Fire Emblem Fates - The Ocean's Silent Waves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poplin couldn't help but chuckle at Milow's realization. "I believe I said the others fear me for a reason, did I not?" She said, the teasing nature of the statement likely lost to the flatness of her voice. "I also believe you ought to take it easy if you wish to survive." Perhaps that was a bit of a harsh statement, but one must be mindful of their limits and know when to stop.
Poplin mulled over Milow and Audric's words. She wasn't sure if Milow was the best judge of character, but it seemed as though quite a few others could vouch for Audric. And, while she couldn't expect the man to fully understand her situation given that they only just met, she did feel the need to correct him on a certain matter. "As I said before I made a deal with Nohr. I do not fight to show loyalty to the country, I fight to ensure my people can live and hunt in peace. First mankind hunts us for our pelts, now mankind also takes our game to help fuel their wars. The other Wolfskin may want no part in the struggles of man but I cannot sit idle as we waste away," she paused. Her ears flattened and her tail stiffened behind her, an aggressive stance. "I have no nationalistic sentiment, but betrayal means putting the lives of my people at stake. If anything were to happen to my village as a result of me joining you... Their blood will be on your hands and your bones may very well end up between my teeth." She bared her fangs for emphasis. She didn't any motion towards his outstretched hand, she first wanted to hear if he would accept her "terms" and also because in her current state her hand was much too large, and changing out of this form in the middle of a battlefield was quite the liability.

"I can't promise anything like that but I'll do all I can for-" Audric said as suddenly the Hoshidan Horn called out he had no understanding of the meaning behind it however it seemed Saito did. "It's done then. It would seem Prince Corrin or one of Xander's men have felled the Hoshidan Commander in charge of the charge against Xander. Both sides will have no choice but to fall back now." Saito said plainly as he heard the enraged shout of Ryoma demanding to know why Corrin had turned against Hoshido. Corrin ran up onto a nearby hill and held a sword in the air. "That isn't a normal sword is it?" Audric said as he turned his attention away from the wolfskin. "It is the legendary blade of Yato. The wielder is said to be the hero of the world. That is partially the reason why I chose to join your side Audric. Or more precisely Prince Corrin's." Saito said as Corrin, covered in blood and wounds held his ground as Xander and Ryoma both ran up to him. "Are you really a traitor to Hoshido!? Corrin answer me!" Ryoma demanded as Xander glared knives at Corrin. "If this is really the path you had chosen then so be it. You are a traitor to Nohr and you will be treated as one. This path you've chosen is a foolish one young prince." Xander said as he prepared to do what he must. "I will retreat...but first I believe we have to settle our little dispute Prince Ryoma." Xander said as he turned Siegfried on Ryoma who raised Raijinto deftly blocking it as he turned to Xander. "I'd never thought I'd agree with a Nohrian Prince. Come Xander let us finish this I have confidence that Hinoka can handle the men while I take care of you." Ryoma said as Corrin looked in horror. "What are you two doing!? Stop it! Both of you just retreat this doesn't need to happen! I've defeated both sides your men need you!" Corrin tired to reason as he saw Azura standing nearby. "Stay out of this Corrin! If you won't come back to Hoshido then the best thing I can do is show you how false Xander really is." Ryoma declared as he charged forward. Xander raised his sword and without any more words he kicked the horse sending it forward right towards Ryoma in a headlong charge. Hinoka in the background looked on as Azura began to sing only to be suddenly silenced by a unseen man. Camilla and Leo watched with mixed feelings unsure about what to do. They needed to retreat like Corrin had said between the Hoshidans and Corrin's forces the Nohr Army was in a bad state as was their rival Hoshidan Army. It seemed things would come down too a climatic final clash here and now. However Corrin ran forward intent on stopping the fight from continuing. Why his brothers refused to listen he failed to understand.

Audric saw Azura struggling and ran forward his axe in hand as he rushed past the wolf skin and ran towards Azura intending to help the woman. She helped him earlier it was his chance to return the favor. Before Saito could even move however he was forced too help Milow as he fell to his knees suddenly apparently his strength giving out. "Damn it I need a healer! Find me a shrine maiden!" Saito barked at anyone who would follow the order as Milow coughed up blood. "Not sure if I'm worth...worth the effort....but thanks sir." Milow said weakly.

