Fire Emblem Fates - The Ocean's Silent Waves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Despite the goggles in Klaus' mask slowly building up with the fog of his own breath, and the ceaseless chiming of blades and tomes, the doctor could feel himself being whisked away by some primeval instinct taking hold. A samurai had made an attempt on his life. But while Klaus was expecting the sweet relief of death to be upon him, fate had other things in store. Another figure emerged from seemingly nowhere, but unlike every other living creature on the battlefield, this person actively tried to save his life. Processing the very idea was a challenge. The man who had saved Klaus' life without a second thought was unique, to say the least. He neither wore the dark, brooding armor style of Nohr or the presumptuous style of the Hoshidians. And by the looks of it, this stranger had caused plenty of woe to both sides.

A blue-haired girl approached the man without haste. She reminded the troubadour of the girl from the village weeks ago, yet it was apparent that these were two very different people. Klaus had only now seen that the man was injured, gravely so, from the ambushing samurai. Yet while the doctor was mounting his horse, ready to leave this man to the inevitable, the girl started to sing. Suddenly the turmoil of battle was drowned out in a melancholic tune. Nothing beneath a god could sing with that kind of power. The troubadour was compelled to approach them more closely, if only because his conscious would torment him otherwise, as no true scholar should be without any knowledge. Lord Leo would not be pleased regardless. "I am unscathed, stranger. You have saved my life, and now I am keen to return the favor," Klaus reached over his staff to Audric's wound. It was a ghastly sight. He debated internally on if a simple healing spell would be enough, once the battle was over, in regards to treatment. "I see that you are without allegiance. Where do you hail from, and what is your name?" a hoarse voice trickled from the doctor's mask, both firm and ominous.

"My-My name is Audric. I represent my own wishes not my nation but I hail from the country of Nestra I'm a nobleman. M-my reasons for coming are my own. I have had nothing but respect for Nohr and Hoshido since I was a babe. I wanted to stop this war from happening. I failed...now failing that I throw my lot in with the Prince Corrin. I just want both sides to stop fighting even if I have to use force." Audric said as he looked around and glance as he was about to be hit by a Nohrian soldier as suddenly a boy with green hair and a lance came charging in and gutted the soldier right then and there. Strangely enough it was anothr Nohrian! "What the hell you waiting for doc!? Heal that guy!" the boy said with a hint of a country accent as Audric grunted in pain. "Why? Why did you just defend me?" Audric asked as the boy turned around and smiled at him. "Name's Milow my liege. I'm heard what you just said. Anyone with a heart like yours doesn't deserve to die. Besides I don't fancy being a part of this army anyways." Milow said as he motioned over to the troubadour. "Besides he saved your butt too! No guy just does that on his own will. Now go on healers heal people don't they? Then get it done!" Milow said quickly as he blocked a nearby shot from another soldier who shouted traitor as Audric ran up and slew the man with his axe but doing so forced him to nearly drop onto the ground completely. Audric growled in pain but pulled out the arrow stuck in his chest and threw it to the ground. "Look I'm fine if you don't want to betray Nohr just because a princeling said so. But I saved your life didn't I? Surely that's worth healing my wounds." Audric said in pain as he felt his life force eek out of his body slowly.

"Aye," Klaus nodded as, at last, he channeled the staff's healing power into Audric's wound. Somehow this boy had dragged Nestra into a conflict that would undoubtedly become a war of attrition. Alas, the noble's intentions were pure. So pure, in fact, that the doctor couldn't help but admire the futility of it. "Remember well that I am no traitor to Nohr. I am forever loyal to my kingdom, however..." Dr. Rathenau lifted his staff over Audric's head. "I do not fear you. I seek release from my enslavement to Garon, the murderer of my family and countless other families. So long as Nestra favors not Hoshido, you may consider me at your service," Klaus performed a mock bow to the foreign lord. This was a prime chance at revenge. It was a strange thing for him to offer, but the doctor eagerly waited for the day when Xander would inherit the throne, but that day never came. Nohr was slowly losing its glory under a bloodthirsty tyrant. Klaus' blood boiled with passion, both for his country and for retribution.

