Falcon

Adventure Finder
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
Online Availability
I have a shifting work schedule, so My online times will be random.
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Prestige
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. No Preferences
Genres
Fantasy, scifi, futuristic modern, fantasy modern, Action/adventure, Mystery, Fan-based,
The OOC Thread!

So for some time I've been toying with the idea of hosting a Fire emblem RP and I wanted to see if anyone would be interested.

I think I've figured out how to work the mechanics to include promotions, experience gain, weapons triangles, class balances etc. and I do have a basic plot idea as well as the beginnings of the world I intend to use, though I am certainly open to outside ideas, but I wanted to be sure there was some interest before I put too much work in.

So how about it? Anyone up for a Fire Emblem RP?

Link to story world and premise

Unit Classes available

Last edited:
Possibly, depending on the universe and mechanics you plan to use.

Interested. Don't know how my schedule will pan out yet. I'll keep an eye on this.

Potentially interested, on certain conditions

- What classes will be available?
- Will the RP use the Personal Skill system found in Fates?
- Are the mechanics more similar to the easy, simple version from the 3DS games, or the older, harder one that didn't make much sense from the gameboy?

@Kestrel @Leif @Karakui
Thanks for the interest.

To answer your questions
  1. I'm planning on making all classes and promotions available. I'd like everyone to start in a base class, rack up points, and then get promoted anytime they choose after a certain level. Though I may limit the number of characters belonging to a particular class so we get a balanced mix.

2. I am unfamiliar with Fates. if it's a system that works well feel free to tell me about it so we can figure out if it'll work ^_^

3. To me both games seemed vary similar aside from things only the 3ds could do. Since this will be forum based some hings will have to be adapted. Again I'm open to ideas if some one thinks of something that will work really well.
    • I'd like things to go in turns with the idea that a turn is over one everyone playing has posted for each active character. Ideally (because everyone has various schedules) I'd like to give everyone a week to make those posts. To avoid getting hung up on waiting for one person I'm going to assign a deadline for a turn to end and if a person misses 3 their characters will be written out of the game. I'm hoping this will also allow new people to join easier.

• When I have time (probably Saturday) I'll write up how the point system/promotions will work. At the moment I'm thinking everyone starts with an amount of point to distribute through their characters skill sets and they earn points to add on as the game going on. It does need some fine tuning, and I am definitely open to suggestions.

4. I haven't officially decided on a universe. My original plan was to make up one of my own. But if everyone wants to use an existing universe from one of the games that's fine by me. Plot wise I'd like to start with a basic story that can evolved based on the other ideas people may want to bring in. To start I'm thinking there's a world fair or some type of summit and the various leaders are using it as an opportunity to meet and discus various treaties. Of course something goes wrong. I'm thinking one of the leaders goes missing or never makes it to the summit because of something the villain did. Again I'm hoping other people will want to add to and expand on the plot with me. So that's just the start.

Any other questions or ideas please ask ^_^
I'll have a more detailed plan to share by Saturday

• I am unfamiliar with Fates. if it's a system that works well feel free to tell me about it so we can figure out if it'll work ^_^
  • To me both games seemed vary similar aside from things only the 3ds could do.

Ah, so mechanics will be based on Awakening then? I am asking because, you mentioned all classes being available. Having played quite a bit of Fire Emblem, which is a series spanning 14 games (12 when excluding remakes) and classes and mechanics get switched around quite a bit across games. Generals for example, in FE: Shadow Dragon, wield lances and bows. Meanwhile in Binding Blade, Blazing Sword and Awakening, they wield lances and axes, whereas Sacred Stones gives them access to the entire weapon triangle by adding swords to the mix. And I don't want to talk about Radiant Dawn's convoluted third tier system ._. Then there is a weapon triangle present for magic in the GBA and GC Fire Emblems, that hasn't been in Awakening. The GBA series even had dedicated classes for different magic types, whereas the GC ones just gave sages 3 different weapon ranks.

tl;dr Am I right toassume we're going with Awakening's conventions class-wise?