Corrin ran forward Yato raised he could only vaguely recognize Felicia asking him to stop, telling him it was too dangerous. It didn't matter to Corrin because if he couldn't save his brothers what prince was he? He may have 'betrayed' his siblings but too him...they were precious he didn't want the blood of either on his conscious. The two older brothers destined to be rivals charged at one another ever faster. Corrin brought his blade down as Xander and Ryoma went to strike at each other. However....a sudden push from behind caught Corrin off guard sending him tumbling forward...into the striking blades of Ryoma and Xander. Xander looked in horror as Siegfried pierced Corrin's side. His face lit up in sudden realization of what had just happened. On the opposite side Raijinto struck through Corrin the blade of lightning going through the young man's body. Ryoma's face twisted in shock and pure unadulterated fear as he watched his brother collapse too the ground in a heap coughing up blood.

Audric saw the event and his eyes became wide as he looked on in horror. What had just happened?! Did he trip? Did he intentionally get in the way? Audric knew he had to do something! But he had to rescue Azura first. The first thing he heard was the scream of a young woman with a staff from the Hoshidan side and Xander shouting 'NO' at the top of his lungs. Next he heard the flapping of wings that could only mean one of the sisters was coming in. Damn it! If only he had been faster maybe he could've stopped that from happening! Audric felt sick that he couldn't do more but once he reached Azura he quickly swung his axe at her assailant as he vanished suddenly before him.

Azura's eyes were full of tears as she began to sing a song loudly. The tunes made his heart mellow and he felt the strength leave his arms. Unlike her previous song this one was melancholy and full of sorrow but she sung it desperately. However it seemed to have unfortunate consquences as it left Audric kneeling down on the ground barely grasping Daywalker in his hand. "You are the oceans grey waves..." Azura sang as Audric looked up at her.

"Azura...I can't...I can't move. What is that song doing to me?" he questioned the woman as he saw the Maid from Corrin's group early run towards him with a staff in her hand. It seems Ryoma was also feeling Azura's song as confusion mixed his horrified face as he was backing away from Corrin. "Azura what are you...doing!?" Ryoma demanded as Xander all but dropped Siegfried and leaned down in front of Corrin.

"Little Prince! Corrin! Please! Not like this! Felicia do something!" Xander said in panic his face showing that his part in this tragedy was eating at him just as much as Ryoma.

Last edited:
Klaus stood from afar, beholding the curious turn of events before him, gasping under his mask as his breath outpaced his mind. He grasped his throat, forcing as much air into his lungs as possible. The anxiety, the fear, the apprehension, it was all wearing down on him in a single, perpetual moment. Ryoma and Xander charged at one another with an unbegotten rage. The doctor knew what kind of anger it was. It was the kind that poisoned intellect, and fueled the internal need for action. It was the kind of anger that Klaus had felt deep pity towards, knowing the feeling all-too-well himself. But he did nothing. He felt a tinge of sorrow when Prince Corrin had faced so noble and gruesome a death. Under the thin piece of cloth that barred the doctor from the outside world, he cursed the gods in so hush a tone that his blasphemy would go unheard by the very beings he was cursing. Time slowed to a halt. Then, there was a pleasant voice that broke the unending crawl of time. Singing. Klaus followed it once he could feel oxygen flowing throughout his body. By happenstance the doctor discovered Audric, paralyzed by the haunting chants, but by then it was too late. Klaus felt himself losing strength to the song. "Milord, w-what is this?! What happened to you?" he chose not to express signs of his own weakness.

"This woman...Azura...her songs are magical it seems. I-I can't seem to lift my weapons like my body itself is rebelling against my will to fight. Azura please stop it!" Audric begged the woman who simply kept singing as she went on her way closer to Corrin as Audric forced himself up even with his body feeling lighter than a feather. "Milow...Milow back at the bridge. Go and heal him. Leo tried to...strike him down for aiding me. The wolfskin and that other creature back there aren't with us....be wary of them. Saito should keep you safe." Audric ordered Klaus as he slowly moved to follow Azura who ignored all those in her path. Ryoma didn't fully understand how Azura was doing this but he knew she woudn't without reason. "Give-me back-my little-brother!" Ryoma demanded as he walked towards Corrin. Xander tried to lift Siegfried but to avail and he let it sing back into the grass beside him. "You've done enough! Get away from him fiend!"