Audric felt the enrgy surge through his body purifying him and healing his wounds like cold water over a burn. It felt good and it felt pure despite the ill looking doctor's words. He couldn't help but feel bad for the two Nohrians who stood at his side. Milow the villager who sought to defend a man like him and the odd doctor who healed his wounds. "Thank you doctor." Audric stated as he breathed in deeply and stood up the young man's determination as strong as ever as he looked around him and saw a lull in the fighting as he looked over he saw that Prince Corrin had defeated the Wyvern commander from Nohr and his maid had made short work of the comrades in arms nearby only for him to be attacked by Hoshidans. Xander's voice rang out in anger, "Corrin! WHY? What are you doing!?" roared Xander in outrage but Corrin ignored it as Azura sang her song to the maid restoring her to battle alongside Corrin. It was a wondrous sight seeing Corrin weave his custom sword around. Audric wondered if it was another holy relic. "I-I stand for no one good doctor. Hoshido, Nohr, and Nestra...I have ties to each in my own way. But I represent no one but myself. The Lords of Nestra can feign ignorance at this because they are ignorant of it. I do this of my own will my own violation. I have no orders only a desire: peace. I don't want to waste lives. Life is too precious to be wasted in ignorant war and vile pillaging. That man over there, that Prince of Nohr and Hoshido, Corrin says that the way to peace is to stop the fighting. I believe in him though I'd do this without him. But...I believe he's the key too all of this." Audric stated as he stared wide eyed in surprise at the man's faulty request. He was unsure of it. Who was he to accept this doctor's faith? He was a lone warrior who had strayed into a war zone because of his ideals. His faith that things could be better like his mother told him it could be. "I....I accept your swear of loyalty. Though I must warn you my path will cause us to war with both Hoshido and Nohr. If you seek retribution you may find it on my path but I won't promise it. If you want to be free of the mighty Lord Garon's words and chains...then you may stay at my side. You're welcome in my house good doctor. If you feel you must leave then do so I won't hold it against you if you do but I gratefully accept this aid. Now Milow with me my friend! We need to take the fight to Hoshido. Nohr is going to be reeling from the loss of their commanders if we force Hoshido back Ryoma will retreat." Audric said as he stalwart and defiantly positioned himself and raised his axe Daywalker into the sky as it gleamed like a shining diamond despite the gore. "Well if we're all pledging loyalty and stuff I hope you don't mind if I take you up on that! I've got a family back home but no one's going to remember a farm boy. Besides if this is the right thing to do like you say sir then I believe in you. You got a good look about you. I'm going to trust you I just hope I don't regret it." Milow said with a smile as he raised his spear in the air and Audric roared charging forward towards the bridge where Leo was trying to rally the troops Takumi retreating on Ryoma's command to stop the remnants of the wyvern riders from getting away.

Last edited:
"Milord, so long as a blade runs through Garon's sniveling throat by the end of this petty war, danger is meaningless to me. They call me Klaus Rathenau, The Physician from Hell. That name is one that I've struggled endlessly to keep," the doctor's gaze redirected itself from Audric, and focused on a stray lightning bolt that ruptured the heavens. It came from a Nohrian mage that was felled from atop his horse by a Hoshidan lance. Klaus returned his attention to his new liege. "I will regroup with you soon. I cannot be of any use to your cause if Leo and Xander find new ways to detach my head from my body," and swiftly he sank back into the Nohrian lines. Aside from the severity of treason, Klaus was still bound to his fellow countrymen. Their plights were his, as well as their aspirations for victory, and eventually... peace. And like a true Nohrian, peace is to be found by any means necessary.

Taeko winced at the sound of the horn, the loud noise was terribly stressful, but such was the inevitability of battle. She exhaled heavily, trying to push her anxiousness out with her breath. "Okay." she clenched her fists, ready to show her allies what she could do.

