Fire Emblem Fates - The Ocean's Silent Waves

Status
Not open for further replies.
"It is quite alright... Mr. Klaus was it? I've been called worse and hurt before so it is not something I am unused to. If I may make a request please call him Lord Corrin or Corrin as you will. I don't like people being simply cast off as 'boy' or 'man'. Everyone has a right to their name." Azura said with a bow to Klaus however she was somewhat perturbed by the request named by Klaus. "Audric seems fine if I may say so myself he doesn't seem to need my help. But I will look over him and see him safe for the duties he has already given us." Azura commented as she moved along however she seemed uncomfortable and didn't reply when Klaus brought up Garon and his death. It was clear she was not very comfortable with that subject. "Another one comes to the fray it seems. Nolan will be wondering why I'm bringing a party home. If I may say so myself I'd much rather he'd be here than me. Nolan always knows what to do...but regardless you fine on keeping an eye on the prince but any funny business and I will not hesitate. Ally or enemy anyone who seek to take Corrin away from me won't get away. I have no ill intentions for him and I view him as a good man but I would not see him martyr himself for Hoshido or become a puppet for Nohr. Forgive my words I am not normally so distrusting but you can understand why I am this way at the moment. Welcome to my Fellowship." Audric said as he looked back at the girl who had just showed up. His gut told him he wasn't wrong to distrust anyone but his heart made him quiver in disgust. He hated not being able to shake a person's hand but he had a job to do and he'd get it done to the best of his ability.

"Alright, little girl, we're here," the wheezing voice of a smuggler addressed Sapphira. The cart had come to a full stop, rattling the girl awake from a deep sleep. The family with which she shared a space with were gone; surely they had been dropped off already. "C'mon, I ain't got all day kid!" he growled. Sapphira rubbed her eyes and lifted the heavy tarp over her body. Deprived of sunlight for so long, she had lost track of time days prior. The air was cool and refreshing. Yet as Sapphira made the effort to stand, she beheld a tall pagoda far in the background, surrounded with pleasantly-kept cryptomeria trees. "Wait, this isn't the right place! Where are we?" panic swept over the girl. Of course, the smuggler coughed into his sleeve in reply. "You better get outta' my cart, lady. We're in Izumo, just like you asked."

Izumo? Sapphira shook her head. "No, no, no! I never said to go to Izumo! Take me back to Nohr right now!"

The smuggler pulled out a knife. "I said get outta' my cart. Now."

Great. The former maid was both hundreds of miles from her intended destination and stranded in a foreign country. What was she to do? Sapphira limped along slowly, for it would take an hour or two until an actual plan started to form.

Jasmine listened to the man's words carefully as sge walked to stay with the group. Once he finished and looked at her she nodded her head. "I understand, Lord Audric." she replied, "I can also understand why you wouldn't be very trusting of me currently but you have my word that I do not plan for any harm to come to Prince Corrin. I thank you for allowing me to come along." the young Hoshidan said as she looked up at him, before glancing to Corrin, a look of concern showing in her eyes. Ryoma's words replayed in her mind, reminding ger of her current goal. The young girl took a moment to glance at the rest of their party. So far, most of them appeared to be around her age or older. "I am Jasmine, by the way." the girl said after a few moments of silence on her end. She hoped that things would end well, even though Corrin possibly wouldn't survive the journey they were making. She wished that something like this wouldn't of happened, especially for Prince Corrin. But, what's done is done and they would all have to deal with the consequences of course.