Jasmine, who had arrived shortly after the reinforcements, had stayed in a position where she could quickly slay any Nohrians that had gotten to close and be protected by any nearby Hoshidan soldiers able to do so. By the time retreats had been called the young woman luckily sustained a graze to her side from a Nohrian who was quickly slain by an Hoshidan samurai. It stung, but she paid it no mind at the moment until a healer could be found. The battlefield was utter chaos and caused her stomach to churn slightly. Putting up a much more brave and calm front the young woman was going to begin her retreat. But she stopped, more like froze at what was happening between Prince Ryoma and the Nohrian Prince. What were they doing?! Weren't they supposed to-her thoughts halted at the sight of Corrin being felled by the two blades of the waring sides. Blue lavender eyes widened at the sight of Xander and Ryoma's faces and body language and what had caused such a thing to occur. Things really were chaos now, and Jasmine was on edge. This was her first taste of real battle in a real war and she was frozen in place! She couldn't predict what Prince Ryoma or the Nohrian Prince would do next but the least she could do was keep an eye out if need be. She did happen to spot the grey haired man approaching Azura, after he appeared to be speaking with a Nohrian doctor of sorts. Jasmine could tell said man had no affiliation with either army just looking at him and found slight interest from it. But also weariness.

Making a final decision she walked closer, but still kept her distance from the group surrounding Corrin. She had her weapon in hand, arrow resting at the ready for use but kept the arrow head pointed to the ground, not planning to use it unless she needed. She could hear Azura's song, though not as clearly as those closer it made the young archer feel...strange in ways she couldn't describe well. Though, it seemed that it was making the fighting stop.

Last edited:
Klaus nodded at Audric's urgent command. He struggled to resist Azura's accursed song, and this overwhelming helplessness outraged the doctor. Before riding off to find Milow on the distant bridge, he reprimanded the songstress with a wrath normally subdued. "Sing for as long as you like, woman! Wasting your time will not help your skewered friend!" Klaus truly hated the mere thought of someone holding that much influence over his very being. There was some honor in combating your opponent directly, blade or tome, but the kind of power that brings the strongest of men to their knees without a fight was nothing but cowardly. The doctor located the bridge relatively quickly. Getting there would surely have been simpler had his horse not trampled over so many corpses. Klaus did not see the beast-folk that Audric mentioned, but he did find Milow, whose garments were marked in crimson red. "There you are," the doctor raised his staff, casting a healing spell akin to the one used on Audric before. "Stand up, lest you seek disfavor with the gods! A warrior is no good lying down."

"Oh well if it ain't that creepy witch doctor fellow. Alright I won't argue but I ain't no soldier just a guy who got drafted." Milow said with a forced smile as he was assisted by the samurai to stand upright. "If you seek a capable soldier than it is I that you should be talking to Nohrian. This boy is green as grass-" Saito started as Milow interrupted, "I am...not a little boy! I may not have much but I do got my god dang pride!" Milow grumbled as he clutched his side. He looked around as he breathed in deeply. "Don't cha all see what's going on? Both sides are retreatin'." Milow pointed out as waited for his treatment.

Taeko slowed as she came towards Saito, his yellling telling her to yield. She had no intention of attacking before, but certainly not now. She stopped before them and lowered her head, fur bristling not out of anger but of stress-

The kitsune witnessed much in the next passing moments; the death of Corrin, the prince of both nations. The regret and anguish of the crown princes, as they struck down their own brother.

She stood in shock at what she'd witnessed, unsure of the turn the war would take now. She hesitantly breathed, and heard Azura's song as it floated across the grassy plain. Instantly she felt her anxieties quiet, and her fur softened. She felt her body weaken as though she had no will to fight, but it was almost relieving. She let go of her concentration and allowed herself to revert back to her humanoid form. "What is this?" she questioned aloud.