I know a thing or two about Fates, but given it's further inconsistencies with Awakening (thieves in Fates wield bows) I think it's best to keep the scope more focused. If you're interested in horribly spoiling yourself like a chump (AKA yours sincerely) Serenes Forest has possibly the best and most organised database on all of FE on the internet.

That should answer most basic things for now, though. I'll be looking forwards to Saturday.

• Thank You
Reactions: Falcon
@Kestrel @Leif @Karakui
Thanks for the interest.

To answer your questions
  1. I'm planning on making all classes and promotions available. I'd like everyone to start in a base class, rack up points, and then get promoted anytime they choose after a certain level. Though I may limit the number of characters belonging to a particular class so we get a balanced mix.

2. I am unfamiliar with Fates. if it's a system that works well feel free to tell me about it so we can figure out if it'll work ^_^

3. To me both games seemed vary similar aside from things only the 3ds could do. Since this will be forum based some hings will have to be adapted. Again I'm open to ideas if some one thinks of something that will work really well.
    • I'd like things to go in turns with the idea that a turn is over one everyone playing has posted for each active character. Ideally (because everyone has various schedules) I'd like to give everyone a week to make those posts. To avoid getting hung up on waiting for one person I'm going to assign a deadline for a turn to end and if a person misses 3 their characters will be written out of the game. I'm hoping this will also allow new people to join easier.

• When I have time (probably Saturday) I'll write up how the point system/promotions will work. At the moment I'm thinking everyone starts with an amount of point to distribute through their characters skill sets and they earn points to add on as the game going on. It does need some fine tuning, and I am definitely open to suggestions.

4. I haven't officially decided on a universe. My original plan was to make up one of my own. But if everyone wants to use an existing universe from one of the games that's fine by me. Plot wise I'd like to start with a basic story that can evolved based on the other ideas people may want to bring in. To start I'm thinking there's a world fair or some type of summit and the various leaders are using it as an opportunity to meet and discus various treaties. Of course something goes wrong. I'm thinking one of the leaders goes missing or never makes it to the summit because of something the villain did. Again I'm hoping other people will want to add to and expand on the plot with me. So that's just the start.

Any other questions or ideas please ask ^_^
I'll have a more detailed plan to share by Saturday
Fates' system is very similar to Awakened's (although it introduces Phoenix mode so you can do well as even more of a noob - your characters all revive one turn after they die XD) Main differences:

- Magic and Hidden Weapons (ninja-y stuff, varies) are added to the weapon triangle, as are bows, making it as follows: Sword and Magic > Axe and Bow > Lance and Hidden Weapons > Sword and Magic.
- Paired Stances - Similar to Dual Guard / Dual Strike, except 100% success chance in the right stance. A paired unit in Attack stance will always attack; a paired unit in Guard Stance will always block (only works on the attack of a paired unit). A Guard stance pair won't dual strike.

- The best one - Personal Skills: Each character now has 6 skill slots, however, the first skill slot is sealed and is always the same skill. This skill is unique to the character, but usually relatively weak and requires some strategy to use well. Otherwise, it's just a normal skill, but it won't be a class-obtainable skill, though a couple of personal skills used to be class skills in Awakening, that were changed for Fates, eg one character who has that ability to get a bullion from defeating an enemy, that used to be a mercenary skill.
- The even better one - new classes: Kitsune, primarily, but stuff like White Blood / Black Blood, Singer etc too.

• Thank You
Reactions: Falcon
Sorry this took so long to put together
@Kestrel @Leif @Karakui @Dubs of Stigma

Okay so not exactly awakening classes as I like the older games' systems for having certain magic classes that specialize in certain types of magic rather that most magic classes being able to use all.

This is the class and promotion system I'm currently thinking of. Please let me know if I've missed or forgotten something or there's something you think should be changed.

blue There will be cross weapon/magic classes but for organisational purposes I've listed them by the dominance of the base class. I have also organised by promotional tier. Players will start with their character at level two or lower.