"Audric. Audric of Nestra, it's a pleasure Jasmine. Strange name for a Hoshidan still it's an odd time we live in." Audric commented as he headed up towards the very front of the group and declared that Saito will guard the back while he headed the front while the others were in charge of the sides except Klaus who was in charge of keeping Corrin alive if at all possible. Corrin tried to argue that he shouldn't be a burden but Audric stood his ground saying he didn't intend to let his charge be held responsible for anything other than staying alive. It was already a miracle he was still breathing let alone thinking he was capable enough to hold his own in combat. "Azura if you would stir up a melody for us while we walk. It will help us pass the time. Klaus if you know of any quicker ways to Izumo or a neighboring town then lead the way. As it stands I believe we march until we hit the eternal staircase. I don't know if we've taken a wrong turn or not so let me get back on pace I have some maps of this general area. I believe we should head south of here though. " Audric commented as he tried to get the group to march faster once he figured out their location but Azura insisted they go at a steady pace but not too strenuous pace in order to not cause further harm to Corrin. "I would be glad to sing us a song though I'm afraid I don't know to many Nestrian songs." Azura said as Audric acknowledged it was fine and as Azura sang they moved forward through the afternoon into the dusk and towards their destination.

====

CHAPTER 1: On Dragon's End

The end of the first Battle of Hoshido ended in a stalemate. Lord Audric marches his motley crew of men and women from both sides towards Izumo in an attempt to receive aid from Duke Izuna. However after a few days march Prince Corrin's condition has steadily dwindled and he can barely sustain consciousness and speak. The constant aid of the duo healers has not been enough. As Corrin's life fades away Audric spots a nearby village and hopes he'd be able to receive help from them...however not all is as peaceful as it seems.

====

Audric breathed in deeply the fresh air of the afternoon and the warm heat radiating from the bright sun of Hoshido basked the open fields. He hoped that things would go faster but things only got steadily worse. Corrin's health was failing and the closest military forts were all run by Hoshidans whom he would have to sacrifice his neutrality to in order to receive help from even if the Hoshidan Royals wanted their prodigal son back. It was not something he could do. Milow, having recovered from his own injuries rather quickly, rushed over to him. "Sir I think there's a village nearby we should be reaching it soon enough. However I don't think they will have what we need to save Corrin." Milow said as Audric stared at the young man. He had been an ever good willed young man ever since he joined the crew and he was happy Milow was along for the ride. "How would you know?" Audric asked as Milow explained to his lord that his village traded with Hoshido on occasions and a bard said there was typically farming groups in this general area. "My father and I used to talk to a bunch of people who visited out village from Hoshido. Despite the issues between countries us small folk can still set up trade here and there without arousing suspicion from the big cheeses. I gotta say Lord Audric I'm not enjoying these marching habits I've gotten into. My feet hurt..." Milow grumbled as suddenly Felicia spoke up, "Ugh...What I wouldn't give for a good night's sleep and a good bed." Felicia moaned as Saito spoke up in return with his typical gruff persona, "Everything will be fine Felicia but we can't stop until we know that we can afford to. We can only rest so often before things start to turn hairy. I'm surprised we haven't run into my fellow Hoshidans. I expected Ninja or the like to appear by now. I guess Prince Ryoma has his hands full with Prince Xander. We should expect trouble soon though." Saito mumbled as they kept walking through the grassy glade as the wind blew softly around them.

A widened cart was pulled along by a dark and disgruntled steed. Klaus knelt beside Corrin in the back, checking every few hours to ensure that no infection was present, and putting great effort in getting the boy to stay hydrated. A dank cloth was placed on the prince's forehead as his temperature shifted at random intervals. The doctor had done his best in stitching the large gashes that Corrin had acquired, while healing magic could only do so much in assistance. This case in particular was a grim one, for Klaus knew how it would end, and he feared the way in which the Hoshidans would react to yet another royal fatality, as if their wretched queen was any different. Speaking of which, he was more than glad that his mask was filled with enough Nohrian flowers to keep out the stench of Hoshido. It washed over the cart, and had done so for many days now.