Poplin flinched at the sound of the horn. Not that it startled her or anything, she just didn't didn't expect it that's all. She felt as if she was snubbed a bit that Audric's attention was now diverted. But, in all fairness a battlefield is not someplace to discuss such matters. So it goes. She turned to watch the scene that had caught his attention, though made no move to follow him after he rushed past. She instead turned her attention to Milow, who had just collapsed.
Her ears lay flat in concern, but there wasn't much she could do. At least, not as she was now. Though even if she were to revert her form she didn't know much about wounds from magic. Poplin didn't get much of a chance to dwell on this though as even though she couldn't see Corrin's untimely demise, she most certainly could hear it. She glanced back towards the grizzly scene. "How horrid..." She spoke under her breath. Even in the face of such a tragedy the crown princes still found it in them to fight... Poplin found it despicable.
And then there was the song... As pretty as it was it made her body heavy and she began to find it harder to stay in her more beastly form. She grit her teeth. She didn't really want to change back here, she felt much too vulnerable that way even if Taeko did change back as well. She eyed Klaus as he approached, distrusting him most of all. He seemed to only show interest in healing Milow though, and that was reason enough for her to change back to human form with a sigh of relief; she found her body to be much lighter once she revered. Her exhaustion was far more apparent in her human form, as well as a variety of small cuts and injuries that would have otherwise been hidden by her fur. However, she didn't make any show of this bothering her.
Listening in to Milow and Saito's conversation she couldn't help but crack a smile. "No one said anything about being 'little' young pup." She teased.

Audric waded through all of the destruction following Azura as she looked at Xander who distrustfully glared at her. Camilla came soon after as Audric arrived. "Nohrian bastards! LOOK WHAT YOU'VE DONE! You forced him to fight and now he's gone!" Ryoma cried out tears streaming from his eyes as Xander growled back, "You Hoshidans kidnapped him! He wouldn't be here if it weren't for you!" Azura knelt down and grabbed Corrin picking him up Felicia helped as Ryoma and Xander both reached out to grasp him only for Azura to turn back, "See what war has brought to you? The death of a serene young man who had so much more to live for. You, you're Prince Xander aren't you? Take back your men and return to Nohr for now. This battle is over. And Ryoma...please see to the Hoshidan forces. Hinoka is a strong girl but even I fear she isn't capable of helping everyone. And Sakura..." she said as she turned over to the young woman balling on the fields her hands covering her eyes unable to look. "Do you really think we'll let you take him away from us? You fools have harmed my darling little brother and now you think I'll simply let him go back with you? You'd be fools to think so." Camilla said with seething barely contained anger writhing under her panic for Corrin's health. "How could you even think that we'd let him go with you!? We'll bring him home and rest-" Ryoma began as Audric stepped in. "ENOUGH! The Prince will be taken care of by me personally. It's clear that neither side will back down so I'll be the neutral party in this. I stake my claim as an old friend of Nohr and a student of Hoshido." Audric said with distaste for all sides as Xander looked over finally noticing him for the first time.

Camilla was equally as shocked as she looked over to him, "Audric? When did you get here?" Camilla asked as Xander looked at him fiercely with the eyes of a predator. "Nolan sent you didn't he? Still has his fingers in everyone else's business when he doesn't need to get involved. Nestra will-" Xander began as Azura interuppted all once more with a loud note. "You are the Ocean's grey waves-" she began as the spell once more flowed through the air a little stronger than before as all struggled to keep their wits about them. "Please please Lord Corrin don't die not here! Not like this!" Felicia begged as she held onto Corrin and rushed him off Ryoma failed to stop him as Audric raised his axe with great effort which shocked Azura.