FEsword.gif
- Sword
FElance.gif
- Lance
FEaxe.gif
- Axe
FEbow.gif
- Bow
FEstaff.gif
- Staff
FE-light.gif
- Light Magic
FEdark.gif
- Dark Magic
FEanima.gif
- Anima Magic

Lords

Tier 2 > Tier 3

Lord
[spoili]
A member of the ruling family.

Lords may start out using ONE of the following:

FEsword.gif
FElance.gif
FEaxe.gif
FEbow.gif

FEstaff.gif
FE-light.gif
FEdark.gif
FEanima.gif
[/spoili]

Great Lord
[spoili]
A promoted member of a ruling family.

Use their starting weapon + one other[/spoili]
Weapons Based Class

Tier 1   Tier 2   Tier 3

Cavalier

[spoili]
Beast Unit
Mount: Horse

FEsword.gif
FElance.gif
[/spoili]

>

>

Paladin

[spoili]
Beast Unit

FEsword.gif
FElance.gif
[/spoili]

Recruit
[spoili]
Armor Unit

FElance.gif

[/spoili]

>

>

Great Knight

[spoili]
Beast Unit[/spoili]
[spoili]

FEsword.gif
FElance.gif
FEaxe.gif

[/spoili]

Knight

[spoili]
Armor Unit[/spoili]
[spoili]
FElance.gif

[/spoili]

>

>

General

[spoili]
Armor Unit[/spoili]
[spoili]

FElance.gif
FEaxe.gif

[/spoili]

Myrmidon
[spoili]
May have a special blade

FEsword.gif

[/spoili]

>

>

Sword Master
[spoili]
May have a special blade

FEsword.gif

[/spoili]

Assassin
[spoili]
Can Lock-pick

FEsword.gif
FEbow.gif

[/spoili]

Thief
[spoili]
Can Lock-pick
FEsword.gif

[/spoili]

>

>

Trickster
[spoili]
Can Lock-pick

FEsword.gif
FEstaff.gif

[/spoili]

>

>

>

Pirate
[spoili]
Sailor[/spoili]
[spoili]

FEaxe.gif

[/spoili]
>

Berserker
[spoili]
FEaxe.gif

Male Only
[/spoili]

Journeyman
[spoili][/spoili]
[spoili]
FEaxe.gif

[/spoili]

Barbarian
[spoili]
FEaxe.gif

Male Only
[/spoili]

>

>

Warrior
[spoili]
FEaxe.gif
FEbow.gif

[/spoili]

Fighter
[spoili]
FEaxe.gif

[/spoili]

>

>

Hero
[spoili]
FEsword.gif
FEaxe.gif

[/spoili]

Mercenary
[spoili]
fights for money

FEsword.gif

[/spoili]

>

>

Bow knight
[spoili]
Beast unit

FEsword.gif
FEbow.gif

[/spoili]

Archer
[spoili]

FEbow.gif

[/spoili]

>

>

Sniper
[spoili]
May use longbow, towering bow, and double bow
FEbow.gif

[/spoili]

Pegasus Knight
[spoili]
Beast Unit
Mount: Pegasus
FElance.gif

[/spoili]

>

>

Falcon Knight
[spoili]
Beast Unit
FElance.gif
FEstaff.gif

[/spoili]

Dark Flier
[spoili]
Beast Unit
FElance.gif
FEdark.gif

[/spoili]

Wyvern Rider
[spoili]
Beast Unit
Mount: Wyvern

FEaxe.gif

[/spoili]

>

>

Wyvern Lord
[spoili]
Beast Unit
Mount: Wyvern

FElance.gif
FEaxe.gif

[/spoili]

Griffon Rider
[spoili]
Beast Unit
Mount: Griffon

FEaxe.gif

[/spoili]
Magic Based Class

Tier 1   Tier 2   Tier 3

Shaman

[spoili]
FEdark.gif

[/spoili]

>

>

Summoner
[spoili]
Can summon spirit decoys
FEdark.gif
FEanima.gif

[/spoili]