Klaus spoke aloud to his patient, believing him to either be unconscious or too ill to understand his words. "Boy, since it is evident that you will become a martyr anytime now, it will do me no harm in speaking without injunction. I fear any man that will die for his own thoughts before dying on the path that someone else had laid out for him. Believe me, Lord Corrin, that you will haunt me upon your passing with every waking moment. There are many of us that have taken your beliefs to heart, and even if I may not be one of them, I am indebted to you as much as I am to Audric. A storm follows your wake. I am sure that the gods will tremble before that kind of honor. Rest easy, knowing that there are good people fighting for what is right."

"I...don't....want....to be....a problem....for anyone...please..if I do pass on....don't let....my passing...haunt you....I just....want...the war to end....if I can't...then..." Corrin coughed as he shivered but continued to breath whatever the case the boy had spirit enough to speak even with his condition. The clean but deep wound in the front left by Siegfried left an ugly scar. The stab by Raijinto left a smoother wound but it was surrounded by burns. It wasn't something anyone would take care to look at. "You must understand by now Mr. Klaus that Corrin is in no condition to speak. I would speak to someone else. I understand you've been avoiding the others. But you can't expect them to protect you if they don't trust you can you? I learned from my time in Hoshido that it is best to make as many friends as possible. I remember little Princess Sakura was so shy before I talked to her. Now she's as close as a sister to me. Please Klaus leave malice behind and make an attempt at interacting with the others." Azura said to Klaus from behind as she walked silently behind Corrin's cart. She had no complained at all during their entire time walking and she was as graceful as ever.

Klaus was doubly surprised, both from Corrin's debilitated reply and Azura's well-intended scorning of the doctor. He turned to face the young woman, permitting his legs to dangle from the edge of the unsteady cart, and he made the effort to continue the conversation with her. "Once again, I am deeply penitent, milady. It was foolish of me to speak with the bo-- Corrin, when he is in need of rest. I of all people should have known that," the doctor looked at the ground moving beneath his boots. He tried to process the advice he had just been given. Azura's words rang true, that was undeniable. Klaus was merely uncomfortable with his new role. He was far away from home, and even the most noblest of causes could not diminish the feeling of homesickness. Teamwork was a foreign notion to him, aside from the occasional nurse and apprentice, yet Klaus made it his mission to press on with Audric's hearty band. "You intrigue me, Azura. Many men would kill to have your wisdom at such a young age. Indulge me, what do you think fate has in store for all of us?"

Reactions: Takumi
"Oh my...I thank you for the compliment." Azura said with a smile and a good natured chuckle as she looked at the doctor. "I can't say...I would hope Corrin lived through his predicament but I can't think of anything I can do to help his condition further. As for this group I don't know what to say to be honest. Audric seems like he has a good heart even if he is as blunt and brash as a well honed weapon. If he has not fooled us with his attitude then he will most certainly go to Izumo or another neutral nation. I've heard rumors of Audric's brother, Nolan, he speaks of. He is the Lord Mayor of a prosperous city in his nation. Nolan is said to cunning and quick witted. If he has heard of the battle he will try to find Audric for one reason or another. I see Audric's path leading him back home to his brother. Saito the Samurai is no spy I would think, fiercely loyal to Ryoma, but completely dictated by his own pride, and morals I think he will stay with Audric or go back to Hoshido. More than that I can't say other than maybe Milow will stay with Audric. I talked to him last night and he told me of a story where he first caught a fish. That boy has a good heart. But I'm rambling on now I'm sorry. All of this is just conjecture anyhow." Azura said softly to Klaus as she gazed wishfully at Corrin.

The days past spent marching have been mostly silent for Remigia, who has not so much as introduced herself to her not-quite-employers nor made much in the way of conversation (save for babytalking her dragon or taking habit of mumbling while reading a map). The map itself has proved nigh useless, as unexpectedly it seems the caravan leaders know where they're going. All the same to her, her sense of direction is almost famously bad, and if left to her own devices she'd almost want to change course. Somewhere warmer would be nice, and the trail of the staircase doesn't quite cut the mustard for her, despite being in part her suggestion.