"I came here alone and I came here without Nestrian allies. Nolan is not behind my presence here. I am here because I felt I needed to be here Xander. Now go back it's clear you have no choice in the matter. And Camilla please...trust me. I will do all I can for Corrin."Audric said gently as he lowered his weapon and pulled out a horn and blew into it leaving behind a distinct noise. "All forces fall back!" Audric called out with a booming voice that he had practiced so often. Ryoma scowled but accepted this arrangement. "...I'll leave it to you Mr. Audric. Save my brother...and Azura I don't understand why you've done what you've done but you're always welcome back at home." Ryoma said heading towards Sakura. Xander got up as Camilla grabbed his shoulder. "I don't want to leave Corrin behind either Xander but...I think we should trust Audric on this one. He always did have a good heart and it looks like he still does." Camilla said as Xander closed his eyes and put his hand on his forehead and shook it. "X-Xan-der please...don't blame y-yourself. Just retreat." Corrin uttered out to the shock of the remaining party. Xander looked over to him and cried harder,"Little Prince...if this is what you want so be it. I'll retreat but I will find you again." Xander said as he turned around and got back up onto his horse and Camilla mounted her wyvern again as both took once look back at Corrin and flew off back towards Nohr's retreating forces. Audric looked at Azura and nodded as he raised his axe. "Let's go!" Audric shouted over to Saito and Milow.

"Let's go. Come Nohrians we have a place to go. We have all pledged our aid to Audric and Corrin have we not? I intend to follow through with it." Saito said putting his blade back in it's place. He grabbed Milow and helped him move but Milow stopped as he looked at Popin and grinned at her. "Hey looks like it's time to get going now. I'm leaving Nohr for now. You said you had a family back home right? Well I do too and I'm going to do what I think is for the best. Even if they're at risk they'd want me to help out Prince Corrin and Lord Audric. I know I probably don't mean much too you seeing as we just met today but I'd think we'd be great friends. If you're not coming with me I hope we meet again some day. Hopefully as friends." Milow said as Saito told him they shouldn't waste anymore time. Milow nodded and walked with Saito, leaning on him heavily, as the two went to Audric who was following Azura and Felicia north.

====

"You there archer girl." Ryoma said as he gripped Jasmine's shoulder. "Follow them that's an order from your prince. I want to make sure my brother get's well. I'll send a friend of mine to make sure you don't get hurt out there either. And if he does die I want you to follow that noble Audric. If he's from Nestra then I want to know their stance on this war. Do this and report back to me and I will reward you accordingly for your efforts." Ryoma said as he let go of Jasmine and marched back towards the Hoshidan lines.

Last edited:
Jasmine stood to attention once Ryoma placed his hand on her shoulder and gave her the orders. She hadn't expected to be adressed so suddenly by the High Prince like that and had to take a moment from not doing something stupid out of reflex. "As you wish Milord, though a reward needn't be necessary. Just being able to help you in some way is reward enough." she replied, her eyes wide with surprise at being picked for such a thing. She felt honored but also knew that if she failed in some way she would most likely be too embarrassed and ashamed to show her face in Hoshido again-let alone Prince Ryoma himself. She honestly didn't expect such a thing to happen to someone who was experiencing there first tastes of war either. 'You're doing this for Prince Ryoma so you have to be careful and not die Jasmine.' she thought. Putting her bow and arrow away for now, the young archer prepared herself to follow through with Ryoma's order, while also wondering who this friend was the Prince mentioned.

"Do not call me a 'witch doctor'," Klaus sneered. "I can put all sorts of undesirable things into your drinking water." The deadpan voice that the words were thrown out with made it impossible to tell if the doctor was joking or not. Still, his eyes widened when a samurai entered his line of sight, and surely Klaus would have spat in his direction had it not been for his mask. He couldn't find the words to say. No one had told him that a Hoshidan would be joining their ranks, or more precisely, that one would be left alive in the doctor's presence. Klaus averted his gaze in disgust, only to find that the opposing armies were steadily falling back. Leo had made no effort to recover their second-most prized healer. A revelation dawned on Klaus with that particular image. He was going to miss Lady Elise, if the feeling of missing someone was even possible for him. Klaus observed the scene a bit more, trying to comprehend the reason as to why the wolfskin was acting so passively. The doctor followed Milow and Saito towards Audric. Farther away, Azura held Corrin's limp body in her arms, and by now Klaus could sense the impending fate that would take the young prince anytime now.