She wasn't the most useful with human weapons, but she retrieved her beaststone from within the folds of her kimono, pressed tightly to her chest. She let herself feel the metamorphosing powers through her body and transformed into her true self. Quadrupedal and imposing, the large fox stood heads taller than her allies, covered in soft copper fur with sharp red, matted tufts from her elbows and tail puffing out- they almost resembled spikes. She shook herself out, her fur feeling like it needed a good brushing. She would take care of it outside of battle, however. With that, the young kitsune bounded into the opposing team with gusto, if a little fearful.

Taeko was well taught in Hoshidan customs and temperament, and sought only to impair her enemies and less to kill them, though she decided she would if she had to. She raced through the field, breaking lances in her maw and femurs with her large clawed paws. She came upon a large grouping of Nohrian solders on foot, and realizing she could not leap into them as she was, decided to use a technique from the Hamlet. She got a running start and rolled herself almost like a wheel through them and knocked them down like bowling pins; she let out a victorious yip.

She hurried her way through the army, disarming as many as she could so the Hoshidans could approach with ease when she smelled a strange scent that made her already fluffy tail bristle. The scent of another animal, large as herself, mixed with blood and saliva. She cocked her head and scoured the land, not seeing anything amiss, though her distracting lead to too perfect an opening for a Nohrian, and they landed a grazing cut against her large but thin foreleg. She hissed at the sting and leapt back, swinging a paw to knock the sword from the hand that dealt her the damage. She was about to drop down to break their legs, when she found herself blocked by an arm larger and thicker than her own torso. She hopped back a few feet to observe the large creature she first thought to be some sort of gorilla, but recognized to be far closer to her own canine genes. It spoke to her, in a gruff voice, as it positioned itself to seem imposing. She did the same, puffing all of her fur up. She took a moment to consider the question, and earnestly replied. "A soldier of Hoshido and ally to prince Ryouma himself- I could pose you the same question." She hesitantly sniffed the air.

After hearing that Taeko was indeed allied with Hoshido Poplin took a more defensive stance, though did not show any signs of aggression. Truthfully, she wasn't quite sure what to make of Taeko. She felt that there was a camaraderie, however small, between the two canines and yet they must oppose each other. "I am Poplin, from Mt. Garou. I have made a deal with Nohr, so I fight with them to ensure a swift end to the war." She spoke calmly, but firm. After she spoke she let out a low warning growl, hesitant to fight another beast. Surely this fox has also been wronged by man, as the Wolfskin people have? Mankind seems to care very little for those they share the earth with. Why, many of the Nohrian forces still distrust her greatly, thinking she would turn and eat them at any moment. Even the soldiers she had protected fled at the sound of her growling.

Or did they? Her ears twitched as she caught the sound of the commotion at the bridge. Leo was attempting to rally the troops. Poplin wasn't about to give them the benefit of the doubt that they went to join him, but she ought to have a bit more faith in her allies. She glanced quickly towards the bridge then back to Taeko before taking a step back towards the bridge. "Different beasts we may be, I do not wish to harm kin over the matters of man." Poplin paused and sniffed the air once more for good measure. "I am needed elsewhere." She then turned around and bounded towards the bridge. She considered the fact that Taeko may follow her, but Poplin was confident the other wouldn't strike.