A fool's suggestion, at that. Shorter, safer route or otherwise, it's readily apparent that bothering to care for Corrin has been a waste of time. Were it her decision, she'd rather put him out of his misery. The young boy must be suffering terribly for what everyone knows (but no one says) is an inevitably lethal wound. The use of staves and medical paraphernalia is wasteful at best, but it's none of her business, either. She's never been a healer nor been want for one and the naive prince is clearly of some importance; what, exactly, she's paid no attention to. The war isn't her prerogative in the least, and to be honest her only real concern (if you can call it that) has been the influx of work it's caused. Having been around and toiling since long before the war's beginning has left such an impression. She feels no loyalty to a king gone mad nor sympathy to a kingdom of abundance.

But that's neither here nor there.

At the moment, her attention is predominantly drawn to those pseudo teammates she's neglected to speak to, in particular, the fox and the hound. Despite being the first reason she'd approached the group she'd yet to find time or chance (after all, bringing it up in the midst of a death-panic was probably in poor taste; but then again, so is telling the singer to 'Shut The Hell Up' and 'If I Hear Anything About The Ocean's Grey Waves Again So Help Me--') to speak with them at length. The strange silence left by Dr. Feelbad hitting on Lead Pipes while the prince croaks in the background provides an excellent mood, and she snatches the opportunity like her steed snatches leftovers.

And so therefore, she leans over the side of her Fat Dragon, peering at the ornery furry with something akin to curiousity as she asks, almost rhetorically:

"Hey, is that thing real?"

Regardless of the circumstances, Poplin still hated marching. Her current company was only marginally better than before as well. She greatly preferred a smaller group, so that was a plus, but she really couldn't see herself trusting most of this motley crew. She wasn't one to vocalize her displeasure in marching nor with her company, and instead took to sourly gnawing on her bone necklace. To those who knew the signs she seemed a bit irate and on-edge, her ears and tail standing alert. She could very easily hear what any other person was saying regardless of if she intended to listen in or not. The only indication to an onlooker of whose voice she was picking up on at the moment was a subtle twitch, turn, or flick of an ear.

At Remi's question Poplin's ear twitched and she glanced up at the wyvern rider.
"Is what real?" She replied, completely oblivious to Remi's interest in her fluffy animal traits. "If you mean the bones of course they are real, who would chew on fake bones?" Poplin shorted and rolled her eyes. Humans are weird.

Azura's reply was lengthy, yet well-spoken enough that Klaus absorbed the information swiftly. He managed to get a basic profile on his new comrades, thinking them over again and again, until the doctor lightly hopped off from the slow-moving cart. "Take my seat. There's nothing more I can do for Corrin, and it is unfair of me to sit down while you have walked for so long." Klaus' generosity was a rare insight into his behavior. Another reason for his unusual kindness followed the logic that he'd be better able to spy on the beast-folk close by. The Wolfskin, in particular, was conversing with a dragon-rider over some kind of nonsense. The doctor was unable to eavesdrop, as much as he would've liked to. He walked beside Azura. "No need to fret over conjecture, milady. Audric, Milow, the rest of us, sometimes I think their intentions are too naive. One misstep and we'll be chased like rats by both kingdoms. Once this war is over, if the gods are merciful, I hope to become a professor in Nohr. By then I will have no use for this horrid mask."

Azura nodded and thanked Klaus before sitting down next to Corrin and gripped the amulet dangling from her neck. She reached over and ran her hand through the young man's white hair as she sighed. "I would believe that Corrin could fix everything if he had the chance...but now. I'm not so sure. But I look at this group and I see possibility. Many different folks from here and there working together. Hoshido, Nohr, and Nestra....all of them strong in their own rights." Azura said as Saito whistled sharply as he looked back at the group. "We're going to be coming along a village soon. It won't take long for us to get there. You will be able to pick up any supplies needed there. However we recommend not leaving the group until we find an inn to meet back up at." Saito shouted as Audric nodded at him, thanking him for doing as he asked of him. Audric then looked over to Jasmine and waved over to her. "I'm going into the village to scope out things ahead of time. Stay here with Milow and make sure the group doesn't get ambushed. Archers like you have sharp eyes so keep a look out. I will return in a moment." Audric said as he took his temporary leave of the group as he hurried on ahead himself despite the aching soles in his feet. It wasn't anything he wasn't used to, to be frank but it still bothered him. He hoped too see if he could get a farmer or a traveler to point him towards a inn and a herbalist to see if he could knock out two stones with one throw. As self appointed leader of this band of misfits he had to make sure everything came along as planned. Audric could feel the weight of Daywalker on his hip an ever present reminder of his position.