With the battle nearing its end and the fields clearing, stragglers became a bit more apparent and visible, and to Remigia this was a prime time to strike, so to speak. She'd waited out the battle, odd garments betraying no allegiance to either kingdom and sheer lack of involvement rendering her a poor target-- her wyvern (alarmingly chubby and oddly primped for a war beast; certainly a stark contrast to the riders of Nohr's army) begrudgingly keeping her out of reach of on-foot attackers and a hand-axe (later dropped in a fit of carelessness) had served well picking away at any attackers. As it stood, both she and her (now out of breath) dragon were relatively unscathed, if a bit lethargic.

The first step to finding new clientele is, as always, a good approach. Remi's favourite approach involves quite literally approaching people, and while this isn't precisely subtle (in fact, she's rarely surprised to find herself taken for a fool), she finds it more than effective. Examining the field she takes her options in account. Hoshido was her first choice, naturally; the surplus of food and gold provided ample and even generous payments in the past, but... Well, with the death of the prince, she doubts if the royals are interested in any form of pestering. Nohr was a poor choice on the best of days; growing up there had left her with a profound knowledge of how sparse resources were, and with more skilled soldiers than her at the ready her help is likely not only unwelcome but unneeded. Which, of course, leaves neutrals and independents; chef's special, so to speak. These are always hit or miss for her, but available in abundance. Different tribes fighting with one another, or neutral countries requiring defenses to, well, STAY neutral. But looser laws lead to looser payments, and that's where the trouble comes in. Beggers can't be choosers, however, and it seems she's quickly left with one (1) entire option.

An option she's unsure what to make of, to be true. As she goads her wyvern to follow her towards the rag-tag group (wiggling a piece of dried fish just outside of her biting range and making the sort of tongue clicking noises you'd expect of a cat owner), a closer look speaks volumes of their affiliations-- that is, none of the above. They're clearly not tribalists, and seeing both Nohrians and Hoshidans in the same place is almost jarring. Ryoma's retreat almost leads her to believe they may be under Hoshidan jurisdiction, but that seems unlikely. The middle guy isn't too familiar-- Nestran, perhaps? Cheve? She can't quite tell, and--

Her analysis is quickly staunched as she makes the most important discovery of all, truly a priority in any job market: fluffy tails? Fluffy tails. Genuine, waggable fluff-sticks with matching ears to boot. She's so stunned by this revelation that she hardly notices her dragon pilfering the fish from her hand, which she wipes haphazardly on her cloak (dragon drool, gross) before offering said hand to the strangely dressed fellow (Audrey? Elrick? Fuck it), presumably unphased by the (soon to be) corpse in the middle of the mess-- she cares for royalty in the same way she cares for sock lint, and Corrin is of no exception.

"Evenin', sir. I take it the lot of you aren't out to form a band?"

"Alright smiles whatever you say." Milow said as they finally managed to catch up to Audric he turned to them and smiled. "I wasn't sure you'd make it Milow. Thanks for sticking up for me. It's more than most people would do. For now though Corrin needs rest...hopefully he will survive the day." Audric said to the group as the began to move towards the forest nearby in order to regain some cover and some much needed rest. Hoshido would likely retreat to a fort and Nohr to their closest camp. Leo wouldn't be happy if what he saw of him today was any clear sign of his attitude. Ryoma wouldn't let him get to far either if things went wrong with Corrin. One way or another he would have to do something. "Klaus, Azura, Felicia do you have any ideas on where-" Audric began as he noticed a wyvern rider of all things land next to them. Saito pulled away from Milow and pulled out his sword once more. "Oh my." Azura said in shock as she looked at the beast and it's rider. "Hardly a good evening. If you haven't noticed we just got done a blood bath and a crown prince is near death. If you wish to join my group then feel free to but please have some grace." Audric said motioning to the nearly dead Corrin who was being held by Felicia. "Um uh we need to get going and get medical help NOW." Felicia mumbled out in panic as Audric nodded. "Let's get going." Audric said as he ordered the group to move forward. He only hoped that things would turn out alright. "Lord Audric thank you. Not everyone would stand against Nohr and Hoshido the way you did today. I thank you for your sa-" Audric began as he interuppted her. "I'm not going to let a good man die if I can help it. Life should be cherished not taken despite my actions today to the contrary I did what I thought I had to do. So let's get moving. Saito tell me do you know these areas well?" Audric asked as Saito nodded explaining these were places he often traveled through on the way to inspect the border for Ryoma.