"I don't wish harm on Garon even though I heard of his misdeeds hopefully Klaus will understand." Audric said to no one as he and Milow rushed towards the bridge as Audric grabbed another handaxe from the ground and chucked it smashing the back of a knight guarding the front. The Nohrians turned around and shouted a battle cry as they rushed to meet Audric. The Hoshidans were now being engaged by Lord Corrin and his allies as the enemy force began to target him instead. Audric himself had given up on trying to reason with the Nohrians by now. It was clear no one was interested in some random stranger's words. Especially when he had slain their comrades. A ninja appeared out of nowhere catching Audric off guard the ninja used a knife to jab at Audric but Milow quickly shoved Audric out of the way and Audric recovered and countered the ninja killing him instantly. "I gotcha sir!' Milow said with a grin as suddenly a cavalier from Nohr charged them. However just in time a man in black armor jumped into the way of the enemies and cleaned slew the cavalier. "Lord Audric it is a pleasure." the man said as he looked at the young lord and his ally. "My lord do you know this guy!?" Milow asked as he rushed into defense of his new lordling but Audric was confused. "Who are you and what do you want?" Audric asked of the man who appeared to be a samurai up closer. "Hmm...My name is Saito and I am one of Ryoma's advisers. I know you but it seems you don't know me. I've heard of your tales Audric, a noble who fights against the banditry of the land for his people, and I'd like to assist you in this battle. I am not betraying Hoshido and I will not turn my blade upon my own men but it is clear that you and Corrin don't share a love for battle. If I can put a stop to this blood shed with my sword consider me your steadfast ally." commented Saito as he quickly dispatched a Nohrian soldier with another slash of his blade Audric following up on his own opponent who had charged him and knocking him down into the creek. "I'll take what I can get thank you Saito. This is Milow he's defecting from Nohr there's a man named Klaus somewhere who's with us too. But for now it seems we have our own issue." Audric said as the Nohrian soldiers cleared a path as the blonde haired royal prince Leo approached Audric and glared down at him. "So you're the one who's been causing trouble in our rear. How annoying. And it appears you have a silver tongue considering you now fight with one of our own. You should be ashamed soldier you're a traitor to our cause. I have half a mind to kill you, all three of you, right here and now. But it appears Xander is in need of my assistance. Throw down your weapons." Leo said with distaste as Audric stood his group in front of the royal. "Lord Leo this is madness! Nohr has no reason to invade Hoshido! Corrin was not kidnapped! It's clear that he was not abused either! Please for the good of everyone back down!" Audric pleaded with the man trying one last time to stop this madness but Leo merely snorted in disgust. "Lord Leo I ain't no traitor! I just don't want to fight for a cause that butchers people! Just a couple moments ago I saw Prince Corrin preach his heart out to Xander! Then I watched this guy save an enemy at the risk of his own life! I-" Milow tried to say as Leo threw a bolt of black magic at the boy throwing him down nearly killing him. Saito rushed to his aid as Audric prepared himself. "Nohr's law is clear on traitors. The sentence is death-" Leo began when suddenly a bolt smacked into his side nearly throwing him off his horse. Yukimura the Hoshidan strategist had entered the Frey. Audric took his chance and slashed Leo across the side injuring him further. "You're too injured to fight on Leo! Fall back or I'll finish the job!"growled Audric as he prepared himself. Leo looked pained as he considered his options and then growled in indignation. "I'll remember this...FALL BACK!" Leo growled as he made his way back from the bridge. Hoshidan forces however didn't advance much more as Nohrian shock troopers held them back so Leo could fall back. They were also divided as Corrin fought on against the Hoshidans on the other side of the river. It was clear the battle was coming to a close but who was getting the better of it?

Last edited:
Klaus had silenced himself as Leo was cut down by Audric. The doctor was satisfied; he relished his former master's retribution. Yet, for what it was worth, he held his temper in check, for Audric made no effort to kill the Hohsidan tactician, Yukimura. Corrin held on the fight like a proper Nohrian, despite his true birthplace. Both sides were teetering on the edges between defeat and survival. The cacophony of swords and magic had died down slightly, steadily being replaced with the sound of a retreating army. Dr. Rathenau joined them. He rode up to Leo's steed, smiling under his mask as its rider held his sides in pain. "Doctor," one of the accompanying soldiers stopped Klaus dead in his tracks. Leo pressed on without him. "We have reports stating that you were defecting to an enemy comman--" the doctor was enraged. "Empty accusations made to tarnish my good name?! By the gods, how could anyone be so foolish to believe these lies? Have I not proven my utmost loyalty to Nohr above all else?!" being a man with Klaus' stature had many benefits. His mask, for instance, eased the trouble of deceiving those who may pose a threat.

"Oh no Leo! Are you ok!?" said Elise as she ran up to her brother who nodded at her. His face was paler than usual but Leo held up rather well. The Nohrian Prince had after all a commitment to his troops' well being. "I'm wary of you Klaus I know of your history with my father. But I have no reason to doubt you at the moment. Rumors can fly anywhere in a field of battle and I've heard of the man who robbed me of killing that fool back there. Regardless they're but small ants in a field full of tigers. I have to worry about Yukimura now with him here the Hoshidans have a viable chance to push as back." Leo commented quietly as Elise raised his staff and started to mend Leo's wounds while he gave orders to his lieutenants. The battle was clearly on the verge of complete anarchy. What happened next was anyone's guess. "You need to be more careful you dumby! What would I do if I lost you here!? We still need to get our brother back!"

