Fire Emblem: The Exalted March

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
If we're allowed to use advanced classes I'd like to bump Galric up to assassin at some point. His character fits that job description better :)

Also @Xylime I was wondering if I could say Galric worked for Adelaide or perhaps her father? I think hailing from Renais fits him the best too.
Rae is going to get along so well with Adelaide when they meet. (< sarcasm)

@Falcon
Go for it! Galric would definitely be the kind the royal family would go to in order to gather information on something. And yeah, we had so many "tough females" I just ha~d to make a character who was girly and didn't like tough girls. (she'll grow to accept them, only because a tough girl can be useful in a fight)

Reactions: - Falcon -
When will this start?

Sorry guys, works a killer and it looks like my weekend will be mostly taking place in a hospital. I've written up a draft by I can't promise anything till Sunday evening.

And advanced classes will come I to play later on in the Rp.

@Xylime speaking of relationships seeing as Adelaide knows how to ride a Pegasus he must also know Lulu's lord seeing as he reigns from Frelia where Pegasus are found. :)

@VerbalAbuse I'm bending the rules a bit allowing for more characterization so any shapeshifting classes can also serve as other base classes while still being able to transform. I think with your character plus maybe someone else's (along with my own) the shapeshifting group can start as well.

I'll stick with a base class for now, then. I'll be back later with a CS.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
Rufiya Yeah, I figured all of our Lords would know each other (or at least know of each other). I imagine Adelaide visited Frelia a few times and had some Pegasus training there (where she met Rian) and she would know of Freyja since Renais technically governs Grado. (they may have even met either through Adelaide visiting Grado or Freyja coming to Renais for some reason)

Basic Statistics

Name: Carte
Race: Taguel
Talents/Skills:
Quick Thinker
Collaborator
Swift Footed
Calm Natured
Class: Tactician

Physical Characteristics:

General Appearance: Carte is a young Raustish Taguel with the expected features like lines on his cheeks and forehead, hair extending over certain parts of his body (neck, shoulders, wrists, short tail, etc), along with his hair being curlier than most, his chin being sharper, and his nose being pointier, as opposed to the normal button nose. He always looks determined, and when he smiles, it looks like a smirk if you don't look at him head on. He wears his hair in a single, long braid down his back, his ears falling on the front of his shoulders with large rings (like Panne's) around the base, and a short plait extending from his chin in a goatee. He wears a black hooded longcoat with a green velvet interior and silver accents, such as clasps and lining. He also wears Taguel armor under the coat.

Height: 6' 3"
Weight: Aerobic
Eye Color: Taguel's Greyish-Brown
Hair Color: Taguel's Dark Brown
Skin color: Taguel's Greyish-Cream
Habits: Running After Scents, Itching with Teeth, Pulling or Massaging Ears When Stressed
Hobbies: Reading Tomes and Historical Records, Planting Carrots, Transformed Running Exercises
Greatest flaw: Accidental Transformations when carrying a Beaststone
Best quality: Swift of Mind and Body

Personality Characteristics

What is your character's general personality?
Carte is friendly and open-minded, accepting people's decisions, so long as they do not harm good people. He is an idealist, and believes that any enemy which cannot be dealt with diplomatically should be destroyed for the good of the rest of the world. "Take one life, save a thousand" is a philosophy he gathered from various historical texts. Carte is also an intellectual and an aspiring philosopher, constantly reading, thinking, planting, or exercising. He plants carrots all the time so that in a few months, any Taguel following his tracks will have a nice snack to help them on their journey - and in case he ends up doubling back for whatever reason. He knows that the winners write the history books, so he is often on the lookout for banned texts and manuscripts about past wars, to see multiple points of view and make decisions on his next move and think up an addition to his philosophy.

How does Character see himself/herself?
Carte believes he is a genius, and it doesn't help his naivety that he's able to prove it. He admits he can be wrong, but has a hard time realizing when he is, and thus needs to be talked down when he gets jabbering on about something. A good gift to give him would be a Secret Book.

How does Character believe he/she is perceived by others?
Carte is seen as a bit of a mongrel, despite his abilities. People tend to see a know-it-all with bunny ears and a tail and think he's nothing - until he proves his abilities, of course. After he proves himself, he is regarded as an asset and a protective friend.

How self-confident is the character?
Carte is naive and somewhat full of himself, but knows he isn't perfect, and that he can be wrong. He likes company, but hates the gazes he gets from people who don't know him

Does the character seem ruled by emotion or logic or some combination thereof?
Carte applies logic to emotion, and thus can have his personality seem to shift completely when new information is revealed. He tends to believe that no intelligent being is better than another - Beorcs are equal to Manaketes are equal to Laguz are equal to Taguel. The only exceptions he makes are that he believes diviners like Lady Tiki are greater beings, and that anybody who thinks another less than them simply by their race is the lesser of any.

Emotional Characteristics

Strengths/Weaknesses?
Carte is open to debate and collaboration, but he will not tolerate unacceptable decisions and making unnecessary sacrifices. He loves the company of other Tacticians for their remarkable intelligence, Swordmasters for their skill, and Lords for their experience.
Carte will often put himself down if he's feeling lousy, often as a result of accidental hypocrisies. He will always try to correct himself, but may sulk for a day or two.

What does the character want out of life?
Carte wishes to hold the greatest collection of banned books and manuscripts known to man, and have a vast range of knowledge - including the ability to name the page of a book which a quote appears in it. He wants to be able to memorize spell incantations so he will no longer require a tome to use magic, although he hypothesizes that tomes are required due to the insignias inscribed within the pages, and thus, has attempted to learn embroidery so he can stitch them on his sleeves. He has so far not done too well with fine embroidery, but he was able to place a single symbol from a Wind tome on a left handed glove, and keeps it with him to further enhance his knowledge of magic and tomes.