Last edited:
It take's her a second to process this answer, as she'd been so focused on the Wolfskin's, well, wolfy skin that she hadn't bothered to note her actual apparel or choice in accessories. Bones, of course, how fitting; doggies do like their chew-toys. She wonders if wolfskin clean their teeth in such a way, or if humanesque hygiene is also partaken in. The tiny wolf's teeth do look rather intimidating-- the better to eat you with? Who knows. It certainly reinforces her decision to stay with the group, at any rate. Judging by the size of the damn thing she'd seen barreling around earlier (let alone rumours thereof), Poplin isn't exactly high on Remi's list of people to square-off with.

Her eyes flick over as she notices the troubadour dismount, and she makes note of this (though she doubts he's within earshot, she's not a trusting sort, and it's better safe than sorry when you could probably be arrested for something or other under Nohrian law), but plays it off like she hasn't noticed, quickly turning her attention to Audric as he takes leave. His pseudoauthourity is fine by her, and she clicks her tongue, waves her hand 'Aye Aye, captain' style and seamlessly shifts back to Poplin, hand waving in the vague direction of the wolfskin's furry caboose.

"No, no. That, and, er," she makes flicky motions at the top of her head, indicating the ears.

"Those. Yaknow?"

Maybe she does-- it occurs to her that pointing such things out could possibly be uncouth? Is there some kind of puppy etiquette? She's certainly never been to obedience school, but her gracelessness has already been called upon at least once. Well, rude is at least in character for her apparent age group, so no sense in overthinking it. If nothing else, she does keep her hands tactfully out of reach, if no other reason than that she is fairly certain she might not get back appendages that venture too close to Poplin's mouth.

Jasmine hadn't complained outwardly towards the marching and kept going with the reminder of why she was currently here and not back with the rest of the Hoshidan army on her mind. She occasionally listened to the conversations going on around her (Remi and Poplin, as well as Klaus and Azura) and was considering making an attempt to get to know some of the other members of the group when Audric called for her to keep an eye for the group while he went into the village. She nodded as she approached.
"I'll do my best, milord." the girl said as she stood beside Milow for now. She may not have completely trusted everyone in the group just yet, but she at least would do whatever she could to keep them safe from trouble. Making sure to keep herself from making some clumsy mistake at the worst time possible. So, she kept an eye out. "I hope Audric can find a good inn..." she sighed as the group continued to march to their destination. She spoke to no one in particular, and for the briefest of moments there was a small glimpse of anxiety in her eyes. It didn't stay for long though, and she decided to stay as possitive as she possibly could in suxh dire times. Occasionally thinking od her family helped this process and at tes she wondered what they would be doing at some moment in time whether it be now or later in the day.

Poplin's ears flattened at the shrillness of Saito's whistle and grimaced. Did he have to be so loud? In any case it was good that the group might actually get to rest for a moment. And if the archer was to keep an eye out, certainly it went without saying that she was to keep an ear out for trouble. Or perhaps a nose out as well? Well, perhaps not. Never being in Hoshido before meant there were plenty of unfamiliar smells. Not a bad thing; the air seemed sweeter here, but it did put her at an olfactory disadvantage.