Poplin gnawed on one of the bones on her necklace as she considered her options. She was admittedly curious about what Audric was planning with the dying prince, and if she were to return to the Nohrian forces surely the next time she would see Milow they would be far from friends. Though, of course, the matter of the safety of her people weighed heavily on her mind. They could surely hold their own against a small group of poachers but mankind certainly had the greater strength in numbers. Perhaps she could travel with them for the time being, just enough to sate her curiosity? Yes, that sounded reasonable. She jogged back up to the ragtag group. "I'll accompany you for the time being, I doubt I'd be missed much, most didn't take me for more than a corpse-eating beast who runs purely on instinct... But I meant what I said before." She paused for a beat. "It's practically customary to eat those who try to harm the pack."

Klaus was simmering with irritation. More strangers converged with the group, one was an impetuous wyvern rider, and the other was the feral creature that the doctor loathed deeply, despite its service to Nohr. It was ironic - the doctor's dislike of strangers joining sides favorable to his - as he was himself a total stranger. "Milord, if I may speak about our current dilemma," Klaus glared over to Felicia and Audric. He didn't trust the young maid. In all fairness he couldn't find the will to trust anyone in the minuscule band. "I will do everything in my power to keep the boy alive until we find welcome territory." It was his duty as a physician. For as long as Klaus had served the Nohrian royal family, this was the closest look he had ever gotten of Corrin. Inwardly he knew that neither time nor luck was in the boy's favor. "Where we travel next is largely your choosing, milord. I know of a mountain village in Hoshido, but my better judgement tells me that heading there is a perilous effort."

Last edited:
Grace, he says. Truthfully, the prince could easily be mistaken for a corpse-- at any rate, he may as well be. But damage control is everything. Having long since unmounted her steed, she gestures to its wide back, speaking slightly more formally now. No-nonsense type, right? If a bit of a drama-queen. Half the group seems a bit too excitable for their own breetches, but that's to be expected of young'uns (as far as she can tell, anyway). All things considered, the panic may be understandable, though she still really can't see how big of a deal an idealistic prince could possibly be.

"Well, if you're wanting to move a bit faster, you can rest him on Armin's back. She's a shakey flier, but walking around she'll jostle him a good deal less than butterfingers here might-- She doesn't bite, mind you," she spares a handwave to Felicia, before flashing the Troubadour an near-unnoticeable glance.

"Really, picking him up in the first place was rather unwise. But damage being done, you may as well transport him safely."

Remi offers the reign (more of a leash, really) to Audric, more as a show of faith than anything else. She'd rather not come off like she's attempting to steal a royals not-corpse, at any rate. She then gives him another look over, still trying to place where he's from. Half out of distrust and half out of honesty, she responds in turn to the Troubadour's statement. At the very least, she knows travel, and he is right about mountains being perilous.

"Truth be told, he doesn't look like he'll survive much of a journey, but flatter terrain is going to be your best bet-- the less he moves around, the better. Izumo isn't too far from here, no?"

Well, it's not exactly CLOSE, but given the circumstances she figures it's the least confrontational place they could possibly wind up. Likely wise, given the commotion the prince had just caused.