What would the character like to change in his/her life?
Carte wishes to solve the sad truth of oppression in the modern society, and travels around to prove himself to those who tend to look down on his kind, the Laguz, and the Manaketes. He often makes requests for audiences with royalty, but has so far only been successful in Rausten - which really doesn't help.

What motivates this character?
The quest for knowledge and the pursuit of his ideals.

Last edited:
I still think a company [2-3] of dragon 'units' would allow for a much greater range of battles, allowing for the player group to go against much larger forces without being overtaken/outgunned.

Plus it'd allow for more radical missions. Clear out a large town! Attack a fortress!
+ faster transport. or more supplies.

I think you misunderstand RougeSteeler. Though powerful, only a very select few manakete are super powerful. Also, unit manakete aren't that large. They would probably be the size of a Taguel. So three manakete wouldn't really be as helpful as you think if we are facing large numbers.

Also, manakete have VERY low birth rates, so it makes sense that there would only be one in the party.

A transformed Manakete or Taguel is only about x1.5 the height of any human or untransformed Taguel, and a Manakete is about the same or slightly more in weight, while a Taguel will probably double their weight when transforming.

• Thank You
Not 'Manakete,' I mean legitimate dragons. Not shapeshifters, since a shapeshifter dragon would be small, due to the size differences. I mean dragons. Big, usually with a head larger than a heavily armored berserker, razor sharp teeth, fire-breathing, wings, armor-like scales, that kind of thing, you know? Not a shapeshifter.

http://www.mrwallpaper.com/wallpapers/dragon-rider-1.jpg
This kind of dragon. Not a little one. This would allow you to face much larger groups. Can take a great deal of punishment, but there are some spots, the underside or wings, for example, that need protecting.

You mean like Grima, Naga, or Forseti? There's only like one or two others of their size in the entire Fire Emblem universe. Also, the draconians which Wyvern Riders ride (along with obviously being wyverns) are about twice the size of a human, only slightly bigger than a transformed Manakete.

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Yeah VerbalAbuse nailed it. I also think there is a misunderstanding about the rp itself. Fire Emblem isn't just about fighting the most amount of enemies you can. It's about plot, forming ties with your companions, and working together with your comrades to fight. It's also important to note that except for VERY rare tomes, units can only attack one enemy at a time. (A different exception is a unit with the skill gale force)

In the end, if you still want to join but have to have a dragon involved, you could be a wyvern rider. (However, you'd have to keep it the correct size that VerbalAbuse gave)

Is this rp still open for new people? Awakening is one of my favorite games and i would love to get involved in a fire emblem rp.

Yup, this is still open! Make sure to check out the first post for history, Laguz you can be, etc.

(*note the three lords and one manakete are taken. Sorry if you wanted to be one)

Awesome, was thinking of making a Mercenary actualy, and/or a dark mage.

Basic Statistics
Name:
Eligor "Gold Eyes" Varg

Race:

Branded.

Talents/Skills:
Reading the flow of battle
Reading opponents
Counting money
Swordplay
Due to his many years serving as a sellsword he has become a tough guy who can take a large number of hits.

Class:
Mercenary.

Physical Characteristics:
General Appearance:
id153164pixiv-12.jpg

Height:
6'3¨

Weight:
He has a normal body build, but quite muscular due to his time in the field and personal training.

Eye Color:
Golden eyes, thus his nickname.

Hair Color:
Blonde.

Skin color:
White.

Habits:
He likes to take a drink during breaks, he also has a bad habit of playing with a knife that he carries with him.

Hobbies:
Knife games, Counting money, Polishing his beloved sword.

Greatest flaw:
The fact that his alliance is decided by who gives the most coins.

Best quality:
How damnable honest he is.

His armour:
33a43o4.jpg

Personality Characteristics

What is your character's general personality?: He is a honest and hard worker who due to his background looks down at discrimination, for there are Laguz who have money aswell. He will often act like he is care free and that he has no problems but that is far from the truth.

How does Character see himself/herself?:
He sees himself as a sellsword, he kills for the sake of money and he dearly hopes that one day his kind wont be needed.

How does Character believe he/she is perceived by others?:
He thinks others see him as a dumb oaf who only seeks his coin and the next place to drink.

How self-confident is the character?:
He has a strong feeling of self-confidence but he also is quick to realise when caution and/or retreat is needed.

Does the character seem ruled by emotion or logic or some combination there of?:
Greed mostly, but for those who study him during battles they can often see him at the more lethal places on a battlefield, the reason for that is a secret he never tells.

Emotional Characteristics
Strengths/Weaknesses?:
As i have told his strong self-confidence and a strong will has made him seem like a emotional stable person, but his way of putting himself into danger may suggest something else.

What does the character want out of life?:
It seems like he only wants money.

What would the character like to change in his/her life?:
He seems to long for a place to fit in, but there is something stopping him from searching for such a place.

What motivates this character?:
Money and the call of battle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool. (Thanks for mini-gming xylime while I was busy hehe.)

Your character looks fine Deshwitat however, I forgot to add this to the original post but when a beorc and a laguz fraternize they are actually a new race all together.

They look like humans but have odd eye colors and have an intricate mark somewhere on their body. They live extremely long - and look young for long amounts of time. You could google Branded Fire emblem for more detail haha. ^^

Oh crap i forgot about them, errrr. Could my char be one of them or should i just make him human?

Yeah branded are totally fine~

Also @VerbalAbuse the fact that you know who Forseti is awesome. Any fire emblem player who has played FE4 is good in my books. Haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.