Fire Emblem RP

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Lilina was story-technically a lord, does that count? :P

Though yeah, by your username I'm guessing you played a number of earlier ones. I did play the ds remakes, but in Japanese, so I skipped all the story cause I can't read Japanese ;x
Then why did you bother playing them in the first place...? The story is the best bit of Fire Emblem.

Lilina was story-technically a lord, does that count? :P
I don't remember if it's game over if she dies - if so, yes. If not, I say no.
Though yeah, by your username I'm guessing you played a number of earlier ones. I did play the ds remakes, but in Japanese, so I skipped all the story cause I can't read Japanese ;x
I've played part of all the games but the first (and Fates - but that won't last long). And I played so little of the second DS remake that I think it barely counts. I admit I mostly used emulators and patches (for the Japanese exclusive releases). But I had trouble getting that one to work.

I've played part of all the games but the first (and Fates - but that won't last long). And I played so little of the second DS remake that I think it barely counts. I admit I mostly used emulators and patches (for the Japanese exclusive releases). But I had trouble getting that one to work.
Fates is amazing. Was totally worth buying a Japanese locale DS to play it early.

Fates is amazing. Was totally worth buying a Japanese locale DS to play it early.
I do hope I like it. Awakening was released when I was already losing my lustre for FE - and I wasn't overly fond of a lot of things about it.

But then, it's FE. And at least 10% of my adolescence. I'd really like to enjoy it like I did in the past.

Lilina is the daughter of Hector in FE6. She's the blue-haired mage on steroids (that MAG growth) and while she doesn't die from dying for story purposes, I think, getting her killed won't result in a game over.

@Karakui
Some people play games for the gameplay.

Lilina is the daughter of Hector in FE6. She's the blue-haired mage on steroids (that MAG growth) and while she doesn't die from dying for story purposes, I think, getting her killed won't result in a game over.
I know who she is. I've played through the game (less so than some of the others). But this was a good while ago. I just didn't remember if her death was game over. :P

Been lurking for a little while here, and I'd like to put down my interest here too! :)

I do hope I like it. Awakening was released when I was already losing my lustre for FE - and I wasn't overly fond of a lot of things about it.

But then, it's FE. And at least 10% of my adolescence. I'd really like to enjoy it like I did in the past.
I'd say Birthright at least was better than Awakening. Haven't played Conquest yet, and I'm saving the DLC one for after I finish both of the normal ones. Conquest is probably closer to the older games in that it's much more difficult and restrictive. The reason you probably didn't like Awakening was because it was made easier and simplified to achieve a bigger audience - and I think it's better they did that than finish up with a ridiculously hard game, because it was going to be the last FE game and due to Awakening's success, we get Fates, which we weren't expecting. Fates seems to be trying to rectify the situation now, in that the people who dislike the new style can play Conquest, which is more similar to the old games, while those who like the new style's accessiblity (or are just weeby for Japanese culture like I was at the time of decision :P), can play Birthright.
At the moment, Fire Emblem is slowly but surely heading to be Nintendo's flagship series, which I like.

@Kestrel Fire Emblem was always a bit mediocre on the gameplay front, imo. Sure, it was fun but I think the best part was how well they integrated the story into the combat - it wasn't just 'do fights'; the story gained from doing fights and in exchange, advancing the story increases your ability to do fights.

And his name henceforth be Soft Reset.

Also, if you make a lord prepare for a parental figure to die before halfway the story. It's tradition.

Eliwood's dad though...first one I saw.

because it was going to be the last FE game
Yep. That's one of the reasons I'm pretty lenient about a lot of the problems I have with it.
The reason you probably didn't like Awakening was because it was made easier and simplified to achieve a bigger audience
There were a lot of other reasons as well. Some of them definitely do fall to strong personal opinion. I also don't want to clutter the thread with my nitpicking. If you're truly curious I don't mind sharing elsewhere. ^^
I know. I always liked that guy. He seemed like he actually had a chance. Unlike a lot of the parental figures.

@Kestrel Fire Emblem was always a bit mediocre on the gameplay front, imo. Sure, it was fun but I think the best part was how well they integrated the story into the combat - it wasn't just 'do fights'; the story gained from doing fights and in exchange, advancing the story increases your ability to do fights.
Your opinion is irrelevant to my experience.

That actually took me by surprise too. It was a good "well fu nergal" moment that helped establish the player's desire to defeat the big bad. But then you play Hector mode and all Kishuna chapters and that's where it gets real fucked.

I know. I always liked that guy. He seemed like he actually had a chance. Unlike a lot of the parental figures.
It tripped me out, especially since it kept making it seem like he had a chance, then..nope, he's gone.

Your opinion is irrelevant to my experience.

That actually took me by surprise too. It was a good "well fu nergal" moment that helped establish the player's desire to defeat the big bad. But then you play Hector mode and all Kishuna chapters and that's where it gets real fucked.
I've never played that mode..hmm..though, I've never finished the game..I'm assuming it's available afterwards.

One of the best FE storylines that was released outside Japan

on another note What should we put in for a Lord Lineage, parents obviously, siblings and what impact the family had on the land etc.?

Last edited by a moderator:
QQ i wonder if i'm a sucker because i love every fire emblem game i've played...

Also, i have a solid dice roller if anyone's interested, i know we're not using one religiously here, but, i dusted off one of mine just because i wanted to be weird.

Also, i have a solid dice roller if anyone's interested, i know we're not using one religiously here, but, i dusted off one of mine just because i wanted to be weird.
Which is it? I have a roleplay planned for a future time which is going to involve at least light dice rolls. Always looking to test various types.

Also @New Years Falcon
How is religion in the world? Is it relevant at all? Are we just not going to involve it?

Dice Roller • Orokos.com

if you make a log in it'll track your rolls so you can post them for others to see the results, kinda like "you know I'm not BSing" kinda site which's why I like it.

I've loved em all too, I just love FE7 the best (one known as just Fire Emblem)