===

Audric stood still as suddenly as a large beast charged the bridge. Audric had to wipe his eyes to make sure he wasn't seeing things. The men fell back around him going to any side they could. Audric however stood his ground planting himself on the bridge firmly and readied his axe. Could it be possible that they were those things his brother had told him about when they were younger? The skin changers from Nohr? "Hold there...damn what were they called? Hold there wolf skin! I mean you no harm I only wish this battle to end! Please back down or I'll be forced to put you down! I am no easy prey!" Audric called out to the approaching creature as he prepared himself for the worse. Too Audric's astonishment he saw the limping Milow stand up with the assistance of Saito and walk over to him. "I-I won't...I won't let you fight alone m'lord!" Milow said with effort as he barely could stand up right let alone fight. Audric worried but he nodded grateful for the boy's tenacity. Saito had his blade ready as well.

The sounds of metal scraping bombards Robert's left ear as he directed his shield in place to deflect the incoming thrust of a katana but this attack had left his opponent opened to a counter. With a quick vertical motion with his right hand the sword he held cuts straight through the samurai's thin plate eviscerating him and immediately after gave a swift kick to the man torso. His opponent tumbled backward onto the ground still alive but only barely. Upon his fallen foe Robert gave himself a moment of reprieve, sucking the air vigorously filling his lungs with much needed air even if it's amidst all the dust that had been kicked up.

They had broken through the Hoshidans lines but they were only a few mercenaries left standing on the field and most of them were exhausted not only did the defenders fought valiantly but their swordsmanship rivaled Nohr's or could be possibly better. Robert was not a coward but he knew he wasn't going to survive if he continued the assault. Frantically he tried searching for avenue of escape but he was briefly interrupted by a downward slash made by a samurai that broken through the assault. As if a primal force had taken over him, Robert parried with his blade immediately and with a savage shove threw the man onto the ground. Still unsatisfied Robert jumped on the man, impaling him with his sword. Blood spurted out onto his armor staining it further with red. Releasing himself from frenzy he pulled the blade out of the man's body and stood up and with a clear head he thought to himself that he needs to get out of the battle field or at least further from the massacre. Yet again he looks for an escape route as the battle around him was turning into nothing more than a blood bath.

Amidst the chaos he found it, a bridge. He didn't know why but it shouted at him to come towards it. Drawn by the bridge he swiftly weaved through the small skirmishes that blocked his way cutting down another man before finally reaching the bridge. It felt like years trying to reach the bridge but he made it. Though he wasn't alone there were a few soldiers already on it and one of them was a Wolfskin if he needed to cut through a few more for an escape it would be an easy price to pay easier since the wolfskins are allied to the Nohrian army. Robert rushed towards the beast's side but a voice from one of the soldiers shook his resolve, a familiar voice. As he closed the distance he recognized that silver plate anywhere, it was Lord Audric of Cyrkensia! Robert had remembered him sparing his life when he was on one of his usual bandit raids but why is he here of all places? Instead of pondering Robert asked albeit he shouted since he didn't want to get too close just in case he was wrong. "Lord Audric! Is that you? What are you doing here?" As he asked he readied his fighting stance with his blade ready to strike or parry.

"What in the world?!" Audric questioned himself wondering if he heard himself right. Did someone just refer to him as Lord Audric? Someone knew who he was? He did hope that the other lords in the area didn't hear that. If Xander or Camilla heard...."Aye I'm Audric, what of it stranger? If you wish to join my cause then do so but I'm afraid talking isn't something I'm free to do at the moment. But if you must know I came here to prevent the battle clearly that isn't an option anymore." Audric said still waiting for the answer from the wolf skin. If it didn't answer quick he'd have to assume the worse and take initiative. "What? How does that guy know you m'lord?" Milow asked Audric as Saito calmly but very clearly replied it was obvious Audric didn't know who the man was otherwise he would have said so. "Our companion can't remember everyone he's ever met boy. For the moment you must stand stalwart with us. I praise you though you're much stronger than expected." Saito praised and condemned Milow at the same time but he held no heed of the Samurai's talk.