She put those musings aside and went back to the matter at hand. She squinted incredulously at Remi. Was this human serious? Surely the fact that her ears and tail moved was proof enough? Perhaps Poplin is just doomed to deal with dim-witted humans?
"If they weren't real then I wouldn't be a Wolfskin now, would I?" She snorted.

Klaus listened intently at Saito's announcement, initially thinking little of it. A short rest in town was exactly what everyone needed. Turning his head, the doctor lowered his chin, thus preventing the beak of his mask from obstructing his view completely. He found himself increasingly taken away from his chit-chat with Azura, as his paranoia slowly grew. He needed to analyze these people himself, especially the Hoshidans. Saito appeared to be kept in check by Audric, but Jasmine, on the other hand, was without someone to guarantee her loyalty. "Pardon me, Lady Azura, perhaps I should not trouble you further. You and our weary prince are in need of a service I cannot provide," Klaus vaguely murmured. It was his special way of bidding farewell. Strolling over, the doctor was somehow more distrusting of Jasmine in proximity to Milow than if she was alone. Milow was at least reliably harmless. "Ahem," he coughed as the scent of his medicinal herbs filled up his nose, made worse with the rolling breeze. "I don't believe I've introduced myself to you." Klaus examined the archer's form with skeptical eyes. "I do not mean to intrude, but my name is Klaus Rathenau. I take it you are...?"

Jasmine stood alert, keeping an eye and ear out as she focused and stood near Milow as instructed. So far, nothing seemed out of the ordinary which was good. She didn't really pay too much close attention to the other's conversations. But, at the sound of someone approaching she turned her head. Upon the sight of Klaus, the girl had to look up just a bit to view his face. Or well...his mask in this case. "Ah, that is true but I've only introduced myself to Lord Audric, and not to the rest of you. I'm Jasmine." she replied before giving a short small bow in greeting. "It is a pleasure to meet you...even though the circumstances are not very favourable." the young woman sighed. She studied the man for a moment, eyes curious. She couldn't tell if his look was a distrustful one or not. She would occasionally glance away to check their surroundings as she spoke to the man, just to make sure there were no enemies in wait.

Audric hustled rather quickly into the village despite his heavy armor and the distance he sprinted. He had gotten used to training in gear like this now and it frankly wasn't much of a workout anymore. Still it was still heavy and it did drag some of his energy down the drain. Still when he got there he breathed in heavily and waved over to a villager who came over to him. It was a young girl with brown hair and some freckles as she smiled at him. "What can I help you with Mister?" the young woman asked him she wasn't too old certainly a little younger than him. "I'm here looking for a village healer and possibly a inn for a small company of men. Does this small town have anything like that? And my name is Audric nice to meet you." Audric said with a smile as the girl smiled back at him. It was nice being among the common rabble. They were good people and it seems Hoshido wasn't any different from Cheve or Nestra. "I'm not too sure Mr. Audric if he can help much but Mr. Suzaku is a good doctor and he lives up on the hill over there. And nearby is an inn it's down the street over there to the right. Hopefully that helps." the girl said as Audric thanked her profusely before marching forward towards the inn. He wanted to make sure he got a place to stay just in case. When he got there he quickly walked up to the inn keeper who was talking to a young woman. "Excuse me madam I need to cut in, sir do you have room for ten people or so? I can pay for them all now if you have the room. If not we can share some rooms but one of us is injured and we need some time to rest." Audric stated quickly as the bar keeper looked at him with a annoyed face. He clearly didn't like having his conversations interrupted. "I was just talking to this young woman about rooming but yeah we can fit that amount of people just about. You'll have to share a room or two though." the man gurmbled as Audric breathed in deeply in relief. He pulled out a bag of gold and picked out five pieces of the expensive currency much to the barkeeper's disbelief as he handed it to him. "Keep the change sir I'll be back with my group soon."