Druid
[spoili]
FEdark.gif
FEstaff.gif

[/spoili]

>

>

>

Dark Mage
[spoili]
FEdark.gif

[/spoili]

>

>

Sorcerer
[spoili]
FEanima.gif
FEdark.gif
FEstaff.gif

[/spoili]

Dark Knight
[spoili]
Beast unit

FEdark.gif
FEsword.gif

[/spoili]

Pupal
[spoili]
A magic Student
FEanima.gif

[/spoili]

Mage
[spoili]
FEanima.gif

[/spoili]

>

>

Sage / Bishop
[spoili]
FEanima.gif
FEstaff.gif

[/spoili]

Monk / Cleric
[spoili]
FE-light.gif
or
FEstaff.gif

[/spoili]

>

>

War Monk / War Cleric
[spoili]
FEstaff.gif
FE-light.gif
FEaxe.gif

[/spoili]

Troubadour
[spoili]
Beast unit
FEstaff.gif

Female Only
[/spoili]

>

>

Valkyrie
[spoili]
Beast unit
FEanima.gif
FEstaff.gif

Female Only
[/spoili]
Non-Promote-able Class and Second Seal Info

Tier 2  
Dancer
adds a bonus to a unit
FEsword.gif

Requires Second-Seal
AKA
Another character(s) may train them in the desired weapon and/or mount

Applies to any unit wishing to trade classes outside of promotional chart. May trade across current tier or lower.
Manakate
Uses Dragon stone
Taguel
uses beast stone

I also like the idea of letting Characters keep any weapons/magic they may have known before trading/promoting classes when applicable.

And if gaining a new mount I'd like to see that played out in game e.g. buying a horse or taming a Griffon etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: Karakui
Yeah, I never really got why characters would forget how to use a certain kind of weapon when they learned how to use another (besides balance, that is).

Good job with that table, must have taken forever :P

Things:

- Isn't Dark Knight a beast unit? I think you forgot to put that in.

- So are we not having any Fates classes? A shame, some of those are really cool - kitsune, werewolves, X-bloods... Though, besides slight ability changes, kitsune and werewolves can be considered taguel in that they use beaststones, and -Bloods can be considered Manakete except they can also use swords.

- Not entirely sure what you mean by the second seal stuff, in an RP sense.
Requires Second-Seal
AKA
Another character(s) may train them in the desired weapon and/or mount

Applies to any unit wishing to trade classes outside of promotional chart. May trade across current tier or lower.
Would this mean that in order for a character to become a Manakete, they would need to use a second seal from another class (since the second seal info is right next to the manakete/taguel stuff), or does it mean that a player starting as a manekete could use a second seal to train to use another weapon but remain a manakete?

Assassins wield bows and tricksters staves. Pegasi aren't gender-locked. I approve :D

Few questions, though.

• Traditionally, great knights have both beast- and armour weaknesses, whereas fliers have a weakness to bows and wyverns lack the beast weakness in exchange for a wyvern weakness. Have you changed this for simplicity/accessibility or is there another (lore?) reason for this?
  • Do bandits, sailors and berserkers have advanced traversal abilities like in the games?
  • Do Berserkers get to wield special weapons like Swordmasters and Snipers?
  • The dark mage promotion tree confuses me a little. Can they only promote to sorcerer, or can they branch off into druid or Dark Knight?
  • Also, what do druids have over sorcerers?
  • You mentioned you wanted to keep access to learned weapons when swapping classes. When a pupil can promote to the dark mage, does that mean they keep anima magic?
  • Monks/clerics can promote to Warmonks/clerics, but wield different weapon classes. Do they gain access to all three in their promoted class, or do they just gain the axe? I think it's the former, I just want to confirm instead of assume.
  • How would a second seal mechanic work? For example, could I go Great Knight > Sniper > Sorcerer > War Monk and then wield every single weapon class as the beastliest of generals? Or is class changing more limited? (like, being stuck to a certain tree or number of class changes)
  • How do you plan on implementing lords? As a regular old character class, or will they have special story significance?
  • Would great lords be able to become mounted units? In FE7 and FE8 there are lords that promote to mounted units. If so, would these units be limited to horses?
  • This is more a suggestion than a question, but considering the current distribution of magic types amongst classes, would it be an idea to give valkyries light magic instead of anima?