@AutumnWyvern @Gabriel Heartache

Taeko watched the wolfskin leave towards the bridge, and considered for a moment what it meant to meet another like her; inuhuman, and perhaps also hunted. She wondered if they had met under different circumstances, they could be friends, and find empathy in one another's lifestyles.

She considered for a moment that perhaps they needn't fight, but she did make a commitment to Ryoma and Hoshido that she wouldn't abandon. And so, the kitsune shook the idea from her head and observed her surroundings. The excitement seemed to be focused on the very bridge that her fellow beast was charging, and she snorted and she decided it best to join them, hoping perhaps the gathering of different minds might result in a kinder resolution than battle.

Lord Leo's misplaced confidence in Dr. Rathenau perturbed him. "Come what may, milord. I am but a humble servant of Nohr." To think that such a man, so worthy of condemnation, was the brother of princess Elise; it just baffled the wise doctor. On one hand, Elise represented everything that Klaus hated in the royal family: blind obedience and never knowing the feeling of loss or true suffering. It was the same writhing abhorrence he put unto all Hoshidans. Conversely, Elise's innocence, that overwhelming purity, freed her from the kind of guilt that her siblings surely embraced. For them, honor went as far as the ends of their weapons. The princess might perchance be the only Nohrian who was truly free from sin. Klaus departed from Leo's band of belligerents. He looked back once, and beholding the young Elise's act of healing her brother, the doctor was forced to question his pledge to Audric. He believed wholeheartedly that Garon was a traitorous tyrant, but any grief brought unto the princess was tantamount to savagery. Klaus shrugged. A necessary evil was still an evil.

"Wait a moment is that....Kitsune girl stand down this man is not our enemy! He is Lord Audric destroyer of criminals from across the land! If you must attack then attack the retreating Nohrians! If you attack him I will defend him!" Saito shouted at Taeko as she approached as well. Audric looked at the man with confusion. "Today is much more bizzare than I had any right to expect. A black swordsman of Hoshido knows a wolf monster from Hoshido? What madness have I gotten myself into?" Audric questioned himself as he prepared himself for the worst. "I don't know this Kitsune woman my lord but I know Kitsune abhor war and I have passed her before going into battle she seemed ill at ease. Maybe she will heed Master Corrin's warning. Lady Mikoto wouldn't have wanted any of this..." Saito stated simply as he prepared himself for the wolf girl.

@Dio Brando

Poplin noticed the other canine decided to follow her, but didn't think much of it. She already had quite the head-start with running, after all, and given the situation it'd be foolish for the fox to attack her with so many other Nohrians around. Not that Poplin normally is one to avoid fighting, she just found this one instance it was best to be avoided.

As soon as Poplin made it to the "gathering" at the bridge Audric called out to her, telling her to stand down. She bared her teeth and flattened her ears, but made no motion to attack. "My kind are not prone to trusting humans." She stated, then sniffed the air around him. She could not place where he was from by scent, which did nothing to quell her suspicions. Once she saw Milow come to Audric's side, however, she let her posture relax and she snorted. "You, though, are far too kind and quick to trust." She said, gesturing to Milow. "You wish to end the battle, I wish for a swift end to the war. There are things I can turn a blind eye to, but a Wolfskin does not go back on their word without good reason." She said her part and eyed those around her. Another human who seemed to be aligned with Nohr had shown up and referred to Audric as a lord, though from where she still hadn't any clue. The pup, Milow, seemed rather hurt but was assisted by someone who dressed and smelled of Hoshido, and there was also the troubador whose smell made her wary... While she was no longer putting up an aggressive front she still kept herself on guard, unsure of what to make of the motley crew and trying to stay aware of Takeo's movement behind her.