Audric looked at the girl who had just offered him her wyvern and then back to Klaus he wondered what he should do. Truth be told Corrin had little time to live. Two legendary weapons had pierced his body it was a miracle he was still breathing even at this moment. "F-F-Felicia....just let me down..." the young prince asked of the Maid who shook her head profusely, "My lord no! You need rest! You can't just-" she started as Saito went over to the young maid, "Lord Corrin has little time left on this world. I would recommend putting him down and letting him die with dignity." Saito said with difficultly trying to sound comforting and firm at the same time. He had no interest in letting Corrin die but...he had seen men with lesser wounds die. "I would agree with you master Saito. However I must try. Klaus, Felicia; just keep healing him. Maybe if we can get to Izumo soon or that mountain village we can save his life." Audric said trying to stifle the sense of helplessness in his belly. It was not something he felt often. People died in war but this boy was not just some random soldier or brave noble who charged into battle. He was royalty capable of stopping both sides. If he knew Xander like remembered then..."T-Thank you...Audric...Azura....everyone. Bu-but Audric I know my time is short. Make me a promise...Promise to do your best to stop Hoshido and Nohr from destroying each other..." Corrin said faintly as Felicia shook her head, "What are you saying my lord? What about Flora, and Jacob? What about me? Please don't leave us!" the maid begged pitifully as Corrin gave her a very weak smile. "I'll...I'll stay with you...as long as I can." Corrin muttered coughing heavily spitting out blood. "I make no promises Lord Corrin...at least not ones I can keep. I will do all I can but this is your quest not mine. You must be the one to fulfill it not I. Wyvern Rider! I apologize too you if this offends you but I can't exactly trust a person I just met given the circumstances. Normally I'd give everyone a pass but this is a time I need to be serious. I know Izumo and it's lord. Izana is eccentric but he knows his stuff and he has many skilled doctors. I know the general direction from here I'll lead the way but if it becomes too hard then perhaps Klaus can show us the village. And wolf girl. Thank you for joining us. It means a lot if the tales my brother and father told me about your kind are true." Audric commented as he took the lead of the group from Felicia and started to head off in the general direction he remembered Izumo was located in. It'd be a far trip but if they hurried perhaps they could make it. Milow told Saito he could hold himself up steady for a bit and told him to watch out for people following them. "The first thing I learned as a kid is that bandits and outlaws aren't exactly good people. Seeing us all like this will make us a target. Good thing we all know how to fight." Milow said quietly his wounds still painfully throbbing but healed up all the same. However Azura went over to Klaus and smiled at him kindly. "Thank you for your efforts doctor...even if no one else would say so I want to at least show some gratitude at your efforts. Corrin is important to me. Please take care of him. And even if you can't save him...at least let him die peacefully."

Last edited:
From atop his horse, Klaus repeatedly made a map inside his head, recollecting years of study in a vast array of academies. Audric had wanted to go to Izumo, of all places. A distant principality that held vast stretches of hostile land in between. The doctor imagined that taking a ship there would have been faster, not to mention safer, than walking. He would have jumped to suggest it, but the thought faded suddenly when Azura approached the sullen doctor. "Perhaps it is fit of me to... apologize for the words I had addressed you with earlier," he bowed, elegantly keeping himself on his steed. "I will do everything in my power for the boy. However, I ask that you protect Audric in return. I am distrusting of your song, but it is a valuable power nonetheless. Without Audric I have no vessel for murdering Garon." Grinning, Klaus rode ahead to the front of the group. There was a significant probability that being dropped by Felicia was going to kill Corrin as much as the mystical swords were.

Jasmine knew that now was as good a time as any to go with them so with a deep breath to reign in her composer she took once quick look back to Prince Ryoma and the rest of the Hoshidan forces as they were preparing for a retreat. Whoever this friend of Ryoma was, she hoped they could catch up with her because she knew the group was in a rush to get Corrin to safety and she didn't want to cause any major problems. So she went to catch up with the group, not having realized that with her slightly short stature that she wouldn't of been able to make the distance that was created between her and the group at the speed she would of liked. This made her frown and the thought of calling out to the group to get their attention hadn't dawned on her either. At least, not until she was close enough to not really need to shout.

"Lord Audric! I wish to accompany your group!" she called out once in hearing range. "And just to make this brief so as to not take up too much time, I am coming to keep an eye on Prince Corrin's wellbeing." she said as straight to the point as she could get, not thinking to bring up that Prince Ryoma had ordered her to come due to his concerns but if Audric asked there was no doubt she'd give an honest answer. Though, maybe she wouldn't have to tell him and he could guess? Either way, the thought of informing him of that little piece of information slipped her mind and flew over her head.

Status
Not open for further replies.