phone back, mostly in embarrassment at the small chance the other could decide to pull a prank and go through his phone. He had dating apps and whatnot, plus a ton of text messages both very strictly professionalism mixed in with him texting his friend about how hot he found the latest Bachelor. It was a mess, but so was he.

"Hey, I'm totally fine being as I am. I just know firsthand how people react to a human like me going on dates with monsters like you. I mean, my parents freaked out when I was younger, and when my friend saw me checking some cute naga out, he looked at me like I was disgusting, so... I dunno. It sucks that us just sitting here, enjoying some desserts, is looked down on, you know?" He sighed, letting the other take back his own phone with little argument. He could have asked why he seemed so flustered in doing so, but he didn't really want to pursue something that both could upset Dante, and ruin the chance of more days out together.

" 'Monsters like me'? Am I a certain type of monster?" He curiously murmured, a brow raising under his hair slowly. He wasn't offended in the least, just... curious. To at least convince the other of that, he offered a smile as he held his head in his hand, his sharp nails lightly tapping against his huge horns. He was just the type of monster who forced a law to raise doorways once monsters finally gained rights in the 30's.

"How do you categorize us? Is there a checklist? What am I?"

While the designer wasn't offended or maddened by the comment, Xavier was far too caught off guard by the question to recognise Dante's casual posture. In his mind, he'd dropped some horrendously rude remark and ruined the best chance he had of developing something more with the monster. He'd only really known of him for the last week, but after dedicating the whole seven days to researching and obsessing about him, he really didn't want it to end before it had begun over some simple comment.

"I didn't... god, I didn't mean that you were some specific 'type' of monster! I just... meant you were a monster and I'm a human, that's... all, I was... differentiating," he mumbled awkwardly, stirring the spoon around his hot chocolate just to give himself something to do, to avoid glancing over at the other. "Have I just fucked this up?"

"You're fine," he reassured quietly, going as far as to take the other's hand lightly while he used the other to hold his head. "Relax, okay? I mean... I assume you didn't mean it in a rude way, at least. You seem sweet, so... I'm hoping that, that isn't the case. The idea just sort of intrigued me, I guess. To be honest, a lot of my kind do tend to look down upon more 'human' monsters. They act as if, because they're more 'human' on appearance that they get more privilege and whatnot. I'm not one of those 'normal' monsters, you know? I can't stroll into a store with a hat on and blend in with everyone, so I'm not considered 'human' enough. It's actually really upsetting and confusing, the whole discourse on it on the internet," he explained casually, waving his hand dismissively as he rolled his eyes as well.

"Look, I'm really not upset. When I'm upset I cry, like... a lot. Like, a lot a lot. I've been called a baby by Sara for crying at the end of Say Yes to The Dress because I'm happy that the women found their perfect dress... despite the fact that I absolutely detest mermaid dresses and I hope the trend burns in the firey pits of Hell. That's another conversation entirely, yeah?"

"I mean, I-- god, I'm like the one human in this city who really is on the whole 'monster' side of the debate, you know? I want you guys to be equal, have equal opportunities and all of that, and-- I mean, I fancy monsters. I'm not rude or against you or-- I'm making it worse by babbling, huh? Let's just-- we can show my face, I don't have anything to hide," he decided after a moment, if only to try and steer the conversation away from his awkward, desperate ramblings.

"So, uh... Do you want me to walk you home or anything? That's what I should do, really-- and I don't mind doing that. Least I could do after you basically gave me a job most kids dream of their whole lives."

"If that's what you want to do," he replied quietly, his smile only growing from the cute display. He had never met someone so flustered over just talking to him and, sure, he was easily flustered himself over signs of affection but this was so... sweet.

"It's a bit of a walk but, hey, it's a good form of exercise, right? It's the best part of living in New York, in my opinion. Not to mention I can't drive," he laughed as he lifted his legs, showing his hoof for emphasis. "Where do you live? I'd love to walk you home some time."

"You, uh... you really don't want to walk me home. I live in a bad part of town and I live with my parents. They aren't the most... accepting of people. My Mom should be, she's really pretty chill about a lot of things, but monsters? She's not a fan, but-- hey, being a model must pay well, right? I'll get my own place eventually, and then you can start walking me home," he promised with a playful wink, leaning back against his chair. He had finished off his drink and waffles at this point, but leaving the cosiness of the dessert place wasn't something he was eager to do.

"...I guess we should go, huh? Hey, text me tomorrow and... I can get started on this whole modelling thing. Baby steps first, obviously, but sooner we start, the better."

Offering his hand to help the other up, he reluctantly tugged back on his large faux fur coat and scooped up his umbrella, not too eager to head into the rain. Saying goodbye to the waiter, leaving a hefty tip, he impatiently waited by the door for the other to follow suit. In all honesty, despite enjoying the other's company, he was rather tired for the first time in quite awhile.

"Of course I'll text you, you're fun to talk to," he replied simply as he offered the umbrella in hopes to convince the other to hold it for him. "I mean, you're the sweetest guy I've ever met, to be honest, so... I want to keep you around, to be honest. Does that sound bad? Ah..."

"The sweetest guy you've ever met? Fuck, you are a real charmer, huh?" Began Xavier in amusement, before swooping the umbrella from his hand with a charming smile of his own. It was a real boost to know that his feelings were reciprocated, at least in some way. He was completely sure that he liked Dante more than the designer liked him, after a whole week of flat-out obsessing over him, but this was at least a step in the right direction.

"But hey, I second that. You're the sweetest guy I've met, totally."