"Wait...wait a second eh....is that who I think it is? Holy stones it's Poplin! I thought people just thought you were weird I didn't think you were actually a giant monster creature person." Milow said as Saito looked over to the boy with a raised eyebrow but said nothing too many questions too little time. "Look Lord Xander...he's amazing Poplin but I didn't think he'd flat out just ignore a possible chance for peace. Plus one of the Nohr soldiers tried to gut Audric from behind. Dad always said if you're going to fight a man you look him in the eye. I started out today more than-gah that stings..." Milow said as he clutched his side as he breathed in heavily as Audric looked back to him with worry. "Don't push yourself!" Audric said with worry as he looked at Poplin. "Look I can't promise too end this war right here and right now. But I will stop it before it gets too out of hand hopefully. Help me force back the remaining armies on both sides and we can end this before more blood is spilt then Lord Corrin should be able to lead us on from there. I choose him. I choose him because I believe that he honestly wants good for both sides. I know that things won't be easy to fix but if someone can do it it's someone with ties to both sides. I'm not asking you to betray your country, I'm asking you to help make it figure out a way to make them both see their folly! Failing that at least we can force a ceasefire! Call me an idealist if you want but I believe in this road I've chosen!" Audric said as he lowered his axe and reached out with his hand. He hoped that things went well. He only could hope Corrin finished up soon. By the looks of it Hoshido was about to break as well. Leo could only hold it together for so much longer. Camilla and Hinoka had stopped fighting and Takumi had been forced to route on his own end having been overwhelmed by Xander's personal guard.

Before Robert could answer he hears the rapid footwork of someone and turned his head to face another beast with it a shout from one of Audric's companion to tell the beast to stand down. He was now effectively sandwiched between two beasts and the might of Lord Audric. A cold sweat dripped down Robert's head and the instinctive feeling to escape filled his every being but he didn't. There was no way he would live through a battle here. Then he hears Audric's plan to somehow stop the war and to follow this person called Corrin. It was refreshing to hear something inspiring, something so… Heroic. Robert was filled with the fictional heroes that his parent's used to tell him before going to bed. He was his own man now, how long was he going to let the past control him. At that moment he answered himself with a shook of his head then turning to face Lord Audric filled with a fire that hasn't lighted in years. "Lord Audric! You may not remember me but you had saved me in the past and now again." Robert sheathed his blade and walked confidently towards Audric to give a firm shake with his hand "I intend to return those two favors! I fear fate would not have me do otherwise."

"Is that so? Then welcome my friend! Stand with me my friend, and we shall force back the world together! I will not stand for needless sacrifice. I'm glad to hear that more people are willing to join. So how about it wolf skin? Are you willing to show you're above the need for war? Or do you agree with Xander and Garon that you should show Hoshido Nohr's might? If it's the latter I will have no choice but too fell you. But look around you Xander is barely holding his own right now. In moments everything will crash down around him. Hoshido fairs little better. Camilla looks like she got the best of Hinoka! I only ask that you give me a chance. I don't want you life. I want you to help me help others. I am no naive soul but I WILL do all in my power to save all the lives I can. Even if it brings me too odds with old friends." Audric said with a passion as he beat his chest with his hand his mailed fist clanking onto his armor fiercely. He showed no hint of weakness and he didn't back down. However his heart was beating faster. He knew the Hoshidans would be on all of them in moments if Corrin didn't stop them soon.

Last edited:
The air under the tarp was thick and stuffy. Sapphira resisted the urge to sneeze, knowing that the slightest misstep would mean the end for her. Smuggling in Nohr was as profitable as it was dangerous. For the smuggler, the reasoning behind it was never as interesting as the amount of gold they could earn in the process. The young girl pressed her ear to the side of the cart, putting all of her focus into deciphering her location. Two days had passed since she had left Dia. The cart was shared with a family of four, while Sapphira was lucky enough to be included as a passenger. The family was intent on escaping to Hoshido. Both parents struggled to keep their children quiet as the cart rolled around patrols, set up here and there across several meager roads. Sapphira had no awareness of why this family sought to leave the kingdom. Neither party dared speak to the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.