@Kitti (you're character is the girl in the inn)

===

Millow walked back over to Poplin and looked at the wyvern the other girl was riding on and chuckled. "Hey there Poplin sorry if I'm cutting in but I just wanted to say too your friend right here that her mount is pretty cool. I didn't want to say anything at first but now that we've traveled together for a couple days I'd figured I'd say something. Oh my name is Milow by the way. Just a simple villager caught up in all these shenanigans." Milow stated with a grin at the rider. Milow as usual was just being himself nothing special but rather obnoxiously naive of war.

This town had been little more than a stop on the way to a larger and more populous one with a better promise for finding paying work. The last job that Sety had taken had been something of a difficult one, though she couldn't profess that she disliked the thrill of a difficult battle. For her trouble, though, she'd earned a nice little bonus on top of what she had been expecting and with that extra coin in her pocket, she'd decided to treat herself to a stay in an inn for a night instead of sleeping outside. The weather had been mild, as was normal for Hoshido, especially at this time of year, but she had heard a few farmers discussing on her walk up here that they could feel a chill coming in their bones. Sety did not want to bet against farmer bones on the matter of weather and decided then that it would be a good night to spend indoors.

She'd just been haggling the price of a room with the innkeeper, who had been discussing cutting a deal with her on the price as he had so many empty rooms in his inn. Or he had had a lot of empty rooms in his inn, until a certain young man interrupted their conversation to book what seemed to be all the available space. And proceeded to overpay for the rooms. The innkeeper's expression turned from displeased to stunned in the space of a breath and Sety sighed heavily. It looked like the price of a room here had probably just increased. It was enough to put a damper on her previously hopeful mood but she was struggling against feeling put out. If it was in fact true that they had an injured party, they would be needing the clean and warmth of a room more than she.

Paying full price, Sety worked out a deal with the innkeeper hastily, curious about the large group passing through at the same time. No mercenary worth his salt would overpay like that for some rooms, unless it was perhaps a final resort. Still, the man paying did not seem to have been the right sort. A contingent of one of the knighthoods perhaps? That would explain the injuries. To Sety's knowledge, though, none of the knighthoods had been engaged in this area and nor were they due to have in any of her recent correspondences. A diligent mercenary knew to keep their ear to the ground and head where there were people in need of a sword and she kept contact with previous companions from several orders, none of whom had indicated battling in this area. Her interest was piqued.

Perhaps it was one of the more enigmatic orders, those rarely seen in these countries. Though what they were doing here, and fighting no less, she'd never guess. But if there was fighting involved, and a handsome sum for just an innkeeper, she might have assistance to offer. She followed along after the man to find the group in question and make acquaintance, since he seemed to be the leader.

"Hey there! You! Out seeing the sights the country has to offer with ten of your closest friends, then?"

Last edited by a moderator:
"Oh sorry I didn't mean too interrupt your conversation with the inn keeper. I'm not so much as seeing the sights as I've dragged myself into a war by mistake. My companions, for lack of a better term, are all strangers to me personally. Most of them seem like good folks but for the most part we're a rag tag bunch. We've serving a young noble who was injured in a battle nearby we need to get him aid or he will die soon. Truth be told it's a miracle he's even alive. We've had to keep our healers on him for the majority of our trip down south. We're heading to Izumo in hopes we can heal him entirely there. Though the chances to actually get there are slim if non existent. Still I feel it is my duty to at least try." Audric answered quickly as he turned back to look at the girl. Nohrian or western by descent it appeared. Lacked the distinguishing characteristics of a Hoshidan. He was slightly worried Xander had actually sent someone after him. But after a brief moment of consideration that'd be unlikely that she'd actually meet them here. This whole visit was entirely unplanned. Moreover they had to retrace their steps south and wait for the armies to disperse before continuing on. Xander was smart, brilliant even, but even he couldn't have done that. "I'm sorry did you need something I need to find a village healer to see if he can help my friend while the rest of my company rests. We've been traveling for days and need to rest our bones. Our maid seems on the verge of collapsing when her lord is asleep."

Status
Not open for further replies.