Also FYI I'm probably going to steal your formatting somewhere in the future.

Last edited:
- Isn't Dark Knight a beast unit? I think you forgot to put that in

Yep I will fix that shortly

- So are we not having any Fates classes? A shame, some of those are really cool - kitsune, werewolves, X-bloods... Though, besides slight ability changes, kitsune and werewolves can be considered taguel in that they use beaststones, and -Bloods can be considered Manakete except they can also use swords.

As i have never played fates (I will probably be waiting for the English release of the special edition) i think it will be best to leave that out. However, if enough people want the cat or wolf or whatever they were classes i'll consider adding them later.

Would this mean that in order for a character to become a Manakete, they would need to use a second seal from another class (since the second seal info is right next to the manakete/taguel stuff), or does it mean that a player starting as a manekete could use a second seal to train to use another weapon but remain a manakete?

How would a second seal mechanic work? For example, could I go Great Knight > Sniper > Sorcerer > War Monk and then wield every single weapon class as the beastliest of generals? Or is class changing more limited? (like, being stuck to a certain tree or number of class changes)

Manakete and Taguel ares races not classes exactly. They have the special abilities of their race. Similar to how Nowi could become another class via the second seal players choosing to be a manakete or taguel can also have another class, e.g. archer.
Since this is a RP and not a game the seal will instead take place with training instead of an object. Theoretically a character can then change to any class provided they first have found someone to train them, have learned the skills and have had time in the rp to learn them well.

Traditionally, great knights have both beast- and armour weaknesses, whereas fliers have a weakness to bows and wyverns lack the beast weakness in exchange for a wyvern weakness. Have you changed this for simplicity/accessibility or is there another (lore?) reason for this?

I didn't mean to change that at all, there must have been something I forgot to add to the chart, I ended up simplifying for my own sanity when I realized how much code it was taking. Go with the traditional

Do bandits, sailors and berserkers have advanced traversal abilities like in the games?
because it's an RP i going to say that each class probably has specific skills, however some things I'd like to leave up to the players. Though it would make sense for a sailor to know lakes and rivers better than anyone else, or barbarian's to know their homeland etc.
Do Berserkers get to wield special weapons like Swordmasters and Snipers?
Sure ^_^

• The dark mage promotion tree confuses me a little. Can they only promote to sorcerer, or can they branch off into druid or Dark Knight?
  • Also, what do druids have over sorcerers?

Dark mage promotes to Sorcerer or Dark knight. And Druids have the ability to promote to Summoner. I also imagined someone would want to have fun with the cultural side of that class

• You mentioned you wanted to keep access to learned weapons when swapping classes. When a pupil can promote to the dark mage, does that mean they keep anima magic?
  • Monks/clerics can promote to Warmonks/clerics, but wield different weapon classes. Do they gain access to all three in their promoted class, or do they just gain the axe? I think it's the former, I just want to confirm instead of assume.
yes, you keep any skills you learned in a prior class, That's all magic and all weapons . (I made the chart based on what you'd have if you started in that class)

How do you plan on implementing lords? As a regular old character class, or will they have special story significance?
Story wise I'd like the lords to be the leaders, or family of the leaders, of the various lands in the world. Other than that it's up to the players

Would great lords be able to become mounted units? In FE7 and FE8 there are lords that promote to mounted units. If so, would these units be limited to horses?
I'm going to say yes, and that if the player can give a good reason for another type of mount (as in makes sense to the story) I'll allow it

This is more a suggestion than a question, but considering the current distribution of magic types amongst classes, would it be an idea to give valkyries light magic instead of anima?
I went with the traditional Anima magic on that one since I pulled that class magic from the first Fire Emblem game I ever played

Let me know if I missed any questions ^_^

Cheers for answering all these questions. I'm sorry for the bombardment, but I'm kind of a huge FE-nerd >.>

Since this is a RP and not a game the seal will instead take place with training instead of an object. Theoretically a character can then change to any class provided they first have found someone to train them, have learned the skills and have had time in the rp to learn them well.
I see. Does this also apply to promoted classes (ie cavalier to paladin,) does a character needa trainer, a special story event, or can that be achieved without outside help?

