Fighting the Losing Battle

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Scrubz glanced as Alex as she left the deck he thought to himself *She'll be fine.... I hope*. He quickly turned to Rachael "Sorry Rachael I got distracted, you have mail to send I'm sure I can help you with that just give a moment". Scrubz stepped back a bit and called "Blue you listening". In his head he heard the replies coming from Blue "Yes Captain".
"Is our post box still working".
"It will be in half an hour the spiderbots are doing the maintenance checks".
"Good good I'll come up and see you in a bit"
"Yea can't wait"
Scrubz smiled with the excitement coming from Blue voice. "bless her" he mumbled. "Well you're in luck Rachael if you follow me down to Lv3 we can sort your mail out". He offered his arm for Rachael to take. Scrubz was in a good mood at the moment maybe it was just because he had a busy ship once again and some sense of direction in his life.

Cordel floated along beside Evelyn's shoulder. He nodded at her question with a sad expression. "You're right. When I heard the name Alex it made me think of an old friend of mine." It had been so long since he'd last seen her. He wasn't even sure she was still alive, considering her usually affinity towards creatures.

Rin giggled as she thought about how angry Alex could possibly be. She stopped for a second and thought about how Alex could approach this. The one thing that came to her mind was that she would say she didn't have a concious or that the voice wasn't it. "Tsk. Tsk. Tsk. I am your concious! Why do you have to be so mean, even to me? If you want me to bloody leave I will! I will go back to being alone with your mind numbing thoughts." It seemed like she was done with Alex, but who else could she pick on...

~*~*~*~

Rachael glanced at his arm for a second and took it. He was helping her and it wouldn't kill her. She hoped...she had never been one to e social and this was a bit odd for her. "Thank you Captain. It means a lot. My leader has a tendency to over react sometimes and the current situation for the resistance isn't helping any."

Evelyn looked up at Cordel, noticing his sad expression. When he explained who the Alex he knew was she spoke up, "What's wrong? Did something happen to her?" She certainly hoped nothing did happen to his friend but with the way he looks right then, it seemed like something happened.

~

Alex rolled her eyes at her 'conscious'. "I do want you to bloody leave but I get the feeling you aren't going to." Jeez, this voice was almost as annoying as Rin.

Juvo's attempt to make a barrier to make the heat ball visible didn't work. It might have had it not been for the fact that the barrier would hold the heat ball in place... which wasn't good... He sighed and laid down waiting for Rachael to come back. She was supposedly sending a letter or talking to someone... at least he thought that's what she said she was doing.

After a little while and she didn't come back he felt a little panicked. What if she wasn't coming back? What if she was hurt? What if she was in trouble? What if he was in trouble? Where was she!? He got up quickly and rushed to the door almost in tears. As he rushed threw the door he found an empty hallway and couldn't remember which way he was supposed to go. He ran in a random direction threw the halls with tears running down his cheeks. Where was she?!

"I actually have no idea. I haven't seen her since before the humans took over," Cordel admitted, shaking his head. He looked at Evelyn and asked, "Have you heard of the Amazon rainforest?"

Evelyn had to think for a moment, did she hear about this 'Apazon'? She didn't think so, she didn't get the chance to learn about a lot of things thanks to her childhood and what she did learn was basic things like reading, fighting and a little bit of cooking. Evelyn shook her head, "No, I don't know about the Apazon, is that where you're from?" She asked curiously, it sounded like a fun place to be with a whole bunch of nature there. But there also must be a lot of rain there too and she never liked that, it is so wet and weird on her.

"Yes, it is where I used to live." He smiled pleasantly as he described his old home, his mind temporarily going back to a time when things were so much simpler. "It was a beautiful place. Trees everywhere around you, a thick canopy of leaves high above you, the calls of hundreds to thousands of different exotic animals filling your ears, shimmering waterfalls you could bathe under. There was a fairly sizable group of us creatures who were lucky enough to call this place home." His smile swiftly disappeared as he went on, "But sadly, the humans clear cut the whole rainforest. That is why I am now merely a traveler."

Scrubz led Rachael down to level 3 of the deck. Level 3 of the deck was a wide open space with all sorts of weapons hanging on the walls and a simple English red post box with a lid over the hole where the letters go in laid in one of the corners. As they approached it millions of tiny spider bots was scattered across it, he turned to Rachael "They will be done soon, Rachael they are just doing some small repairs". Scrubz face turned serious for a second realising something "Just a head of warning do NOT put your hand inside the post box unless you want to lose your hand".

Blue was doing some cobwebbing in the hall when Juvo was running towards her in tears. She crouched down and stopped the young boy "Hey hey hey little man what's with a tears now". She said in a nice smooth voice."

"I-I-I." he said quietly looking down at his face clearly intimidated. He clearly was a very shy being. "c-can-can't," Juvo was choking on his sobs an nerves at the same time so he tried to cut it down. "R-R-ac-hael. W-here's R-Rachael." his voice might not have even be loud enough to hear and with him looking at te ground she couldn't even read his lips. Clearly though, he was upset about something.

Blue smiled sweetly at Juvo "No need to be shy around me, remember this ship is me. This body is just a voice for me plus it helps doing the general cleaning. Which....." Blue looked up and down the corridor and whispered ".........I can't trust the Captain to keep me clean. But don't tell him I said that". When she ended her whisper she gave Juvo a wink and carried on talking "You know I might have a little gift for you its hiding down on level 4, if you want come with, if you don't I'll find it soon for you and bring it to ya". Blue got up and about to walk off towards level 4 but she held her hand out for Juvo to grab if he wanted to follow her.

Rachael glanced at the mail box and then back at the captain. "Who knew delivering mail could be so hazardous...jeez. Where did you come across these little guys in the first place." She looked at one a little more closely. "They are pretty interesting..."

Last edited by a moderator:
Juvo looked at her hand then back in the direction he came and continued this process for a moment or so before slowly lifting his hand to take hers. He wasn't sure if he wanted a gift but the again it might be Rachael or maybe something else... but maybe she was going to show him where Rachael was. That was really all he wanted right then...

Evelyn smiled at his description of his old home, it sounded really cool, "That place sounds wonderful, it must've been great to live there too!" When he spoke of the humans clearing it all, she frowned and looked down sadly. Great, another reason the humans are terrible creatures. "Why would the humans even want to do that? It's horrible..."

Scrubz chuckled "Well the spiderbots have always been on this ship but won't work for Blue unless she has a captain, when I first found blue she was fallen apart and I started to fix her up by myself I was at it constantly until……." He paused and smiled remembering how he found Blue and his life changed dramatically and for the better "……..I fixed one part which made Blue talk to me and I accepted being her Captain. Soon enough all these little fellows appeared and fixed Blue. It was 500 years later until I got an AI for her to walk about and control"

As Juvo took Blue's hand they started walking down the corridor "I know who you want Juvo, so I'm taking you to her". A few moments down the corridor she stopped and opened a chest which was in a grove in the wall which could easily be missed if you weren't looking for it. As she scavenged through the chest she found what she was looking for. Blue knelt down to Juvo and held her hand open for him. It was a plain gold ring "Here this is for you, it's a magic ring it changes size depending on the wearer plus it will give you more confidence in yourself, which I think you personally need. Please accept this gift"

He looked at the ring then at blue. He shook his head and took a step back. He wasn't sure if he wanted the ring but more importantly he still wasn't a hundred persent sure he could trust her. What if she wanted to hurt him and she cursed the ring? He turned around and ran away. He just wanted Rachael!

Blue gave of a big sigh and muttered "poor little Juvo". She sat on the floor and waited for Juvo to come back. While Juvo was running away the floor was started to move in the opposite direction back to Blue soon enough it was the right speed so Juvo started running on the spot it was only a matter of time till Juvo had to go back to Blue.

Juvo started to freak out as the floor starts to move. It was making him not go anywhere and tears started to run down his face. He was going to die, he knew it, he was going to die. He started to run faster only to have the floor speed it. In a spike of fear he tripped and was shot backwards with a yelp.

Pandora was sat in her room deep in thought as to how the fight was going to go down she had learnt a lot of the years of dealing with humans and the one thing she knew for a fact was they were unpredictable at best and would throw their own Grandmother in the way of them to save themselves. With a sigh Pandora rested her head back on the beds head rest and thought about what everyone else was up too.

Rachael listened as he talked and kept watching the little bots move around. "Oh wow...I can only imagine how much work it would have taken. Do you know why she was in that condition in the first place?" She stopped a second as his finishing words finally settled in. "Hey..wait! Did you just say 500 years?!" She looked at him a bit shocked. "I wasn't even close to being alive when you found her! How old are you exactly?" She was just a bit confused, people being over 500 was something she wasn't quite used to.

Status
Not open for further replies.