I went with the traditional Anima magic on that one since I pulled that class magic from the first Fire Emblem game I ever played
That's cool, I just thought that because only monks and war monks/clerics had light magic it'd be an idea to spread it out a little. Then again, only FE8 had light magic on valkyrie, it's been exclusive to the monk-line outside of that. Either way is fine though, I didn't exactly plan to play a troubadour anyway ;p

Oh and one more thing I just through of, one of the defining elements of Fire Emblem is the support mechanic. Are we going to find some way to implement benefits to characters becoming friends, lovers or rivals? That'd be really cool.

Speaking of classes, @New Years Falcon @Leif @Karakui @Dubs of Stigma Do you guys have anything you're thinking about yet? Personally I'm thinking mercenary (Ogma archetype = best archetype) or an axe-wielder. I wouldn't mind making a lord either, if those are needed.

Also, looking forward to seeing the more story-related elements come to life. If you need any help plotting or brainstorming, let me know.

I was planning on making a Kitsune / Nohr Nobility character, but since that's off the table, I'm not really sure. Manakete, probably. Cos Manakete are OP af; massive defense and massive offense. So broken, especially with handing down skills - My Nah on Awakening was an awesome tank that also came with Sol :D

Last edited:
One run, my Kellam!Nah basically had this for a theme song. She did lack Sol, but renewal combined with her def growth/mod did the job.

Training Nowi on Lunatic was utter shit, though. So I only used Nah on normal and hard runs.

Oh and one more thing I just through of, one of the defining elements of Fire Emblem is the support mechanic. Are we going to find some way to implement benefits to characters becoming friends, lovers or rivals? That'd be really cool.

8D I was hoping that would happen naturally since this is an RP. Yes, I expect any characters that interact regularly to develop some sort of relationship, help each other, challenge each other, protect each other, scold each other etc.

As for promotions, I'm still debating the best way to do that. Game wise promotions are experience based (meaning you can't promote with out being lvl 10 or higher) so I was toying with the ideas of having a skill experience sheet that players add points to after each battle/enemy defeat but I'm not sure how to decide how many points things are worth so maybe it would be better to skip that and just say promotions will be available at player choice after a certain chapter.

I would like to have some sort or medal or recognition ceremony/gift thing by a lord in the RP as an acknowledgement of promotions. For example if a Thief becomes and assassin the lord might come thank them for their help and say something like their skills were so advanced they were better suited to an assassin. Or when A knight becomes a general the Lord might present them with a promotion certificate and give a small speech about how they've upheld all their duties etc.

As for starting classes, usually when I run an RP I take the role of a narrator, but depending on how many people we have and what characters they want to play I may have one in the beginning, possibly a thief. Later on I was planning on playing the Lord they needed to save.

So what exactly happens with Manaketes in this RP? Since their dragon form is a species ability rather than a class (story-wise), how reclassing work? If for example, I had a Manakete learn to use Anima magic from a Mage (essentially re-classing to Mage), would the Manakete keep the ability to use dragonstones? Given weapon use is going to be preserved for other classes, I'm assuming this is the case.

Also, what about Skills?

As long as they have their beaststone a manakete will always have the ability to transform

As for skills, I'm not entirely sure what you're asking?

As long as they have their beaststone a manakete will always have the ability to transform

As for skills, I'm not entirely sure what you're asking?
As in, do you intend to use the Skill System? You know, how if you get X-Class to Level-Y it'll learn Skill-Z

I honestly hadn't thought about that.

The trouble is figuring out how it would work in an RP setting.